SC pig flips over & then slams a young black girl in class for being "verbally disruptive"...

Options

Comments

• D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just ? ya ? , in my gucci flip flops...

Turn up turn up...
    anigif_enhanced-22420-1403657885-10.gif

Turn up turn up...
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    TayGettem wrote: »
    I know ? probably gonna wack and flag me but they was both in the wrong

1) the girl should of just left the class room I've been a unruly student before but if they asked me to leave the class I would cuz it ain't that serious she was trying to act tough like nobody could touch her

2) the cop is a grown ass man he ain't have to do her like that he could of easily have pulled her out the desk threw her over his shoulder and carried her out the room or the school could of called her parents....etc etc

This is a case of egos clashing she thought she was a hard ass and he decided to treat her a excessive lesson they was both in the wrong

FOH with that bs. I've been a part of & watch 50 elem fights in school & not one ? time, did the pigs use force like that. Not 1 ? time was I dragged across the room.
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow

That ? is sickening

The cradle to prison to pipeline on full display

Hope it helps to shine a light on how girls of color, and especially black girls, are subject to discipline that is harsher and more frequent than that of their white peers

Black girls are six times more likely to be suspended than white girls. The racial disparities in punishment are greater for girls than for boys

http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2015/02/13/384005652/study-black-girls-are-being-pushed-out-of-school

I was going to agree with u until I saw that ? at the bolded

man I swear u just refuse to be a teamplayer :(

She can't help herself.

I'm almost numb to it now.
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

1) the girl should of just left the class room I've been a unruly student before but if they asked me to leave the class I would cuz it ain't that serious she was trying to act tough like nobody could touch her

2) the cop is a grown ass man he ain't have to do her like that he could of easily have pulled her out the desk threw her over his shoulder and carried her out the room or the school could of called her parents....etc etc

This is a case of egos clashing she thought she was a hard ass and he decided to treat her a excessive lesson they was both in the wrong

FOH with that bs. I've been a part of & watch 50 elem fights in school & not one ? time, did the pigs use force like that. Not 1 ? time was I dragged across the room.

This ain't elementary this highschool I got carried out in cuffs to when I fought in highschool
    Hell our principal use to tackle ? like a linebacker we never tripped abt it doe
    Me personally I know the consequences of my actions
  • TayGettem
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Bunch of black people can't even unanimously agree that a teenage girl sitting at a desk shouldn't be body slammed.

You think whites would have this same dissent if a white girl was wwf'd in a classroom by a black man?

Show me ten black people I'll show you 3 traitors to their own cause

I said the cop was in the wrong what u want me to say? I'm just saying the girl could of avoided the whole thing by leaving when the teacher, principle and cop asked
    I know kids do dumb ? but come on bru the teacher asked her to leave the most she would of had to do was sit outside the classroom
    Instead she decided to let it escalate now wants to cry when she gets fckd up ion understand the logic
    Was he wrong for going wwe on her ass YES but either way she had the choice to avoid all the B.S
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This ain't elementary this highschool I got carried out in cuffs to when I fought in highschool
    Hell our principal use to tackle ? like a linebacker we never tripped abt it doe

I'm talking about high school. Our pigs didnt do any of that.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Bunch of black people can't even unanimously agree that a teenage girl sitting at a desk shouldn't be body slammed.

You think whites would have this same dissent if a white girl was wwf'd in a classroom by a black man?

I can see people understanding why the cop would get upset with blatant disrespect. It's kinda hard to understand how anyone could cosign the level that cop took it to though. It looked like he could have done some serious damage. That definitely wasn't necessary for her not moving when being told to. The chick deserved to be punished. She didn't deserve a concussion.
  • TayGettem
    Options

I'm talking about high school. Our pigs didnt do any of that.

Well our principal did
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options

Wow

That ? is sickening

Hope it helps to shine a light on how girls of color, and especially black girls, are subject to discipline that is harsher and more frequent than that of their white peers

Black girls are six times more likely to be suspended than white girls. The racial disparities in punishment are greater for girls than for boys

http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2015/02/13/384005652/study-black-girls-are-being-pushed-out-of-school

Bruh

I'm the ultimate team player...I'm black before anything

Just stating facts

Not like it's not relevant to the discussion

And I sincerely hope these incidents garners more attention to the issues facing blk girls which are rarely if ever discussed at length or at great depth

u got to be trolling if u truly believe girls experience more racial disparities in school in regards to punishment more than boys

u can't be serious when there are way too many other factors that intentionally push boys out of the educational system way more than girls

the graduation rates alone are a boldface sign that black females don't catch it worse than black males

http://www.cepr.net/documents/black-hs-grad-rates-2015-03.pdf

stop trying to make all ur victimization arguments gender based :(

What? Lol

Fall back

Multiple studies have concluded that black girls face much harsher school discipline than their white peers

The study I posted found that blk girls are 6x more likely to be suspended than white girls for similar offenses

While blk boys are 3x as likely to be suspended than white boys for similar offenses

This is not to suggest blk boys aren't discriminated against ...they are....and I agree boys are pushed out of the educational system way more than girls

The problem is that the fact that black girls face much harsher school discipline than their white peers is often overlooked in school reform efforts

Here's an excerpt from another article:

Girls Face Specific Challenges

Despite data pointing to unequal discipline of black female students, Crenshaw says little effort has been put into focusing on achievement and discipline problems that girls face.

“The focus on girls is dreadfully lacking and it actually creates what I call a cycle of misinformation and exclusion,” said Crenshaw.

She says that girls, and black girls specifically, are often not included in research agendas or public policy discussion because of an incorrect assumption that they “are doing OK.” Crenshaw cites recent initiatives including My Brother’s Keeper and Boston’s Opportunity and Equity report as examples of programs that focus on racial achievement, but do not include girls in their scope.

The exclusion, she says, leads to less information and therefore fewer opportunities to intervene where necessary.

“On the rare occasion where there is a founder or a partner who wants to focus on girls, the information that is available to them to help them think about what kinds of programs might work … just doesn’t exist,” said Crenshaw. She says any set of interventions designed to advanced the well being of youth of color should take both boys and girls into consideration.

http://learninglab.wbur.org/2015/02/11/report-black-girls-face-disproportionate-punishment-in-boston-schools/
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I said the cop was in the wrong what u want me to say? I'm just saying the girl could of avoided the whole thing by leaving when the teacher, principle and cop asked
    I know kids do dumb ? but come on bru the teacher asked her to leave the most she would of had to do was sit outside the classroom
    Instead she decided to let it escalate now wants to cry when she gets fckd up ion understand the logic
    Was he wrong for going wwe on her ass YES but either way she had the choice to avoid all the B.S

GTFOHWTBS

• D0wn
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »

Stick talk, stick talk...
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    It's like everyday you wake up and you read another story about cops doing fuckery. I'm sick of it.
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lemme guess now we wanna go and march. Black zombies...
  • D0wn
    Options
    Fosheezy wrote: »

Its either that, turn up at the club (stick talk, stick talk), r pray.
    it aint like u ? r gonna do anything, but use y'all twitter fingers to fight injustices . r go on t.v n yapp . may be ya can change the system from the inside out lmao.

• Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow

That ? is sickening

Bruh

I'm the ultimate team player...I'm black before anything

Just stating facts

Not like it's not relevant to the discussion

And I sincerely hope these incidents garners more attention to the issues facing blk girls which are rarely if ever discussed at length or at great depth

u got to be trolling if u truly believe girls experience more racial disparities in school in regards to punishment more than boys

u can't be serious when there are way too many other factors that intentionally push boys out of the educational system way more than girls

the graduation rates alone are a boldface sign that black females don't catch it worse than black males

http://www.cepr.net/documents/black-hs-grad-rates-2015-03.pdf

stop trying to make all ur victimization arguments gender based :(

What? Lol

Fall back

Multiple studies have concluded that black girls face much harsher school discipline than their white peers

The study I posted found that blk girls are 6x more likely to be suspended than white girls for similar offenses

While blk boys are 3x as likely to be suspended than white boys for similar offenses

This is not to suggest blk boys aren't discriminated against ...they are....and I agree boys are pushed out of the educational system way more than girls

The problem is that the fact that black girls face much harsher school discipline than their white peers is often overlooked in school reform efforts

Here's an excerpt from another article:

Girls Face Specific Challenges

Despite data pointing to unequal discipline of black female students, Crenshaw says little effort has been put into focusing on achievement and discipline problems that girls face.

“The focus on girls is dreadfully lacking and it actually creates what I call a cycle of misinformation and exclusion,” said Crenshaw.

She says that girls, and black girls specifically, are often not included in research agendas or public policy discussion because of an incorrect assumption that they “are doing OK.” Crenshaw cites recent initiatives including My Brother’s Keeper and Boston’s Opportunity and Equity report as examples of programs that focus on racial achievement, but do not include girls in their scope.

The exclusion, she says, leads to less information and therefore fewer opportunities to intervene where necessary.

“On the rare occasion where there is a founder or a partner who wants to focus on girls, the information that is available to them to help them think about what kinds of programs might work … just doesn’t exist,” said Crenshaw. She says any set of interventions designed to advanced the well being of youth of color should take both boys and girls into consideration.

http://learninglab.wbur.org/2015/02/11/report-black-girls-face-disproportionate-punishment-in-boston-schools/

oh great, more victim olympics. can we stick to the topic at hand? damn.
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    Fosheezy wrote: »

Its either that, turn up at the club (stick talk, stick talk), r pray.
    it aint like u ? r gonna do anything, but use y'all twitter fingers to fight injustices . r go on t.v n yapp . may be ya can change the system from the inside out lmao.
    i keep saying its a case of being outsmarted....