SC pig flips over & then slams a young black girl in class for being "verbally disruptive"...

Options

Comments

• a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But the officer initiated the physical conflict.....not the kid

I'm not sure why this that is being dismissed,other than because it was a black kid that was involved
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Sounds like the blame should fall more on the teacher than the cop since he deemed her removal from class necessary.

Nah the cop did the unnecessary body slamming so he gets the most blame
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »

I'm not sure why this that is being dismissed,other than because it was a black kid that was involved

I just explained that. The officer was authorized to take her down in that situation regardless of whether she was getting physical or not. Basically you can't just refuse to leave the class. If you do, the police can ? you out by force.

And there are cops in the schools down there because of attacks on teachers by students. So now they have cops assigned to each school to avoid that kind of thing.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Mafuckas swear cops are the solution to every ? thing...
    Smh

Well if there is a string of violent incidents between students and teachers, that is a valid instance where the cops should step it. It's just unfortunate the cops suck at their jobs these days.
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh

Well if there is a string of violent incidents between students and teachers, that is a valid instance where the cops should step it. It's just unfortunate the cops suck at their jobs these days.

Cops have never been the crime fighters ppl believe them to be.
    Never.
    Violence in schools is a family/community issue.
    First we need to ask what the ? is going on in these kids lives that they think can come to school and fight adults.
    The problem is that few ppl want to actually solve problems. They want an easy fix.

It bottles my mind (and the minds of my fellow policing scholars) why ppl think that police are equipped to handle so many social problems.
    U can't intimidate or arrest your way out of things.
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Police shouldn't b in schools

Not sure I can fully agree with that, especially with all these crazy ass crackas and Asians going nuts killing people.

I don't agree with the cops actions but I'm not naive enough to not hold the child accountable for her actions as well. This case is going to set off either great chainof events or a ? storm of unruly kids wilding the ? out whenever they want to.

Yes...i see teenagers sitting in, in the near future. Smh
  • Brother_Five
    Options

Not sure I can fully agree with that, especially with all these crazy ass crackas and Asians going nuts killing people.

I don't agree with the cops actions but I'm not naive enough to not hold the child accountable for her actions as well. This case is going to set off either great chainof events or a ? storm of unruly kids wilding the ? out whenever they want to.

cops are reactive, they shoot ? after they already shot mad ? .
    Policing is a racket. It's a con.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Smh

Cops have never been the crime fighters ppl believe them to be.
    Never.
    Violence in schools is a family/community issue.
    First we need to ask what the ? is going on in these kids lives that they think can come to school and fight adults.
    The problem is that few ppl want to actually solve problems. They want an easy fix.

It bottles my mind (and the minds of my fellow policing scholars) why ppl think that police are equipped to handle so many social problems.
    U can't intimidate or arrest your way out of things.

You're talking about police like they are the same everywhere. It's not that simple. In smaller areas, the relationship between the community and the police are usually a little difference because 1) the police tend to actually come for the community they are policing and 2) the police are more likely to have personal relationships with the community. It was like that in the southeast columbia when they started implementing this system with the police. ? has changed a lot down there though, and now it's more like bigger cities. Then you add to that the fact that there was a gang problem that basically led to cops thinking they had carte blanche to treat every black kid like a banger and you start to understand the transition.

I agree people shouldn't be so quick to call the cops, but that is the standard operating procedure at schools these days and violence is what predicated that becoming the norm.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If a father did that to his daughter for ignoring him (or any reason really), it would be considered child abuse.

giphy.gif
  • Brother_Five
    Options
    I'm talking about policing in general.
    And problem solving.
    Y'all want a bunch of racist hicks terrorizing your kids, who am I to disagree?
    Social programs >>> police...
    But ? reason, let's continue to establish an oppressive police state.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    And problem solving.

I'm not disagreeing with you on that. I'm just saying there are circumstances where people are right to want help from the police. You can't blame those people because police don't do what they are supposed to do. Past that, you're right. Calling the Law shouldn't be the first reaction to every problem.
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

as the result of this story? you dont really believe this, do you?
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And problem solving.

what better way to indoctrinate than to have them breathing down your neck as soon as you join formalized education?
  • Brother_Five
    Options
    And problem solving.

I'm not disagreeing with you on that. I'm just saying there are circumstances where people are right to want help from the police. You can't blame those people because police don't do what they are supposed to do. Past that, you're right. Calling the Law shouldn't be the first reaction to every problem.
    U can't 'blame' anyone for their ignorance I suppose.
    It makes me angry. Ima proponent of problem solving and third party strategies.
    We cannot rely on police or the CJ system in general to solve our social problems. It's a crutch that is doing more harm than good.
    I guess we on the same page for the most part.
  • Brother_Five
    Options
    Y'all over estimate the bravery of most teenagers...
    Yeah they can be unruly, but a stern voice brings most of them to tears.
    This don't open the door for anything.
    Like someone else said, this ain't Eastside High
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    Copper wrote: »
    Maybe if these kids had parents that actually did they ? job, her little ass wouldn't have been acting up in school in the first damn place.

That's the problem with these young ? nowadays, think because they got a camera on they phone, they get a free pass for not acting like responsible citizens.

Tell us more about how her parents and camera phones are responsible for her getting tossed across the room for refusing to leave please...

Even though it was gum that was the reason she was asked to leave and most teens don't act like “responsible citizens" and her classmates said she was quite and they didn't even know there was a problem till the teacher called security

1. If her parents were worth a damn, she would have been paying attention in class like she's supposed to be doing, not looking at her ? phone thotting it up and smacking gum.

2. These little ? think just because they got a phone wih a camera, that they won't get tested anymore because they'll put it on WSHH or youtube or whatever the ? , when the fact of the matter is, nothing is going to happen to a cop most times even WITH video evidence.

So u blame parents, phones and youtube but not the cop?

Damn right I blame parents, parents of today aint ? , do no type of raising of these ? kids, nobody says ? when girls like her end up with 4 kids by 4 different ? by age 25, but when somebody else disciplines they little funky ass kids, they want to start ? .

Would the cop even have been there if she was paying attention in class?

Answer me that ? .

And my favorite part of all this is these clowns talking this ? ? be the same ones going to work laughing at corny jokes they white co workers make, miss me with that ? .

? all that other ? you talkin bout...do you think a grown man body slamming and throwing a child across a room because she was sitting in a desk is an appropriate call to action? Yes or no?

Considering that aint no damn child, no

A child was Tamir getting blasted on, that thot in training ain't no damn child.

And I like how ? don't wanna address the real issues but wanna harp on this ? , the ? pig got fired, now what's going to be the excuse in 5 years when she's 3 or 4 ? 's baby momma and aint even finish high school?
    Abraxas wrote: »

as the result of this story? you dont really believe this, do you?

I do, basically this can open the flood gates of ? ? to happen.

3 adults ask the young lady to exit the class and she didn't. Now the ? cop enters and ? goes left. Then we all know what happen from there. I disagree with all adults in the event but it all starts with child not respecting authority first.

Nope ? that your her teacher you should atleast know of the girls basic circumstances

She briefly pulls out her,phone you scold her on it she apologies but,you stil intend on kicking out of class to go where? Home to her orphanage?

Authority went overboard ? authority

Yall keep talking like this girl violates the class room or something
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh

My thoughts exactly

Reminds me of a Taneshi Coates article I read a while back...words stuck with me though...

The Myth of Police Reform
    The real problem is the belief that all our social problems can be solved with force.

Julie Jacobson/AP
    38k 4.1k
    TA-NEHISI COATES
    APR 15, 2015
    There is a tendency, when examining police shootings, to focus on tactics at the expense of strategy. One interrogates the actions of the officer in the moment trying to discern their mind-state. We ask ourselves, "Were they justified in shooting?" But, in this time of heightened concern around the policing, a more essential question might be, "Were we justified in sending them?" At some point, Americans decided that the best answer to every social ill lay in the power of the criminal-justice system. Vexing social problems—homelessness, drug use, the inability to support one's children, mental illness—are presently solved by sending in men and women who specialize in inspiring fear and ensuring compliance. Fear and compliance have their place, but it can't be every place.

When Walter Scott fled from the North Charleston police, he was not merely fleeing Michael Thomas Slager, he was attempting to flee incarceration. He was doing this because we have decided that the criminal-justice system is the best tool for dealing with men who can't, or won't, support their children at a level that we deem satisfactory. Peel back the layers of most of the recent police shootings that have captured attention and you will find a broad societal problem that we have looked at, thrown our hands up, and said to the criminal-justice system, "You deal with this."

Last week I was in Madison, Wisconsin, where I was informed of the killing of Tony Robinson by a police officer. Robinson was high on mushrooms. The police were summoned after he chased a car. The police killed him. A month earlier, I'd been thinking a lot about Anthony Hill, who was mentally ill. One day last month, Hill stripped off his clothes and started jumping off of his balcony. The police were called. They killed him. I can't see the image of Tamir Rice aimlessly kicking snow outside the Cleveland projects and think of how little we invest in occupying the minds of children. A bored Tamir Rice decided to occupy his time with a airsoft gun. He was killed.

There is of course another way. Was Walter Scott's malfunctioning third-brake light really worth a police encounter? Should the state repeatedly incarcerate him for not paying child support? Do we really want people trained to fight crime dealing with someone who's ceased taking medication? Does the presence of a gun really improve the chance of peacefully resolving a drug episode? In this sense, the police—and the idea of police reform—are a symptom of something larger. The idea that all social problems can, and should, be resolved by sheer power is not limited to the police. In Atlanta, a problem that began with the poor state of public schools has now ending by feeding more people into the maw of the carceral state.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/04/the-myth-of-police-reform/390057/
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whether they know it or not
    those defending and justifying the actions of cop those enable a Police State

384_quote_police_state_system_malcolm_over.gif
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

I just explained that. The officer was authorized to take her down in that situation regardless of whether she was getting physical or not. Basically you can't just refuse to leave the class. If you do, the police can ? you out by force.

And there are cops in the schools down there because of attacks on teachers by students. So now they have cops assigned to each school to avoid that kind of thing.

"bruh...."

* Citizens are NOT generally required by law to obey police.
    * Police do NOT have general legal authority over citizens.
    * Police do NOT have any right to assault a citizen.
    * Police are NOT the power responsible for punishing citizens
    *Police CAN NOT seize citizens personal property without proper warrant of just cause(court issued)

I'm not sure what you're talking about, but that cop was authorized to use force to remove her from the classroom. None of that ? you said changes that. Its fair for you not to like it, but randomly spouting stuff doesn't change or help anything.