Atheists/Agnostics

Options

Comments

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    If I am to walk like Christ, I am to walk like ? .

Have you confessed Yeshua as LORD and Savior and do you believe in your heart that He rose from the dead my friend?

This is either yes or no my friend.

The ? dude said to walk like Christ. He is a hebrew israelite that recognize Yahshua as the Messiah and the word. Use your mind and quit being a damn robot.

This is true. Appreciate it ? . @Ajackson17

@imgoingtoheavenru?

You doing too much right now bruh.

First you come in here calling people arrogant and seemingly willfully taking people out of context. Then you proceed to tell me about myself, that I have denied Yahshua, and tell me I'm "outside of the faith". Then conclude it with a question that you already determined to be true about me? Either you know, and you don't need to ask, or you're speaking presumptuously out of arrogance.

Just like zombie was saying, even your name is some presumptive arrogance. Your whole delivery is off. This is the type of character that leads people away from spiritual truths.

Everyone in this thread is at a different place in there spiritual/life journey, whatever the belief. Wherever they are in their journey is not for you to commend or condemn. We all seek truth. Where they are in their journey is between them and their Creator.

1. Therefore knowing the terror of the LORD I persuade men. The time is too short to be straddling the fence. If you don't like my delivery boo-hoo. I will declare truth. Amen.

2. Now if I stepped on your toes, good. I don't apologize for declaring Christ Jesus, nor do I apologize for claiming my heritage which is stored up for me in the heavens.

3. By His grace and by The blood of Yeshua I am going to heaven, If you aren't, i'm here to declare truth so that you might consider your ways and repent. Amen.

4. If you serve Yeshua Ha Mashach, declare it! Stop being ashamed! Stop denying His name! Stop beating around the bush! You are either for Yeshua or against Him. There are no cowards in the kingdom of ? . Amen.

5. The only thing I apologize for is doing to little for my LORD and Savior! Oh the amount of time I have wasted on vanity and frivolous things. Forgive me LORD. Amen.

6. I will boast in the LORD, yes I will magnify Yeshua Ha Mashiach! His praise and word shall continually be in my mouth. No I don't apologize for being for Christ! Absolutely not! And I rebuke even the thought in His name, Yeshua! Amen.

7. And I will continue to declare His gospel message! If you don't like it oh well. One thing is for sure and that is you can never go into His presence and tell Him that you have no idea who Hs is and what He did for you! Amen.

Brother, there is just a way of doing things.

I assume that we both agree that organic food is nourishing and healthy to the physical body. But if I take that piece of fruit and throw it at you, I can't say that I was just trying to help. That fruit will not serve its intended purpose which is nourishment. You're uprooting the wheat with the weeds, and no one is nourished.

You didn't step on my toes but you came in here hella combative. I live/apply my beliefs. My beliefs have nothing to do with the topic of this thread though. But you already told me what I believe, so why ask? Now if you would like to build then let's build.

Now I do believe that Yahshua is/was the anointed, but not ? .

Your point has been made several times. Thank you.

How shall you believe unless someone tells you the truth?

Believe and truth shouldn't be in the same sentence. You either know or don't know, you can either prove with a sound methodology or you are basically dysfunctional.
  • imgoingtoheavenru?
    imgoingtoheavenru? Members Posts: 291 ✭✭
    Options
    What's is the mathematics and breakdown of a soil and can you measure it? What is sin from a scientific perspective? It you can't measure then you can't prove. It's just a hypothesis at the lowest level.

It doesn't get more "scientific" than this my friend:

20070602091207_graveyard.jpg

How will you deal with it?
  • imgoingtoheavenru?
    Options

Have you confessed Yeshua as LORD and Savior and do you believe in your heart that He rose from the dead my friend?

The ? dude said to walk like Christ. He is a hebrew israelite that recognize Yahshua as the Messiah and the word. Use your mind and quit being a damn robot.

@imgoingtoheavenru?

First you come in here calling people arrogant and seemingly willfully taking people out of context. Then you proceed to tell me about myself, that I have denied Yahshua, and tell me I'm "outside of the faith". Then conclude it with a question that you already determined to be true about me? Either you know, and you don't need to ask, or you're speaking presumptuously out of arrogance.

Just like zombie was saying, even your name is some presumptive arrogance. Your whole delivery is off. This is the type of character that leads people away from spiritual truths.

Everyone in this thread is at a different place in there spiritual/life journey, whatever the belief. Wherever they are in their journey is not for you to commend or condemn. We all seek truth. Where they are in their journey is between them and their Creator.

1. Therefore knowing the terror of the LORD I persuade men. The time is too short to be straddling the fence. If you don't like my delivery boo-hoo. I will declare truth. Amen.

2. Now if I stepped on your toes, good. I don't apologize for declaring Christ Jesus, nor do I apologize for claiming my heritage which is stored up for me in the heavens.

3. By His grace and by The blood of Yeshua I am going to heaven, If you aren't, i'm here to declare truth so that you might consider your ways and repent. Amen.

4. If you serve Yeshua Ha Mashach, declare it! Stop being ashamed! Stop denying His name! Stop beating around the bush! You are either for Yeshua or against Him. There are no cowards in the kingdom of ? . Amen.

5. The only thing I apologize for is doing to little for my LORD and Savior! Oh the amount of time I have wasted on vanity and frivolous things. Forgive me LORD. Amen.

6. I will boast in the LORD, yes I will magnify Yeshua Ha Mashiach! His praise and word shall continually be in my mouth. No I don't apologize for being for Christ! Absolutely not! And I rebuke even the thought in His name, Yeshua! Amen.

7. And I will continue to declare His gospel message! If you don't like it oh well. One thing is for sure and that is you can never go into His presence and tell Him that you have no idea who Hs is and what He did for you! Amen.

I assume that we both agree that organic food is nourishing and healthy to the physical body. But if I take that piece of fruit and throw it at you, I can't say that I was just trying to help. That fruit will not serve its intended purpose which is nourishment. You're uprooting the wheat with the weeds, and no one is nourished.

You didn't step on my toes but you came in here hella combative. I live/apply my beliefs. My beliefs have nothing to do with the topic of this thread though. But you already told me what I believe, so why ask? Now if you would like to build then let's build.

Believe and truth shouldn't be in the same sentence. You either know or don't know, you can either prove with a sound methodology or you are basically dysfunctional.

If you believe you know the truth and the truth will set you free. Amen.

Do you believe?
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    What's is the mathematics and breakdown of a soil and can you measure it? What is sin from a scientific perspective? It you can't measure then you can't prove. It's just a hypothesis at the lowest level.

That dead bio organisms stop living and replenish the earth? Oh wow, like this never happened before. Still doesn't prove your case, it's the circle of life.

@imgoingtoheavenru?

Do you believe?
    belief (n.) Look up belief at Dictionary.com
    late 12c., bileave, replacing Old English geleafa "belief, faith," from West Germanic *ga-laubon "to hold dear, esteem, trust" (cognates: Old Saxon gilobo, Middle Dutch gelove, Old High German giloubo, German Glaube), from *galaub- "dear, esteemed," from intensive prefix *ga- + *leubh- "to care, desire, like, love" (see love (v.)). The prefix was altered on analogy of the verb believe. The distinction of the final consonant from that of believe developed 15c.
    "The be-, which is not a natural prefix of nouns, was prefixed on the analogy of the vb. (where it is naturally an intensive) .... [OED]
    Belief used to mean "trust in ? ," while faith meant "loyalty to a person based on promise or duty" (a sense preserved in keep one's faith, in good (or bad) faith and in common usage of faithful, faithless, which contain no notion of divinity). But faith, as cognate of Latin fides, took on the religious sense beginning in 14c. translations, and belief had by 16c. become limited to "mental acceptance of something as true," from the religious use in the sense of "things held to be true as a matter of religious doctrine" (a sense attested from early 13c.).

In essence your viewpoint hell no and it's not the truth.
  • MzKB
    MzKB Members Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's good IC,

This thread is for my atheist/agnostic brothers and sisters out here.

Atheists/agnostics, list the reasons you don't believe in a Higher Power/? /Creator/Most High or whatever title you choose (or don't choose). Especially dealing with biblical doctrine.

Also What is your concept or idea of (a) ? (s)?

I believe in a higher power but not the Abrahamic ? . I use the terms ? , Jah, Higher Power, etc. for namesake. I know that there is something that created the world we live in. I do not believe that there is one ? because people have different beliefs/customs/rituals which define/govern their lives. Who am I to say that they are wrong because they don't have the same belief system as me.

I have chosen to take a more spiritual/self examination approach to life. Religion (by definition a set of beliefs that is held by a group of people) has broken the seam of intellectual thinking. I have had several experiences over my lifetime that have shaped the way that I feel and think about religion.

One of the major issues for me with religion is that there are too many questions that cannot be answered to my liking. And yes I said my liking because in order for me to fully accept something I must have a complete understanding or at least a concrete understanding of what I am getting myself into.

• MissK
    MissK Members Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MzKB wrote: »
    What's good IC,

Atheists/agnostics, list the reasons you don't believe in a Higher Power/? /Creator/Most High or whatever title you choose (or don't choose). Especially dealing with biblical doctrine.

I believe in a higher power but not the Abrahamic ? . I use the terms ? , Jah, Higher Power, etc. for namesake. I know that there is something that created the world we live in. I do not believe that there is one ? because people have different beliefs/customs/rituals which define/govern their lives. Who am I to say that they are wrong because they don't have the same belief system as me.

I have chosen to take a more spiritual/self examination approach to life. Religion (by definition a set of beliefs that is held by a group of people) has broken the seam of intellectual thinking. I have had several experiences over my lifetime that have shaped the way that I feel and think about religion.

One of the major issues for me with religion is that there are too many questions that cannot be answered to my liking. And yes I said my liking because in order for me to fully accept something I must have a complete understanding or at least a concrete understanding of what I am getting myself into.

Especially the bolded. (although to my liking.. well maybe just answers in general) And whenever I have questioned a member of a church or relatives etc, the answer is always that you must have faith and if you don't have faith then you don't believe. I find it interesting that many I have talked to want me to accept all of this on faith when I don't accept many areas of my life on just blind faith.
    It feels like sometimes we humans are taught to question everything but religion.

*I will say that I have just found this thread and still reading through the answers, glad to see a good discussion on this topic so far*
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    We are to question everything because to know anything there must be a question that is tested, reviewed, tested, tweaked and etc to get to the heart of the answer.
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's good IC,

How can I apply what I don't understand? We aren't supposed to blindly follow anything.
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options

@imgoingtoheavenru?

Through application/demonstration

The simple believe every word, but the clever one watches his step. Prov. 14:15
  • imgoingtoheavenru?
    Options

That dead bio organisms stop living and replenish the earth? Oh wow, like this never happened before. Still doesn't prove your case, it's the circle of life.

@imgoingtoheavenru?

Do you believe?
    late 12c., bileave, replacing Old English geleafa "belief, faith," from West Germanic *ga-laubon "to hold dear, esteem, trust" (cognates: Old Saxon gilobo, Middle Dutch gelove, Old High German giloubo, German Glaube), from *galaub- "dear, esteemed," from intensive prefix *ga- + *leubh- "to care, desire, like, love" (see love (v.)). The prefix was altered on analogy of the verb believe. The distinction of the final consonant from that of believe developed 15c.
    "The be-, which is not a natural prefix of nouns, was prefixed on the analogy of the vb. (where it is naturally an intensive) .... [OED]
    Belief used to mean "trust in ? ," while faith meant "loyalty to a person based on promise or duty" (a sense preserved in keep one's faith, in good (or bad) faith and in common usage of faithful, faithless, which contain no notion of divinity). But faith, as cognate of Latin fides, took on the religious sense beginning in 14c. translations, and belief had by 16c. become limited to "mental acceptance of something as true," from the religious use in the sense of "things held to be true as a matter of religious doctrine" (a sense attested from early 13c.).

Death came by sin my friend. That is why you can't escape the judgment to come apart from the new birth. How is that so you may wonder? Well because ? holds all the cards and we already folded before our eyes first saw the sun. Thus we need a savior!

Death is not natural my friend. It's not the circle of life. It's the circle of death. The only way to break its sting (which has already been broken by the way) is if you repent and believe the gospel message of Yeshua Ha Mashiach!

Will you believe in Him today my friend?
  • imgoingtoheavenru?
    Options
    We are to question everything because to know anything there must be a question that is tested, reviewed, tested, tweaked and etc to get to the heart of the answer.

How have you questioned your sin?
  • imgoingtoheavenru?
    Options

@imgoingtoheavenru?

Through application/demonstration

The simple believe every word, but the clever one watches his step. Prov. 14:15

Everything has been demonstrated for us already! Hallelujah! Yes, ? demonstrated His love toward us in that while we were yet still sinners, MESSIAH died for us!

The demonstration of Gods love toward sinful humanity is Yeshua Ha Mashiach!

All who have been bought with the price of His precious blood have applied their conscience/mind/will to this, that ? is true!

Therefore our steps are watched, have been found wanting, and thus have been made straight by the path that leads into eternal life, which is Christ Jesus our LORD! In His presence is fullness of joy, at His right hand are pleasures forevermore!

But do you desire the higher calling? That is the question!
  • Ajackson17
    Options

@imgoingtoheavenru?

Do you believe?

Death came by sin my friend. That is why you can't escape the judgment to come apart from the new birth. How is that so you may wonder? Well because ? holds all the cards and we already folded before our eyes first saw the sun. Thus we need a savior!

Death is not natural my friend. It's not the circle of life. It's the circle of death. The only way to break its sting (which has already been broken by the way) is if you repent and believe the gospel message of Yeshua Ha Mashiach!

Will you believe in Him today my friend?

Cool lies bro
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    MissK wrote: »
    What's good IC,

Especially the bolded. (although to my liking.. well maybe just answers in general) And whenever I have questioned a member of a church or relatives etc, the answer is always that you must have faith and if you don't have faith then you don't believe. I find it interesting that many I have talked to want me to accept all of this on faith when I don't accept many areas of my life on just blind faith.
    It feels like sometimes we humans are taught to question everything but religion.

*I will say that I have just found this thread and still reading through the answers, glad to see a good discussion on this topic so far*

Pretty much how I feel, if the answers don't satisfy me, there's no point in me believing in it or taking it seriously.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you understand the answers and don't like them then that's just your pride/arrogance.

If you don't understand the concepts and how they work together then that is something totally different.
  • zzombie
    Options
    What's good IC,

What you are looking for cannot be simply found by asking another human being. Ask ? , even if you don't believe in him keep asking. He heard you and will answer. But to develop the senses to hear,see,feel and understand his answers takes time study and focus. Unless you are specially chosen you are not going to wake up tomorrow and be moses

Siblings can communicate with each other without talking. I can't do the same thing so easily with you because I don't know you
  • MissK
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    What's good IC,

What you are looking for cannot be simply found by asking another human being. Ask ? , even if you don't believe in him keep asking. He heard you and will answer. But to develop the senses to hear,see,feel and understand his answers takes time study and focus. Unless you are specially chosen you are not going to wake up tomorrow and be moses

Siblings can communicate with each other without talking. I can't do the same thing so easily with you because I don't know you

You might be assuming that I haven't but I have and not just once. I prayed all the time for guidance, knowledge, answers. My personal battle is too much to type here and well.. too personal but my journey has been long and continues. I have attended private schools, taken higher education religious based classes, was brought up very exposed to my family's religious beliefs, done women's bible study groups, etc. so I don't come to my conclusions without some knowledge (not to say I am as informed as others). I am not an atheist and I can't say that at some point my views won't change but for now and from what I have learned I can not say that I am a believer. The response that you gave is very typical of what I hear from others. It answers nothing. (for me)

Regardless of my personal beliefs I think faith is a beautiful thing for those that have it and find comfort in it. It got my mother through her battle with cancer even though she did not win.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MZBK AND MISSK

AS A CHRISTIAN, I FULLY UNDERSTAND WHERE YOU COME FROM WITH THE WHOLE "FAITH" CONCEPT AND NO, YOU SHOULDNT BLINDLY FOLLOW ANYONE OR ANYTHING..

FAITH HIS THE BASIS OF BEING A CHRISTIAN.. ? WANTS YOU TO TRUST IN HIM THAT HE HAS THE BEST INTEREST FOR YOU, NOT A "WELL LET ME SEE IF YOU GONE DO THIS 1ST AND THEN I'LL"....

ALL I CAN SAY TO YOU IS TO TRY CHRIST FOR YOURSELF.. NOT BASED ON WHAT ANYONE ELSE SAYS ABOUT HIM OR WHAT HE HAS DONE FOR THEM.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    also just found this thread

will contribute a lil later
  • MissK
    Options
    MARIO_DRO wrote: »
    MZBK AND MISSK

AS A CHRISTIAN, I FULLY UNDERSTAND WHERE YOU COME FROM WITH THE WHOLE "FAITH" CONCEPT AND NO, YOU SHOULDNT BLINDLY FOLLOW ANYONE OR ANYTHING..

FAITH HIS THE BASIS OF BEING A CHRISTIAN.. ? WANTS YOU TO TRUST IN HIM THAT HE HAS THE BEST INTEREST FOR YOU, NOT A "WELL LET ME SEE IF YOU GONE DO THIS 1ST AND THEN I'LL"....

ALL I CAN SAY TO YOU IS TO TRY CHRIST FOR YOURSELF.. NOT BASED ON WHAT ANYONE ELSE SAYS ABOUT HIM OR WHAT HE HAS DONE FOR THEM.

Thank you and I get what you are saying but aren't your statements contradicting?
  • zzombie
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    What's good IC,

You might be assuming that I haven't but I have and not just once. I prayed all the time for guidance, knowledge, answers. My personal battle is too much to type here and well.. too personal but my journey has been long and continues. I have attended private schools, taken higher education religious based classes, was brought up very exposed to my family's religious beliefs, done women's bible study groups, etc. so I don't come to my conclusions without some knowledge (not to say I am as informed as others). I am not an atheist and I can't say that at some point my views won't change but for now and from what I have learned I can not say that I am a believer. The response that you gave is very typical of what I hear from others. It answers nothing. (for me)

Regardless of my personal beliefs I think faith is a beautiful thing for those that have it and find comfort in it. It got my mother through her battle with cancer even though she did not win.

Cool i understand if you don't mind me asking what exactly do you want answered
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LordZuko wrote: »
    Atheism and Agnosticism aren't the same thing.

A-theism is the philosophical denial of any deity in the known universe.

Gnosticism is simply the questioning of traditional or orthodox beliefs about ? .

Now there's a difference between eastern religions like buddhism, hinduism, shintoism, and other smaller religions and then abrahamic religions like islam, christianity, and judaism.
    primary difference is that eastern religions are more fluid and more tolerant of divergent unorthodox beliefs. There is no one way to salvation, and if you not really ? with a particular pantheon then find one you do ? with. Eastern religions tend to be a search for truth.
    Abrahamic religions are the opposite, they are rigid, intolerant, and the path to salvation is clearly outlined, if you step ouside that path there are consequences. Abrahamic religions aren't concerned with truth so much as obedience to doctrine. Questioning doctrine is itself an act of treason. Searching for knowledge or truth outside of what is given as doctrine is heresy. Abrahamic religions tend to be closed off, inflexible, and need practitioner to be stupid, gullible and fearful. Because Abrahamic religions are so rigid they cannot coexist with any competing religious beliefs, which is why all nonbelievers are treated with contempt, persecuted, and treated as enemies.

because Abrahamic religions are so inflexible and hostile it lends itself to out right criticism and mockery as time goes on. The only way Abrahamic religions can qash criticism is through violent suppression. here in the west that is a no go, but in the Middle East and Africa, heads get chopped, ? get stoned and kicked out of houses.
    So when atheists and agnostics go in on religion, they focus on these religions because Christianity and Judaism and Islam be doin the most.

Now an intellectual, or fact based denial of these particular religious doctrines is rather easy. Because Abrahamic religions insist on their stories taking place in actual history (literal) then all you have to do is show how dates don't match up contradict. You can also go in on actual recorded history that talks about the creation of certain figures like jesus, and how stories from the bible re plagiarized from other mythologies. We can talk about the lack of evidence for a people kept in Egypt as slaves or even being there for 400 years, or we could talk about how here is a lack of evidence for a physical place known as israel or judah.

But honestly, we've beaten that particular argument into the ground. At this point it's a matter of belief, and belief is based on emotions not intellect People are emotionally invested into their particular religion and are going to reason their way and perform all types of mental gymnastics to argue why their beliefs are true and their ? is literal and real.

Even atheism is a belief based on emotion. People are invested in proving that ? isn't rel and that the material universe is all that exists or matter. Consequently, atheists will ignore or rationalize evidence that contradicts their beliefs.

A very good post, I enjoyed this thoroughly. All excellent points
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LordZuko wrote: »
    Before we can question whether or not a ? or gods or any similar entity exists, we have to first question our concept of ? .

Then we have to question whether or not we possess the perception or tools to perceive a ? .

The limitations of our accepted tools of knowledge is for a 3d material universe.

A very very real and true thought. How many dimensions are there and how many go beyond our comprehension
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of the things I find interesting about ? is that even if it is just an imagination imagined by the mind, why do we desire to imagine an ultra great being that we try to be more like?
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    One of the things I find interesting about ? is that even if it is just an imagination imagined by the mind, why do we desire to imagine an ultra great being that we try to be more like?

What I gather the most high is the most highest quality to become not a level. In some african tribal practices you can't be a ? unless you did something revolutionary or a dead ancestor so when your back in the essence of nature you are in your purest form and can be the greatest assistance.