The OTTB Wrestling News thread

Options

Comments

• m. inferno
    m. inferno Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    WWE Tough Enough contestant Jeremiah Riggs told the Around the Octagon website that WWE officials informed him that they will not be offering him a contract. “I was informed yesterday that the WWE isn’t going to use me,” Riggs said. “Two weeks ago I was invited to go to Tampa to tryout for FCW and from what they gathered they loved my personality but they said I was only average in the ring and said I have a bad attitude and carried myself like I had something to prove.

“I told them that if I’m average I’m doing pretty damn good considering I had only done this for two months. If I can get to average in several weeks imagine what I can do in a few months. And of course I’m eager to prove myself. I was surrounded by guys who had done this for several years and they were all wondering who this new rookie was. I had to show them I belonged.”

Riggs wasn’t complimentary of the WWE developmental wrestlers. “90% of those guys are vanilla. They are all the same. Long hair, pony tail, boring as can be. The day I left Tampa I shaved my head because I didn’t want to be anything like them. I’m Jeremiah Riggs from Vicksburg, Mississippi. I’m not going to be a clone. All of their promos sounded the same. They are boring and play it safe. People are afraid of the truth.

“What do they want in a superstar? I don’t need a character. I’m Jeremiah Riggs. I don’t need a new name or gimmick. The WWE has a ? developmental roster. No one stands out. They are all scared of failure and half of them have been there for years. They are all the same and do the same stuff. Sure, they have a few guys that have potential but they are all clones. But I’m not going to be just like everybody else. What are they going to do send me home? You can’t scare someone who ain’t afraid.”

Riggs was also critical of WWE Tough Enough trainer Bill DeMott. “Me and Bill were cool on the show,” he said. “I heard he got a job as a scout for the WWE and I was glad to hear he was doing good for himself. He deserves it after so long in the business. When I was in Tampa doing my match with Orlov, Bill was praising me and talking about how good I was doing.

“I was doing stuff that Luke and Andy couldn’t do, on the first try. But when I walked into FCW a few weeks ago he acted like he was too cool to talk to me. He’s changed man. He thinks he is somebody because he was the big man on the show. I guess Hollywood went to his head. Sure he had a mediocre wrestling career and found new life on Tough Enough. I don’t give a ? . I’ll whoop his fat ass.”
  • m. inferno
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Arda Ocal (@arda_ocal) & Jimmy Korderas (@jimmykorderas) of Right After Wrestling recently spoke with ROH announcer, Kevin Kelly. Here are some highlights:

On CM Punk Bringing Attention To ROH: "That would be interesting if our show was already on the air. The first taping airs September 24th. What's gonna make a difference for ROH is putting out the best quality wrestling show each and every week. Even though ROH pays homage to all of their past champions, such as CM Punk and Samoa Joe and everybody that's worn the title, it's nice to see Punk reciprocate that and show respect to us."

On ROH Having To Constantly Make New Stars: "My hats off to guys like the Kings of Wrestling (Claudio and Chris) who - if they go up to the WWE, they deserve it. But that's where the job of talent development comes in. ROH must continue to make new stars because there is always a new spot on the roster that needs to be filled. ROH must constantly bring in, look at and develop new stars because going on television brings new horizons for the guys and our company. I'll give you an example of talent development with John Laurinaitis. I bring Bobby Roode to a camp and I tell John this guy is gonna be great. He says, 'ahhhh....ahhhh' in his raspy voice and nothing happened. And that 'answer' told me he wanted to make a decision but he was afraid if his decision was going to be the wrong one."

On CM Punk NOT Being The Best in The World: "I love CM Punk. I never met him personally, but when I meet him I will shake his hand and tell him how much I appreciate his talents. But Punk wears a shirt on TV saying he's 'the best in the World'. Well he's not the best in the world until he defeats Davey Richards. Davey Richards is the best wrestler in the World hands down! You could put the Miz at #1 in the PWI 500...and then burn that magazine for printing that. Davey Richards is the best in the World and I defy anybody to argue with me on that. Watch the match with Eddie Edwards. It was a 36-minute perfect match. Not one flaw. He trained for 4-weeks for that match - like a fighter. He's revolutionizing the business right before our very eyes."
  • m. inferno
    edited August 2011
    Options
    John Morrison was a guest on The LAW Sunday night discussing his recent return to WWE television, his neck injury, changing his style and his match at WrestleMania this past April. The entire show can be downloaded at http://www.thefightnetwork.com/ Here are some highlights….

His neck injury and what led to his time off: I got an MRI, and they basically found that I had two bone spurs, which was wear and tear, but the herniation and compression, similar to someone stepping on a garden hose, cut off the nerves to my arm. I went to the gym the following day, and I knew my neck hurt, but I was like "ah, you'll work through it," like you do in fighting or anything. I was gonna do curls; I go to pick up two fifty pound dumb bells, do one curl with my left, and my right just doesn't work. I can't curl at all. I ended up going down to a ten pound dumb bell, and I could barely, barely move it. That's when I knew something was really wrong. I had a more minor procedure basically they just went through and drilled through the bone and took the bone out that was pinching the nerve. My arm now is about 60% of what is was before the injury and it's not a muscle thing, the neurons just have to re-grow and everything has to fire again and it hasn't done that yet and it's taking a really long time.

Teaming with Trish Stratus and Snooki at WrestleMania 27 this past April: The match was what it was. It was very short. I felt like Snooki and I kinda got the cold shoulder, we were standing on the apron the whole time while Trish (Stratus) and Michelle (McCool) spent five minutes in the ring doing the whole match. I think it was an important part of WrestleMania, because say what you want about Snooki, but she has one of the top rated shows right now. Jersey Shore gets better ratings than Raw. She's got this whole fan base, and it's a different fan base, a different demographic, and that's why she was there. That's an important part of the show. Personally, and professionally, I would have loved to have been able to have a 15-20 minute match against Dolph Ziggler, because we've had that on live events, and I know we could've torn the house down. It would have felt great to be able to do that at WrestleMania in front of all those people. You have to ultimately think about it as a business. If someone comes in, and people are going to tune in to watch them, that's why they're there. That's part of the game.
  • m. inferno
    edited August 2011
    Options
    As noted late last night here on the website, Chris Jericho tweeted the following to CM Punk concerning his RAW reference: “Everyone is so excited that @CMPunk mentioned me on Raw. Newsflash…I don’t give a ? . Mind ur own business and stop rippin me off Punk.”

In an update on this, one WWE source notes that Jericho has been pitching for himself to work with Punk at WrestleMania next year. Additionally, we can confirm that this reaction is storyline oriented, and there is no real bad blood between Punk and Jericho following RAW.
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    m. inferno wrote: »
    As noted late last night here on the website, Chris Jericho tweeted the following to CM Punk concerning his RAW reference: “Everyone is so excited that @CMPunk mentioned me on Raw. Newsflash…I don’t give a ? . Mind ur own business and stop rippin me off Punk.”

In an update on this, one WWE source notes that Jericho has been pitching for himself to work with Punk at WrestleMania next year. Additionally, we can confirm that this reaction is storyline oriented, and there is no real bad blood between Punk and Jericho following RAW.

So apparently, the inevitable will happen and Jericho will return to face Punk at 'Mania because Cena is already locked into a match with Rock.

But he's going about it in a way that the Rock is going about keeping his feud with Cena alive.......via the internet.

The WWE is taking the phrase Internet Beef to a new level of reality.....
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    I think SD! needs ADR, not RAW. RAW already has such a good line up. Would suck to see ADR as the champ (on RAW, as of right now) and I have a feeling they'll change the look of the title for him.

yeah he'd look stupid with the fake ass spinner belt... In fact they ned to get rid of it altogether..but they keep it cuz its "Cena's Belt"
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Riggs went off.
  • m. inferno
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Amidst the chaos of the opening moments of the No. 1 Contender’s Diva Battle Royal on Monday's RAW, Gail Kim eliminated herself from the contest by hastily sliding under the bottom rope after striking Alicia Fox.

The WWE Diva was asked through Twitter to comment on her peculiar action; she admitted to leaving the match on purpose. Her reason behind the move was that she "was just checking to see if anyone was paying attention." She added that no one backstage noticed, calling it "sad," yet also "very amusing."

She added further comment this morning to defend her actions, writing: "oh and also on the contrary, I wasn't being a mark 4 myself I was being a good employee when ur told to get out of the ring in less than a min.I just did it the fastest way possible:)so really I saved some time!"

The former TNA Women's Knockout Champion also concurred with a follower stating that it's shame that WWE doesn't respect "true women wrestlers with talent." She responded, "Yes it is a shame I agree. I know it's a man's world but the women are just as important!"

Kim denied speculation this afternoon that she's trying to get fired by WWE.

She wrote, "Nooooo I'm not doing my best to get fired. Wrestling websites who like to make up news with their wild imagination...haha don't believe it.
  • m. inferno
    edited August 2011
    Options
    TMZ.com reports that the man accused of harassing WWE performer Maryse Ouellet has been legally banned from going anywhere close to her for the next three years.

L.A. County Superior Court granted a restraining order request filed by the WWE Diva against 61-year-old Lee Silber this morning. He is banned from going within 300 feet of Ouellet for the next three years.

Ouellet was accompanied to court by The Miz, her real-life boyfriend. The website adds that "on their way out of the courthouse, both WWE stars were pretty tight-lipped, but seemed satisfied with the result."

Ouellet claims Silber has been constantly harassing her-—leaving more than 50 "delusional voicemails" on her cell phone and sending her "increasingly scary letters." He also promised to track her down in Los Angeles and "take (her) to heaven with him."
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    C/S Gail Kim I'd smash and what she said was on point too...
  • m. inferno
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Amazing Red announced this afternoon on his Twitter account that he has parted ways with TNA Wrestling. He cites creative differences for his departure from the organization.

Red wrote, "Heys Guyz, I just wanted to let Ya kno 1st...TNA & I parted ways do to the "creative has nothing for you" line, so we r gonna future endeavor each other right now.

"Thanks to my @ImpactWrestling famo & fans... Now "On to the Next one" (Jay-Z)."

Red, however, is still listed as a member of the TNA Wrestling roster on the organization's official website.

Max Buck, who too parted ways with TNA, reacted to Red's announcement with the following: "Within a year, you've now lost (Jay Lethal), (Jeremy Buck), (Max Buck), & (Amazing Red). C'mon now."

Red wrote in the response, "Weird huh, (X-Division run)."

Red had been appearing as Sangriento as well as himself in recent months.
  • m. inferno
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Husky Harris has been removed from WWE.com's RAW Superstars page. He is, however, still under contract to WWE as he is still listed as a member of Florida Championship Wrestling.

Harris last appeared on WWE programming on the January 31, 2011 episode of Raw as he and Michael McGillicutty unsuccessfully challenged Santino Marella and Vladimir Kozlov for the WWE Tag Team Championship. Following the bout, Randy Orton attacked both individuals for costing him the opportunity to recapture the WWE Championship in an earlier match, and punted Harris in the head. This was a scripted injury to write the second generation wrestler off television and demote him to developmental.

Harris resurfaced in FCW as the hockey mask-wearing character Axl Mulligan but has since appeared as himself
  • m. inferno
    edited August 2011
    Options
    There have been talks within the WWE office about possibly bringing ? Foley back for a major match at WrestleMania 28 next year. When Foley was granted his release from TNA, part of the agreement was that he could not appear on WWE TV until his contract would have expired, which is in September.

-- ? Foley noted on Twitter that he was considering an offer to appear on ABC's Wife Swap reality series. He asked fans what they thought, and more than half of the feedback seemed against it. Foley noted that he had a decision to make.

WWE developmental Diva Catalina White is pregnant. She is the wife of SmackDown! star Jack Swagger.

-- The WWE SummerSlam pay-per-view from Los Angeles is not sold out as of this writing. RAW next week in San Jose has 6,000 tickets sold as of today.

-- The cities of St. Louis and Toronto are being considered for the 2012 WWE Royal Rumble PPV. The show airs on Sunday, January 19th.
  • m. inferno
    edited August 2011
    Options
    WWE SummerSlam is less than two weeks away - and only four matches have been announced for the show thus far:

WWE Championship Unification Match
    John Cena vs. CM Punk

No Holds Barred Match for the World Heavyweight Title
    Christian (c) vs. Randy Orton

WWE Divas Title Match
    Kelly Kelly (c) vs. Beth Phoenix

Sheamus vs. Mark Henry (Will be announced on SmackDown)

According to our WWE sources, the following matches are also very likely to appear on the card:

The Miz vs. Rey Mysterio

Alberto Del Rio vs. Kofi Kingston

Dolph Ziggler vs. Alex Riley

Ezekiel Jackson vs. Cody Rhodes

Daniel Bryan vs. Wade Barrett
  • m. inferno
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The collection of CM Punk's TNA matches collection is now online at www.tnaondemand.com.

-- The October 2011 issue of WWE Magazine teases a possible return for The Undertaker at the October pay-per-view event Vengeance.

"On October 23 Vengeance rises from the grave in the form of an all new Pay Per View. What better time and place for The Undertaker to make his return to a WWE ring? After all, it was a year and a day to the date that the Deadman lost a Buried Alive match to Kane with the aid of the Nexus at 2010′s Bragging Rights. The Phenom hasn't come calling for revenge on that score (some streak got in the way) So if we were Kane or Wade Barrett, we’d watch our backs come October. And if you happen to hear the ominous gong, you’ll know the bell indeed tolls for thee."

Former WWE Superstar Edge did a media call this week to promote his upcoming appearances on the hit SyFy show Haven.

Here are some highlights of what Edge said about:

Returning To WWE:

- He doesn’t know if he wants to but hasn’t been contacted by WWE. He feels it’s too soon at this point to return and says he stuck around for a bit after first retiring for the Christian storyline.

- Edge said he’s not in contact with WWE. He said it’s nothing personal, everyone is just busy. He still keeps in contact with his friends who are on the road.

Appearing At SummerSlam:

- He will be appearing at SummerSlam Axxess but won’t be appearing on the pay-per-view later that night. He said by the time the pay-per-view is going on, he will be headed back to the hotel to wait on Dolph Ziggler and Christian to have some sushi.

His Acting Career:

- He’s open to more acting projects in the future but isn’t aggressively pursuing them. He made it clear that he didn’t leave wrestling to go into acting and would still be wrestling if he were able to.

Working For WWE Behind The Scenes:

- Edge said he’s not sure if he would even consider it, maybe in 5 or 10 years. He talked about being that close to wrestling without actually being able to perform might be something he doesn’t enjoy. He added that the travel of an agent job would probably turn him away and said when he travels, his neck hurts, plus he doesn’t want to wake up in a different city anymore.

CM Punk's Recent Storyline & Life After Wrestling:

- He hasn’t been following the CM Punk storyline on RAW but does DVR SmackDown to see the Christian storyline. He said since he can’t wrestle, he feels watching it right now may be “a little funky.” He said he’s trying to step into everyday life and not have wrestling be a part of it all the time. He said he will never be ashamed of Edge and where it got him, but doesn’t want to be Edge 24/7.

Entering The Hall Of Fame One Day:

* Regarding the WWE Hall of Fame, he said he would not turn down the offer and Christian inducting him would be a no-brainer.
  • m. inferno
    edited August 2011
    Options
    WWE announced its 2nd quarter financial results on Thursday - including the pay--er-view buyrates for WrestleMania, Extreme Rules, Over The Limit and Capitol Punishment.

WWE did a total of 1,598,000 pay-per-view buys in the second quarter of 2011, mostly due to the 1,059,000 buys from WrestleMania 27.

* Extreme Rules 2011 did 209,000 buys, up from 182,000 in 2010.

* Over the Limit 2011 did 140,000 buys, down from 197,000 in 2010.

* Capitol Punishment 2011 scored 170,000 buys, up from Fatal 4 Way doing 143,000 in 2010.

Comparing the 2011 pay-per-views in this quarter to Q2 2010, if you take WrestleMania 27 out of the equasion, up against the 2010 events, 2011's 2nd quarter drew 519,000 buys compared to 522,000 in 2010.
  • The_Recruiter
    The_Recruiter Members Posts: 289
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Gail Kim is great but I'm was marking out for Beth Phoenix to win...or Eve.

ADR v Kofi....I wanna see that.

I'm sooo ? sick of John Cena its not even funny

And this past RAW they finally remembered that Santino was alive. Love that dude lol
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Diva Says She Has Quit WWE
    By Daniel Pena
    Aug 5, 2011 - 1:44:29 PM

Gail Kim announced this afternoon on Twitter that she has quit WWE.

She wrote, "Hey I just wanted every1 to know that I officially quit WWE on monday. So thank u wwe fans! This won't be the last u see of me. Love u guys."

She is, however, still listed as a member of the Raw roster on WWE.com.

Amidst the chaos of the opening moments of the No. 1 Contender’s Diva Battle Royal on Monday's Raw, Kim eliminated herself from the contest by hastily sliding under the bottom rope after striking Alicia Fox. She was then asked to comment on her peculiar action and admitted to leaving the match on purpose. Her reason behind the move was that she "was just checking to see if anyone was paying attention." She added that no one backstage noticed, calling it "sad," yet also "very amusing."

Kim then denied speculation that she was trying to get fired by WWE, writing, "Nooooo I'm not doing my best to get fired. Wrestling websites who like to make up news with their wild imagination...haha don't believe it."
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    She's gonna go back to TNA?
  • Ishi
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Gail Kim a real female wrestler WWE diva game been a joke.
  • The_Recruiter
    The_Recruiter Members Posts: 289
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Gail going back to TNA? Damn it'd be like she making a full circle.

Maybe she should go wrestle overseas. Pull a MVP
  • Ishi
    edited August 2011
    Options
    What she needs to do is quit period and do porn....

Commit that gail
  • m. inferno
    edited August 2011
    Options
    During the WWE house show last night in Salt lake City, some of the crew got banged up. Here are the details…

* Dolph Ziggler suffered a pulled abdominal muscle. At this time, it is believed that he will work through the injury.

* The reported Rey Mysterio knee injury, which was suffered during a match with Alberto Del Rio, is legit. They cut the match and went right to the finish.

* There is no word regarding Mysterio working tonight's show, but the latest news is that he tweaked the knee.

- Some notes on the WWE Summerslam commercial. Chris Masters is featured in the commercial, he was released yesterday. Sin Cara is also in the commercial, and at this time he is suspended, and not expected to be on the card. He is supposed to return to Smackdown next week. The Miz and Kofi Kingston, along with the Bellas are also featured. The Miz is expected to be added to the card, and Kofi Kingston may face Alberto Del Rio on the show.

The Miz, who held the WWE Championship for 160 days, has been named number one in Pro Wrestling Illustrated's "PWI 500″ list for 2011.

The list, which is now in its 21st year, ranks the top 500 professional wrestlers in the world. The criteria for the list is as follows: "Our staff compiled this list using criteria that included win-loss record, championships won, quality of competition, major feuds, prominence within their individual promotion(s), and overall wrestling ability. The list only considers a wrestler's accomplishments during the period spanning June 1, 2010, through May 31, 2011."
  • m. inferno
    edited August 2011
    Options
    WWE announced on Friday's episode of SmackDown that Sin Cara returns to action on next week's show, which would indicate that he is returning prior to serving the full length of his 30-day suspension for a violation of the organization's Talent Wellness Program. To get around their self-imposed ruling, there is talk that developmental wrestler Hunico will portray Sin Cara at live events until the SmackDown Superstar's suspension is levied on August 17—the day following a SmackDown taping in Bakersfield, California.

Sin Cara was written off television at Money in the Bank, as he was booked to sustain a storyline injury during SmackDown’s Money in the Bank Match. WWE claimed he suffered a posterior fractured rib and would be sidelined for at least four weeks.

A clip of Sheamus powerbombing the masked wrestler from the ring apron through a steel ladder aired last night to explain his absence.
  • m. inferno
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Some tabloids are reporting that after Stacy Keibler cryptically wrote on Twitter how much fun she was having in Lake Como, Italy, a resort area George Clooney reigns over, the reclusive A-list actor told her to pack her bags and leave.

The former Miss Hancock has since returned to the United States as she was spotted Thursday at Los Angeles International Airport fresh off a flight.

Life & Style reported Wednesday that Clooney had begun dating the former WWE Diva after recently splitting from model Elisabetta Canali. His rep, however, told Yahoo's The Famous blog that he had not heard of the alleged romance.

"George is finishing his movie and I haven't had any way to reach him for the past several weeks," Stan Rosenfield told The Baltimore Sun, noting that Clooney never talks about his personal life.

Another source added that his "fling is purely for fun."

I would take this with a grain of salt as gossip sites are known to exaggerate stories. It's also possible Keibler simply flew home to deal with other commitments.