USA: Do you see a future where most of our black women wear their hair naturally?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Latinas wear weave a lot"

NOOOOOU FUCKN ? I CAN PULL THRERE HAIR WHEN IM FUCKN EM
  • jaymafia
    jaymafia Members Posts: 40 ✭✭
    Options
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, it will happen eventually.
    It's happened before... don't see why it can't happen again...
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sure, the natural hair movement has been steadily growing.

And personally, natural women look better than the female versions of a 60s doo-? album cover.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No, will never happen.
    Nah....not unless some R&B chick or reality show hoe tells them to do it.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Khaleesi wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    Most natural girls date whites so idc if a chick rocks weaves as long as it looks good and she doesn't have self hate issues

@khalessi your husband is white so you prove my point

To black people he looks white.
    To white people he is just a ? Mexican.

Only the black opinion matters
  • zzombie
    Options
    Wuwop wrote: »
    The maintenance ain't that dam tideous....

Just say your lazy or prefer a certain style or type of hair

If you working fulltime...

Have children to care for...

A house to maintain ....

Or school ...

It can be...

Only if you are ? lazy all the women in my life have natural hair and they don't complain
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh. It's not that hard to wash, condition and pic your hair out. Seven years clean from the creamy ? I have under my belt now and I now have more hair than I had in the first 25 years of my life. We do it to ourselves, nobody else cares.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Females want men to maintain order among the children, maintain the house & car when something breaks, maintain the financial stability of both he, her and any children....

BUT CANT MAINTAIN THE ? HAIR ONT HEIR GOTDAMN SCALP...

I dont want to hear any excuses about hair period. Figure it out ? . No reason to walk around lookin like a ? cottonball all the damn time.
  • BrazilianHairMoney
    BrazilianHairMoney Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    HafBayked wrote: »
    i see naturals here and there but the weave still runneth rampant around here

not just the ratchet chicks either.....im downtown all day....these broads gettin money and got hair but still buy "them bundles" just cuz they can

I keep telling males its convenience.. Cross dress like a woman for a month let your hair grow and let's see if you feel like doing your hair all the time.

My hair is natural, I wear it out sometimes
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Chicity wrote: »
    I clicked the link, and saw exactly what I expected: mostly black women with "natural" hair that is not really natural to black, unmixed women of West African descent.

Women with hair like this:

tumblr_lze9dxHXzq1qeb6upo1_500.jpg

23ixjxx.jpg

1291416221912.jpg

That's why I say y'all are ? brainwashed.
    6ZPH4Qi.jpg

Dudes say that they want black women to wear their hair "natural," but most of the examples of "natural" hair that they post aren't of black women's natural hair. It's of mixed women's natural hair.

I predict that as "black" people get more mixed over time, more people will come out in favor of "black" women wearing their hair "natural." And yes, there is a great irony in that. People's embrace of "black" women's natural blackness will be made possible by the infusion over time of non-blackness.

Now close thread/
  • zzombie
    Options
    I clicked the link, and saw exactly what I expected: mostly black women with "natural" hair that is not really natural to black, unmixed women of West African descent.

23ixjxx.jpg

1291416221912.jpg

6ZPH4Qi.jpg

Dudes say that they want black women to wear their hair "natural," but most of the examples of "natural" hair that they post aren't of black women's natural hair. It's of mixed women's natural hair.

I predict that as "black" people get more mixed over time, more people will come out in favor of "black" women wearing their hair "natural." And yes, there is a great irony in that. People's embrace of "black" women's natural blackness will be made possible by the infusion over time of non-blackness.

Now close thread/

Oh shut the ? up ? . Black women have more than one hair texture and I mean the unmistakable African looking ones
  • zzombie
    Options
    There's a disturbing notion among black people that true totally unmixed blacks have hair the texture of a steel wool. Nostrils that touch their ear lobes and lips the size of truck tires.

Anyone holding to that narrow view of black/African people is not only ignorant they are ? stupid. And if they also happen to be black are by default ? ?
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

23ixjxx.jpg

1291416221912.jpg

6ZPH4Qi.jpg

Now close thread/

Oh shut the ? up ? . Black women have more than one hair texture and I mean the unmistakable African looking ones

Not ones of pure West African descent. Those of pure West African descent have one type of hair texture. To the extent that there is diversity of the kind of hair textures that black women of West African descent have, it is because of racial admixture. And embracing one's natural hair loses its significance the more non-black admixture a woman has. If a black woman of pure West African descent embraces her natural hair, that means more than if a half-black woman does the same thing.

Again, /thread.

• zzombie
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

23ixjxx.jpg

1291416221912.jpg

6ZPH4Qi.jpg

Now close thread/

Not ones of pure West African descent. Those of pure West African descent have one type of hair texture. To the extent that there is diversity of the kind of hair textures that black women of West African descent have, it is because of racial admixture. And embracing one's natural hair loses its significance the more non-black admixture a woman has. If a black woman of pure West African descent embraces her natural hair, that means more than if a half-black woman does the same thing.

Again, /thread.

I've been to west Africa and you are wrong now shut up ? .
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

23ixjxx.jpg

1291416221912.jpg

6ZPH4Qi.jpg

Now close thread/

Unfortunately, you have a really good point here.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    28950d1356736367-there-such-thing-4c-4d-hair-cimg0011.jpg

This is what ya'll fearing? It looks good to me.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is Queen Tiye and she looks like she had 4C or 4D hair.

9e1b89b7784302f04bf1342f6ac5bf74.jpg

Are any too good for the hair type of what the first queens grew?
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No. I'm guessing technology/advancements will make it even easier for Black women to stray away from their natural. Honestly don't care either.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Girls with dreads>>>>
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? is all about insecurity. On both sides of the argument. Blacks need to get an understanding of their identity so something as petty as hair styles doesn't divide us.

And what the ? is a 4C, 4D?
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    28950d1356736367-there-such-thing-4c-4d-hair-cimg0011.jpg

This is what ya'll fearing? It looks good to me.

I Think She Got Some Tig Ol Biddies Too