A Miami woman killed a teen burglar as he fled her home, police say. Should she be charged?

Options

Comments

• D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Lock her ass up. If he was fleeing like the report says, then there was no imminent threat to her life.

? her.

You sure, cause it also says they had a brief confrontation and he got shot in the chest not the back.

'You sure?'. Lol. No I ain't sure, ? . I'm going on what the article says. Like I said, IF HE WAS SHOT WHILE FLEEING like the article says...lock her up.

Quite sure!! Cause the article said they had a brief confrontation and he got shot in the chest.

Not sure how that means he wasn't fleeing. But sure.

So when fleeing folks run towards the person they are fleeing from. Good to know so I can keep that in mind now.

Who said he was running towards her? It says he was going out the back door when she say him. Sounds like he was leaving, she saw him and pulled out. He turned and they exchanged words and then she shot him.

I wasn't there so I dunno. All I have to go on is the article.

They have a brief confrontation and he gets shot in the chest but he's supposed to be fleeing. How did he get shot in the chest if not fleeing past her?

I feel like I just explained that pretty clearly. Lol. I dunno how to make it clearer, without being able to draw you a diagram.

You didn't explain ? you told what you imagined happened. Your imagination don't make ? clear.
  • Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    It's almost disgusting how little people value property and how much people value life. Regardless he was on here property when this occurred and the fact is he was shot in the chest. If he was fleeing he did a very poor job at that. Uncountable he was killed but there are consequences for your action and sometimes they are permanent. His family has no one to blame but themselves

When it comes to law, possession and property is something you don't mess with.

With that said, she didn't have the right to shoot if she wasn't inside the house.

Some of you guys are taking this quite personal. Interpreting it as if you were in the house. No one was home. She decided to be a vigilante and should face the consequences of her actions as he faced his.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He took her peace of mind, so she got her piece. Its unfortunate that he died, but she was defending herself. If anybody breaks in my crib, they're getting smashed. People work too hard for their ? .
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's almost disgusting how little people value property and how much people value life. Regardless he was on here property when this occurred and the fact is he was shot in the chest. If he was fleeing he did a very poor job at that. Uncountable he was killed but there are consequences for your action and sometimes they are permanent. His family has no one to blame but themselves

You can't blame them, they didn't shoot him. Well that's what the IC tells me.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lock her ass up. If he was fleeing like the report says, then there was no imminent threat to her life.

? her.

You sure, cause it also says they had a brief confrontation and he got shot in the chest not the back.

'You sure?'. Lol. No I ain't sure, ? . I'm going on what the article says. Like I said, IF HE WAS SHOT WHILE FLEEING like the article says...lock her up.

Quite sure!! Cause the article said they had a brief confrontation and he got shot in the chest.

So when fleeing folks run towards the person they are fleeing from. Good to know so I can keep that in mind now.

Who said he was running towards her? It says he was going out the back door when she say him. Sounds like he was leaving, she saw him and pulled out. He turned and they exchanged words and then she shot him.

They have a brief confrontation and he gets shot in the chest but he's supposed to be fleeing. How did he get shot in the chest if not fleeing past her?

I feel like I just explained that pretty clearly. Lol. I dunno how to make it clearer, without being able to draw you a diagram.

You didn't explain ? you told what you imagined happened. Your imagination don't make ? clear.

And you told what YOU imagined happened. Lol. Like him not being shot while fleeing. *shrugs*
  • D. Morgan
    Options

? her.

And you told what YOU imagined happened. Lol. Like him not being shot while fleeing. *shrugs*

Put it this way there are two different scenarios of what happened in the article.

One says they had a brief confrontation and he was shot in the chest. I believe this one

The other says he was fleeing and still shot in the chest. You believe this one

End of story!
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    This quote right here ? me the ? off.

“You have to look at it from every child’s point of view that was raised in the hood,” Harris said. “You have to understand… how he gonna get his money to have clothes to go to school? You have to look at it from his point-of-view.”

another reason why black women are dooming us
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? her.

Put it this way there are two different scenarios of what happened in the article.

One says they had a brief confrontation and he was shot in the chest. I believe this one

End of story!

And my point is that both can be true. But agreed...end of story!

Peace.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I REMEBER WHEN SOMEONE BROKE INTO MY CAR AND HOW THAT ? HAD ME BUGGIN FOR LIKE 2 MONTHS STRAIGHT.. MY PEACE OF MIND WAS GONE.. SO I DONT BLAME HER
  • D. Morgan
    Options

? her.

End of story!

And my point is that both can be true. But agreed...end of story!

Peace.

Damn wasted key strokes cause I never caught on to the bold LLS!!
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IMO. He got shot because he was in someone's home, not because of burglary.

I've said this in another thread... If I break into someone's home, I have given up my right to life.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Paprika wrote: »

With that said, she didn't have the right to shoot if she wasn't inside the house.

Some of you guys are taking this quite personal. Interpreting it as if you were in the house. No one was home. She decided to be a vigilante and should face the consequences of her actions as he faced his.

BUt the report clearly states she was in her house.
    As for the bolded It is a personal event for her. Your home is your shelter and your lifeline. She was justified in killing him.

• D. Morgan
    Options
    Did he "DESERVE" to die? No he didn't.

Is getting shot while committing that type of crime a good possibility? Yes it is.

I have no sympathy for the lil dude and I hope this lady walks off free of any charges and nothing happens to her by his family, loved ones or friends.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fair. The outcome of even the smallest of crimes against another could result in your death. The dice aint roll his way that day
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just read this a few hours ago.

Im torn on one hand it was unnecessary.

On the other hand you reap what you sow.

Also what if she was home what would he have done... would it have been more than a burglary/attempt What ifs dont happen but it is important to think of the potential.

I mean his fam is out there sayin he was this and that.. that ? was in someone elses crib. i think she should be charged with something
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

As for the bolded It is a personal event for her. Your home is your shelter and your lifeline. She was justified in killing him.

naw man she wasnt at home. her security alarm went off. THEN she came back home. article says its not sure if she called the police or the security company did. But once the kid broke into her home, she was not there. but did make it back home before the kid got away.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    This quote right here ? me the ? off.

“You have to look at it from every child’s point of view that was raised in the hood,” Harris said. “You have to understand… how he gonna get his money to have clothes to go to school? You have to look at it from his point-of-view.”

another reason why black women are dooming us

?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

She caught the ? in her house. So how did she become a "vigilante"

How sway

Did she catch up around the corner? Did she hunt him down days after?

Or

Did she catch the ? in her ? ?
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think the celebration of any loss of life is grim as ? , burglar or not...
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just read this a few hours ago.

Im torn on one hand it was unnecessary.

On the other hand you reap what you sow.

Also what if she was home what would he have done... would it have been more than a burglary/attempt What ifs dont happen but it is important to think of the potential.

I mean his fam is out there sayin he was this and that.. that ? was in someone elses crib. i think she should be charged with something

im on the same boat as you and agree with everything u posted but stil unsure about the bolded.. like i said earlier in the tread this aint so black and white...
  • Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is what the report says:

She can also be forgiven for racing home when, on Thursday afternoon, her security system alerted her to another break-in at the property.

“The police told her don’t go in the house,”

Instead she went to

"inspect the exterior of the home"
    "Went room to room"
    "She observed a subject exiting the home through the rear,”

Then she took matters into her own hands and shot him. She went searching for trouble and found it. Key points, she wasn't home, he was unarmed,she went inside the home, she went straight for her gun, he ran, he died.

I hope she finds solace in her new home serving 8-10 years.
  • Ol Jay's
    Ol Jay's Members Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    here in my state if someone breaks into your house or car you can use deadly force
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is what the report says:

She can also be forgiven for racing home when, on Thursday afternoon, her security system alerted her to another break-in at the property.

“The police told her don’t go in the house,”

Instead she went to

"inspect the exterior of the home"
    "Went room to room"
    "She observed a subject exiting the home through the rear,”

Then she took matters into her own hands and shot him. She went searching for trouble and found it. Key points, she wasn't home, he was unarmed,she went inside the home, she went straight for her gun, he ran, he died.

I hope she finds solace in her new home serving 8-10 years.

We thought the same ? with Zimmerman. Will be interesting how Florida's Stand your Ground/Self-defense laws.