OFFICIAL 2015-2016 LOS ANGELES LAKERS THREAD

Options

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As far a Russell he is playing like the kid at the park who finally got a chance to play with the fellas and isnt playing with confidence.. He just needs to play and stop overthinking it and be willing to step on some toes
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    nba_kobe1996_1296x518.jpg
    What if the Nets drafted Kobe Bryant ...

In 1996, the New Jersey Nets were very close to drafting Kobe Bryant at No. 8 but ended up taking Kerry Kittles. If Kobe stayed in Jersey, "It would have made New Jersey an attractive place, a basketball hotbed with a player like that," according to Jason Kidd.

Kobe was better off with the Lakers, especially with a coach like Phil Jackson and the knowledge and wisdom from the veteran players on the team. The former Lakers players who won multiple ships. All that had a part in making Kobe who he was. None of that existed with the Nets.
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now that the season has started and "we" have gotten all those playoff "Dreams" out of our system, What do u guys think should be our REALISTIC goals for this season?
  • northside7
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    Now that the season has started and "we" have gotten all those playoff "Dreams" out of our system, What do u guys think should be our REALISTIC goals for this season?

The team needs an identity. They need to establish a way they want to play in games. The defense is terrible and the shooting and shot selection is equally as bad. 

I'm not sure if Byron Scott is the right coach for the Lakers. Still very early in the season. 

The defense definitely needs to improve throughout the season. ? giving up a hundred something points a game. Build and run the squad through Clarkson, Randle, and Russell. Hopefully that is the situation at the end of the season.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just want to see the young guns develop. And hopefully Byron doesn't stifle that.

Byron is not the coach for this team long term imo.
    The young 3 (Julius,DR and Clarkson) went 17/30 against BK. Kobe, Lou and Nick went 10/34. On nights like that it would be nice for them to defer to the hotter hands which were the young cats.
  • Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Goals would be for the young guns to take the reigns and show that they are the future of this franchise. Russell needs to take his cue from Clarkson and Randle. They step on that court like it belongs to them. He's still acting like a visitor. By the end of the season I'm hoping to see the six youngsters logging real minutes.

I'm also hoping that Steve Kerr isn't going to retire. Laker Luke needs to come on home in the near future.
  • Jonah 2.0
    Options
    This ? Kobe...
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So Kobe's just going to continue to jack up 3's like he's Steph Curry? Why would he change his game so drastically on his last year? Kobe has never been a deadeye 3 shooter.

Why can't or won't Byron reel him in at all? Demand that he stop shooting 3s and draw up some plays that allow him to post from FT line extended. Kobe's new shot selection and Byron's suspect rotations are destroying any chance this team has of winning from day to day, and hurting the development of the newer players.

Every game Lakers have played so far has been a winnable game. It's going to get really ugly against the elite teams.
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Russell might be a future star or he might be a bust, but he needs to play for us to find out (Randle too). For Russell to play just 21 mins on a night when Kobe is out is absolutely insane. ? Byron benched the kid the entire 4th qtr, Russell did not play the last 17 mins of the game, WTF. He also left Randle on the bench for long periods too.

Whenever i watch the Nuggets play, they let Mudiay play all the ? time. Mudiay makes WAY more mistakes than Russell, but a smart franchise know its better to let him play through it.
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fire yall coach man. Jesus Christ
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Russell might be a future star or he might be a bust, but he needs to play for us to find out (Randle too). For Russell to play just 21 mins on a night when Kobe is out is absolutely insane. ? Byron benched the kid the entire 4th qtr, Russell did not play the last 17 mins of the game, WTF. He also left Randle on the bench for long periods too.

Whenever i watch the Nuggets play, they let Mudiay play all the ? time. Mudiay makes WAY more mistakes than Russell, but a smart franchise know its better to let him play through it.

Agreed he needs to be forged in fire.. he looks uncomfortable out there as far as playing the pg role.. let the young boy cook. I think he will be fine ..He just needs to play and act like he belongs.. like i said before it seems as if he doesnt want to step on any toes.. he needs to up his aggression and be the creator he is.. how many times have i seen him be the middle man and just give it up to Randle at the top of the key.. stop being a Prigioni.. and PG that ? .. i could give two ? about byron scott we need to play alot more P and R for the teams sake and also Dlo to get more comfortable.. ? everyone runs it to death besides us... what the ? do we run...
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Agreed. Don't get the logic of not playing Russell. I also hope Russell starts to think less and play basketball more.
  • gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

everything u just said is why scott needs to be fired now. this team needs to just run up and down and have fun and learn on the fly. there not good at playing defense and there rotations suck. the coach needs to see this and swicth his gameplan...
    the ? we're all wacthing now is why jason kidd started a mutiny and got his ass out of jersey
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Damn, that pass to Nance in the 2nd qtr was nasty ? . I'm not talking about the lob for the alley-oop that Nance didn't even know was his until he saw the pass in the air putting him at the basket, but I mean the straight pass no-look that came before that one.
    Kobe's movements are improving alot since the first 3 games. He's not getting left behind on defense so easily. Then again, this is the Pistons and the 2nd qtr.

His legs on his shots don't seem so strong, but his lateral movements returning or getting better than it was in first 3 games.

Pass is at :25 seconds into video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTpiaV2f8fo
  • eastbay510
    eastbay510 Members Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Happy for the win but D. Russell with no minutes in the 4th yet again. No clue what B. Scott's doing with him as far as his lack of minutes when the game is in the balance. Doesn't make any sense to me, whole season should be about letting him Clarkson and Randle develop.
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We are a damn mess in every way... The Front office is a mess, the coaching is asscakes, the players are worst without Kobe on the floor which says a lot.... Byron Scott is on a mission to ? this season over... Kobe already playing 37 mins can't walk... What gives with this guy, why doesn't Mitch call him into the office and tell him to wake the hell up already and get it rite... That showtime talk is a wrap do the right thing and hold his self accountable for once, never takes blame for nothing ... He's a ? fire cuz
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Keep byron til we get a real coach.. as muh as he needs to go.. until we have an established coach we shouldnt be in a hurry to fire dude..
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Damn, some of y'all are either brutally honest or hard on the Lakers. I don't have much hope for them this season, but I do think that for a team with 2 of their leaders being damn near rookies and then Kobe returning from basically not playing for 3 years that they are okay in a tough Western Conference all playing together for the first time together. I think I can see improvement in their play even now as better than it was the first week of November.
    If they were in the east, they might actually still have hope for the playoffs. (I know that's pushing it, but...)
    Even Miami, Cleveland, Brooklyn (which never got it together) and other teams put together for the first years had a hard time in their first months together.
    I'm still waiting till March to judge them. If they start to go for at least a .450 win percentile from let's say February to April (and their shooting percentages increase to an average of 43% or above AND they hold teams under 100 ppg) then I'd say they improved when I compare them from their record November to January.
    Lakers had a lot against em, it wasn't gonna be easy
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options
    Luke Walton for 2016 come on home bro! My motto for the rest of the year,

Lemons for Ben Simmons!
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i hear that scott and lakers management arent happy with russell work ethic. he's been hanging with kylie jenner and other socialites.

thats probably why he not getting 4th quarter minutes
  • northside7
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    i hear that scott and lakers management arent happy with russell work ethic. he's been hanging with kylie jenner and other socialites.

Can't get blinded by those LA lights.
  • Jonah 2.0
    Options
    Not everyone is meant to be a Laker....

I really hope Russell gets it together and proves me wrong but I just don't see it in dude.
  • newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »

I'm hearing the same ? . This all came too fast for him plus he is a still project.
  • playmaker88
    Options
    So we are taking this as fact.

and a legitimate reason why hes dont being utilized.
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options
    Can we say we dropped the ball in the #2 pick just in the fact we passed on Okafor the next generation Timmy D