One Has To Go. Mobb Deep, Dogg Pound, Outkast, UGK

Options

Comments

• T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mobb Deep
    ? go stand in line for an acapella album if that's all u want, were talking RAP MUSIC, as in dope flows and THE BEATS THEY ARE SPIT UPON or in other words, rapping on MUSIC, sit yo def poetry ass dine

Lol that ? thought he was dropping something insightful. That ? ether'd himself
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    UGK
    Brian B. wrote: »
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    So let me get this straight; Dogg Pound has one album and we're comparing them to groups that have multiple albums?

Yeah when that one album is better than anything UGK ever put out and is up there with infamous. (I personally like hell on earth better) who do you think got better bars Kurupt or Bun B? Who you got in a battle? Who has made better beats ? C or Daz?

Swear to ? this is such ? , people would laugh at UGK being better than DPG out here.

And they dont just have one album. Go listen to Dillinger & Young Gotti, Cali is Active, 100 ways, and Dogg Chit.

Hell the ? they did on The Chronic and snoops first album >>>>>>UGK's whole career

why would they laugh, people still checkin for, sampling, featuring ugk members. ugk has several highly acclaimed albums, ? was known as a great producer and hook writer(daz is pretty nice too tho) ? ? still checkin for ? c solo albums, bun b up there with the bars and more importantly they got at 2 decades of high quality MUSIC, not just bars. cant say the same for kurupt or daz in the last 15 years. not that that makes ugk better but its not ? or laughable for people to think that way.

aint nobody checking for kurupt except for on vlad interviews these days and barely for daz at all. like dpg more if u want. but ugk being better isnt laughable at all. i wouldnt be shocked if u and other cats on here sayin that ? prolly stereotype them as mike jones type rappers and have only listened to one or two songs of theirs. no one that ever at least bumped big pimpin would say they just not in dpg league, foh.
    Jay Z has gone on record as respecting Dogg Pound so they aint just regional

Uhh.. idk, that kinda makes part of your argument null & void

cuz I assume you mentioned Jay cuz he's considered one of the (if not the) G.O.A.T(s)

So him respecting DPG means sumthin? Right?

So what does it say that he wanted UGK feat. on his album? Lol

Same thing it says when Jay did the Change the Game remix wit Tha Dogg Pound, probably mutual respect so neither aint just regional legends are they?
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    ? said ? musicality then said we talking RAP MUSIC. Man close this ? thread

And only your ? don't get my about the ? part of rap. How corny is Hip hop when people want it to be jack of all trades the master of none. Sing but not the best singers, performers but not the best performers, melodies but not the most melodic, etc but lyrics, the strong suit of Hip Hop or rap is at a kindergarten level and people on hip hop sites repeat it not about lyricism mantra.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/may/19/new-study-reveals-lyric-intelligence-getting-lower

^ What the ? , country singers b?
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mobb Deep
    I never liked mobb deep

I hate to see the hate for ugk on here tho

but I understand tho, the people that dont like them, dont like them cause they didnt make hip hop

they made country rap tunes, so if you aint from the south you wouldnt understand

RIP ? C
  • hiphop12345
    Options
    700 wrote: »
    I never liked mobb deep

I hate to see the hate for ugk on here tho

but I understand tho, the people that dont like them, dont like them cause they didnt make hip hop

they made country rap tunes, so if you aint from the south you wouldnt understand

RIP ? C

This isn't bias though. Even Bun B doesn't believe that ? .
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Mobb Deep

And only your ? don't get my about the ? part of rap. How corny is Hip hop when people want it to be jack of all trades the master of none. Sing but not the best singers, performers but not the best performers, melodies but not the most melodic, etc but lyrics, the strong suit of Hip Hop or rap is at a kindergarten level and people on hip hop sites repeat it not about lyricism mantra.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/may/19/new-study-reveals-lyric-intelligence-getting-lower

man shut the ? up, blabbin about nothing. your link and country singers comment is irrelevant.

u right idk anything about this
    And only your ? don't get my about the ? part of rap.

why the ? would anyone choose hard lyrics/wack musicality over hard lyrics/great musicality. thats exactly why country rap tunes usually prevails, the musical aspect, save that phenomenal bars/weak music ? for freestyle on the corner friday or smack rap battles

only you would sit here and try to say "jack of all trades is bad". just make a dope song/album

some of the nicest cats in the game out now like kendrick, krit, etc and u wanna say the strong suit of rap is at a kindergarten level?

jay-z-pushes_south_african_girl.gif
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    UGK
    Idk

I guess im more into street ? so i'll Respond better to gangsta ? from Mobb and the Pound than I would Outkast and UGK but I like them groups a different kinda way. I just dont think DPG should be losing out of the four of them given the classics they ve been part of, Daz Production and Kurupt's killer instinct with verses he's every bit as lethal as Prodigy, 3000 or Bun B who are all the best rappers of their respective duos
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dogg Pound
    Prodigy ain't rhymed since 98 but at least between the Two of them, they contributed a hell of alot more than the dogg pound imo
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mobb Deep
    Idk

I guess im more into street ? so i'll Respond better to gangsta ? from Mobb and the Pound than I would Outkast and UGK but I like them groups a different kinda way. I just dont think DPG should be losing out of the four of them given the classics they ve been part of, Daz Production and Kurupt's killer instinct with verses he's every bit as lethal as Prodigy, 3000 or Bun B who are all the best rappers of their respective duos

Bun and ? C spit gangsta ?

And they wasn't no studio gangstas. They spit that real that they lived.

Can't say the same for Mobb Deep.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dogg Pound
    Dogg Pound gets the chop easily.

• hiphop12345
    Options

man shut the ? up, blabbin about nothing. your link and country singers comment is irrelevant.

why the ? would anyone choose hard lyrics/wack musicality over hard lyrics/great musicality. thats exactly why country rap tunes usually prevails, the musical aspect, save that phenomenal bars/weak music ? for freestyle on the corner friday or smack rap battles

only you would sit here and try to say "jack of all trades is bad". just make a dope song/album

some of the nicest cats in the game out now like kendrick, krit, etc and u wanna say the strong suit of rap is at a kindergarten level?

Dope rhymes dope beats, that's it. I don't care about singing, I don't care about melodies, etc. Other genres provide all of that. I listen to rap for lyrics and great production, that's what build the genre.

People on a Hip Hop site ? about lyricism is regressive. People hating on Kendrick, Cole, etc because strippers are not A&Ring their records(Krit would get that hate also if he was known)? Then people ? about regional bias yet showing regional bias is ? .

If Country rap tunes usually prevail then shut the ? up and stop ? .
  • hiphop12345
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Idk

See stupid ? like this, ? C got kidnapped and pistol whipped but he's more street than Mobb Deep(really Prodigy) even though they were in real street ? also?
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Mobb Deep
    ? C moved weight from PA to New Orleans.

Facts
  • hiphop12345
    Options
    ? C moved weight from PA to New Orleans.

Facts

O boy.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Mobb Deep
    Dude said he liked gangsta ?

And they spot gangsta ? that's mostly true
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Outkast
    Please ban this ? who picks Mobb Deep for lame reasons.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Mobb Deep
    Idk

See stupid ? like this, ? C got kidnapped and pistol whipped but he's more street than Mobb Deep(really Prodigy) even though they were in real street ? also?

prodigy did ballet
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Mobb Deep

Dope rhymes dope beats, that's it. I don't care about singing, I don't care about melodies, etc. Other genres provide all of that.

People on a Hip Hop site ? about lyricism is regressive.

Then people ? about regional bias yet showing regional bias is ? .

no one's ? , you are sayin ? ? and im callin it out.

dope beats dope rhymes may be it for a simpleton like you, for most of us the dope melodies as well can be a bonus not a knock.

no one is ? about lyricism

idk why ur talking about urself with the bolded.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    UGK

Dope rhymes dope beats, that's it. I don't care about singing, I don't care about melodies, etc. Other genres provide all of that.

People on a Hip Hop site ? about lyricism is regressive.

Then people ? about regional bias yet showing regional bias is ? .

no one's ? , you are sayin ? ? and im callin it out.

dope beats dope rhymes may be it for a simpleton like you, for most of us the dope melodies as well can be a bonus not a knock.

no one is ? about lyricism

idk why ur talking about urself with the bolded.

Except when the melodies come from rappers you don't like.
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All I listen to is Mobb especially Prodigy

Always been dope
  • hiphop12345
    Options
    Idk

prodigy did ballet

Bad luck on Prodigy. If the net was back then what it is today, the balarina image would of never last because everybody not a SJ would of saw these:

myjzoqvn9bp482frvf7q.jpg

Ballet though>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

P_cough_medicine_abuse1.jpg
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Outkast
    This people is ? they ? on a young kid doin ballerina. Same did MJ and he is THE GOAT. ? this ? they have Elthon John and Eminem as their rolemodels.

Prodigy is top 3 DOA. Now close the thread, I don't want new posts to pop up on my mobile