Wrestlemania 32

Options

Comments

• lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    WM was good man just wasn't as great as last year brock and Ambrose shoulda went a lil further but whatever their feud might continue past this
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    imagine if the new day vs y2aj match from weeks ago took place last night. that match was great and a much better alternative than LON vs new day

jericho can still turn heel
    new day can brag after the match
    and the legends can still come out and do their thing
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @VIBE

another situation....when Shawn Michaels started off as a single wrestler and a IC champ..he wasn't going over the way Vince wanted, and Vince thought he wasn't gonna be taken seriously as champ...so what did they do.

They brought in "a big guy" bodyguard to go along with Michaels...aka "diesel" Kevin Nash to help get over Shawn as more of a threat and the rest of that is history.

• willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    WrestleMania review

Pre-show matches:

Ryback vs Kalisto:
    U.S. Title - This match was on the right place where it belonged the pre-show nobody asked for this match to begin with. Ryback dominated most of the match nearly until the end. Not surprised by the outcome. They need to break up the Lucha Dragons. 3/10

Total Divas vs Bad & Blonde:
    - The only thing purpose this match served was to give Brie Bella her farewell in WWE. Other than that, ? break material. Nothing more than eyecandy on a WrestleMania card to collect a WM payday. 0/10

The Usos vs The Dudleys: - Match was only 5 minutes nothing to call home about.. 2/10

Main card matches:

IC Ladder match: - Best match of the night on the card. A lot of good/crazy spots fast paced action I thought KO was legit dead after that spot where his neck went through the ladder. Surprising win putting the IC title on Zack Ryder after being a jobber status for years. Unfortunately, I don't see it lasting very long. 10/10

AJ Styles vs Chris Jericho: - A good slow paced technical wrestling match between these 2 they start to pick up the pace during the middle of the match. Botched codebreaker ending from Y2J. Y2J could put over Fandango at WM 29 (who is a footnote now) but couldn't do the honors for Styles? Yeah ok... WWE has to get over there hatred for other stars who were in rival mainstream company. Then again I expect a better match but these two wrestled how many times in the last 2 months? 6/10

New Day vs L.O.N.: - Hilarious New Day entrance with the giant cereal box of ? O's. The match it's self....nothing more than a Monday night RAW match on a WrestleMania card. I guess WWE figured L.O.N. needed a win to remain relevant at the best but they still are a joke as a unit imo. The post match segment with the HBK, Foley, & Stone Cold taking out L.O.N. was cool but it made L.O.N. looked bad. 5/10

Ambrose vs Lesnar: Street Fight - This match was built up to a very big deal at WrestleMania and it was very underwhelming & disappointing. This very ? -lite with just chairs/kendo sticks and a botched suplex spot on the chairs by Lesnar. I thought from the start that this match could go either way even with a rematch in sight for Payback in case Lesnar went over (which he did) and Dean could get his win at Payback/Extreme Rules. After watching last night I'm not sure if I'm checking for a rematch. 4/10

Divas Triple-Threat: for the new Women's title - Excellent match from starting bell. I didn't care for the outcome the first time around when I watched but after a second viewing they made the right call on crowning Charlotte. Sasha, Becky, Charlotte, & Paige are the workhorses of the Women Division and I hope they continue to keep the spotlight on all four them some of the best women stars to come out NXT. They could scrap the rest of the division and rebuild for all I care. Eva Marie & Lana are trash, Naomi had a chance before the NXT women came up, Nikki Bella probably won't be the same again (wasn't great to start with), Tamina is in her early 40's, & Natalya has been around for 10 years. 8/10

Undertaker vs Shane: HIAC - The storyline was perfect to actually have some change in WWE. Either Taker retires or Shane takes over control of WWE, sounds cool but the problem with that is that Shane isn't returning to do any shows after WrestleMania so we already know what it was. The match was slow paced and somewhat boring the only highlight was the insane dive that Shane did off the Cell & that struggle coast to coast from Shane. After a second watch, it wasn't really too bad I just took it for what it was worth being that you have two aging performers working in the ring. It was no point in doing this match inside of HIAC. After this I have no interest in seeing Taker in another WrestleMania match he's done enough. 6.5/10

ATG Battle Royal: - This match was pre-show material and I really hope that this is the final ATG Battle Royal match that is done at WrestleMania because every year creative has done nothing with the winner of this match. The only bright spots he was Baron Corbin winning it & Shaq as a surprise but I doubt they do anything with him he will continue to stay on the NXT roster more than likely. 3/10

The Rock vs Erik Rowan: - Nice surprise match for WrestleMania. The Rock in 6 seconds wins not surprised but hilarious at the cost of The Wyatts. Sad what they are doing to Bray if not that whole group. 2/10

Roman Reigns vs HHH: WWE WHC - The only things good about this match were Stephanie ate a spear & HHH was in the best shape of his life. WWE muting the round of boos from the live crowd exposed them for even putting on this match. One of the worst main event or WWE WHC matches in WrestleMania ever to end a show. Very forgettable. 0/10

Overall - D

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [img]https://scontent.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/12909603_10153671754336443_5729443449670635323_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9[/img]
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    let me guess wrestlemania didn't live up to the hype this year?

Hell nah a couple people didn't get their way so they're complaining but that ? was epic
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • willhustle
    Options
    willhustle wrote: »
    Roman Reigns vs HHH: WWE WHC - The only things good about this match were Stephanie ate a spear & HHH was in the best shape of his life. WWE muting the round of boos from the live crowd exposed them for even putting on this match. One of the worst main event or WWE WHC matches in WrestleMania ever to end a show. Very forgettable. 0/10

Overall - D

got damn bruh 0/10?

Charlton%20Heston%20Laugh_zpseqhtrpn1.gif

Yes a 0/10. that crowd during that Reigns/HHH match either fans were booing or dead during the match and the match just went on too damn long. Not to mention them muting the sound on the WWE Network ? is not a good look. The event itself was too ? long 4 1/2 hrs? 7-11:45pm I really hope they don't do that again next year. I ain't trippin' about Roman winning but they could have planned a swerve or something big for the match though. With Roman it is what it is as long as Vince can draw money out of him.
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah those saying it sucked are either mad their guys lost or just being smarks.
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @txboi_09

how was the crowd?

boos?

cheers?

mixed?

apathy?

smarky minds want to know
  • willhustle
    Options
    OGDirtyDee wrote: »
    yeah those saying it sucked are either mad their guys lost or just being smarks.

I really hate this remark about people being wrestling fans in general it's somewhat disrespectful imo. Just because someone express their opinion about not liking a match or a PPV in general then they're being a "smark". I said from the get go that all those injuries were going to create a ? card for WrestleMania and it did. Simply put most of the matches underwhelming especially the big time matches. If they wanted to they could have pulled out a few swerves here and there but chose not to do so and look at what we got in general especially with the main event.

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options

Or....

Follow me now....

There's another option....

The Matches Underperformed.

Saying matches underperformed is something agreeable, all of the matches could have been better but the grading scales aren't objective at all.

None of the matches were wack either. To say it was average is as bad as an objective thing that can be said. Trying to act as if its the worst is ridiculous.

I enjoyed the show. It was a bizarre event where predictablity went out the window.

The only match that anyone should be legit angry about is Ambrose/Lesnar because it was such a disappointment. Everything else was what you expected it to be.
  • OGDirtyDee
    Options

Or....

Follow me now....

Follow me....

They didnt outside of Reigns and H.
    Ive noticed only smarks didnt like the show and their reasons arent even good.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The audio in main event was so edited hahahahahahahaha

93,000 barely with any noise
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options

See this type of thinking (not just you) is really wack b.

I'm not mad at the show, I'm not being a mark, and most of my people did lose....but I didn't enjoy the show as much as normal because the big matches underwhelmed (except for the 3 women, they killed it like always imo). Plain and simple...it's really not as serious as some of you ? make it.
  • OGDirtyDee
    Options

I really hate this remark about people being wrestling fans in general it's somewhat disrespectful imo. Just because someone express their opinion about not liking a match or a PPV in general then they're being a "smark". I said from the get go that all those injuries were going to create a ? card for WrestleMania and it did. Simply put most of the matches underwhelming especially the big time matches. If they wanted to they could have pulled out a few swerves here and there but chose not to do so and look at what we got in general especially with the main event.

Or....smark being somebody who feel there are in on the ins and out and know who should be the winner because they know the wrestling business outside a normal fans. Smarks are usually the ones complainimg over the top. Like i said i watched it with a group of people who are casual fans or just watch Mania. They all were happy and thought the show was entertaining then you get on the interent and everybody a booker and knows the answers.

How sway?
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Overall - D

got damn bruh 0/10?

Charlton%20Heston%20Laugh_zpseqhtrpn1.gif

Yes a 0/10. that crowd during that Reigns/HHH match either fans were booing or dead during the match and the match just went on too damn long. Not to mention them muting the sound on the WWE Network ? is not a good look. The event itself was too ? long 4 1/2 hrs? 7-11:45pm I really hope they don't do that again next year. I ain't trippin' about Roman winning but they could have planned a swerve or something big for the match though. With Roman it is what it is as long as Vince can draw money out of him.

i wouldnt say the match was bad but it fell below expectations. its like the heat they had before the match didnt carry over into the match

neither participants were impressive. roman needed a strong performance and he didnt deliver. i remember hbk saying the better worker is responsible for how good or bad a match goes. yes i know hhh was heel but he's worked better matches as heel

starting the match with chain wrestling didnt make sense given they've been beating the ? out of eachother for weeks. they repeated at least 4 spots. roman raising his title up high like he wasnt selling an injured shoulder for the past 15 minutes (DB did the same thing two years ago). and the finish had me saying "...thats it?"

not a good way to close the show

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options

Or....

Follow me now....

Follow me....

They didnt outside of Reigns and H.
    Ive noticed only smarks didnt like the show and their reasons arent even good.

So...Ambrose vs Lesnar and Shane vs Undertaker were exciting to you?
  • its....JOHN B
    edited April 2016
    Options
    jono wrote: »

Or....

Follow me now....

Saying matches underperformed is something agreeable, all of the matches could have been better but the grading scales aren't objective at all.

None of the matches were wack either. To say it was average is as bad as an objective thing that can be said. Trying to act as if its the worst is ridiculous.

I enjoyed the show. It was a bizarre event where predictablity went out the window.

The only match that anyone should be legit angry about is Ambrose/Lesnar because it was such a disappointment. Everything else was what you expected it to be.

Agreed, I was falling asleep during the Reigns/Triple H match though but I didn't expect much more than what it was
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    The audio in main event was so edited hahahahahahahaha

93,000 barely with any noise

There was noise. Its a huge arena you aren't going to hear everyone all the time. I could clearly hear noise and see people reacting.

• its....JOHN B
    Options

I really hate that you're going way to far out of your way to let us know how much you hated WM, chill
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    Now we're labeling smh. How about people just weren't much impressed? I actually went into WM having high hopes too.

Jericho and Styles didn't even have their best match together. New Day's entrance was GOAT but the match was boring. The street fight was a huge ass letdown. Shane and Undertaker was what it was as far as the match but that Shane spot was epic. And the main event was just general.

The female triple threat was fire and the ladder match was fun, but otherwise... everything just felt flat.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wwe always puts out Kayfabe attendance numbers but they know the real number for sure.
    They have to because of fire code.
    Attendance could also mean tix sold + employees in the building + any sort of free/unpaid tix.

But yeah, the number is inflated by a few thousand imo.