OFFICIAL 2015-2016 LOS ANGELES LAKERS THREAD

Options

Comments

• af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like Huertas. Y'all got a solid backcourt with a lot of depth. Is Kobe playing some 3 this year?
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like Huertas. Y'all got a solid backcourt with a lot of depth. Is Kobe playing some 3 this year?

That was the plan, but it seems Byron loves Anthony Brown's defense. There is a chance Russell comes of the bench and Brown starts at SF
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »

That was the plan, but it seems Byron loves Anthony Brown's defense. There is a chance Russell comes of the bench and Brown starts at SF

So who would be the starting PG? Clarkson?
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options

So who would be the starting PG? Clarkson?

Yep. Just guessing though. They might stick to the original plan.

• Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Upshaw got waived. Lakers hoping he clears waivers so they can sign him to the D-Fenders.
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Fuckn disgustin how after Lamarcus Aldridge says this, The writer still says "Lamarcus is lying about the positive things he has to say about Kobe and deep down Lamarcus views Kobe as selfish and paid too much money and ruined the Lakers too much for Lamarcus to want to play with." This the kind of ? I ain't never seen happen to anyone else in any sport by writers. Personally, I think Kobe's probably THE MOST HATED ATHLETE IN all of sports for the longest period of time by writers and announcers.

SI.com: There was a lot of talk about the Lakers free agent meeting. It seemed like it went badly. What happened?

LA: I’m not going to get into details, but it was just a couple of meetings. The first meeting didn’t go as well as they said and then the second meeting went better. I’ll go on the record as saying Kobe was not an issue at all. He was a very positive part of the meeting. I’ve always had a very cordial relationship with Kobe. I see him all the time in Newport [Beach], and it was really messed up that [the media] put it on him when he was one of the best parts of the meeting. But like I said, the first one didn’t go as well, the second one went a little bit, but at the end of the day going back home was more valuable.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wtf and we kept Sacres ? ass man.. wtf. this affirmative action for ? bigs need to stop
  • newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So far I'm not impressed with Russell.
  • da-great1
    da-great1 Members Posts: 126 ✭✭
    Options
    Any of yall interested in coming on a podcast to discuss the Lakers and give a preview and outlook on the season before the opener?
  • gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

doing dumb ? like not starting russell is whats going to get scott fired right around the time jeanie fires jim
  • Jonah 2.0
    Options
    Upshaw cleared waivers
  • dee.i.pee
    dee.i.pee Members Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

me either,maybe he'll come around,but im not seeing number 2 overall pick,shouldve taken Okafor
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Russell is going to need time to figure out the NBA game and the flow of the game. He's not athletic so its gonna take some time for him to figure out the best spots where he can attack.
  • mdot
    Options
    luke1733 wrote: »
    Fuckn disgustin how after Lamarcus Aldridge says this, The writer still says "Lamarcus is lying about the positive things he has to say about Kobe and deep down Lamarcus views Kobe as selfish and paid too much money and ruined the Lakers too much for Lamarcus to want to play with." This the kind of ? I ain't never seen happen to anyone else in any sport by writers. Personally, I think Kobe's probably THE MOST HATED ATHLETE IN all of sports for the longest period of time by writers and announcers.

SI.com: There was a lot of talk about the Lakers free agent meeting. It seemed like it went badly. What happened?

LA: I’m not going to get into details, but it was just a couple of meetings. The first meeting didn’t go as well as they said and then the second meeting went better. I’ll go on the record as saying Kobe was not an issue at all. He was a very positive part of the meeting. I’ve always had a very cordial relationship with Kobe. I see him all the time in Newport [Beach], and it was really messed up that [the media] put it on him when he was one of the best parts of the meeting. But like I said, the first one didn’t go as well, the second one went a little bit, but at the end of the day going back home was more valuable.

It is what it is. He's been bashed his whole career and now that he's slowed down quite a bit everyone is coming out bashing him even more.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dee.i.? wrote: »

me either,maybe he'll come around,but im not seeing number 2 overall pick,shouldve taken Okafor

Okafor been inefficient as hell. The lowest Efficiency rating out of the whole top 10 this preseason. I believe Ok4 will get better with time.

Whereas Russ been 2nd in efficiency with the lowest usage rate. Too early to make blanket statements about any of them imo.

• playmaker88
    Options
    Lakers fam if yall need a link for the season holla
  • mdot
    Options
    Our schedule the first 10 or so games a lot easier than years before.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lakers fam if yall need a link for the season holla

Drop the link.
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So how many games you think we winning this year I got us at 36
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Defense is still trash
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Hey man Kobe needs to shot shooting 3's if he aint making them if you aint making half you shoudnt be shooting that much..

He played himself out of a good game. He was fouled on a few jumpers that he didnt get the call on.. but he settled way to much for the jumper period.. i dont know how many times he had a baseline rip through available... He needs to get cheap point from the line.. post up.. use his triple threat..

D'angelo Russell was non-existant

Hibbert fell on his ass 15 times

They should have let Randle do what he does on that drive that Kobe called the time-out on

and ? ESPN and there negative kobe stats on the side of the NBA page.

Its the first ? game 15 games in we will get a gauge on what we are.. we played ? rebounded and played ? . Hibbert needs to be a deterrence in the paint not a ? wall.. move a lil you ?
  • Jonah 2.0
    Options
    I'm hoping that last night was just Kobe's "I'm back!" game and not a preview of what we can expect from him all season.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gonna be another long season
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So how many games you think we winning this year I got us at 36

I see you're an optimist