Atheists/Agnostics

Options

Comments

• NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I take full responsibility for not posting more and allowing this thread to be derailed the way it has. My apologies.

@DoUwant2go2Heaven

Enough ? .

When an atheist hits you with scriptures and shuts you down, you need to stop. Shake the dust and keep it moving my ? .

10And he said to me, “Do not seal the words of the prophecy of this book, because the time is near. 11“He who does wrong, let him do more wrong; he who is filthy, let him be more filthy; he who is righteous, let him be more righteous; he who is set-apart, let him be more set-apart.

So the real issue is this self-righteous, arrogant, pride you're displaying disguised as righteousness. Like I said before, you doing way too much man. This is less about the Most High and more about you.

Look we're all human with several imperfections, insecurities and iniquities. We have feelings. We are emotional beings. So when we don't adhere to what someone's personal beliefs are, sometimes it's hard to not take that as personal rejection. You may feel rejected as a man because your beliefs are a part of you.

You're making a mockery of the Scriptures and the ways of the Most High. Is this what Yahshuah would do? This isn't even what white jesus would do. Check yourself. Sooner than later.

Your self-righteous piety leads people away from spiritual truths.

It's all about application. When people SEE what you LIVE , they may inquire, then you speak.

I'm sure you're familiar with the book of Proverbs. There are many verses that deal with the wisdom of shutting the ? up. It's time to apply some of that wisdom.

When you speak do you picture yourself as white jesus?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    1. Actually ? says that: I have spread out my hands all the day unto a rebellious people, which walketh in a way that was not good, after their own thoughts; A people that provoketh me to anger continually to my face; that sacrificeth in gardens, and burneth incense upon altars of brick; Which remain among the graves, and lodge in the monuments, which eat swine's flesh, and broth of abominable things is in their vessels; Which say, Stand by thyself, come not near to me; for I am holier than thou. These are a smoke in my nose, a fire that burneth all the day. Behold, it is written before me: I will not keep silence, but will recompense, even recompense into their ? .

So you telling me to keep silent, come not near me, because I am holier than thou is a direct fulfillment of the words above. Amen.

2. The ? I serve tells me to proclaim His word in season and out out of season, day after day, night after night, moment after moment! Yes, ? says rise up early and stay up late proclaiming the gospel message of Yeshua Ha Mashiach.

3. So I will not listen to the instructions of men, but to the commandments of ? !

4. I am not being rejected, nor have I been shut down. Rather ? is being rejected and the children of darkness are going back into their holes. So I have no hard feelings in regards to any type of rejection of the gospel message because such things are written to happen. Amen.

5.Thus ? has promised this to me and He has done it. Yes He has made my forehead like the hardest stone, harder than flint. Therefore He has charged me to not be afraid of you or terrified by them, though they are a rebellious people.

6. Moreover ? said to me, all the words that He shall speak to me I must receive in my heart, and hear with my ears.

7. So that in turn I will go and tell the world "Thus saith the Lord ? "; whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear that is on them! But the WORD WILL BE PREACHED!

I will not be detoured. I will not be coaxed to stop. And I will not shrink from the opposition. For Sanballat's, and Tobiah's, and Geshem's will always be around to "try" to hinder the work of ? and stop the building of His kingdom! And to that I rebuke you in the name of the LORD @NeighborhoodNomad. Yes, I rebuke you even in the name of the LORD!

Amen.
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The purpose of this thread is to have an open and honest discussion with our atheist/agnostic brothers and sisters about their concepts of ? (s) and spiritual matters. We are all at different stages in our journey with many perspectives and that must be respected. Every living thing has it's own unique perspective.

Can we collectively reason with one another? Can we build?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Praise ? . We are building my brother @NeighborhoodNomad.

And on the last day the foundation that we built upon will be tried and those who built on truth will be proved true while those who built upon lies will be found out.

Thus let us all come to a knowledge of the truth as we destroy all the foundations of lies. In Yeshua name I pray. Amen.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is an example of a Christian pushing people away from christianity. Act like a person to someone, how can they even begin to relate to what you are even talking to. You are taking the humanity out of the person.
  • And_So_It_Burns
    And_So_It_Burns Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow can't believe this thread is 19 pages in....I think we need to get back on track. I may be the most outspoken atheist/skeptic/anti-theist here I should have been popping in more frequently.
  • white sympathizer
    white sympathizer Members Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm still dumbfounded that in 2015, ? is STILL praying to some Kenny Loggins looking ? and waiting for him to descend from upon mount high and save them, it's quite ridiculous really.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm still dumbfounded that in 2015, ? is STILL praying to some Kenny Loggins looking ? and waiting for him to descend from upon mount high and save them, it's quite ridiculous really.

It's hilarious.....the same ? that didn't do ? during the Trans-Atlantic slave trade and when European terrorists were out committing atrocities for hundreds and hundreds of years, is now suddenly gonna come from the clouds and save mufuckas. It's beyond ridiculous and I don't know how anyone with a straight face can believe it.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options

It's hilarious.....the same ? that didn't do ? during the Trans-Atlantic slave trade and when European terrorists were out committing atrocities for hundreds and hundreds of years, is now suddenly gonna come from the clouds and save mufuckas. It's beyond ridiculous and I don't know how anyone with a straight face can believe it.

he does what he wants on his own timing and he's now really coming back to save EVERYBODY. STOP rushing ? his delay is to our benefit he's giving you a chance to save yourself right now.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

he does what he wants on his own timing and he's now really coming back to save EVERYBODY. STOP rushing ? his delay is to our benefit he's giving you a chance to save yourself right now.

LMAO......oh, he's REALLLLLLLY gonna come back now....? For real, for real?
  • zzombie
    edited December 2015
    Options

LMAO......oh, he's REALLLLLLLY gonna come back now....? For real, for real?

i don't know exactly when he is going to come back and i am not overly concerned about it you can mock all you want but IN THE END WE WILL WIN AND YOU WILL LOSE
  • zzombie
    Options
    YOU KNOW what @kingblaze84 if i make it to heaven and if it's possible i'll ask ? to turn down your suffering maybe even throw you some ice water from time to time if he lets me
  • kingblaze84
    edited December 2015
    Options
    YOU KNOW what @kingblaze84 if i make it to heaven and if it's possible i'll ask ? to turn down your suffering maybe even throw you some ice water from time to time if he lets me

LOL, you're gonna be in for a world of shock when you discover how wrong you've been all this time. If there is an afterlife, I'm sure I'll be having a good time. Hopefully as fun as my life is now. My homegirl is a psychic and she predicted my afterlife will be good, I believe her for some reason.
  • And_So_It_Burns
    Options

We have two possible scenarios here, either this ? is real, he takes sides in wars, allows unspeakable crimes against humanity to occur and turns a blind eye to them, created humans with sin and upon threat of eternal torture in hell commands them to believe in his existence based on no evidence at all

or

No ? exists, humans commit crimes against one another, because they're fallible humans. Disease, suffering and poverty exists because of divisive human made constructs and lack of access to utilities, not sin. Hundreds of millions of parents praying for an escape from their torment doesn't get answered because ? is not real. Jesus hasn't come back because he isn't real, at least in the supernatural biblical sense.

As an atheist, I say the second one is more likely.
  • zzombie
    Options

We have two possible scenarios here, either this ? is real, he takes sides in wars, allows unspeakable crimes against humanity to occur and turns a blind eye to them, created humans with sin and upon threat of eternal torture in hell commands them to believe in his existence based on no evidence at all

or

No ? exists, humans commit crimes against one another, because they're fallible humans. Disease, suffering and poverty exists because of divisive human made constructs and lack of access to utilities, not sin. Hundreds of millions of parents praying for an escape from their torment doesn't get answered because ? is not real. Jesus hasn't come back because he isn't real, at least in the supernatural biblical sense.

As an atheist, I say the second one is more likely.

You are entitled to your opinion but you mischaracterized ? in your first paragraph so your opinion is based on ignorance
  • zzombie
    Options
    What it always comes down to with atheist is that they want ? the sovereign master of reality to do what they want him to do.

But it doesn't work like that people want pain to go away but ? doesn't necessarily want the pain and suffering to go away how and when we want it to.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    I make it disappear! =)
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What it always comes down to with atheist is that they want ? the sovereign master of reality to do what they want him to do.

But it doesn't work like that people want pain to go away but ? doesn't necessarily want the pain and suffering to go away how and when we want it to.

Wrong. What most atheists understand is that pain and suffering exist as a result of avoidable and unavoidable circumstances. Once you introduce a sovereign master of reality, everything become subject into that being's every whim.

In a world where you have supreme authority over all things, to subject someone to pain for the mere purpose of thanking you for taking the pain away is not empathetic or compassionate. It is morbid and horrifyingly apathy.

And if there's anyone who basis there religious beliefs on what a ? would I would not do, it's the people who believe in a deity. Those are the people who appropriate the concepts of omnipresence, omnipotence, and eternal rewards and consequences to their advantage to get everyone else to live the way that they want them to live.

An atheist says, "? this, I'll live my life based on what I know to be real and what I know to be right. Not what desert dwellers from a couple thousand years ago, or corrupt and perverted Church goers made up."
  • zzombie
    edited December 2015
    Options

Wrong. What most atheists understand is that pain and suffering exist as a result of avoidable and unavoidable circumstances. Once you introduce a sovereign master of reality, everything become subject into that being's every whim.

In a world where you have supreme authority over all things, to subject someone to pain for the mere purpose of thanking you for taking the pain away is not empathetic or compassionate. It is morbid and horrifyingly apathy.

And if there's anyone who basis there religious beliefs on what a ? would I would not do, it's the people who believe in a deity. Those are the people who appropriate the concepts of omnipresence, omnipotence, and eternal rewards and consequences to their advantage to get everyone else to live the way that they want them to live.

An atheist says, "? this, I'll live my life based on what I know to be real and what I know to be right. Not what desert dwellers from a couple thousand years ago, or corrupt and perverted Church goers made up."

that's not what the bible teaches it's what you atheist imagine it teaches the atheist war on religion ( which is really a war of the ? of abraham) is run on the of gross ignorance of the actually doctrines of the christian religion.

you atheist are free to live your life as you choose believe whatever you want but when you mischaracterize the tenets and beliefs of a persons religion you need to under stand that the result will often be some kind of conflict.
  • zzombie
    Options
    ? is ultimate master but he does not micro manage
  • And_So_It_Burns
    Options

that's not what the bible teaches it's what you atheist imagine it teaches the atheist war on religion ( which is really a war of the ? of abraham) is run on the of gross ignorance of the actually doctrines of the christian religion.

you atheist are free to live your life as you choose believe whatever you want but when you mischaracterize the tenets and beliefs of a persons religion you need to under stand that the result will often be some kind of conflict.

There is no "War on Religion" not sure what this persecution complex is all about. Non-religious are just getting tired of the proselytization, garbage science like creationism gaining traction and theocratic encroachment on our secular rights.

I don't see any mischaracterization anywhere.
  • zzombie
    Options

There is no "War on Religion" not sure what this persecution complex is all about. Non-religious are just getting tired of the proselytization, garbage science like creationism gaining traction and theocratic encroachment on our secular rights.

There is definitely a war on religion especially Christianity. And all you have to do is watch south park or attend any liberal college on the east coast watch this war in effect.

Your entire post was slanderous against the ? the bible presents. ? doesn't allow pain to exist for the mere purpose of thanking him
  • And_So_It_Burns
    Options

There is definitely a war on religion especially Christianity. And all you have to do is watch south park or attend any liberal college on the east coast watch this war in effect.

Your entire post was slanderous against the ? the bible presents. ? doesn't allow pain to exist for the mere purpose of thanking him

Bruh, you can't be serious right now. You consider a little ridicule from a show like "South Park" to be a war on Christians? They made fun of atheists too. Intellectuals criticizing your faith s is not at all a "war" You can't at all be this hypersensitive and is it not said in the bible that followers of your faith should expect ridicule from non-believers? Why discourage open criticism? It's the pillar of free speech and democracy.

The ? of the bible is sadistic. Plain and simple.
  • zzombie
    Options

Bruh, you can't be serious right now. You consider a little ridicule from a show like "South Park" to be a war on Christians? They made fun of atheists too. Intellectuals criticizing your faith s is not at all a "war" You can't at all be this hypersensitive and is it not said in the bible that followers of your faith should expect ridicule from non-believers? Why discourage open criticism? It's the pillar of free speech and democracy.

The ? of the bible is sadistic. Plain and simple.

one little ridicule ???? lolol you have to be either joking or oblivious to the disrespect and disregard the media and current establishment show to christians. I just used south park as an example because it's one of the most blatant ones.

It's not just that these so called intellectuals in schools criticizes faith it's that they out right teach against it and disrespect christian students. This is not true for all schools or professors but it is true for a lot.

when you call my ? sadistic what kind of positive conversation do you really expect to get????? ? is far from sadistic if anything he's masochistic because he loves creatures that continually keep doing things that hurt him.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    The first Atheists were the greek philosophers that are known in history.