OFFICIAL 2015-2016 LOS ANGELES LAKERS THREAD

Options

Comments

• luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LIke e/one here I wanted lakers to win. Minnesota practically gave them the game. WAtching that game after watching the caliber of play from Spurs and Oklahoma & the WArriors game the previous night, made me realize how far off the Lakers are. Missing passes, colliding with each other on multiple rebound opportunities and making it go out of bounds, losing their defensive assignments, slow to get into position on offense, taking to long to find a good shot.
    I don't really see any team being worse than Minnesota and then they turned around and beat the Lakers. It's only 1 game, but I hope I ain't saying 4 months from now in the loss column "it's only 40 games."
  • gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So how many games you think we winning this year I got us at 36

• luke1733
    Options
    gucci7383 wrote: »

I don't even want to guess, but if i believe in miracles (meaning the starting 3 on each of the West's teams get hurt OR if they get a top notch player like DeMarcus Cousins or the equivalent) I'd say 37 tops and THEY could really more realistically do a lot less.
    If they get lucky and get that one more top notch guy, nobody on their team gets hurt, I'd bump the wins to 44.
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    30 wins would be an improvement. I can't even get too mad we gonna lose a lot its gonna take time.

Kobe looked good physically but he just shoots too damn much.

Randle is a beast. Clarkson was solid. D'Angelo gonna need time he should just come off the bench.
  • mdot
    Options
    Got the Kings on Friday night should be a good game.
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I see you're an optimist

I reserve the right to knock that number down to 24
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Missed the game, was Randle's terrible game due to foul trouble?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    Missed the game, was Randle's terrible game due to foul trouble?

Yes and you saved yourself from not watching that ? ..

? the defense in this game was atrocious
    kobe needs to stop shooting 3's .....STOP
    D Russell needs to find his wings
    I want to punch Roy Hibberts Grover lookin as in his ? already.. i like Huerta... maybe we need to get rid of Clarkson and get a shooter. Like i always say 15 games and we can get a solid look...But the defense is just ridiculously bad
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Just seen this
    “You got to let him develop,” Bryant said of Russell. “It’s difficult. But it has to be done.”

"I'm really wanting the young guys, especially D’Angelo, to let him call the game ... That is part of me taking a step back."

Serena Winters ‏@SerenaWinters
    Kobe (1/3): "I'm really wanting the young guys, especially D'Angelo, let him call the game, let him organize the game, let him read the flow

Kobe continuing (2/3): "Let him (D'Angelo) make those decisions which is part of me taking a step back which needs to be done…"

Kobe (3/3): "You have to be there to help & support them (young guys). You've got to let them develop. It's difficult but it has to be done"

Preach
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Russell played well last night despite Byron's weird rotations where he would take him out soon as he got in rhythm. Still feel like he presses when playing with all the other starters. Sometimes force feeding the rock when he has his defender reeling.

Agree with Pm on Kobe threes. He needs to live mid range and closer. Only take threes on kick outs and such. Not off the dribble.

Randle has to be smarter with his fouls a couple of his fouls could've been eliminated if he rotated more efficiently. Instead he was late on the rotation and picked up a cheap foul.

Hibbert a mixed bag. The blocks are great haven't had that in years. Although on O he double catches too many passes which lead to missed finishes.

Clarkson scored really well. Need More effort on D tho.

Bench played solid especially due to the hole the starters put them in.
  • playmaker88
    Options
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Rande you dont need to bring the ball up every ? play lol Aside from that i love the way he plays need to see some more from midrange though
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Outside of Randle the numbers are horrid.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Randle is going to be good

thats pretty much where the good news stops
  • mdot
    Options
    I like Randle pushing the ball and he's rebounding.

Russell just keep playing and ? up gotta learn on the fly. He will be better later on in the season.

• DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Byron scott is the worse damn coach man. He got outcoached by Sam Michell. His rotations are super suspect which i dont understand why Ryan Kelly gets more playin time than Hibbert. Its just pathetic to me.
  • luke1733
    edited November 2015
    Options
    "Bryant, who played miserably in a 103–93 loss to the Dallas Mavericks on Sunday night, finished the game by telling reporters, "I freaking suck right now."

Really,really hope Kobe ain't getting weak enough to let the media finally get at his confidence. Bad thing about the ego, it needs to have a reason to grow. If what you do doesn't give you enough ammunition to combat the BS, then the BS can start becoming your truth. Doesn't mean at all that the BS was true to begin with, just means the psychology of someone playing on your mind for sooooo many decades can subliminally or straight up start to make you believe it. ? up. Sports as well as life has A ton to do with confidence. Like a tree being chopped at.....never mind. Don't know where that came from Confuscius.
    On the other hand, dude might be straight and just being honest about his game. Hopefully, he'll find it again.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/11/2/9660098/kobe-bryant-more-like-kobe-cryant
  • mdot
    Options
    He will be okay just has to find his game and realize his limitations.

He's been coming off screens and flaring out to the perimeter I'd like to see him come off screens and make his way toward the middle of the floor for a midrange shot or drive it in.

I know he's hesitant to drive but he needs to get some shots closer to the basket.

Either that or he's gonna need to run the floor and try to score in transition a lot of his shots are being contested needs to work for some cleaner looks.
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Kobe will be fine. I got faith in that
    Faith in D Russell coming into his own

I HAVE ZERO FAITH in Byron Scott. What are we running.. i mean i cant look and see what people are running and tell you what it is but Dammit i can tell you they are running something..

• toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • luke1733
    Options
    Kobe is okay. I'm gonna wait 15 more games to judge him and I think the reporters should too. He's been gone basically for 3 years. You don't just hop in and get it all back.....I don't care who the hell you are or were; let alone at 37. Basically, the Kobe we're seeing now (if he doesn't get hurt again) I can guarantee 1000% is not going to be as good as the Kobe we'll see in February.

As for right now, today......it's clear he's trying to figure his game out. What scares me is I see his lateral movement on defense (for example against Gallinari tonight when he hurt his ankle in the 1st qtr) seems to put stress on his body in an injury related way. He's also just ? slow and shooting too many 3's.
  • mdot
    Options
    Randle looks like he will be our go to guy for the future he's a beast.

Idk if Byron will make it the defense is the biggest problem I just don't see the improvement at all.

• Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe needs to retire immediately. This is painful to watch
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Its aint over but it sure aitn lookin good.. he needs to self assess he needs to change his shot back..among other things.

Randle/Clarkson >>
  • Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its aint over but it sure aitn lookin good.. he needs to self assess he needs to change his shot back..among other things.

Randle/Clarkson >>

The bold needs to happen ASAP. He can still be a very effective player, just not the player he used to be.