smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    MECCA1000 wrote: »
    Melle Mel should own this thread!

AND THIS AIN'T EVEN A SHOT @5GRAND

I will let him have his legend status but impo, his resume is not enough for a pass

Hell, I let LL off the hook for Exit 13 .....it took a few years lol but I gave him a pass

Name an MC from that era that has a better resume
    Melle Mel should own this thread!

AND THIS AIN'T EVEN A SHOT @5GRAND

I will let him have his legend status but impo, his resume is not enough for a pass

Hell, I let LL off the hook for Exit 13 .....it took a few years lol but I gave him a pass

Name an MC from that era that has a better resume

You ever heard of Kool Moe Dee?

First of all, Melle Mel >>> Kool Moe Dee

Second of all, its not like there can only be one legend from that era. Melle Mel, Kool Moe Dee, Grandmaster Caz, Spoonie G, Kurtis Blow and Chief Rocker Busy Bee are all legends. They all brought something different to the game and are all first round hall of famers.

Pfft. Does Melle Mel even have one decent full length album? Kool Moe Dee >>>>>>
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »
    RZA
    Jigga

Elaborate on Hov
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Busta Lettin Them LOL's Go To His Head

giphy.gif
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    Cain wrote: »
    Pac - the father to the fatherless

Mac Dre - regional wack ? bars were trash

BTNH - they created mumble mouth and sing song ? ? music

Big L- never got the hype he was aight ? reminded me of Mouse from the Jamie Fox show RIP tho

3 6 Mafia - They're the Bizarro Wu-Tanf Clan. All of them are wack

3-6 influenced the game more than Wu-Tang OG.

How?

All that crunk, trap, and drill ? you hear now.... 3-6 did it on mystic stylez in the early 90s before the terms was even coined. Who is the most popular group runnin right now? Migos right? Right.....RIP Lord infamous.

And the Wu made it so that you can sign as a group on one label and then sign solo deals on another label, that was unheard of for hip hop artists at the time.

What does that have to do with gauging whether an act is trash or not, bruh?

What does 3-6 Mafia "creating Crunk and Drill music" have to do with gauging whether an act is trash or not?
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    nawledge_? wrote: »
    Busta Lettin Them LOL's Go To His Head

giphy.gif

Lmao old thread bro.

And I was deadass when I made it.

Ice-T is ? cheeks and has always been
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    3-6 been ? butt cheeks though
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HONESTLY...
    ALL OF THEM GET A PASS TO A CERTAIN EXTENT...
    THEY'RE NOT VIEWED AS "COMPETITIVE" ARTISTS...
    MOST ARE HAPPY TO STILL GET AN ALBUM OR EVEN A VERSE FROM AN ARTIST W/ A STORIED PAST...
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whats wrong with giving a rapper/singer/musician a pass if he made legendary music?

Bruce Springsteen still sells out stadiums and he hasn't had a hit in years.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whats wrong with giving a rapper/singer/musician a pass if he made legendary music?

I don't have a problem with it. I just call a ? a ? . ? been making garbage for 20 years I can't take that from them
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Big L- never got the hype he was aight ? reminded me of Mouse from the Jamie Fox show RIP tho

3 6 Mafia - They're the Bizarro Wu-Tang Clan. All of them are wack

CS everything but Bone and 3 6
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    jono wrote: »

I don't have a problem with it. I just call a ? a ? . ? been making garbage for 20 years I can't take that from them

Lmao riight

Tim Dog and Ice-T never been nice nice on the mic. But hip hop still respects them because they are veterans.

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Guru

Premo is right there as my favorite producer ever, but Guru does nothing for me as a mc. Monotonous, boring, and average lyrically imo. CL Smooth is nicer and I don't hear people calling him a legend.
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How?

All that crunk, trap, and drill ? you hear now.... 3-6 did it on mystic stylez in the early 90s before the terms was even coined. Who is the most popular group runnin right now? Migos right? Right.....RIP Lord infamous.

And the Wu made it so that you can sign as a group on one label and then sign solo deals on another label, that was unheard of for hip hop artists at the time.

And where is they money at? Now… they got signed as a group because it was cheaper till they realized that wasn't going to work so they sought out to get individual signings your talking like the labels though of the idea… well it was unheard of artist selling they own ? an getin full profit well yea tha south did that play boy
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How?

What does that have to do with gauging whether an act is trash or not, bruh?

What does 3-6 Mafia "creating Crunk and Drill music" have to do with gauging whether an act is trash or not?

An obvious influence that's still seen today...
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TayGettem wrote: »
    TayGettem wrote: »
    I feel what u saying but I feel more like the legends get a pass when it comes to getting compared to knew cats.
    ? act like this old cats haven't lost a step in rap and can out rap or wash all this new cats out which isn't the case
    The games changed and rappers have gotten better
    Hell Larry bird scored 647 3pointers his entire 13yr career
    Curry done scored 687 3pointers since 2013 season
    ? changes so to sit here and say the Wu-Tang and KRS-One can out rap ? like Cole, Kendrick, Big Sean even Drake is hilarious
    Old cats just live off nostalgic times and don't wanna pass the torch or even admit Jay and Nas ain't as good as they use to be and might can't out rap this young ? no more

Why couldnt method man out rap drake or kendric lamar

Im not saying he couldn't he was just a example what I'm sayin is ? act like the best rappers from the past could all survive in the rap game today.
    Some of this rappers y'all praise ain't touched a mic in a decade but y'all still act like they could out rap whoever whenever ? ridiculous

I.E. KRS-1 being dumb, bitter and fame hungry enough to get into a worthless battle with Nelly. First of all a true legend wouldnt waste time battling a clown like Nelly. Rakim would never trade words with Souljah Boy.

KRS put himself in a lose lose situation by being an old ass man who hadnt had a hit in a generation and battling a crossover pop rapper on his turf. Nobody who faithfully watched 106 and Park back in 2002 had a clue who KRS-1 was and there was no way in hell he was going to convince them to ride with him. The battlefield had changed from underground tapes to corporate mass media and Kris was totally oblivious. Anything less than a scortched earth, career ending, 50 vs Ja Rule like demolition would be seen as a loss and even if he somehow won nobody would care b/c he was supposed to. The fact that Kris called for a boycott of Nellyville and it ended up going 6x platinum made it even worse.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

not the same thing.
  • StreetRap
    StreetRap Members Posts: 416
    Options
    Snoop get's a pass bruh
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay Z. He's a corny crossover pop culture rapper who has built his career off biting and recycling old Biggie lines.
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    Jay Z. He's a corny crossover pop culture rapper who has built his career off biting and recycling old Biggie lines.

Stahp it!!!
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lil ? opinion
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    Hov and Bone gets a pass and they're wack? SMH only on the IC

The guys I named in the op are legit snooze fest and no one has them in their top ten or has ever asked them to spit something.

No one has ever been hype to hear them on a feature, if anything we fast forward KRS and Ice-T verses.
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On mf point broski ofn

Reasonable Doubt- copy az,nas,bigl,raekwon.

Vol1 copy diddy mase big
    Vol2 copy ruff ryders mase philly
    Dynasty- copy the west coast movement at that time
    Vol3 copy state prop down south
    Blue print was sequel to young guns tough luv
    Bp2 well I stop ? wit tha ? by then

So were is jay z originality ?
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On mf point broski ofn

Vol1 copy diddy mase big

Mindblowing........
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    On mf point broski ofn

Vol1 copy diddy mase big

Wow...

Lmao nah