OFFICIAL 2015-2016 LOS ANGELES LAKERS THREAD

Options

Comments

• northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can we say we dropped the ball in the #2 pick just in the fact we passed on Okafor the next generation Timmy D

It hasn't even been a month. The jury is still out.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I honestly don't see the fuss.

He's a crafty cerebral guard they always take a lil longer to get going. 11 games in Harden, Steph and him all in the same ballpark statistically give and take. And he's a younger rook then they were.

My only gripe is he doesn't put his foot down with his teammates. If Kobe, Jules, JC, Lou or Nick call for the rock he'll give it up asap. Instead of waving them off to further initiate the offense. I feel once he finds that happy medium he'll stop thinking so much.

That's just my outlook though.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »
    I honestly don't see the fuss.

He's a crafty cerebral guard they always take a lil longer to get going. 11 games in Harden, Steph and him all in the same ballpark statistically give and take. And he's a younger rook then they were.

My only gripe is he doesn't put his foot down with his teammates. If Kobe, Jules, JC, Lou or Nick call for the rock he'll give it up asap. Instead of waving them off to further initiate the offense. I feel once he finds that happy medium he'll stop thinking so much.

That's just my outlook though.

That pretty much how i see it.
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fire Byron Scott
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Don't know if they win or lose, but Toronto is a legitimate team and Lakers looking good against them. Damn they blew that 4th qtr
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Those 3's they killed us from the arc .. we really didnt play bad at all.. Kobe played good D on Derozan.. Russ played real well, Clarkson does what he does.. randle needs to clean up those dumb fouls
  • gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    chances lakers keep that top 3 pick this yr????
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gucci7383 wrote: »

We're on pace for 15-67 now. And the schedule only gets tougher.

Think we finish 2nd worst record league wide.

Sixers
    Us
    Nets

In that order. Up to how the ? bounce
  • gucci7383
    Options

Sixers
    Us
    Nets

hows that draft lookng..whos the studs this yr. havent wacthed any college games yet
  • newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sixers
    Us
    Nets

hows that draft lookng..whos the studs this yr. havent wacthed any college games yet

Ben Simmons
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D'Angelo Russell rebounds the ball pretty well for a PG. That's a good trait to start, especially if we ever go to an uptempo offense. He is starting to string together some nice box-scores. The passing instincts are there, his rebs numbers tell me he is ready to work hard, once he gets stronger,the sky is the limit.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if we dont get the number 1 pick, I see us trading the pick for a proven Star

knowing the front office, they want a all star in house before 2017 free agency begins
  • gucci7383
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    D'Angelo Russell rebounds the ball pretty well for a PG. That's a good trait to start, especially if we ever go to an uptempo offense. He is starting to string together some nice box-scores. The passing instincts are there, his rebs numbers tell me he is ready to work hard, once he gets stronger,the sky is the limit.

hes gonna be great.
    its just other rookies having instant impact on there teams and people are second guessing our pick because scott has russell on the bench in the 4th quarter. give him time pg is the hardest postion in the nba to learn
  • Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Chances look good now but, will this team gel and begin to improve toward the end of the season while other teams are deciding to go into full tank mode? I'm hoping we can have our cake and eat it too.
  • newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    if we dont get the number 1 pick, I see us trading the pick for a proven Star

knowing the front office, they want a all star in house before 2017 free agency begins

I'm not mad at that thinking but draft the player first. Same way the Cavs drafted Wiggins and then traded him for Love. But If the draft Ben Simmons they would out of their minds to trade him away. But then again…maybe they are that dumb. They also need to put this Luke Walton thing into motion now. If they wait around someone else will come in and swoop him up.

I look at how fisher is doing in his second year and I see vast improvement. Luke will be solid and players will love playing for him. Especially these young guys.
    804 Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Either Kobe doesn't give a ? , or he completely oblivious to how trash his jumper is right now. This ? needs to take a month off, and work on coming of screens and pulling up immediately. No jab step, no pump fake, no second pump fake, no third pump fake, just pulling up. If it's not there, swing the damn ball. Matter of fact, Randle needs to be in the gym with Kobe too. I'm talking a thousand jumpers a day. And why the ? does MWP have the ball in his hands so damn much??? Everything is all wrong dammit, it's all ? wrong
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I do think Okafor will mature as he gets older but I can kind of see where the front offices head was at passing on him
  • toheeb27
    edited November 2015
    Options
    killap wrote: »
    I do think Okafor will mature as he gets older but I can kind of see where the front offices head was at passing on him

Were there red flags before the draft? I did not hear about character issues.
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    killap wrote: »

Were there red flags before the draft? I did not hear about character issues.

I don't think it's character issues per se, if I was an 19 yo millionaire, I would be doing some dumb ? as well. People mature at different ages.
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe doesn't give a ? it's his last year.
  • toheeb27
    Options
    Do we even an Offensive System?????
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the Alpha now knows the squad is HIS in 2 years if he wants the challenge..............I believe he will accept!
    804 Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why does Byron Scott hate Lakers fans
  • Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    804 wrote: »
    Why does Byron Scott hate Lakers fans

Byron Scott doesn't seem like he's a fan of people in general.
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wit Kobe calling it quits looking ahead what jersey gets retired number 8 or 24??? Me personally 8 gets retired and 24 gets a statue.