Wrestlemania 32

Options

Comments

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    really have no idea why jericho won, other than a continuation of a rivalry that doesnt need to be continued
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Opening ladder match was dope. Lotta cool spots. Zayn and Owens steal the match.

Loved Cody and his dad tribute.

I had Sami winning and truly thought he should've won, I think this match should've been Owens v Sami for the title seeing their history since NXT up to the main roster on RAW, then his come back attacking Owens. The broken ladder spot is over done, still makes for a cool moment somehow. Guess we just love destruction.

I'm meh w Ryder winning, he has his moment and all but it feels as if it's for no reason because we all know he's losing the title on RAW tomorrow or sometime soon. Probably in a fatal 4-way. He's transitional. So all this is kinda meaningless, but whatever, him and his pops seemed really happy so I'll let them have it.

AJ and Jericho was decent, they had better matches IMO. I thought AJ would win, they gotta get over guys being other company wrestlers. But it is what it is. Jericho looked exhausted. AJ will get his win next PPV.

New Day v LoN was okay, we had too many matches between them leading up to WM that it made it a dead crowd for the match. What really brought it life was seeing HBK, Austin and Foley come out and get in the ring for a bit. That was nice. I marked the ? out hard.

Brock v Ambrose, for what it was, it was good, but I expected more, a lot more. It wasn't violent enough. Calling it a street fight between two guys who pretty much go all out and are crazy made you think we were gonna get one hell of a ? match, but it failed our expectations. The winner should've been DA, it would've done a lot more for him and his future as a unstable, ? wrestler. Was too short for the show, too. For all the time wasted on certain things, I could've easily sacrificed the Rock segment for this match to have been longer.

Women's title fight is the match of the night, Charolette w a beautiful and clean moonsault, she knew she hit that great. Lotta dope reversals. These woman worked hard tonight. Glad Charolette was able to catch Sasha, too, that almost went bad fast. Didn't like the outcome, though, but that doesn't take away from their match at all.

Taker v Shane, decent. It was slow, though, and kind bordered the line of boring almost, and would've been had Shane not been doing what he does; putting his body on the line. The jump from the cage was insane but I dislike that Taker had to move. I know why, but still, I wanted to see him land that elbow. Kinda ? about this one, just because they bring him in to build it up and to just let it go nowhere. Shane isn't gonna be around now, this match confirms he's gone for a long time, maybe won't ever see him again.

The ATGBR was meh, Shaq being there was funny and weird. Odd spot on the card. Expected Cena to win, because I expected he would be in it. Corbin winning, though, was a much better choice and hopefully It does a lot for him.

Rock coming out here was a weird spot, should've happened earlier. I love how he was going off script and gave Bray a huge nod of respect. That was telling Vince to stop wasting Bray, IMO. The whole wash of them was weak, though. Didn't care for the 6-second match and I guess "burial" of the Wyatts. Guess this is Cenas rivalry for now? Smh damn

The main event wasn't as violent and brutal as I thought it would be. Their recent fights were awesome, I expected more of it. Match was still good, though. Trips told Roman to not give a ? about the crowd, but he did seem a little bothered anyway. Good ending, Steph getting speared was to obvious but still, glad to see she is willing to take a bump like that but damn that spear was ? high. Winner was who it should've been. Hope that angle is over.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Overall, B+ WM. My guys not winning doesn't take away from the show at all, lotta surprise winners and I actually love that, made it not so predictable.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    None of the main events were as brutal as they should have been. That drops it significantly for me so a solid C or C+ grade. Its passable, it all worked but the pacing of AJ/Jericho, Shane/Undertaker and HHH/Reigns was a bit on the slow side.

I haven't said what I thought about HHH/Reigns but it wasn't what it should have been. It also happened way late into the night. The crowd was still very awake for it but H didn't give them a whole lot. He worked old school.

Ambrose / Lesnar is such a heartbreaker though. It was a virtual squash match. Punk got in more offense than Ambrose. I'm glad he was in that spot though, he earned it. Its not over that dude...I stand by what I said: Ambrose and Bray Wyatt will be WWE Champions, probably this year.

Lesnar just needed to be kept strong because he will likely be fighting Roman at Summerslam.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    tumblr_o5368qgI0m1saykaxo3_400.gif

tumblr_o53b4vW4YS1rmv1vdo1_540.png

Getting rid of the Diva title is a good look. Especially with the women having the best match of the night.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    My opinion on the card

- Why the ? wasn't Kalisto vs. Ryback on the main card?
    WWE telling the fans the U.S title ain't worth ? because it can't even make the main card.

- IC title ladder match, easily match of the night. Not even close
    WWE pulled a fast one. I was really disappointed and thought the Miz was about to walk out with the strap then Zack outta nowhere.
    Zack hopefully drops the strap tomorrow on Raw.

- Styles vs. Jericho was forgettable as ? .
    Seen the ending coming from a mile away. Legit upset that it ended in that fashion. They could've easily wrote that off as Y2J not getting all of the codebreaker and AJ kicking out as a result but nah...
    Horribly telegraphed and botched ending, plus Jericho going over for no reason.
    Fandango gots a W over Jericho at mania but AJ can't get the rub? FOH.

- ND vs LON was ok.
    LON needed the W to keep themselves as a threat to the belts.
    The after match ? with the legends was cool but I'm 9 times outta 10, against making heels look weak against retired legends. Part of WWE's problem is the lack of legitimate heels that don't look like complete ? .

- Lesnar vs. Ambrose was a ? letdown.
    All that hype and build up just for Brock to dominate pretty convincingly tbh.
    Ending was wack and telegraphed as ? . Told my cousin I was watching with, as soon as Ambrose threw hella chairs into the ring "Brock is just gonna F-5 Ambrose on those chairs and get the pin. ? this match" <--- exact quote.

- Divas triple threat was dope.
    Really just felt like Sasha vs. Charlotte though.
    Becky had no realistic shot of winning the belt and was definitely taking the fall.
    Lot of good spots in this match. Especially that Charlotte moonsault.
    Wanted Sasha to walk out with the strap at mania but I think she'll get it on Raw tonight.

- Taker and Shane was kinda boring, not surprising in any way.
    Even the jumping off the cell spot wasn't surprising but was definitely hype as ? .
    Shane was the only 1 that would do that ? , and I would've been disappointed if he didn't do it.
    Definitely Taker's last mania though. He's gonna come on Raw and be on some "I'll retire on my own terms" ? .

- Battle Royal was wack and should've been on the pre-show tbh.
    How is the roster actually so thin, that they had to give out spots to Tatanka, DDP, Shaq?
    Spots shoud've went to some lesser used NXT dudes to give them some shine.

- Reigns vs. HHH went pretty much how everyone thought it was gonna go.
    The match itself was surprisingly fine but another generic ending.
    Was supposed to be a feel good moment for Reigns but everyone heard him get boo'ed outta the ? building.
    Was so bad that WWE noticeably turned down the volume on the mic catching the crowd noise.

5/10 overall.
    Not the worst mania I've ever seen but it definitely left a lot to be desired.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AJ/Jericho was dope because of the storyline. The crowd turned Jericho heel but AJ feeding into the crowd is what lost him the match. AJ's facials were on point too, his frustration, anger etc.

I think it should have had a gimmick but I loved it. An old fashioned grudge match between two high level guys.

Besides now AJ the first dude to job at WRESTLE KINGDOM and WRESTLEMANIA in the same year.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Outside of reigns, They didn't trust the future,

New day should have won, they essentially buried the champs w
  • Dupac
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »
    Idk why I just noticed this but why did the Wyatts have nothin to do with WM? They could've had them interfere in that Street Fight and ? up both Brock and Dean

They decided to bury them with the rock and cena, the pops were good but the burial was horrendous
  • Dupac
    Options
    really have no idea why jericho won, other than a continuation of a rivalry that doesnt need to be continued

This also blew me
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lesner/ambrose was so dissapointing, but not too suprised its hard to have brutal matches anymore wit this pg era ? , the whole card was average at best, womens match was the best match and sasha shoulda won that ?
  • Dupac
    Options
    AJ styles, dean Ambrose, new day, & bray Wyatt were all done extremity ? last night.

Especially considering they will be carrying the company the next 10 years
  • Dupac
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    AJ styles, dean Ambrose, new day, & bray Wyatt were all done extremity ? last night.

Especially considering they will be carrying the company the next 10 years

They basically put Lesner, Jericho, rock, stone cold, Foley, hbk & cena over instead of those guys...
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited April 2016
    Options
    This Mania was blah almost forgettable.

Dudleys vs uso = weak

Ic ladder match = was decent

LoN vs New Day = match its self was meh the costumes entrance was cool and although I would've like ND to go over I see why they let the heels get the W

Hbk Austin and Foley was cool like always

The women's champ match = might be the match of the night for me them girls put on, Flair Jr moonsault was clean, boss bae with the frog splash I thought almost landed on them ? knees that, Sasha's outside suicide dive almost ended up bad.

Andre = they put it there cause they needed a break between taker/Shane and HHH/RR, know nothing about homie who won

WWE Champ = was 4/10 (Bret voice) the match was HHH school RR to the game was expecting more of a fight but this was HHH pacing and older school work match. Steph looked good as ? and showed she could take a pounding, them fly superman punches is wack let some body try that ? and I'm pullin a Charlie Murphy kick on they ass charlie-murphy-kick-o.gif
    I hate how finishers are kicked out of at mania also.

Taker = was what was expected of it taker was put there gassed boogers everywhere, Shane died for us dude a McMahon and still puts his ? on the line something most won't do.

Divas= meh just a bunch of eye candy

Rock talk = same ol ? every ur props for givin bray props

Rock match = 6 ? 6seconds, sad it had to be my ? the wyatts and Cena back its a wrap for them glad bray injured so he won't be in the ring to get buried...... Just yet
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sasha didn't win and New day getting buried?? So glad I didn't watch this. Might not watch raw either.
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    Lol I follow Peter Rosenberg on snapchat...he was sitting with Wale last night at Mania...Wale was marking out for that great Charlotte moonsault, ? was hilarious
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sasha didn't win and New day getting buried?? So glad I didn't watch this. Might not watch raw either.

So we shall see u in the raw thread later tonight then?
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol y'all ? and ur pipe dreams....
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    for weeks reigns and hhh been brawling backstage and around the arena. broken noses, head gashes, blood, etc.

yet they started this match with chain wrestling.
    it was all down hill from there
  • a-grave247
    a-grave247 Members Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Would have been a really dissapointing Wrestlemania had it not been for the woman's triple threat match (they put most of the male wrestlers to shame) and Shane and Taker. Shane's amazing jump off the cage and both wrestlers told a story throughout the bout. This is what a lot of the main roster lacking.

I don't know why they let Dean Ambrose go over and win a ? match. He's clearly over with the fans and they are killing his momentum, there is no need for AJ Styles to lose to Jericho. The feud now doesn't even make sense because Jericho gets as many cheers as AJ. AJ is probably the most athletically gifted talent on the roster. I hope they make the most of him. I loved his run on TNA
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    for weeks reigns and hhh been brawling backstage and around the arena. broken noses, head gashes, blood, etc.

yet they started this match with chain wrestling.
    it was all down hill from there

wwe booking at it's best!
    23vf2hs.jpg

yea and I don't know why the ? you dont put your future over instead of part timers....

OH YEAH...because
    23vf2hs.jpg
    good ole WWE booking!

*thumbs up!*
  • Dupac
    Options
    Dean and AJ should be ? they didn't go over.... good matches just the finishes confused the hell out of me

New Day should be furious at getting buried like that... But I guess they just happy they keeping their belts. But that was the worse booking for champs I've ever seen.

And Bray was sent out to pasture to put the rock over, and bring back cena??