The OTTB Wrestling News thread

Options

Comments

• m. inferno
    m. inferno Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    John Morrison issued the following statement via Twitter concerning Melina, his girlfriend, who was released this afternoon from her contract with WWE.

He wrote, “I’ve always believed that Melina is the most talented Diva ever employed by World Wrestling Entertainment. (not to mention the hottest!) Her face conveys emotion. Vince McMahon likes to say “Television is a feeling” and I agree with him. That’s what Sports Entertainment is all about. Melina’s presence on Television, aside from the obvious (she be sexy!) is raw emotion- joy, rage, surprise, disgust… her passion just pours out of her

“Melina’s presence on Monday Night Raw will be missed by the WWE universe… and especially by me.

“I think this is the end of a chapter in the book of @RealMelina – I met Melina on my audition for Tough Enough 3, I never forgot the smile, and hug she gave me when I made the show and she got cut and told to go home. I’ve stood next to her with Joey while MNM was yelled at; told we’d never make it, we were worthless. I’ve seen her come back from 2 career threatening injuries. She is one of a kind, and talented enough to do whatever she wants. I’m proud to be her man. I love her, and will support whatever she chooses to do next.

“#staystrong #thankyoumelina.”
  • The_Recruiter
    The_Recruiter Members Posts: 289
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Stacy Keibler & George Clooney?? I've been hearing about that

I had a girl crush on Stacy.

She was probably one of the only divas who stayed away from plastic surgery that I can remember.
  • m. inferno
    edited August 2011
    Options
    We noted yesterday that both Rey Mysterio and Dolph Ziggler are currently battling injuries.

Ziggler suffered a abdominal muscle at Friday's RAW live event in Salt Lake City, Utah. The same night, Mysterio suffering a knee injury, leading to the early stoppage of a bout with Alberto Del Rio. He limped to the back afterward.

Mysterio participated in an injury angle at last night's RAW live event in Fresno, California as he was attacked by Alberto Del Rio and R-Truth prior to his match with the second generation Mexican wrestler. Del Rio put the cross arm-breaker on Mysterio, and was subsequently assisted to the back by personnel. Meanwhile, Ziggler worked lightly during his match against Alex Riley as there was much stalling.

Both wrestlers are expected to work around their respective injuries and rest up as much as they can this week in Los Angeles leading into next Sunday's SummerSlam pay-per-view event.
  • m. inferno
    edited August 2011
    Options
    WWE has been making a number of changes internally with Triple H's new talent recruiting division. Ty Bailey and Mark Carrano are now working directly with HHH and there is now a writer assigned specifically to work with HHH on development of new television characters and their introductions.
  • m. inferno
    edited August 2011
    Options
    CHIKARA has announced that Daizee Haze will be taking an indefinite hiatus from professional wrestling to focus on her health and recovery. The promotion, however, is publicly attributing Haze's leave of absence to a storyline rather than a legitimate private matter. Their statement reads:

Any discussion of Daizee Haze's well-being should, first and foremost, reference the fact that she was not only struck over the head last Sunday with a chair after a hard match, but then after the main event, was manhandled by Claudio Castagnoli with perhaps the most brutal chokeslam of all time.

We're disturbed to learn that Daizee Haze will be taking an indefinite hiatus to focus on her health and recovery, and we expect to have comments from her partner, Sara Del Rey, to publish this coming week on our website.

I'm sure all members of the CHIKARMY join us in wishing Daizee a full recovery and return to complete health.

Haze's well-being has drawn great concern as she appeared alarmingly skinny at two recent independent wrestling events; her emaciated appearance at last Sunday's Chikarasaurus Rex event in Philadelphia drew "eat a sandwich" chants from fans. There are other rumors as well that we will not get into.

If you're interested, you can go to http://www.wzronline.com/wrestling-news/photos-daizee-haze-looking-insanely-skinny.html to view the shocking and scary photos. Thanks for your support of EWN.
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Stacy Keibler & George Clooney?? I've been hearing about that

I had a girl crush on Stacy.

She was probably one of the only divas who stayed away from plastic surgery that I can remember.

Clooney already dumped the broad because he likes to keep his private life private and she sending out cryptic Tweets saying how much of a great time she's spend with him. ? just ? him off and he canceled the ? .
    Some tabloids are reporting that after Stacy Keibler cryptically wrote on Twitter how much fun she was having in Lake Como, Italy, a resort area George Clooney reigns over, the reclusive A-list actor told her to pack her bags and leave.

The former Miss Hancock has since returned to the United States as she was spotted Thursday at Los Angeles International Airport fresh off a flight.

Life & Style reported Wednesday that Clooney had begun dating the former WWE Diva after recently splitting from model Elisabetta Canali. His rep, however, told Yahoo’s The Famous blog that he had not heard of the alleged romance.

“George is finishing his movie and I haven’t had any way to reach him for the past several weeks,” Stan Rosenfield told The Baltimore Sun, noting that Clooney never talks about his personal life.

Another source added that his “fling is purely for fun.”
  • m. inferno
    edited August 2011
    Options
    shorty just played herself
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    m. inferno wrote: »
    WWE SummerSlam is less than two weeks away - and only four matches have been announced for the show thus far:

WWE Championship Unification Match
    John Cena vs. CM Punk

No Holds Barred Match for the World Heavyweight Title
    Christian (c) vs. Randy Orton

WWE Divas Title Match
    Kelly Kelly (c) vs. Beth Phoenix

Sheamus vs. Mark Henry (Will be announced on SmackDown)

According to our WWE sources, the following matches are also very likely to appear on the card:

The Miz vs. Rey Mysterio

Alberto Del Rio vs. Kofi Kingston

Dolph Ziggler vs. Alex Riley

Ezekiel Jackson vs. Cody Rhodes

Daniel Bryan vs. Wade Barrett

such a ? card.....
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    deeroc22 wrote: »
    such a ? card.....
    Yeah, they really need to do some kind of stipulation with H vs. S, I could see that being some kind of anywhere falls or weapons match.
  • m. inferno
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Many people have noticed that WWE has not removed Gail Kim from their roster page, and have not officially announced her release. According to a source, this is because Kim quit the company, and at this time, they are not sure how they will handle the situation.

There was some hope within the company that she would change her mind and return, but that is likely not the case.

Kim has been vocal about how unhappy she has been with company for months. No one within the company was really surprised when she quit.
  • m. inferno
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ROH sent out the following today…

Ring of Honor management are happy to announce that they have come to terms with Jay Lethal and he is now officially under ROH contract. The former ROH Pure Champion was a part of Ring of Honor from 2003 – 2006 and in that time frame captured the ROH Pure Title, contended for the ROH Tag Titles, and battled everyone from CM Punk to Samoa Joe to Christopher Daniels.

Returning to the fold at "Best in the World 2011", Lethal defeated "The Prodigy" Mike Bennett and is now scheduled to challenge for the ROH World TV Title against champion El Generico THIS Saturday night in Chicago Ridge, IL!

"Jay Lethal is a wrestler that the ROH fans have watched grow up right in front of them." Said ROH Executive Producer Jim Cornette, "From his days with Special K to his battles over the Pure Title, Jay Lethal became a man in front of the ROH fans and now that he's back in Ring of Honor, we can all see how much of a fighter he has become. It's exciting to have him back here with us, and I for one look forward to seeing him and Generico go at it on SBG TV!"
  • m. inferno
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Chris Jericho was recently interviewed by Canada's FortMcMurrayToday.com and was asked about a WWE return. Here is what he said: "I have no plans for it right now. Like I said, I didn't leave wrestling for any bad reasons, it's just that I had a lot of other stuff that was going on in my life that I've been wanting to work on, and Fozzy is one of the main reasons for that. I know sometimes that ? wrestling fans off, but I don't care. I do what I do to make myself happy. I've done wrestling for 20 years and I've been in Fozzy for 12. Fozzy is in the same place now after 12 years, that I was as a performer after 12. Just really on the verge of becoming something bigger. So I'd be crazy to not to devote as much time to the band as I can and take it as far as we can go. Wrestling is always there, it's not going anywhere. Will I come back? I don't know. But I have no plans of it right now."

While at the recent set of iMPACT! Wrestling TV tapings in Orlando, TNA President Dixie Carter was overheard talking about Sting's new character role telling everyone "how great it is that Sting has been able to reinvent himself" at this point in his career and how "everyone in the dressing room should learn from him".

As seen at the TNA ? Justice PPV, Kurt Angle became the new TNA World Heavyweight Champion by defeating Sting. Angle hit Sting with a steel chair after stopping Hulk Hogan from using it on him. This marks Angle’s 5th TNA World Title reign.

Also at last night’s pay-per-view, Winter became the new TNA Knockouts Champion by defeating Mickie James, after interference from Angelina Love and a red mist that Winter spit in Mickie’s face.

TNA tapes iMPACT! tonight and tomorrow night with the build to No Surrender.
  • m. inferno
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I guess WWE is gonna pull a MF Doom with Sin Cara

WWE will be tape NXT, SmackDown! and Superstars tomorrow in Sacramento, California and Sin Cara will be back in action. The plan is to have WWE developmental talent Hunico under the hood as Cara as the real Sin Cara's suspension has not yet ended.

-- Steve Austin's latest straight-to-video film Tactical Force hits DVD tomorrow.

-- WWE's next Steve Austin DVD will be released on November 29th On DVD and Blu-Ray.

-- The company has a second Ladder Match compilation DVD scheduled, titled "Crash & Burn."
  • m. inferno
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Here are the updated standings for the TNA Bound for Glory Series…

* Crimson: 43
    * James Storm: 33
    * Devon: 30
    * Gunner: 28
    * Bully Ray: 28
    * Bobby Roode: 28
    * Rob Van Dam: 25
    * Matt Morgan: 24 [INJURED – OUT OF SERIES]
    * AJ Styles: 21
    * D'Angelo Dinero: 17
    * Scott Steiner: 14
    * Samoa Joe: -10
  • northwest443
    northwest443 Members Posts: 589
    edited August 2011
    Options
    m. inferno wrote: »
    I guess WWE is gonna pull a MF Doom with Sin Cara

WWE will be tape NXT, SmackDown! and Superstars tomorrow in Sacramento, California and Sin Cara will be back in action. The plan is to have WWE developmental talent Hunico under the hood as Cara as the real Sin Cara's suspension has not yet ended.

tumblr_ljjp38Tqlm1qf5m9vo1_250.gif
    Nice!...lol, Can't lie, decent switch out.
    sincara-hunico.jpg?w=660&h=459
  • m. inferno
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It was reported this afternoon that eight WWE developmental wrestlers had been removed from the official website of Florida Championship Wrestling; Bobby Dutch, Colin Cassady, DeSean Bishop, Jason Mullen, Leroy Parks, Lucky Cannon, Cameron Lynn (Tough Enough contestant Ariane Andrew) and Sonia.

Bishop stated today on Twitter that he was released on Friday, writing: "I got released friday from FCW. DeSean Bishop is no more. I wanna thank everyone who supported me. Im going to keep this site open under this name 2 commemorate the good old days."

Cannon, meanwhile, implied Friday on Twitter that he had parted ways with WWE. He wrote, "This is my final tweet.... Nothing lasts forever, NOTHING! Good or bad this to shall pass."
  • m. inferno
    edited August 2011
    Options
    CM Punk's new "Best in the World" shirt is delayed right now, due to the extreme demand for the shirt via WWEShop.com.

-- 7-11 has come aboard as the official sponsor of SummerSlam this Sunday.

-- Sheamus will be on Conan this Thursday on TBS.
  • m. inferno
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Melina was on the road with John Morrison this weekend, and many and had questioned her as to why. She gave the following explanation…

"No. I'm still fired. I had this trip planned prior. I stand by my man. I was told I couldn't go IN the arena 2 watch. Funny."

After she posted that, many followers offered her tickets to the show.

As noted last night here on the website, Melina is not taking wrestling bookings, but she is taking bookings for signing appearances. Her first post WWE appearance will be in New York City for the Family Wrestling Entertainment independent promotion on August 20th.
  • m. inferno
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Beth Phoenix was apparently scripted to take a shot at recently released WWE Diva Melina during her promo this week on RAW in which she said she was sick of the Divas division being made a mockery of. "No more ? popping, no more splits, no more stink faces," Beth said following her victory over Eve.

Melina wrote on Twitter, "PS- Any Diva can try 2 do a split from here on out but what the WWE confirmed is that the SPLITS will always remind the world of me. Thank u."

She continued, "I love the statement peeps! I bet the powers that be were waiting all night 2 hear that line go on air. Hee hee. I find it very flattering!"
  • m. inferno
    edited August 2011
    Options
    WWE Superstar Edge appeared on Right After Wrestling with Arda Ocal and Jimmy Korderas. Highlights from the interview are as follows:

If he didn't receive the news, how long he felt he would have competed before he retired: "I pretty much assumed that WrestleMania in Miami (WM 28) would be my last because my contract runs out around then. I just thought I would get to there and have my final match there and then retire. The best laid plans never work out the way they should. And they didn't and that's okay. I knew it was coming to an end but I didn't know exactly when that end would be. All this did was speed up the process by exactly 1 year. I already knew I was ready to retire. My body was telling me it was time. All the pain I was in and mentally, the grind, was just getting me down."

The unique way Tony Chimel announces him to the ring: "I loved the way Chimel announced me to the ring. He would announce me and Cena to the ring for like 250 nights and he would go out of his way for Cena and then simply announce 'and here's the Rated R Superstar Edge.' So I was like come on Chimel, at least make an effort for me as well. So he started to elongate the 'Super' in 'Rated R Superstar' and it just became a huge joke in the back and everybody would say it along as he would in the ring. I don't even think Kevin Dunn noticed, it just kinda flew under the radar."

When does Edge want to enter the WWE Hall of Fame?: "I would love to be inducted into the WWE HOF but I never put any thought into when. I never said 'I wanna be inducted in the next year'. I wouldn't be offended if it was in a few years from now. If it was the same year that WrestleMania returns to Toronto, that would be awesome but I never really put any thought into when exactly I wanted to get inducted."
  • m. inferno
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Diana Hart Smith, mother of recently released WWE Superstar David Hart Smith, took aim at Michael Cole yesterday on Twitter as she called the WWE broadcaster effeminate.

"Michael Cole is such an expose of garbage wrestling--MC is brutally effeminine," she wrote to a follower. "Oh well. On another level, STRIKEFORCE=HARRY SMITH."

For what it's worth, the self-proclaimed "Voice of WWE" did Smith no favors during his lone broadcast booth appearance on an episode of RAW last year as he criticized the third generation wrestler's verbal ability and lack of charisma.

-- Reader SirWombat sent word that WWE.com's bio on referee Mike Chioda makes mention of deceased wrestler Chris Benoit, who is considered persona non grata within the organization.

It reads: "Chioda also distinctly remembers Nov. 29, 2004, when he and a fellow official declared contrary decisions in a Triple Threat Match for the World Heavyweight Championship; Chioda saw Chris Benoit pinned for the three-count while Edge tapped out simultaneously. It's a moment in his career that's nearly impossible to replicate."
  • m. inferno
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The latest word on the Sin Cara character is that it indeed will be FCW star Hunico wrestling under the mask at tonight’s SmackDown! tapings. The original Sin Cara will return once his suspension is over and a feud with Hunico may end up happening on WWE TV.

-- Regarding SummerSlam only having four matches announced, word is that as of yesterday, that’s all the matches WWE had finalized. Creative had more matches lined up two weeks ago than they did yesterday at RAW. It’s expected that two or three more matches will be added but there’s also talk of having longer matches than usual.
  • m. inferno
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Rey Mysterio had an MRI done over the weekend but as of yesterday, did not have the results back. Rey is reportedly very worried as it’s the same knee that he has had several surgeries on. We should know more later this week.

-- Vince McMahon reportedly does not want John Laurinaitis to have a speaking role on WWE TV anymore as he feels Laurinaitis can’t cut a good promo.
  • m. inferno
    edited August 2011
    Options
    does anybody even have WWE AllStars?

This week THQ officially released the “All-Time Greats” downloadable content pack for the WWE All Stars video game. The pack includes Chris Jericho, Jerry Lawler and The Road Warriors, and can be downloaded on Xbox LIVE for 320 points or on the Playstation Network for $3.99.

THQ also has R-Truth available to download for free. Other DLC available for WWE All stars includes the “Southern Charisma Pack” with Big Bossman, Michael “PS” Hayes and Mark Henry, as well as “The Million Dollar Pack” with Ted DiBiase Sr. and his son Ted DiBiase Jr.

-- Goldberg responded to last night’s reports that he would want to face Steve Austin in a return match, after Goldberg made the comments back in March. He wrote on Twitter: “Austin would be a dream match. But let’s all be realistic.”

-- Diana Hart tweeted the following on DH Smith joining MMA: "Good nite! I predict Harry Smith(DH) will b the new Brock Lesnar 4 Strikeforce. Onward &Upward.Easy for 6’5″ monster w strategy!Can’t wait!"
  • m. inferno
    edited August 2011
    Options
    -- Stan sent word that there was 1 hour and 37 minutes of in-ring action at Sunday’s TNA ? Justice pay-per-view.

-- Crimson tweeted the following regarding last night's TNA iMPACT! tapings: “Waiting for MRI on the knee….I wouldn’t miss Impact this week if I were you…” Crimson apparently suffered a knee injury during the main event of last night's TV tapings.