Video: Crypto-? Rudy Giuliani.. Beyoncé's Super Bowl Performance Was 'Attack' On Cops...

Options

Comments

• a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    a.mann wrote: »
    babelipsss wrote: »
    After the performance Bey took the momentous opportunity to announce and promote her upcoming world tour. Ray Charles could see what the end goal was and it wasn't social issues. Nothing wrong with it, it was a good PR move for her financially. Piggybacking off the pro black movement can be profitable, she's not the only one.

""
    Do you really think Beyonce needs to do a publicity stunt when she drops albums out of nowhere, with no promotion, that go multi platinum?""

It's amazing that for some one who appears to have a bit of intelligence believes that, Beyonce is walking out on the Super Bowl stage without her corporate handlers (pepsi) approval of her outfit and performance. And that they have no input at all. After the Janet fiasco every corporate sponsor made it their priority to vet out every performance at the super bowl. Even the networks delay the broadcast in case someone decides to deviate from the script.

No reasonably intelligent person truly believe Beyonce WAS NOT going to have a sold out tour,no matter where she choose to announce it

So what insidious agenda could be gained,by her using her platform to bring greater awareness to social injustice,police brutality and even more paying homage to the Black Panther Party for Self-Defense on the biggest night of television,seen by 100 of millions of people from across the globe?????

What could be gain from ? off so many white people????

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah I don't understand why people aren't appreciative of what Beyoncé did....of course she could have done more...

She made a statement, but some of the people are making her out to be this huge activist while other activists are just merely saying she made a statement. It's cool and all and give exposure, but the overall work of the activists is much more than that. Also, the conscious community is dealing with scam artists and this is just tipping the scale a bit.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah I don't understand why people aren't appreciative of what Beyoncé did....of course she could have done more...

I can understand it. It's a pop performance. Which, in many peoples opinion confuses the message being sent. In some ways it may diminish the seriousness of the issues she supposedly is trying to bring attention to.
  • a.mann
    Options

None of Beyonce's black naysayers & detractors seem to be able to offer any detailed explanation as to WHAT she selfishly has to gain from doing this
    Well,besides some ambiguous conspiracy theory that rallies strictly upon a person's animosity & resentment toward her (which is born out of jealously & envy)
  • Gee_has_hot_picture
    Gee_has_hot_picture Members Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭
    Options

mentioning MARIO WOODS just proves what a clueless air head she is, publicity stunt all it was unfortunately. She isnt a very intelligent women.

MARIO WOODS isn't no Trayvon Martin case, he got exactly what he deserved.
  • Kwan Dai
    Options
    After the performance Bey took the momentous opportunity to announce and promote her upcoming world tour. Ray Charles could see what the end goal was and it wasn't social issues. Nothing wrong with it, it was a good PR move for her financially. Piggybacking off the pro black movement can be profitable, she's not the only one.

""
    Do you really think Beyonce needs to do a publicity stunt when she drops albums out of nowhere, with no promotion, that go multi platinum?""

It's amazing that for some one who appears to have a bit of intelligence believes that, Beyonce is walking out on the Super Bowl stage without her corporate handlers (pepsi) approval of her outfit and performance. And that they have no input at all. After the Janet fiasco every corporate sponsor made it their priority to vet out every performance at the super bowl. Even the networks delay the broadcast in case someone decides to deviate from the script.

No reasonably intelligent person truly believe Beyonce WAS NOT going to have a sold out tour,no matter where she choose to announce it

So what insidious agenda could be gained,by her using her platform to bring greater awareness to social injustice,police brutality and even more paying homage to the Black Panther Party for Self-Defense on the biggest night of television,seen by 100 of millions of people from across the globe?????

Who is arguing against Beyonce being able to headline a sold out tour? Stop being dense and deflecting.
    What Beyonce did and does is calculated.

And to be perfectly honest you are ignorant if, this is your idea of how Blacks pay homage to each other. You are an even a bigger ignoramus if you believe Beyonce ? popping on stage draped in bullets is going to endear the BPP in the hearts of whites and more importantly inspire the already ignorant Blacks folks to embrace the BPP.

Whites are ? off by a Black Man Dabbing after a touchdown. Whites are ? at Black folks for just being Black. And the band played on.

Now it would actually be nice if you had adequate response to my point which, is Beyonce was given approval by her handlers because, they know as well as every other intelligence person, Beyonce is irrelevant in the area of politics and political activism. So, she can gyrate draped in bullets all she likes. The most she was going to do was drum up the response of yet another idiot. Enter Giuliani.

• Kwan Dai
    Options
    None of Beyonce's black naysayers & detractors seem to be able to offer any detailed explanation as to WHAT she selfishly has to gain from doing this
    Well,besides some ambiguous conspiracy theory that rallies strictly upon a person's animosity & resentment toward her (which is born out of jealously & envy)

You are playing stupid now. None of what's been offered fits your narrative thus why you are rejecting any and all explanations. And the best you can come up with is a female high school retort. Hating and jealousy? Get real.

In the entertainment business all pub is good pub. People are talking and that was the intended outcome.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Im tired... My body weary..
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    People need to sit there ass down and think before speaking.Beyoncé did This ? for publicity that lady aint conscious.Stop it shes still rocking that Blonde hair.

Some of the most unconscious motherfuckas out here, are those that claim to be "conscious"

I don´t beleive that because to claim consciousness you must have minimal knowledge on the subject just to use that word.

You know how many of these hotep I'm conscious because I use natural soap and don't comb my hair ass ? out here that don't know ? about "being woke" except whatever YouTube conspiracy video they watch?
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

She made a statement, but some of the people are making her out to be this huge activist while other activists are just merely saying she made a statement. It's cool and all and give exposure, but the overall work of the activists is much more than that. Also, the conscious community is dealing with scam artists and this is just tipping the scale a bit.

I agree, especially with the scam issue allegedly from some or one of the most prominent

I can understand it. It's a pop performance. Which, in many peoples opinion confuses the message being sent. In some ways it may diminish the seriousness of the issues she supposedly is trying to bring attention to.

I agree it can cause people to question the seriousness , but I think she did the opposite, I would consider it a political issue, and she got the attention of a politic who unfortunately has somewhat of a voice

Now the trouble I see for her is the follow up...whats next? You can't make a statement like that today and not answer for it, will her answer be an informative one, or misguided?

mentioning MARIO WOODS just proves what a clueless air head she is, publicity stunt all it was unfortunately. She isnt a very intelligent women.

MARIO WOODS isn't no Trayvon Martin case, he got exactly what he deserved.

I won't lie I am not 100% up on what's going on with brother woods but from what I know that may have been the wrong example , she could have said trayvon, but more importantly she could have said nothing , not that saying nothing is a bad idea, in some cases it's the best idea, but to see and know so many people who live like there aren't black issues and that they aren't black and all of the issues could be their issue is troubling
  • Kwan Dai
    Options

""

Who is arguing against Beyonce being able to headline a sold out tour? Stop being dense and deflecting.

And to be perfectly honest you are ignorant if, this is your idea of how Blacks pay homage to each other. You are an even a bigger ignoramus if you believe Beyonce ? popping on stage draped in bullets is going to endear the BPP in the hearts of whites and more importantly inspire the already ignorant Blacks folks to embrace the BPP.

Whites are ? off by a Black Man Dabbing after a touchdown. Whites are ? at Black folks for just being Black. And the band played on.

Now it would actually be nice if you had adequate response to my point which, is Beyonce was given approval by her handlers because, they know as well as every other intelligence person, Beyonce is irrelevant in the area of politics and political activism. So, she can gyrate draped in bullets all she likes. The most she was going to do was drum up the response of yet another idiot. Enter Giuliani.

Pull your head out your hatin' ass because you clearly don't know what the term ""homage" means

You lil UN-conscious mud rats are ? off because she didn't do ? the way YOU would have... tough ?

And what ? gets on television in front of a 100 plus million people and DON'T have their moves calculated?
    You sound like fool...a petty small jealous fool
    lol

And why the hell would I response to such an asinine comment like she was given "approval by her handlers",
    when all you have is your weed infected paranoia delusional mind to back that statement up???

You are a Juvenile and most idiots like you, who use words like hate and jealous ALWAYS seemed to forget that their ? riding, celebrity idol worship falls within the same category. So, unless your ? ass is willing to accept the moniker of ? riding, celeb loving, idol worshipper I suggest you expand your vocabulary when trying to argue against why others may have a differing opinion\perspective.

I obviously know exactly what HOMAGE means. I challenged your limited thinking and without skipping a beat your ignorance pranced right out like Beyonce draped in fake bullets.

It's about time you admitted that Beyonces "calculated moves" in front of 100 million plus people included PUBLICITY. Silly ? .

There you go again playing stupid. As if corporate sponsors aren't vetting out how their PAYED employees are representing their brand.

Well considering I don't smoke weed or any other substances, it's fine to say once again the stupid, silly ? strikes again.

Your turn. Go....
  • Kwan Dai
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    People need to sit there ass down and think before speaking.Beyoncé did This ? for publicity that lady aint conscious.Stop it shes still rocking that Blonde hair.

Some of the most unconscious motherfuckas out here, are those that claim to be "conscious"

I don´t beleive that because to claim consciousness you must have minimal knowledge on the subject just to use that word.

You know how many of these hotep I'm conscious because I use natural soap and don't comb my hair ass ? out here that don't know ? about "being woke" except whatever YouTube conspiracy video they watch?

What does that have to do with the price of tea in china?

What is the ratio of these hotep I'm conscious because......but aint woke, to people who just aint woke?

Why do you yall feel as if it's intelligent to grab at some fictitious group of people, to make a point?
  • a.mann
    Options

I agree, especially with the scam issue allegedly from some or one of the most prominent

I've been saying it for a minute that a lot of these so-called conscious gurus.....whatever
    are nothing more carbon copies of Rush Limbaugh,Michael Savage,Sean Hannity,Ann Coulter etc.
    in black face spewing so-called "black empowerment"

When just like their white devil counter-parts all they do is play upon their target demographic fears,anger,frustration and paranoia

While they are laughing all the way to the bank on "donation$$" as they keep you in a perpetual state of outrage
  • Kwan Dai
    Options
    @GabrielProsser

With or without Beyonce's performance BLM, Police Brutality, etc is a hot button topic (as it should be) at every level. Political, grassroots etc. So, I don't see this one moment in time doing anything more or less for situation as it stands.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    Vegas should put up a prop bet about what time they roll out Stacy Dash saying similar coontastic statements about her perfromance

I'm surprised she didn't already
  • Kwan Dai
    Options

I've been saying it for a minute that a lot of these so-called conscious gurus.....whatever
    are nothing more carbon copies of Rush Limbaugh,Michael Savage,Sean Hannity,Ann Coulter etc.
    in black face spewing so-called "black empowerment"

When just like their white devil counter-parts all they do is play upon their target demographic fears,anger,frustration and paranoia

While they are laughing all the way to the bank on "donation$$" as they keep you in a perpetual state of outrage

Or they are actually donating their time and\or money to their respective communities and don't need to ? ride a celeb to live vicariously through.

Never thought of that though did you? It has to be hate and jealousy right? You ? riding, celebrity worshipper.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @GabrielProsser

With or without Beyonce's performance BLM, Police Brutality, etc is a hot button topic (as it should be) at every level. Political, grassroots etc. So, I don't see this one moment in time doing anything more or less for situation as it stands.

True ,I just think she should be acknowledge for the participation, especially from a black woman

Cause we could easily name 10 other black entertainers who are ? on cotton quiet about black issues when given a nationwide platform
  • Kwan Dai
    Options
    @GabrielProsser

True ,I just think she should be acknowledge for the participation, especially from a black woman

Cause we could easily name 10 other black entertainers who are ? on cotton quiet about black issues when given a nationwide platform

I agree 100%.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

What does that have to do with the price of tea in china?

What is the ratio of these hotep I'm conscious because......but aint woke, to people who just aint woke?

Why do you yall feel as if it's intelligent to grab at some fictitious group of people, to make a point?

I was responding to him saying to use the word conscious you have to have a certain amount of knowledge....not everyone who claims to be "conscious" is really that...no more or less to my post
  • playmaker88
    Options
    if Jayz did this there wouldnt be this type of critique from within our own community.. That is the absolute truth..

For all the criticism she receives Jayz has been the one positioning himself among whites for a very long time.. Him and Diddy made a conscious decisions to rub shoulders and ingratiate themselves with white hollywood.. His ends may justify his means.. and im not sayin justify in a disparaging way just an observation ive had over the years.

But i guess thats another topic..
  • Kwan Dai
    Options
    if Jayz did this there wouldnt be this type of critique from within our own community.. That is the absolute truth..

For all the criticism she receives Jayz has been the one positioning himself among whites for a very long time.. Him and Diddy made a conscious decisions to rub shoulders and ingratiate themselves with white hollywood.. His ends may justify his means.. and im not sayin justify in a disparaging way just an observation ive had over the years.

I disagree. You would still have racist like Giuliani saying racist things. And you would have Black folks that feel what he did was either solely for publicity or had a hint of publicity stunt feel to it.

But to your point their would obviously be those that would see Jay doing this as more genuine because, of where he comes from.
  • a.mann
    Options

""

Pull your head out your hatin' ass because you clearly don't know what the term ""homage" means

You lil UN-conscious mud rats are ? off because she didn't do ? the way YOU would have... tough ?

And what ? gets on television in front of a 100 plus million people and DON'T have their moves calculated?
    You sound like fool...a petty small jealous fool
    lol

And why the hell would I response to such an asinine comment like she was given "approval by her handlers",
    when all you have is your weed infected paranoia delusional mind to back that statement up???

You are a Juvenile and most idiots like you, who use words like hate and jealous ALWAYS seemed to forget that their ? riding, celebrity idol worship falls within the same category. So, unless your ? ass is willing to accept the moniker of ? riding, celeb loving, idol worshipper I suggest you expand your vocabulary when trying to argue against why others may have a differing opinion\perspective.

I obviously know exactly what HOMAGE means. I challenged your limited thinking and without skipping a beat your ignorance pranced right out like Beyonce draped in fake bullets.

It's about time you admitted that Beyonces "calculated moves" in front of 100 million plus people included PUBLICITY. Silly ? .

There you go again playing stupid. As if corporate sponsors aren't vetting out how their PAYED employees are representing their brand.

Well considering I don't smoke weed or any other substances, it's fine to say once again the stupid, silly ? strikes again.

Your turn. Go....

this chick!

you said all that to say nothing
    lol

you can't come up with anything even half intelligent and reasonable to counter my point
    so you'll just settle for screaming I'm "celeb loving, idol worshiper,blah blah.... "

But hey....it's a slow day...I'll give you the attention and humiliation you desperately crave

When I say Beyonce was paying homage to not just the Panthers,but MJ as well ...that's a pure statement of fact:

[img]https://scontent-iad3-1.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlt1/v/t1.0-9/p720x720/12718332_1027020397417306_9021749745779026788_n.jpg?oh=6afb3c7793dda7652e5630b85d0b48a6&oe=576B1AA6[/img]

panthers.jpeg

1123329.jpg

• a.mann
    edited February 2016
    Options
    And YES,it WAS calculated,YES this is something she clearly wanted to publicly do....in front of 100 plus million people.

And YES you and many others ARE petty jealous lil ? tying your puny brain into knots trying to figure out what nefarious sinister agenda she has.
    Beyond accepting the fact she brought more positive attention to the Black Panthers than any of your fake fraudulent scam artist so-called black conscious wizards ever could

And that what's eating you all alive.

You all are mad and upset it was her...again petty jealous and envious
  • playmaker88
    Options

I disagree. You would still have racist like Giuliani saying racist things. And you would have Black folks that feel what he did was either solely for publicity or had a hint of publicity stunt feel to it.

But to your point their would obviously be those that would see Jay doing this as more genuine because, of where he comes from.

and that would be a mistake ...to attribute "realness" Social Awareness to person simply because of geographical upbringing. Dumb down to double my dollars.