Better Diss on 1.30.16 Meek vs Drake (WWE 2k16 Match inside)

Options

Comments

• ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How can you say you're tired of Meek always talking about money, being tough, and Nikki...yet not be tired of Drake simping, talking on how he's that ? , and being Canada's savior? I don't get it. Drake's subject matter don't really stray from those three main topics
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How can you say you're tired of Meek always talking about money, being tough, and Nikki...yet not be tired of Drake simping, talking on how he's that ? , and being Canada's savior? I don't get it. Drake's subject matter don't really stray from those three main topics

Cuz meek is a yellin ass ?
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek Mill - 'War'
    Back on topic..

According to the poll (which is a blowout) Meek Milly has the better record..

Side note: Both them DC4 ep's are on point,
    this drake situation lit a fire under Meeks ass, he seem hungry again..
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Drake put together witty lines in his disses meek did not. He bragged about money and nikki. Stop acting slow
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek Mill - 'War'
    aneed123 wrote: »

Drake put together witty lines in his disses meek did not. He bragged about money and nikki. Stop acting slow

What exactly did drake say that was soooooo witty ??
    No shade.. Just curious..
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

All I heard was more of being that ? and being canada's savior in that diss. Nothing witty about it. Chris brown with the dance moves? Bigger pool than ye'? I mean...
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    Tbf you don't know what Young Chris did or didn't ghostwrite for Jay. The difference is the disloyalty in the circle.

Just cuz a player doesn't get caught don't mean he wasn't cheating also.

So now we're speculating in FAVOR of fraudulent activity?

Why???

Arent you speculating also? The only thingyou have real evidence is what was exposed. Everything else is speculation also unless you can verify it. You can't say for sure either way 100%. Most people didnt even know Dr Dre had ghostwriters til Jermain Dupri was beefing with him and Timbo and JD exposed it on the 106 n park couch in the summer of 2001 talking to Free n AJ and all you can hear is a gasp from the whole crowd.

Addition to that it should only upset those who thoght Drake was somewhat nice in the first place. If you thought he was wack and you dont ? with him, why do you care? Cuz his fans do?

? pick and choose and pretend so much here. Make arguments based on facts without exaggerating and assuming, and you'll get a counter or discussion in agreement of equal quality.

There is no speculation here.

The amount of tangible evidence that has mounted against Drake is unlike anything ever seen before in the game, let alone word of mouth.

There isn't a shred of evidence supporting a Young Chris / Hov theory, let alone conjecture from inside the industry. Stop.

The problem here is the precedent being set. For the millionth time. You cannot claim greatness over wax, without writing your own greatness. And Drake is a large enough artist were, if people dismiss him for doing it, then it becomes the norm.

@ the bold...stop. No it's not. ? got a couple reference verses. Ain't like you got evidence of all his albums, mixtapes, and features being ghostwritten. That'd be never before seen. There's been more evidence against rappers for doing worse ? than having a song like "10 Bands" ghostwritten for them.

Stop it, B. @ bolded is irrelevent, and your reflecting from the issue at hand. What worse ? ? I'm talking about the craft. What exactly is worse then a rapper not writing his own raps in the game of rap.

We don't need the full discography for this to be the heaviest, credible accusation of ghostwriting in Hip-Hop to date. Name another incident. Just the few records we got off of IYRTITL is more then we've ever had. Those were literally the best records he had on the tape. Majid Jordan just yesterday confirming Coming Home. Kia Shine, whom I didn't even believe, on Best I Ever Had.

Ya'll need every single reference track off of every single album to be dropped for you to see some suspect ? is afoot? Are you joking? We have enough.

Majid Jordan ? ain't new news. It's been known they wrote that song...but to answer your question Twista just admitted to doing ? that was ghostwritten for him. Album credits on Dre's new album shows Ice Cube didn't write his ? . Snoop has had known ghostwriters for a while now. Literally the 1st song to make rap popular has a ghost written verse where the dude doing the verse literally spells out the ghostwriter's name. There's plenty of examples of rappers who people rightfully hold in higher regard than Drake having ghost written verses far worse than "10 bands"...that's what I meant in my post. Unless you about to tell me Twista ain't a better rapper than Drake then him admitting to having ? written for him is a far worse offense to the craft of being an MC than the ? Drake did.

1. Twista's ? was not an exposure with tangible reference tracks. It was an admittance, and he NEVER gained the critical / commercial acclaim Drake has, so the impact isn't even close. We had Twista fans in that thread heartbroken. He isn't excempt from the rule.
    2. Dre isn't even considered an MC. This has been discussed several hundred times on these forums.
    3. Cube doesn't talk about being the greatest MC / rapper over wax.
    4. Neither does Snoop.

Drake was considered a lyricists and totes himself as such. None of that is worse then this ? with Drake. None of those incidents came with referential material. They barely even matter, aside from Twista because none of them are considered top lyricists or commercial entities.

I didn't mention Dre as a rapper, I said the album credits showed Cube didn't write his lyrics...and Cube did and does talk ? about being one of the best to ever do it. Where the hell you been when he gets to talking about his rap career? ? so does Snoop and you're blind if you think Snoop's brand isn't a top commercial entity in rap music, hell pop culture in general.

As for the Twista thing, I never said he was exempt from the rule I said if you're talking about the craft of being an MC, which Twista is much better at than Drake, then him admitting to having had ? ghostwritten for him should be more of a big deal. Ya'll always talk about it ain't about commercial sales and it being about the art of your pen game, but now Twista having a ghostwriter ain't as big of a deal because he's no as big a pop star as Drake?
  • alex_the_lion
    alex_the_lion Members Posts: 52 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn look some people are singers, some are songwriters, some are both. Change "sing" to "rap" and there you go. Not saying ? is respectable but that's the music industry for ya. It ain't nothing new. Move on ? , get a life.
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? is still going on? *Yawn*

Ill take eazy e reading a ghostwritten verse over meek or drake anyday of the week....maybe both them guys should hire ice cube and ren to write for them *shrugs*
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek Mill - 'War'
    Tbf you don't know what Young Chris did or didn't ghostwrite for Jay. The difference is the disloyalty in the circle.

Why???

Arent you speculating also? The only thingyou have real evidence is what was exposed. Everything else is speculation also unless you can verify it. You can't say for sure either way 100%. Most people didnt even know Dr Dre had ghostwriters til Jermain Dupri was beefing with him and Timbo and JD exposed it on the 106 n park couch in the summer of 2001 talking to Free n AJ and all you can hear is a gasp from the whole crowd.

Addition to that it should only upset those who thoght Drake was somewhat nice in the first place. If you thought he was wack and you dont ? with him, why do you care? Cuz his fans do?

? pick and choose and pretend so much here. Make arguments based on facts without exaggerating and assuming, and you'll get a counter or discussion in agreement of equal quality.

The amount of tangible evidence that has mounted against Drake is unlike anything ever seen before in the game, let alone word of mouth.

There isn't a shred of evidence supporting a Young Chris / Hov theory, let alone conjecture from inside the industry. Stop.

The problem here is the precedent being set. For the millionth time. You cannot claim greatness over wax, without writing your own greatness. And Drake is a large enough artist were, if people dismiss him for doing it, then it becomes the norm.

@ the bold...stop. No it's not. ? got a couple reference verses. Ain't like you got evidence of all his albums, mixtapes, and features being ghostwritten. That'd be never before seen. There's been more evidence against rappers for doing worse ? than having a song like "10 Bands" ghostwritten for them.

Stop it, B. @ bolded is irrelevent, and your reflecting from the issue at hand. What worse ? ? I'm talking about the craft. What exactly is worse then a rapper not writing his own raps in the game of rap.

We don't need the full discography for this to be the heaviest, credible accusation of ghostwriting in Hip-Hop to date. Name another incident. Just the few records we got off of IYRTITL is more then we've ever had. Those were literally the best records he had on the tape. Majid Jordan just yesterday confirming Coming Home. Kia Shine, whom I didn't even believe, on Best I Ever Had.

Ya'll need every single reference track off of every single album to be dropped for you to see some suspect ? is afoot? Are you joking? We have enough.

Majid Jordan ? ain't new news. It's been known they wrote that song...but to answer your question Twista just admitted to doing ? that was ghostwritten for him. Album credits on Dre's new album shows Ice Cube didn't write his ? . Snoop has had known ghostwriters for a while now. Literally the 1st song to make rap popular has a ghost written verse where the dude doing the verse literally spells out the ghostwriter's name. There's plenty of examples of rappers who people rightfully hold in higher regard than Drake having ghost written verses far worse than "10 bands"...that's what I meant in my post. Unless you about to tell me Twista ain't a better rapper than Drake then him admitting to having ? written for him is a far worse offense to the craft of being an MC than the ? Drake did.

1. Twista's ? was not an exposure with tangible reference tracks. It was an admittance, and he NEVER gained the critical / commercial acclaim Drake has, so the impact isn't even close. We had Twista fans in that thread heartbroken. He isn't excempt from the rule.
    2. Dre isn't even considered an MC. This has been discussed several hundred times on these forums.
    4. Neither does Snoop.

Drake was considered a lyricists and totes himself as such. None of that is worse then this ? with Drake. None of those incidents came with referential material. They barely even matter, aside from Twista because none of them are considered top lyricists or commercial entities.

I didn't mention Dre as a rapper, I said the album credits showed Cube didn't write his lyrics...and Cube did and does talk ? about being one of the best to ever do it. Where the hell you been when he gets to talking about his rap career? ? so does Snoop and you're blind if you think Snoop's brand isn't a top commercial entity in rap music, hell pop culture in general.

As for the Twista thing, I never said he was exempt from the rule I said if you're talking about the craft of being an MC, which Twista is much better at than Drake, then him admitting to having had ? ghostwritten for him should be more of a big deal. Ya'll always talk about it ain't about commercial sales and it being about the art of your pen game, but now Twista having a ghostwriter ain't as big of a deal because he's no as big a pop star as Drake?

Who is yall ? ? I know what you said. I have always maintained there needs to be a healthy balance between commercial success and talent for a ? to be considered the top echleon of rap. Snoop does not have both. Dre does not have both. Cube does not really have both either (not everyone considers Cube to be a lyricist).

There is no general consensus about Twista being a top 10 like there is for maybe a Jay or Nas. And his mainstream appeal was never that high. When ? say the bolded, they don't mean commercial success doesn't matter AT ALL. They are saying it takes a backseat to the pen game. You know this, stop feigning ignorance. Twista's ? is still a problem. But because he doesnt have BOTH, the impact is not nearly as severe.
  • blackrain
    edited February 2016
    Options

Why???

4. Neither does Snoop.

Who is yall ? ? I know what you said. I have always maintained there needs to be a healthy balance between commercial success and talent for a ? to be considered the top echleon of rap. Snoop does not have both. Dre does not have both. Cube does not really have both either (not everyone considers Cube to be a lyricist).

There is no general consensus about Twista being a top 10 like there is for maybe a Jay or Nas. And his mainstream appeal was never that high. When ? say the bolded, they don't mean commercial success doesn't matter AT ALL. They are saying it takes a backseat to the pen game. You know this, stop feigning ignorance. Twista's ? is still a problem. But because he doesnt have BOTH, the impact is not nearly as severe.

You specifically said in your post the craft of rapping. Commercial appeal has nothing to do with how good someone is at the actual craft of rapping and rappers writing their own raps. Strictly the art of being a writer. Not how high commercial or mainstream appeal is. I'm not feigning ignorance I'm using the standards you set with you own words. I don't see anything wrong with considering commercial appeal a part of what makes a person's top 10 list or what makes a rapper "better" than another to other people but if you specifically say you're talking about the art of rapping itself then that list is going to change because the most commercially successful rappers aren't always the best....and why the hell do you keep mentioning Dre as a rapper? I clearly stated I never spoke on him as a rapper I spoke on how on his latest album what the album credits revealed about the guest rappers not Dre himself.
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options

How do u even know if Drake wrote that? Anything that Drake puts out has 2 b questioned including back2back ,& charged up...drizzy has been exposed as a style jackin non writing milli vanilli & that's not h8 or a opinion that is a fact
  • sr_the_freshman
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Meek Mill - 'War'
    Dawg, you are grasping at straws at this point.
    When I made that statement, it was in direct response to you talking ambiguously about there being worse ? to be exposed of, implying you were about to get into some extra ? outside of the realm of rap.

I said the craft. Full stop. I didn't pigeon hole what the craft was.
    That means your fundamentals from rap ability, to your ability to be able to craft and sell the album. To your ability to battle your peers.

The whole ? with rapping ability taking precedence which Drake is being called out on. The entire craft.

You keep trying to push this to either one end of the spectrum or the other (lyrics OR commercial success). That is not what I've been doing.

Jay is top 5 because he can rap, and has had commercial success.
    Nas is top 5 because he can rap, and has had commercial success.
    Biggie is top 5 because he can rap and has had commercial success.
    Pac is top 5 because he can rap and has had commercial success.

Either you genuinely misunderstood me, or your trying to pigeon hole the discussion.
  • blackrain
    edited February 2016
    Options
    When I made that statement, it was in direct response to you talking ambiguously about there being worse ? to be exposed of, implying you were about to get into some extra ? outside of the realm of rap.

That means your fundamentals from rap ability, to your ability to be able to craft and sell the album. To your ability to battle your peers.

The whole ? with rapping ability taking precedence which Drake is being called out on. The entire craft.

You keep trying to push this to either one end of the spectrum or the other (lyrics OR commercial success). That is not what I've been doing.

Either you genuinely misunderstood me, or your trying to pigeon hole the discussion.

Your words, no editing. No mention of commercial success, just the ability of a rapper writing all of their own raps. Then I bring up that rappers who we all acknowledge as better MC's than Drake also having had ghostwritten material then you start to mention it's not as big of an impact because Drake has more commercial success. You moved the goal post on your own. I wasn't being ambiguous I was very specific in that there's been worse ? done in rap than having mediocre songs ghostwritten for you. If you're talking about a verse like say Drake's "Aston Martin Music" or "Lord Knows" where it's clear he's trying to flex his ability as an MC that's a big deal. Repeating "10 Bands" for 3 1/2 minutes over a beat really isn't the worst of the worst when it comes to ? that's been ghostwritten in the history of rap. That's what I meant. ? ? til this day still accuse Jay of having ghostwriters and stealing Young Chris' whole style during an era where. That to me is a bigger accusation than somebody ghostwriting that ? Drake spit.
  • sr_the_freshman
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Meek Mill - 'War'

Your words, no editing. No mention of commercial success, just the ability of a rapper writing all of their own raps. Then I bring up that rappers who we all acknowledge as better MC's than Drake also having had ghostwritten material then you start to mention it's not as big of an impact because Drake has more commercial success. You moved the goal post on your own. I wasn't being ambiguous I was very specific in that there's been worse ? done in rap than having mediocre songs ghostwritten for you. If you're talking about a verse like say Drake's "Aston Martin Music" or "Lord Knows" where it's clear he's trying to flex his ability as an MC that's a big deal. Repeating "10 Bands" for 3 1/2 minutes over a beat really isn't the worst of the worst when it comes to ? that's been ghostwritten in the history of rap. That's what I meant. ? ? til this day still accuse Jay of having ghostwriters and stealing Young Chris' whole style during an era where. That to me is a bigger accusation than somebody ghostwriting that ? Drake spit.

No ? , try again. This is not me pigeon holing the discussion into simply lyrics.
    The craft encompasses everything. This is simply me stating that the worst ? you can do in said craft is not write your own raps IE do your own work.

Even if that were the case, not all ? consider Cube, Dre, or Snoop more lyrical then Drake. This goes 10 fold for Snoop and Dre. There isnt a general consensus surrounding that ? at all. Twista is a different story.

You are trying to downplay this ? by calling 10 Bands, Know Yourself ect. mediocre records.
    They were the best records on that tape all around.
    Runnin through the six with my woes was the tagline of the entire ? tape.

You have 0 evidence supporting this ? with Young Chris, and you keep repeating it. The word of mouth surrounding that was minimal at best on top of that. If there was some shred of evidence, it would be bigger then this Drake situation. There isn't though. Drake's ? isn't a damn accusation, it is fact by now.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The funny thing is majority of ? say Ludacris cheated by having that promoter let him hear TI verse on Stomp but now ? is all good
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you kno wats funny these ? dont understan where not going hard for meek where goibg hard no ? hip-hop these niggaa bending over backwards for a ? who wont defend himself from being ? on
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    edited February 2016
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    The funny thing is majority of ? say Ludacris cheated by having that promoter let him hear TI verse on Stomp but now ? is all good

never heard this on the ic

or at all in general
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Meek Mill - 'War'
    Bro's.. When discussing the greats.. Or top 5.. ? with Ghost writers are never mentioned.. Snoop, Puff, etc. etc.. Drake was creeping into that conversation.. But now he's disqualified cuz he doesn't write his own raps.. I think this is a simple concept..

We know there are rappers that don't write all their raps.. And those cars have never been considered part of raps elite.. Despite their hit records.. But the elite cats.. You have to write your raps..

Thats it.. End of story... This isn't even debatable..
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

or at all in general

Not saying on the IG just dust off I think beef 3 lol and you'll see what I mean
  • blackrain
    Options

No ? , try again. This is not me pigeon holing the discussion into simply lyrics.
    The craft encompasses everything. This is simply me stating that the worst ? you can do in said craft is not write your own raps IE do your own work.

Even if that were the case, not all ? consider Cube, Dre, or Snoop more lyrical then Drake. This goes 10 fold for Snoop and Dre. There isnt a general consensus surrounding that ? at all. Twista is a different story.

You are trying to downplay this ? by calling 10 Bands, Know Yourself ect. mediocre records.
    They were the best records on that tape all around.
    Runnin through the six with my woes was the tagline of the entire ? tape.

You have 0 evidence supporting this ? with Young Chris, and you keep repeating it. The word of mouth surrounding that was minimal at best on top of that. If there was some shred of evidence, it would be bigger then this Drake situation. There isn't though. Drake's ? isn't a damn accusation, it is fact by now.

Why do keep mentioning Dre as a rapper? I clearly said I wasn't mentioning him as a rapper just what the album credits showed for other rappers on his album. I mentioned the Young Chris ? once and I brought it up to show how simply an accusation without any tangible proof can stick with any rapper once it's put out there which was my initial point when I said I'd like to see evidence that the songs where Drake is actually trying to flex his lyrical ability were ghostwritten and not just ? he threw out...I'm starting to think you're not even reading just responding.

In terms of impacts on hip hop culture and the art of being an MC Cube and Snoops influence far surpasses what Drake has done since 2009. Twista til this day still got people arguing over just how he's able to put together those bars he spit on Adrenaline Rush. So even using an all encompassing definition of a rapper beyond ability to write lyrics the only thing Drake has for sure over them is mere popularity at the moment. Everything else is up for debate.

Also who cares If those were the most popular songs from the tape? That don't make them ? better just means the best songs on a mediocre project were 2 or 3 mediocre songs. I'm not downplaying having a ghostwriter being a major offense I'm saying I need more than 2 reference records to show ALL his ? has been ghostwritten not just ? that really don't take much effort to put together.
  • blackrain
    Options

or at all in general

Nah that's been discussed before. Some do think Luda won that battle because he got to hear TI verse then respond on the same song. Though Luda does go hard at him on a couple of his intro tracks
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you kno wats funny these ? dont understan where not going hard for meek where goibg hard no ? hip-hop these niggaa bending over backwards for a ? who wont defend himself from being ? on

No we (well I understand) y'all ain't going hard for meek....its just y'all keep repeating yaselves in every Drake thread..... Like we get it he has ghostwritters his no longer considered in the topic of elite....but what are y'all tryin to prove by repeating this ? .... The only ones still sayin Drake is elite is Stans and we all know u can't change a stans mind.....so why keep debating ? we already know.....the general notion with the majority on Drake now is ya he has ghostwritters but we still gonna bump his ? ....the general notion on hip hop heads is fck Drake....the general notion with stans is we love Drake no matter what.....so why we still tlkin abt it like u really changing something we already know
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek Mill - 'War'
    One thing I will say for us older cats that came up in the 90's.. We just gotta let this ? go.. It's a new day.. A new generation... We can't argue with these younger cats cuz their experiences are different from ours.. Example.. If a young ? say that KD is better than Jordan are we going to argue with the ? ?.. He obviously doesn't know what he's talking about.. We either need to educate and even with that the impact isn't the same.. (They won't experience ? in real time the way we did.. ) Or just let it go..

I'm feeling like we just need to let it go.. The generation after them will do them ? the same way lol..
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options

or at all in general

Nah that's been discussed before. Some do think Luda won that battle because he got to hear TI verse then respond on the same song. Though Luda does go hard at him on a couple of his intro tracks

luda would of destroyed him regardless tho
This discussion has been closed.