The OTTB Wrestling News thread

Options

Comments

• northwest443
    northwest443 Members Posts: 589
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Jeff Hardy become a 2 time champion after failing 2 drug tests but they go fire Sin Cara after 1
    Crowd Reaction, Character Marketing, Merch and Time (Character Development)
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    nodq.com

- WWE is looking to go "old school" with the booking process in the sense that they will be planning several months out and working backwards. Expect to see lots more long-term planning from here on out. WWE is very happy with how they announced John Cena vs. The Rock for WrestleMania 28 in advance and how both Superstars have managed to keep the feud alive online.

one reason why i like HHH backstage
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    – The Miz, who held the WWE Championship for 160 days, has been named number one in Pro Wrestling Illustrated’s “PWI 500″ list for 2011. The list, which is now in its 21st year, ranks the top 500 professional wrestlers in the world.

The official announcement has not yet been made, but PWI’s website displays the cover with the news.

The evaluation period for the “PWI 500″ is from June 1, 2010, to May 31, 2011.
  • The_Recruiter
    The_Recruiter Members Posts: 289
    edited July 2011
    Options
    so...its good to see JR
  • Mally_G
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Alberto Del Rio has once again been victimized by WWE’s haphazard booking as his long planned match with John Cena at SummerSlam was nixed hours before last night’s Raw telecast in Hampton, Virginia.

Creative overhauled the match line-up for SummerSlam Monday afternoon after deeming their creative plans for CM Punk for the event as “awful.” Del Rio was effectively removed from the title picture as a result. WWE’s braintrust felt that had Punk not been slotted in the title match, his much talked about storyline would extinguish.

Though Del Rio had the rug pulled out from under him once again, creative has the 34-year-old pegged for a title run this fall. WWE announced today they will present a landmark tour across Mexico this October and a number of high ranking officials feel the countryman returning as a conquering hero will garner a great deal of media attention.

Meanwhile, The Miz was at one point scheduled to reign supreme in the WWE Championship Tournament on Raw. Creative later changed their mind and the WWE Championship was awarded to Rey Mysterio, who got to hold the belt for approximately an hour and a half.

So after reading this, I'm now thinking Del Rio is going to cash in on whomever the winner of the Cena/Punk match and win the title so he can parade it around Mexico.

Punk and Cena are going to have a helluva match, maybe with a stipulation, that'll "? " both men, the ADR will take advantage and win. So when the Fall is upon us, he'll go back to Mexico as the "Undisputed" WWE Champion, which will make it look even better to the Mexicans and it's a better selling point for the tour. During the tour, we'll probably read a report or two of who ADR's next challenger will be and once the tour is over, maybe about a month later, ADR will drop the title to that person.

It's a long ways to MW28, but we all know that Cena will have the title going into that event. So I won't be surprised if Cena is at least.....at least.......the 13-14 time WWE Champion going into that show.
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »
    So after reading this, I'm now thinking Del Rio is going to cash in on whomever the winner of the Cena/Punk match and win the title so he can parade it around Mexico.

Punk and Cena are going to have a helluva match, maybe with a stipulation, that'll "? " both men, the ADR will take advantage and win. So when the Fall is upon us, he'll go back to Mexico as the "Undisputed" WWE Champion, which will make it look even better to the Mexicans and it's a better selling point for the tour. During the tour, we'll probably read a report or two of who ADR's next challenger will be and once the tour is over, maybe about a month later, ADR will drop the title to that person.

It's a long ways to MW28, but we all know that Cena will have the title going into that event. So I won't be surprised if Cena is at least.....at least.......the 13-14 time WWE Champion going into that show.

I dont think Cena is gon have the title going into wrestlemania, ? I just can't fathom that they would let Cena beat The Rock.....So since I believe the rock is gonna win, he shouldnt have the title ? hes not gonna be wrestling all the time.
  • northwest443
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »

Punk and Cena are going to have a helluva match, maybe with a stipulation, that'll "? " both men, the ADR will take advantage and win. So when the Fall is upon us, he'll go back to Mexico as the "Undisputed" WWE Champion, which will make it look even better to the Mexicans and it's a better selling point for the tour..

This is right on point!...
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I think SD! needs ADR, not RAW. RAW already has such a good line up. Would suck to see ADR as the champ (on RAW, as of right now) and I have a feeling they'll change the look of the title for him.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Original Plan For RAW: Triple H Was Supposed To Lay Out CM Punk

Monday's RAW featured Triple H's first night in charge as well as the surprise return of WWE title holder CM Punk.

According to Dave Meltzer in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, there were actually six different scripts written for RAW - one of which would have resulted in Triple H laying out CM Punk with a pedigree.

Although the obvious scenario would be for WWE to capitalize on CM Punk's recent popularity and push him to the moon, most of the scenarios presented for Monday's RAW were not to get Punk over, but to emphasize Triple H's new role as Vince McMahon's successor.

Prior to WWE settling on what we saw unfold on Monday night, the original plan for CM Punk's return was for him to get attacked and pedigreed by Triple H. Alberto Del Rio then would have come out, cashed in his Money in the Bank briefcase against John Cena at SummerSlam.

While this would have certainly put Triple H over as a major heel and led to an eventual program with a babyface CM Punk cooler heads prevailed and the angle of Punk getting squashed on the night of his return was scrapped.
  • northwest443
    edited July 2011
    Options
    the original plan for CM Punk's return was for him to get attacked and pedigreed by Triple H. Alberto Del Rio then would have come out, cashed in his Money in the Bank briefcase against John Cena at SummerSlam.

While this would have certainly put Triple H over as a major heel and led to an eventual program with a babyface CM Punk cooler heads prevailed and the angle of Punk getting squashed on the night of his return was scrapped.

Glad this didn't go down/
  • Mally_G
    edited July 2011
    Options

Monday's RAW featured Triple H's first night in charge as well as the surprise return of WWE title holder CM Punk.

According to Dave Meltzer in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, there were actually six different scripts written for RAW - one of which would have resulted in Triple H laying out CM Punk with a pedigree.

Although the obvious scenario would be for WWE to capitalize on CM Punk's recent popularity and push him to the moon, most of the scenarios presented for Monday's RAW were not to get Punk over, but to emphasize Triple H's new role as Vince McMahon's successor.

Prior to WWE settling on what we saw unfold on Monday night, the original plan for CM Punk's return was for him to get attacked and pedigreed by Triple H. Alberto Del Rio then would have come out, cashed in his Money in the Bank briefcase against John Cena at SummerSlam.

Damn, so this just points to the inevitable...........HHH will run roughshod over the WWE once again.........even in a suit.

I mean, we all know he's going to do it, it's just a matter of when it's going to happen. This "news/rumor" says it all. The WWE will be about HHH.

How can they even consider doing something like that? That would have crushed Punk's career in the WWE. For the sake of someone's ego, they want to hold everyone else down. Vince said that one man is not bigger than the WWE, but it always falls onto one man who steals the show. The time, energy, and thought into Vince/HHH storylines far supersede any ideas they can come up for normal wrestlers. If the writers put that much effort into the rest of their roster as they do for Vince/HHH, the WWE would be a much better place.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Michael Tarver Accuses John Cena Of Intentionally Breaking His Arm Last Year
    By Daniel Pena
    Jul 27, 2011 - 10:24:14 PM

Tyrone Evans (a/k/a Michael Tarver), who was released last month from his contract with WWE following several months of inactivity, posted an incoherent diatribe on his Twitter account today accusing John Cena of feeling threatened by his talent and intentionally fracturing his arm with a chair during a pay-per-view event last year to put him out of commission. The founding Nexus member also alleges that Cena laughed in his face afterwards.

Here is his post in its entirety:

"Family im a baaad man YAHWEH NISSI ,, soooooooo stop me if you heard this one for starters I went from sleeping in a car to being on 2 Wrestlemanias fun fact there soooooo this guy has a dream job but an adv he meets his dream girl assn db on his dream job he was to be away From his kids so he makes it work while spendiing 3 years trying to get his daughter to tampa to live him away from addcict mother

"Now during this dream job he fights trains show crazy potential on the mic regarded as one the best ever in developmental so he moves on ,,,To nxt and raw where he is burried on tv treated like trash back stage to the point where a certain top superstar takes notice of this Guy building steam with his promos back stage and begins to feel threatend so one night on a ppv the champ purposely fractures this Persons arm with a chair and after.the match backstage laughs in his face about it and walks off you know im talking about you just cant see See him anyway he takes out threats to his throne back stage to the point where the even get released from their dream job and ironicaly This guys dream wife leaves him tthreatening to take everything from him a month later on the se day his daughter was to move in with With them now his daughter is hysterical beyond help and has to be sent back home after three years of fighting and one week there

"Hmmmmm makes you wonder is it worth it because in your opinions WHO DO YOU KNOW WHO IS BAD.ENOUGH TO SCARE A BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY So I saw to all things mention ME ,,,,,,,,IM THAT BAD MAN ,,,,,,,,,,,YAHWEH NISSI"
  • m. inferno
    m. inferno Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Kip Sopp - also known as Billy Gunn - recently completed a 55-minute-long shoot video where he discusses his lashing out at Triple H following his release, how he developed the Mr. Ass character and more. WorldWrestlingInsanity.com posted the following release about the video and how you can access it:

With a career spanning more than two decades, Kip "Billy Gunn" Sopp has had plenty of high points. To many fans of the WWF Attitude Era, Gunn is most remembered as DX's "Mr. Ass". Alongside Road Dogg, X-Pac, Chyna, and Triple H, Billy created some unforgettable TV moments. However, when he left the company in 2004, he made waves with some harsh comments pointed at his former DX stable mate Triple H. He lashed out at the Game and appeared to blame him for his WWE departure. Years removed from those comments, James Guttman asks Bad Ass Billy about those stinging shots. Gunn takes responsibility and explains some of his reasoning:

"Know what it was? I didn't want to take the blame for what I had done- things that I was doing, things that (made it so) they couldn't keep me around. I just couldn't take it that (WWE) called me and said - not that this matters - but they had said that when I'm done wrestling, "there will always be a spot here for you as an agent or something like that." I love helping other people. I love teaching now. I love trying to give away what I have if anyone is interested in knowing a little of what I know. My frustration came out on the one person that was the main guy there and that was Hunter. I just opened fire on him because it was all about me and not wanting to take responsibility for me and my actions."

Guttman asks Gunn if his position has changed on Hunter.

"Has my position changed with him? Yeah. It has. Do I want to pick up the phone every day and call him to apologize? Yeah. Because it was something I did out of selfishness and the selfish person that I was back then. Not that I blame it on anything, but I had a bunch of things going on in my life that was really not that good. I took it out on him and, like I said, I wasn't taking responsibility for my own actions. That's what I did. I lashed out at him and everybody I could and I had somebody who was willing to listen and let me go on a live shoot tape to say whatever I wanted. Why would I not? It was all about making me look better and making someone else look bad. I know now that people were going, "Yeah, well it's really just you. It's not anyone else." So yeah. I regret what I did then and for sure now because I'm sure something like that is keeping me from being back there training people. I wish I could change it, but I can't change it. So I just have to live with the things I've done and the actions that I do from here on forward."

Billy Gunn goes in-depth about many moments from his career throughout the interview. But now that he's no longer tied to WWE or TNA, it leaves him time to meet and interact with fans. Doing so at Indy shows and autograph signings, Gunn gets to answer many questions fans may have. However, it's social media that lets him connect with those he credits for making his career so memorable - the fans.

"I appreciate it all. I just started this new Twitter thing and it's @realbillygunn and started Twittering. And it's amazing to me because I can literally stay on that thing all day long. I'm a Twitter freak now. People ask me a lot of questions and I get back to them and answer their questions because, as we know, (fans) ask (wrestlers) a lot of questions and nobody ever answers anything or they don't get a straight answer. I appreciate everybody that followed me and everybody who thinks I did do something in this business and that I am worth something. I appreciate it all and I honestly do. I wish I could literally answer every single person that had a question for me. I just don't think I have that much time left (laughs) to do that. But if you go on Twitter and follow me and have a question, I promise I will try to answer it. I literally stay on the phone for hours answering questions - and it's usually the same question just asked a little different - and that's my way to give back to people because if it wasn't for the fans, there'd be no me."

It doesn't end there. This 55 minute interview with Billy Gunn is one of the most in-depth you'll find anywhere and you can hear it all right now, along with hundreds of other stars the second you sign up on ClubWWI.com including many stars including Road Dogg, Jerry Lawler, Jesse Ventura, Kevin Nash, and many more.
  • m. inferno
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Cliff Compton (a/k/a Domino) indicated on Twitter that the chances of him returning to WWE are highly unlikely.

He wrote, "I will return to WWE when Axl and Slash reunite."

The former WWE star is comparing the situation to Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose's relationship with former bandmate Slash, as the two haven't spoken since the mid-90s. Rose said two years ago that there was no chance that they would reunite – saying that one of the pair would "die" before such an event could occur.

According to several sources, ? Foley’s comments about “thinking about” a position in WWE is a bit of a stretch. While no formal contract exists between Foley and WWE, we have been told by several different sources that Foley is slotted in for a Good Will Ambassador role for WWE.

“(WWE Chairman) Vince (McMahon) will no doubt feed ? to someone when the time is right,” a key WWE insider told us, “but first ? will be used for his charity work and recognition factor.”
  • m. inferno
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Charges against former WWE star Shad Gaspard had been dropped by Ohio police.

Back in March, Gaspard was allegedly walking in the street and obstructing traffic while in town for the Arnold Fitness Festival. But when he allegedly refused to show his ID and ignored a request to not walk on the street, officers attempted to take him into custody. Gaspard broke free, which is why the additional police were called.

Gaspard had claimed his innocence the entire time, and MMA fighter Josh Barnett, who was there, defended Gaspard.

Former independent wrestler Devon Nicholson has filed a 6.5 million dollar lawsuit in the Ontario Superior Court of Justice against Larry Shreve (a/k/a Abdullah the Butcher), a WWE Hall of Famer.

The lawsuit stems from a 2007 match in Ottawa, Ontario, where Nicholson alleges that Shreve cut him with a razor blade without his permission. Nicholson alleges that Shreve's blood mixed with his own and gave him Hepatitis C.

Nicholson learned of his infection in mid-2009. That September, WWE rescinded their three-year contract offer to Nicholson, allegedly on the basis of his disease.

According to Nicholson, his lawyer met with Shreve in September 2010 in Atlanta, Georgia, and agreed to provide blood work. Yet, the suit alleges, Shreve never provided the promised sample or result.

The source of the report is available at Netnewsledger.com.

Shreve posted this note on his Facebook page on July 17: "I received my medical reports; I have NO hepatitis, or AIDS and anything. My blood tests are ALL negatives then these fools will be prosecured in justice... Hannibal, Billy Graham and especially New Jack, the most ? Boy whom business knew!"
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options

They gonna ? it if they decide to run with HHH as the bully boss.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    They gonna ? it if they decide to run with HHH as the bully boss.

Note to everyone wrestling fan: NEVER TRUST DAVE MELTZER!!!!
  • northwest443
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Nice reads "m. inferno" & Chitown
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Mcmahon hemsley era 2011
  • m. inferno
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Former WWE Diva Maria Kanellis and ex girlfriend of CM PUNK talks.....

Why she believes that CM Punk resonates with today's fans and why now is "The Era of Punk": "I think Punk is one of the greatest, if not the greatest, in wrestling right now and for a while now. I love The Rock, and I love 'Stone Cold,' but right now is 'The Era of Punk.' He's incredible. I'm so happy for him to be doing exactly what he enjoys doing, and that's to be honest and to be straight edge. I think it's incredible for him. Punk does not care about the show. He does not care the pyro, and the fanfare, and 'Let me put on a fancy suit and let me look perfect everywhere I go.' What he cares about is wrestling. He cares about the wrestling business. He wants integrity in the wrestling business, and that is why it resonates with the fans. A lot of people care about the fanfare of it all, but they forgot what is wrestling is truly about."
  • m. inferno
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Ultimate Warrior revealed his thoughts regarding WWE Superstars John Cena and CM Punk on his Facebook page.

Warrior said of Cena: "I don't know John. Or any of the other guys. It's been a long time since I was in the business and none of them were there when I was, except for a few, like Undertaker. I don't watch TV or PPV's and I don't visit wrestling newssites. However, I was told by the top decision maker in the business, "nobody wants to go for the brass ring anymore, except this John Cena kid...I think, anyway." I've heard from other reliable sources that John is a hard worker.

"I know from my OWN experience that self-discipline, stamina and hard work goes a long way with a decision maker who can go longer and harder than 99% of talent he's seen come and go throughout the years."

Warrior remarked the following regarding Punk, who he has exchanged multiple messages with on Twitter: "From what I have heard, he's got a good ear to his gut instincts and follows the music of his OWN muse. A man's entire destiny depends on how much he will trust these two virtues. Doesn't matter if wants to rule a wrestling ring or the world. If he will fight and bleed for them and guard them from falling prey to ANY other human being's advice, he could write himself a damn good-sized ticket, especially with today's culture being what it is.

"About Punk and the others, I say it is their time and let them have it.

"If a Superstar from yesteryear can't contribute in a way that allows the new crop of talented guys to shine and have their day in the spotlight, contribute in a way to let them Feel their Power, then they should pack their gear bag and go ? home. Pack your gear bag and go the ? home."
  • m. inferno
    edited August 2011
    Options
    CM PUNK= SHAWN MICHAELS?

WWE reportedly offered CM Punk a five-year deal at one point. No word yet if what he ended up signing was for that long.

Regarding Punk and Vince McMahon, it’s said that Punk now has Vince’s ear when it comes to ideas. It was described as similar to Shawn Michaels year ago when he began moving up in the company and Vince would bounce ideas off Shawn, or Shawn would suggest ideas to Vince.
  • m. inferno
    edited August 2011
    Options
    MVP, who now competes overseas for New Japan Pro Wrestling after parting ways with World Wrestling Entertainment in December, was asked on Twitter about joining TNA Wrestling should he get homesick.

Taking an apparent shot at the Nashville based organization, he responded, "I could never be THAT homesick!"
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Good stuff good stuff
  • m. inferno
    edited August 2011
    Options
    TMZ.com is reporting that WWE is increasing the security at live events to protect Maryse from a stalker after she was sent several e-mails from the fan.

The plan is to keep the security in place until the company feels the stalker is no longer a legitimate threat. They've also taken other measures, but won't give details of the security plan to make sure it works.

The e-mails sent to Maryse from 61-year-old Lee Silber had him saying he would "take [her] to heaven with him."

As seen earlier this week, Zack Ryder debuted a new Internet Championship belt on his YouTube show. The belt was custom made by Wildcat Belts out of Pennsylvania. They have also done the WWE United States Title and the belt that was used on Hulk Hogan’s Celebrity Championship Wrestling, as well as several independent wrestling belts.

-- WWE continued Justin Gabriel’s babyface turn on SmackDown! this past Friday with video packages of Gabriel with fans during WWE’s recent tour of South Africa, where he is from. For those wondering, Gabriel is still dating WWE Diva Kelly Kelly in real-life.