Better Diss on 1.30.16 Meek vs Drake (WWE 2k16 Match inside)

Options

Comments

• Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thought there where only 3 reference tracks jesus christ
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek Mill - 'War'
    blackrain wrote: »
    Dawg, you are grasping at straws at this point.
    When I made that statement, it was in direct response to you talking ambiguously about there being worse ? to be exposed of, implying you were about to get into some extra ? outside of the realm of rap.

I said the craft. Full stop. I didn't pigeon hole what the craft was.
    That means your fundamentals from rap ability, to your ability to be able to craft and sell the album. To your ability to battle your peers.

The whole ? with rapping ability taking precedence which Drake is being called out on. The entire craft.

You keep trying to push this to either one end of the spectrum or the other (lyrics OR commercial success). That is not what I've been doing.

Jay is top 5 because he can rap, and has had commercial success.
    Nas is top 5 because he can rap, and has had commercial success.
    Biggie is top 5 because he can rap and has had commercial success.
    Pac is top 5 because he can rap and has had commercial success.

Either you genuinely misunderstood me, or your trying to pigeon hole the discussion.
    Stop it, B. @ bolded is irrelevent, and your reflecting from the issue at hand. What worse ? ? I'm talking about the craft. What exactly is worse then a rapper not writing his own raps in the game of rap.

Your words, no editing. No mention of commercial success, just the ability of a rapper writing all of their own raps. Then I bring up that rappers who we all acknowledge as better MC's than Drake also having had ghostwritten material then you start to mention it's not as big of an impact because Drake has more commercial success. You moved the goal post on your own. I wasn't being ambiguous I was very specific in that there's been worse ? done in rap than having mediocre songs ghostwritten for you. If you're talking about a verse like say Drake's "Aston Martin Music" or "Lord Knows" where it's clear he's trying to flex his ability as an MC that's a big deal. Repeating "10 Bands" for 3 1/2 minutes over a beat really isn't the worst of the worst when it comes to ? that's been ghostwritten in the history of rap. That's what I meant. ? ? til this day still accuse Jay of having ghostwriters and stealing Young Chris' whole style during an era where. That to me is a bigger accusation than somebody ghostwriting that ? Drake spit.

No ? , try again. This is not me pigeon holing the discussion into simply lyrics.
    The craft encompasses everything. This is simply me stating that the worst ? you can do in said craft is not write your own raps IE do your own work.

Even if that were the case, not all ? consider Cube, Dre, or Snoop more lyrical then Drake. This goes 10 fold for Snoop and Dre. There isnt a general consensus surrounding that ? at all. Twista is a different story.

You are trying to downplay this ? by calling 10 Bands, Know Yourself ect. mediocre records.
    They were the best records on that tape all around.
    Runnin through the six with my woes was the tagline of the entire ? tape.

You have 0 evidence supporting this ? with Young Chris, and you keep repeating it. The word of mouth surrounding that was minimal at best on top of that. If there was some shred of evidence, it would be bigger then this Drake situation. There isn't though. Drake's ? isn't a damn accusation, it is fact by now.

Why do keep mentioning Dre as a rapper? I clearly said I wasn't mentioning him as a rapper just what the album credits showed for other rappers on his album. I mentioned the Young Chris ? once and I brought it up to show how simply an accusation without any tangible proof can stick with any rapper once it's put out there which was my initial point when I said I'd like to see evidence that the songs where Drake is actually trying to flex his lyrical ability were ghostwritten and not just ? he threw out...I'm starting to think you're not even reading just responding.

In terms of impacts on hip hop culture and the art of being an MC Cube and Snoops influence far surpasses what Drake has done since 2009. Twista til this day still got people arguing over just how he's able to put together those bars he spit on Adrenaline Rush. So even using an all encompassing definition of a rapper beyond ability to write lyrics the only thing Drake has for sure over them is mere popularity at the moment. Everything else is up for debate.

Also who cares If those were the most popular songs from the tape? That don't make them ? better just means the best songs on a mediocre project were 2 or 3 mediocre songs. I'm not downplaying having a ghostwriter being a major offense I'm saying I need more than 2 reference records to show ALL his ? has been ghostwritten not just ? that really don't take much effort to put together.

Your talking around in circles and grasping at straws fam. The ? that your trying to introduce into the argument is 1000% irrelevent to the point.

1. Nobody considered that Young Chris ? stickable. It has never been taken seriously.

2. Songs he just "threw out"? That is a ? cop out if I ever saw one. If we have several reference records, we don't need the records to be specific to the ones in which he's flexin' over wax. Even if that were the case, Know Yourself is one of those records. He says something to the effect of "I'm the best" in everyone of these damn records.

You know how that should go

Don't ? with them ? , they too irrational, whoa
    This is that nasty flow
    Top boy in this ? , I'm so international

These aren't just ? records that are thrown together. Know Yourself was considered a hit single.

3. Your implication that Snoop and Cube's influence on the game outweighs Drake still does not take into consideration that they are not considered top 10. They are not considered lyricists. They are terrible examples. Drake is considered to be more lyrical then Snoop and Cube. That is a general consensus. From a cultural standpoint? Yeah NWA did that. But Cube STILL isnt considered top 10.

Twista? No, ? don't quite consider Drake a better spitter then Twista. But their is a recognition that Twista also lacks the mainstream appeal needed by a large margin for him to be considered GOAT. Drake, with the lyrical ability ? assumed he had was able to just get by to be considered top 10 until he was found to have ghostwriters.

If your going to try to debate me with this ? , then your gonna need to bring better overall rappers into the discussion because Cube and Snoop are not considered top 10 generally. They don't possess that lyrical prowess to be considered as such.
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    When I made that statement, it was in direct response to you talking ambiguously about there being worse ? to be exposed of, implying you were about to get into some extra ? outside of the realm of rap.

That means your fundamentals from rap ability, to your ability to be able to craft and sell the album. To your ability to battle your peers.

The whole ? with rapping ability taking precedence which Drake is being called out on. The entire craft.

You keep trying to push this to either one end of the spectrum or the other (lyrics OR commercial success). That is not what I've been doing.

Either you genuinely misunderstood me, or your trying to pigeon hole the discussion.
    Stop it, B. @ bolded is irrelevent, and your reflecting from the issue at hand. What worse ? ? I'm talking about the craft. What exactly is worse then a rapper not writing his own raps in the game of rap.

Your words, no editing. No mention of commercial success, just the ability of a rapper writing all of their own raps. Then I bring up that rappers who we all acknowledge as better MC's than Drake also having had ghostwritten material then you start to mention it's not as big of an impact because Drake has more commercial success. You moved the goal post on your own. I wasn't being ambiguous I was very specific in that there's been worse ? done in rap than having mediocre songs ghostwritten for you. If you're talking about a verse like say Drake's "Aston Martin Music" or "Lord Knows" where it's clear he's trying to flex his ability as an MC that's a big deal. Repeating "10 Bands" for 3 1/2 minutes over a beat really isn't the worst of the worst when it comes to ? that's been ghostwritten in the history of rap. That's what I meant. ? ? til this day still accuse Jay of having ghostwriters and stealing Young Chris' whole style during an era where. That to me is a bigger accusation than somebody ghostwriting that ? Drake spit.

No ? , try again. This is not me pigeon holing the discussion into simply lyrics.
    The craft encompasses everything. This is simply me stating that the worst ? you can do in said craft is not write your own raps IE do your own work.

Even if that were the case, not all ? consider Cube, Dre, or Snoop more lyrical then Drake. This goes 10 fold for Snoop and Dre. There isnt a general consensus surrounding that ? at all. Twista is a different story.

You are trying to downplay this ? by calling 10 Bands, Know Yourself ect. mediocre records.

You have 0 evidence supporting this ? with Young Chris, and you keep repeating it. The word of mouth surrounding that was minimal at best on top of that. If there was some shred of evidence, it would be bigger then this Drake situation. There isn't though. Drake's ? isn't a damn accusation, it is fact by now.

Why do keep mentioning Dre as a rapper? I clearly said I wasn't mentioning him as a rapper just what the album credits showed for other rappers on his album. I mentioned the Young Chris ? once and I brought it up to show how simply an accusation without any tangible proof can stick with any rapper once it's put out there which was my initial point when I said I'd like to see evidence that the songs where Drake is actually trying to flex his lyrical ability were ghostwritten and not just ? he threw out...I'm starting to think you're not even reading just responding.

In terms of impacts on hip hop culture and the art of being an MC Cube and Snoops influence far surpasses what Drake has done since 2009. Twista til this day still got people arguing over just how he's able to put together those bars he spit on Adrenaline Rush. So even using an all encompassing definition of a rapper beyond ability to write lyrics the only thing Drake has for sure over them is mere popularity at the moment. Everything else is up for debate.

Also who cares If those were the most popular songs from the tape? That don't make them ? better just means the best songs on a mediocre project were 2 or 3 mediocre songs. I'm not downplaying having a ghostwriter being a major offense I'm saying I need more than 2 reference records to show ALL his ? has been ghostwritten not just ? that really don't take much effort to put together.

Your talking around in circles and grasping at straws fam. The ? that your trying to introduce into the argument is 1000% irrelevent to the point.

1. Nobody considered that Young Chris ? stickable. It has never been taken seriously.

2. Songs he just "threw out"? That is a ? cop out if I ever saw one. If we have several reference records, we don't need the records to be specific to the ones in which he's flexin' over wax. Even if that were the case, Know Yourself is one of those records. He says something to the effect of "I'm the best" in everyone of these damn records.

This is that nasty flow

These aren't just ? records that are thrown together. Know Yourself was considered a hit single.

3. Your implication that Snoop and Cube's influence on the game outweighs Drake still does not take into consideration that they are not considered top 10. They are not considered lyricists. They are terrible examples. Drake is considered to be more lyrical then Snoop and Cube. That is a general consensus. From a cultural standpoint? Yeah NWA did that. But Cube STILL isnt considered top 10.

Twista? No, ? don't quite consider Drake a better spitter then Twista. But their is a recognition that Twista also lacks the mainstream appeal needed by a large margin for him to be considered GOAT. Drake, with the lyrical ability ? assumed he had was able to just get by to be considered top 10 until he was found to have ghostwriters.

If your going to try to debate me with this ? , then your gonna need to bring better overall rappers into the discussion because Cube and Snoop are not considered top 10 generally. They don't possess that lyrical prowess to be considered as such.

are your ? or something, cube's considered top 10 and even top 5 by a majority of hip hop fans, snoop has a top 10 hip hop album ever....both are considered better lyricists than drake....stop stanning, you look stupid

go back and listen to nwa and cube's first three albums, doesn't seem your knowledgeable enough to have a legit conversation with statements like that
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Meek Mill - 'War'
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    One thing I will say for us older cats that came up in the 90's.. We just gotta let this ? go.. It's a new day.. A new generation... We can't argue with these younger cats cuz their experiences are different from ours.. Example.. If a young ? say that KD is better than Jordan are we going to argue with the ? ?.. He obviously doesn't know what he's talking about.. We either need to educate and even with that the impact isn't the same.. (They won't experience ? in real time the way we did.. ) Or just let it go..

I'm feeling like we just need to let it go.. The generation after them will do them ? the same way lol..

My ? if KD used ? ' steroids, damn right Im'a argue with a ? who declares KD better then Jordan.

@bck145 I'm not even gonna entertain that ? . No the ? Cube and Snoop are not considered top 10 by general consensus. Snoop especially. Cube is debatable. How the ? am I stanning? For who?
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    One thing I will say for us older cats that came up in the 90's.. We just gotta let this ? go.. It's a new day.. A new generation... We can't argue with these younger cats cuz their experiences are different from ours.. Example.. If a young ? say that KD is better than Jordan are we going to argue with the ? ?.. He obviously doesn't know what he's talking about.. We either need to educate and even with that the impact isn't the same.. (They won't experience ? in real time the way we did.. ) Or just let it go..

I'm feeling like we just need to let it go.. The generation after them will do them ? the same way lol..

My ? if KD used ? ' steroids, damn right Im'a argue with a ? who declares KD better then Jordan.

@bck145 I'm not even gonna entertain that ? . No the ? Cube and Snoop are not considered top 10 by general consensus. Snoop especially. Cube is debatable. How the ? am I stanning? For who?

you've been stanning for meek the whole time.....making stupid points...and cube not top 10 that takes the cake, you could stop responding to me because after a comment like that it's a wrap for you bud

3 straight classic albums...90% of rappers don't even have 3 classic albums period #caseclosed
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek Mill - 'War'

The steroid argument is a valid one.. These cats just don't know any better.. If you go on the youtube comments for 10 bands.. Some young kid is saying Drake mentioned QM in the credits so how is that a Ghost writer.. These cats just don't get it.. And when you think critically how can we expect them to get it.. It's a new day bro..
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

This is that nasty flow

Drake more lyrical than Cube? Ok...If you really think that you're entitled to it. Majority would disagree though....and Drake was not a top 10 all time MC before the ghostwriting ? . Was he considered good and possibly one day a great? Yeah but already putting him in that category was premature as ? .

At the end all I said was in order to call his entire catalogue into question then show full proof he had writers for the songs that, according to you, put him already in a top 10 discussion. Especially since multiple people, including people with no reason to cape for Drake like Just Blaze said about watching Drake write Lord Knows, have all said they've seen him write those same verses that some now question. If asking for more proof than the songs that mainly show a dumbed down version of lyrics weren't ghostwritten is too much then I don't know what else to say.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Meek Mill - 'War'
    Wonder how it all works then...

YekzW1E.jpg

Anthony Palman, also known as “Hush” and “Young Tony” is a songwriter who received a lot of credit on Drake’s second and third studio albums.

http://genius.com/artists/Anthony-palman
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    The funny thing is majority of ? say Ludacris cheated by having that promoter let him hear TI verse on Stomp but now ? is all good

never heard this on the ic

or at all in general

Nah that's been discussed before. Some do think Luda won that battle because he got to hear TI verse then respond on the same song. Though Luda does go hard at him on a couple of his intro tracks

luda would of destroyed him regardless tho

Nah I agree with that just saying ? been saying Luda "cheated" but all of a sudden for meek it's all good. ? are like sandals flip flop everyday
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thought there where only 3 reference tracks jesus christ

I can see some more reference tracks leaking in the future.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The steroid argument is a valid one.. These cats just don't know any better.. If you go on the youtube comments for 10 bands.. Some young kid is saying Drake mentioned QM in the credits so how is that a Ghost writer.. These cats just don't get it.. And when you think critically how can we expect them to get it.. It's a new day bro..

"You're like Mark McGwire on steroids man. You hit a bunch of home runs, and you on steroids."-Cam'ron
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake - 'Summer Sixteen'
    gee757 wrote: »

? 2 here goes 4 reference trax 4 u...
    http://youtu.be/Df2f00DBrOQ
    http://youtu.be/TKsxLFePj2A
    http://youtu.be/b7rKND7MJrI
    http://youtu.be/oRCffOY9qZg

3 strikes & ya out

How much strikes ross got
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im not a dickrider to any of the parties involved in this beef, but that Creed soundtrack sounds ill with Meek's music in it, hopefully he can focus on releasing good music instead of beefing with drake's ghostwriters and legion of hoes.
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek Mill - 'War'
    Sion wrote: »
    LOOLOLOOLOLOLOLOL ? like this is why I wish we could up the old threads that were lost during the meltdown. When Rick Ross got exposed ? were up in arms about how he was a CO and a fake. People were really shocked to find out he didn't sell all those kilos or meet the real Noreaga LOLOLOL. Today, it's "Rick Ross beat 50 Cent because he out lasted him and is hot in the streets".

I'm not excusing that Drake had a writer write a rap record but people obviously don't give a ? . McGwire, Bonds, A-Rod I'm sure sleep comfortably in their multi-million dollar mansions, with 30 cars and a 100 yamps to satisfy their every desire. Rap is entertainment and Drake won't be the last person we come to find out uses writers. The younger generation I assure you is not going to give a ? as long as it sounds good.

This is true.. But the older generation who knows better.. Should rebuke this fool.. Cuz he's isn't a fair representation of the culture.. Not writing your raps and claiming to be part of raps elite due to your skill is blasphemous.. Young ? might not know.. But us older cars gotta hold his feet to the fire..

And I'm not even gonna touch on how this ? was talking about how he aint from the US but he runs rap.. We gonna leave that one alone. Where is the respect?..
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek Mill - 'War'
    The funny thing is majority of ? say Ludacris cheated by having that promoter let him hear TI verse on Stomp but now ? is all good

or at all in general

Nah that's been discussed before. Some do think Luda won that battle because he got to hear TI verse then respond on the same song. Though Luda does go hard at him on a couple of his intro tracks

Nah I agree with that just saying ? been saying Luda "cheated" but all of a sudden for meek it's all good. ? are like sandals flip flop everyday

Why are you trying to derail?

What are you even talking about??
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited February 2016
    Options
    WorlBoss wrote: »

How much strikes ross got

None renzel is the ghostwriter he don't b cheating like ya favorite Canada dry milli vanilli drizzy
    LOOLOLOOLOLOLOLOL ? like this is why I wish we could up the old threads that were lost during the meltdown. When Rick Ross got exposed ? were up in arms about how he was a CO and a fake. People were really shocked to find out he didn't sell all those kilos or meet the real Noreaga LOLOLOL. Today, it's "Rick Ross beat 50 Cent because he out lasted him and is hot in the streets".

I'm not excusing that Drake had a writer write a rap record but people obviously don't give a ? . McGwire, Bonds, A-Rod I'm sure sleep comfortably in their multi-million dollar mansions, with 30 cars and a 100 yamps to satisfy their every desire. Rap is entertainment and Drake won't be the last person we come to find out uses writers. The younger generation I assure you is not going to give a ? as long as it sounds good.

Well when woodface x baawse ? Dre gave renzel a 100k watch 4 his birthday n Miami it was clear 2 c who won back n 2012
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek Mill - 'War'

You clearly care, you're trying to derail too. This has nothing to do with Ross, he writes his own bars to my knowledge

I dont believe most of the ? I hear from most rappers

I DO believe that rappers are supposed to write their own raps, regardless of subject matter

Rap is gonna go the way of rock/blues/jazz/country but I guess ? don't care at all smh
  • gee757
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    You clearly care, you're trying to derail too. This has nothing to do with Ross, he writes his own bars to my knowledge

I DO believe that rappers are supposed to write their own raps, regardless of subject matter

Rap is gonna go the way of rock/blues/jazz/country but I guess ? don't care at all smh

This ? is scary especially when a rapper like meek mill is getting crucified 4 exposing a milli vanilli poser rapper like drizzy smh.......hip hop is hip pop now
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

or at all in general

Why are you trying to derail?

What are you even talking about??

How am I derailing it and it's on topic read my pervious post. ? said Luda cheated by hearing TI verse first on Stomp but Meek hears drake verse and directly replys to it and now ? saying it's all good? ? crazy
  • gee757
    Options

If Drake should be accountable and take responsibility for faking the funk and passing off that record as if it were his own when it was co-written by Quentin Miller, then Rick Ross should be too for stealing Freeway Ricky Ross' entire persona and passing it off as his own.

It prolly will because it's no longer exclusive to us anymore. They made a thread in the GNS about white chicks dancing to black music perpetuating black culture. In 10 years, the concept of rap isn't going to be exclusive to Hip-Hop, ? Taylor Swift is doing it in songs, Rita Ora & Kim K could pass for Puerto Rican, white kids are rocking jays and sagging their pants. It is what it is....

Smh@ the bold throw woodface up there 2 then cuz he ain't the real 50......& we r talking bout writing ya own raps not who is real & who is fake
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    U ? don't get it smh.... Tbh Ghostwriting is a necessary evil...can u imagine how many good songs wouldn't be around today if it wasn't for Ghostwriting? What if Eazy never spoke the words Cube wrote? It might not even be a N.W.A or Gangsta rap period.....u ? ? and cry for nothing this is MUSIC. It's suppose to make u feel good and enjoy listening....also I've heard QM's other songs he doesn't sound as good as Drake does or have the star personality to make it that's why ghostwriters are around...some ? write great music but either can't or don't want to perform for ? so others do it for them
  • gee757
    Options
    Exactly, that's the point I'm getting to. Where do we draw then line between entertainment and reality ? At what point do we stop caring and why should it matter if it's for the sake of entertainment ? It prolly shouldn't but yet it does. It's like the guy who refuses to believe wrestling is fake.

People do it with actors too, most ppl fall in love with the characters they portray and mistake the identity of the character for the actors'. That's partly why typecasting exists or why we respect certain actors more than we should (see Bill Cosby/Cliff Huxtable).

People live vicariously through the image that's portrayed because they relate to it. ? like that can be disastrous to say... the kid with no positive influences or good parents to teach them better. It's interesting.

If u need a ghostwriter n rap u r not a rapper u r a poser point blank period....if Drake would've never claimed 2 b a hip hop great lyrical rapper then it would b all good......but u can't have kats campin n the studio n tents tryna write ya ? & still expect people 2 look @ u as a legit rapper...come on now smh
  • gee757
    Options
    Well that's where the confusion is.... Rap isn't going to be exclusive to Hip-Hop in 10 years, because like you said it's Hip-Pop now. The elements of pop are going to seep into rap because our music is the dominant art form right now. In pop music it's very common for artists to have songs written (look at the Backstreet Boys or Michael Jackson). Drake started out in rap so by default, the youth are going to say he's a rapper. The purists will never give him that label but history will remember it very differently complete with bias and comparisons especially when he featured and rapped with other rappers. In 10 years will we even be talking about ghostwriters or will it be common place ? By then I suspect we'll say "Hip-Hop is dead" like we did in 08 and the cycle continues. But I'm certain this were the 90s Drake would be extradited with the quickness.

But like I said, where do we draw the line entertainment and reality ? That's the confusion. To Drake, Rick Ross, 50 Cent, whoever, it's a business - it's the business of music. They don't care as long as they make money off it because having a hit record and feeling good about it is the high they're frequently chasing and they'll get it by any means necessary.

There is no confusion rap is entertainment if u believe everything outta a rappers mouf u r a fool cuz all rappers lie.......now if u call ya self a rapper but u need kats camped out n the studio n tents 2 write ya raps u better not fix ya mouf & say u r n the same league as 1 of the greats.....its real simple this is not science
This discussion has been closed.