American Crime Story: The People v. O.J. Simpson - OFFICIAL TRAILER

Options

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn good television. This is picking up the slack for Fargo.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know this isn't a documentary and I'm sure there will be some liberties taken but damn I didn't know Cochran was caking like that.

His closet was nice as hell.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Jus watched the 1st episode. Good watch. Not great imo. But i was glued to the tv n the hour flew by...
  • marc123
    Options
    Everytime i hear a.c.'s name. i think of that classic cube line "im down with dre. Like a.c. is down with oj."
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    Good show, but they just had to find a way to throw them Kardashian ? in the mix didn't they lol

I mean their father is one of the main characters.

this and the fact that Kris was there with Bruce lmao
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When will Cuba Simpson say 'Show me the Freedom' to his lawyers.
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I enjoyed it, ? cuba gooding seemed over the top but i liked it, maybe oj was really like that? looking forward to rest of the show
  • Broddie
    Options
    OJ was a big time narcissist and I think Cuba Gooding did a good enough capturing that aspect that it gives him a pass despite being miscast.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OJ was a big time narcissist and I think Cuba Gooding did a good enough capturing that aspect that it gives him a pass despite being miscast.

Yeh man I just cant take Cuba seriously as OJ. I mean, they really couldnt find someone else?

With that said, he IS doing a good job. I actually didnt know OJ was that narcissistic at all. ? is totally disturbing.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    The Juice!

Wish i could just binge watch this series
  • Broddie
    Options

Yeh man I just cant take Cuba seriously as OJ. I mean, they really couldnt find someone else?

With that said, he IS doing a good job. I actually didnt know OJ was that narcissistic at all. ? is totally disturbing.

When he walked up to the casket I got chills.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

LOL didnt OJ write a book "I Did It"
  • Broddie
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I was obsessed with this case growing up. I was 10 when the bronco chase was on tv and 11 and 12 during the trial. It really taught me everything I need to know about the importance of reasonable doubt in American law.

Everything was playing against OJ from a logical standpoint. Prosecution was really good but also dumb as ? at the same time. The genius of the defense calling an audible on the prosecution and taking the race route when the riots were still a sensitive convo in every hood black and brown across the nation is why Cochran was the GOAT.

Karma got the juice back though. Won't be possibly released on paroled till next year.
  • Broddie
    edited February 2016
    Options

IF I Did It actually cause he didn't want to implicate himself. I never read it cause the concept was disgusting and I always felt he was guilty. I never HATED cause I rememeber why the streets were loving it.

But it was still very tasteless cause it's the mother of his kids. He got no integrity just pure ego. A true sociopath in every way. Broke my heart as a kid cause I grew up thinking him a hero. OJ taught me to stop putting stars on a pedestal.

However back then it was bigger than OJ ? was like now times 100 after Rodney King. Many people knew he was guilty but it was the idea of a black man getting white justice (getting away with murder) for a change that made it ok to consider OJ a black man again for that moment in time at least it was for many people I remember.
  • marc123
    Options

IF I Did It actually cause he didn't want to implicate himself. I never read it cause the concept was disgusting and I always felt he was guilty. I never HATED cause I rememeber why the streets were loving it.

But it was still very tasteless cause it's the mother of his kids. He got no integrity just pure ego. A true sociopath in every way. Broke my heart as a kid cause I grew up thinking him a hero. OJ taught me to stop putting stars on a pedestal.

However back then it was bigger than OJ ? was like now times 100 after Rodney King. Many people knew he was guilty but it was the idea of a black man getting white justice (getting away with murder) for a change that made it ok to consider OJ a black man again for that moment in time at least it was for many people I remember.

a famous ? had to ? a ? to teach you "to stop putting stars on a pedestal."
  • marc123
    Options
    I agree with dude on the left n he makes some solid points.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvGqlMrqySs
  • marc123
    Options
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's why Netflix ? up the game (in a good way) because they allow you to watch every episode as soon as the season starts.

It was has me hating to wait a week to watch what I want.
  • Broddie
    Options
    I found Travolta's accent more offensive than I did his face. This is what Shapiro really sounds like.

https://youtu.be/CJHkcfnvdAE
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kato kalin had me in ? tears. I had no idea he was that ? much of a hippie surfer dude. Cuzzo was HIGH AS ? . He said "Who me, i'm nobody, I'm not even a real person".

BRUH!!!!!!!! LOL!!!! Then the part

kato: Hey juice, you want some juice?
    O.J: hey kato!!, cut that ? out maaaaaan!!!

lol.

O.J was popping all kinds of pills.

They could have gotten his little brother, would have been a better fit and he's a better actor. I still can't get over snow dogs.