The 2017 MLB Thread

Options

Comments

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Price to Boston tho lol

It's plausible.The red sox pres of baseball operations is the tigers old gm and they need an ace.
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    robinson cano supposedly unhappy in seattle and wants to go back to ny

Nope, ? that sucka...I said from the beginning he chose the bread over winning, let him lay in that loser bed over there.
  • MillzOG
    Options
    David Price a ? if he goes to the Red Sox.

Smh man please don't let that happen they got some young potential superstars in that lineup and I ? hate it. Mookie Betts would be a real ? if he had on the pinstripes b.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    robinson cano supposedly unhappy in seattle and wants to go back to ny

Dude is already on the decline. He should have stayed for what we was willing to offer. Now you 30+ and the realization that you're on the Seattle Mariners is hittin you? Foh
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Price to Boston tho lol

It's plausible.The red sox pres of baseball operations is the tigers old gm and they need an ace.

? i read too much into it i thought he was implying something along the lines of the perception that being black from boston means letting a majority of racism slide off with a laugh or else -- price himself has said he has gotten the nastiest comments from boston fans

but on some baseball ? , yeah -- it makes sense

and i forgot about the dombrowski angle but i dont think it will matter much because i really think price is going where the money go since everybody interested in him all have a chance of winning
  • ckfree
    Options
    http://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/robinson-cano-wants-out-of-seattle-back-to-new-york-112315

the cano thing sounds like speculation like a rumor from someone in his entourage or even second hand from a friend of a friend

but yeah who didnt see it coming

culturally
    comfort
    and production wise (short rf porch)

ny was always the better fit but he chose what he chose

he probably really aint tripping too much off it though
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Price to Boston tho lol

? i read too much into it i thought he was implying something along the lines of the perception that being black from boston means letting a majority of racism slide off with a laugh or else -- price himself has said he has gotten the nastiest comments from boston fans

and i forgot about the dombrowski angle but i dont think it will matter much because i really think price is going where the money go since everybody interested in him all have a chance of winning

Imo I always felt price was going to the dodgers or giants.Now if the cubs really wanted him they'd sign him but they already splurged on lester bobblehead ass last winter and the comments theo been consistently making since the season ended sound like he will make a trade or sign a middle of the rotation starter.I'd be cool if the cubs signed shark or acquired salazar/carraso from the indians or shelby miller/teheran from the braves,soler or baez would be going out tho which would make me sad but you gotta give up somethin to get somethin.I honestly have no idea what the cubs will do.They won 97 games last year and went to the nlcs it aint like they need mad pieces just a cf and another starter or 2.
  • ckfree
    Options
    Price to Boston tho lol

Imo I always felt price was going to the dodgers or giants.Now if the cubs really wanted him they'd sign him but they already splurged on lester bobblehead ass last winter and the comments theo been consistently making since the season ended sound like he will make a trade or sign a middle of the rotation starter.I'd be cool if the cubs signed shark or acquired salazar/carraso from the indians or shelby miller/teheran from the braves,soler or baez would be going out tho which would make me sad but you gotta give up somethin to get somethin.I honestly have no idea what the cubs will do.They won 97 games last year and went to the nlcs it aint like they need mad pieces just a cf and another starter or 2.

supposedly his agent is saying toronto is by far and away his first choice but i still see him going to the team who pays him the most

if its between soler and baez i gotta keep baez because of his glove

with soler despite his potential has big question marks

whether his age is accurate (i dont trust these cubans)
    durability

and most importantly how terrible he is defensively despite having played the position his whole career
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Price to Boston tho lol

supposedly his agent is saying toronto is by far and away his first choice but i still see him going to the team who pays him the most

durability

and most importantly how terrible he is defensively despite having played the position his whole career

I agree but my thing is soler got that batters eye that nobody else besides bryant and schwarber have.I don't feel comfortable trading a 24 year old away who hasn't scratched the surface,His durability and defense are questionable but he can improve defensively or the cubs can acquire a cf who is great defensively but not a good hitter like kiermaier from the rays.We'll see,everyday I check cubs news/rumors I be nervous cuz I really don't want them to trade any of the youngsters.
  • ckfree
    Options
    Price to Boston tho lol

durability

I agree but my thing is soler got that batters eye that nobody else besides bryant and schwarber have.I don't feel comfortable trading a 24 year old away who hasn't scratched the surface,His durability and defense are questionable but he can improve defensively or the cubs can acquire a cf who is great defensively but not a good hitter like kiermaier from the rays.We'll see,everyday I check cubs news/rumors I be nervous cuz I really don't want them to trade any of the youngsters.

thats the one thing soler really has going for him

he can grind out at bats, work the count to sustain a rally etc and theo loves that ?

there was an at bat in the last game against the mets where all baez had to do was make solid contact but he swung for the damn fences and ended up striking out to end any chance of a rally -- as soon as he struck out i posted theo is gonna trade baez because i bet that moment just reinforced to theo that he cant trust baez

its going to be interesting to see what theo is thinking because like 6 of the cubs top 10 prospects are OF's so theres depth there

no matter what happens this will be the most exciting cubs off season since 2007 when they signed marquis and soriano
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Price to Boston tho lol

durability

he can grind out at bats, work the count to sustain a rally etc and theo loves that ?

there was an at bat in the last game against the mets where all baez had to do was make solid contact but he swung for the damn fences and ended up striking out to end any chance of a rally -- as soon as he struck out i posted theo is gonna trade baez because i bet that moment just reinforced to theo that he cant trust baez

its going to be interesting to see what theo is thinking because like 6 of the cubs top 10 prospects are OF's so theres depth there

no matter what happens this will be the most exciting cubs off season since 2007 when they signed marquis and soriano

There were a couple times in the nlcs where baez had opportunities to prove he was ready and left mad runners stranded.Games 1 & 2 he had 2 runners on and he struck out swinging at some ? .But to be fair duke got thrown in the starting line up in the middle of the playoffs after barely playing the last week and those defensive plays he made in st. louis at 3b and that play vs the pirates(regular season games) where he gunned out the runner at the plate built enough equity up wit me to show his value.It's a tough decision regardless I rather they just keep both and sign 2 mor pitchers
  • ckfree
    Options
    Price to Boston tho lol

durability

There were a couple times in the nlcs where baez had opportunities to prove he was ready and left mad runners stranded.Games 1 & 2 he had 2 runners on and he struck out swinging at some ? .But to be fair duke got thrown in the starting line up in the middle of the playoffs after barely playing the last week and those defensive plays he made in st. louis at 3b and that play vs the pirates(regular season games) where he gunned out the runner at the plate built enough equity up wit me to show his value.It's a tough decision regardless I rather they just keep both and sign 2 mor pitchers

cubs have had their fair share of failed prodigies

cory patterson (hes was balling that year he tore his acl though)
    felix pie
    hee sop choi
    josh vitters
    brett jackson
    etc

thats why its still hard for me to wrap my mind around the amount of young talent on that cubs team that looks real

not one of those dudes havent shown to be all hype

tough decisions ahead for theo
  • ckfree
    Options
    somebody was telling me about some ? he read in one of those insider articles from espn that you have to pay for

it was from a buster piece

supposedly boston might be preparing to make one of those godfather offers to price similar to how ny offered cc i think it was 60 mil more than what anybody else was offering or something like that

might also do the same with greinke if it dont work out with price

back end of that contract will be BRUTAL
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They trying to nail puig
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Winter meetings are dec 7-10 so some moves should start poppin off this upcoming week.I think it will be a flurry of transactions real soon,don't know why it hasn't been much news up to this point.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited November 2015
    Options
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Man, Gallardo would have been better and cheaper
  • MillzOG
    Options
    I've always liked Jordan Zimmerman, I'm not mad at that deal, but I'm not a Tigers fan so I won't hate if some are mad.
  • MillzOG
    Options
    Apparently Johnny Cueto turned down a 6 year 120 mil deal from the Diamondbacks, just read that on the ESPN ticker.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    This where theo ? up.He was so obsessed wit that pitch framing non sense that he traded wellington castillo who is a better hitter and can actually throw out runners(but was a below average pitch framer) unlike Miguel montero.In the process the cubs took on 30 mil in salary and traded a player who is arbitration eligible but his salary woulda maxed out at the 3-4 mil range and edwin jackson is still on the books this year for like 13 mil.My point is that's 23-24 mil tied up in a player who isnt on the roster and a catcher who low key sucks because of that the cubs have dough to spend but not as much as they could.
  • ckfree
    Options
    not a bad deal by detroit with they way the market is going now

this deal takes him through his age 34 season

good length
    good value

i figured he would get at least 6 years

toronto the team i think ? up

$12 mil a year for a 33 year old pitcher

thats a lot of money for 10 good starts from a guy who posted a 4.39 ERA with 1.37 WHIP during three previous mediocre seasons during his first stint with toronto a couple years back -- ? just serves as a reminder to parents out there with young kids

tie their right arms behind their backs so they learn to throw stuff around the crib with their left arms
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    MillzOG wrote: »
    Apparently Johnny Cueto turned down a 6 year 120 mil deal from the Diamondbacks, just read that on the ESPN ticker.

Cueto wants 140-160

the red sox signed chris young(from the yankees) I think the red sox about to make some moves they already have 3 of's they about to make a trade and may sign an ace
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Barry Bonds is under consideration to become our hitting coach lol
  • ckfree
    Options

it supposedly could happen if l.a misses out on greinke
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Giving up on Young Joc already cot damn