The 2017 MLB Thread

Options

Comments

• Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Free-agent pitcher Zack Greinke has agreed to a deal with the Arizona Diamondbacks, according to multiple reports.
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Man zack that fuked up but least he aint sign with the giants lol but az really tho wonder how.much more they offer then dodgers it said to be 6 years
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man zack that fuked up but least he aint sign with the giants lol but az really tho wonder how.much more they offer then dodgers it said to be 6 years

I already know they offered some ridiculous # cuz the dbacks literally came out of nowhere and wrapped that up quick

Dodgers probably gonna sign cueto now
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    6 years 195 mil for grienke.Man what da ?
  • Angeles1son85
    edited December 2015
    Options

I already know they offered some ridiculous # cuz the dbacks literally came out of nowhere and wrapped that up quick

Dodgers probably gonna sign cueto now

All i saw on.my fb timeline was ? zack all over i said oh no then it said the d backs i was like wtf just hope it aint have anything to do cuz we aint.move puig yet
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Jake Arrieta will be the same age Zach Grienke is now when he becomes a free agent in 2017 with way less mileage on his arm and his agent is scott boras

6y1pft.jpg
  • Angeles1son85
    Options
    Mlb network said We been in contact with cueto and jeff told.there agent if we dont get zack we coming for them they will.love it in la lol
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    Lol wow Grienke ? on the Dodgers...I guess we can officially get the Dodgers the ? outta here, ? gon be extra trash this year
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where the hell did Arizona come from, I was sure Greinke was going back to the Dodgers
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MillzOG wrote: »
    Lol wow Grienke ? on the Dodgers...I guess we can officially get the Dodgers the ? outta here, ? gon be extra trash this year

? paying $206 million. That contract is insane imo. ? being extra trash. We still got talent and money. Don.t count us out so soon ? .
  • MillzOG
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »

? paying $206 million. That contract is insane imo. ? being extra trash. We still got talent and money. Don.t count us out so soon ? .

Yeah I'm in agreement with both paying that contract, that's nuts, I just know ya offense was hella inconsistent and the secondary pitchers were definitely lacking....still a long offseason so I guess you're right I shouldn't count yall out...

Naaa! ? it! Come join the loser circle with us (yankees) this year b.
  • O.G.
    Options

Yeah I'm in agreement with both paying that contract, that's nuts, I just know ya offense was hella inconsistent and the secondary pitchers were definitely lacking....still a long offseason so I guess you're right I shouldn't count yall out...

I would rather root for ISIS than be a Yankee fan. Yall got nice hats tho.
  • MillzOG
    Options
    The GOAT hat you mean
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The GOAT hat you mean

? outta here
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Dodgers offered grienke 5 years 155,they'll probably give that to cueto and shark is about to get broke off

I thought grienke was goin to the giants.I wonder who gonna sign heyward
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Barry Bonds is our hitting coach.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options

They'll be straight dodgers #1 prospect is a pitcher named julio urias he's 19 in double a he'll probably be up next season if not definitely in 2017 and they signed one of the best cuban pitchers this past summer he like 18-19 too.They got a lot of young talent
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Can't even imagine what bryce harper gonna get he'll be 26(bday in october so he'll turn 26 a month before fa) when he hits free agency in 3 years.400 mil contract is a strong possibilty
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My Indians need to spend some money if they want to contend.
  • O.G.
    Options
    My Indians need to spend some money if they want to contend.

You need to spend some money if you want to watch them.

Lol
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can understand David Price going to Boston because of Dave Dumbroski (the former Detroit Tigers GM). I Wouldn't be surprised if this was premeditated.

But Zach Grenkie going to Arizona?

Zzzz
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Way too much dough annually imo but whatever

after watching what lackey did to the cubs in that first game and even the 2nd one (until baez got him) i like this move for the cubs -- i dont look at the money i look at the years when it comes to baseball contracts -- 2 is perfect now the draft pick does hurt but its a lot less than what the other mid tier guys would have cost and yeah hes old as ? but he has aged gracefully and his last 3 or 4 season since TJ surgery indicates he can keep it up

hes gone 189, 198 and 218 innings the last 3 years

if he can give the cubs 190+ this year thats exactly what they need to stabilize the pitching staff and even if he regresses a little to something more like a 3.5 something era

now if the cubs could get lackey, heyward and trade for one of these pitchers (even at the cost of soler as long as they sign heyward) then thats a hell of an offseason
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    greinke has been honest in the past about going wherever the money is so its refreshing to see a star player actually tear down the walls of artificiality and say 'hey, i dont give a ? about anything else, just show me the ? money' lmao that being said i remember back in his kc days that there was a big deal about his anxiety issues etc

i dont know how that ? go but i wonder if it pops up back again since he is the clear cut ace and a whole lot of expectation is going to be put on his shoulders

as for the dodgers theyre better off bringing someone up instead of throwing crazy money at someone old and bad

dodgers have a lot of old and bad already