A Miami woman killed a teen burglar as he fled her home, police say. Should she be charged?

Options

Comments

• leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I have a very big disdain for burglars and home invasion.
    Once your personal space has been violated, it will mess with your comfort long term.
    I haven't been a victim of it, but have had a few attempts, twice while at home and I'm lucky that I sleep lite because both times they woke me up.
    I could see offing someone over that and have no sympathy for when it happens.
    its not about the monetary value of your items, it's about your and your family's peace of mind.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His future real bright now bright as the light at the end of that tunnel
  • the dukester
    the dukester Members Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It all changes when it's YOUR Father, Brother, nephew or cousin who gets killed who loses his life over some "replaceable" property.

Stop listening to "? news!!"

• BlevlandBoyBool
    BlevlandBoyBool Members Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    This quote right here ? me the ? off.

“You have to look at it from every child’s point of view that was raised in the hood,” Harris said. “You have to understand… how he gonna get his money to have clothes to go to school? You have to look at it from his point-of-view.”

cause your a gentile
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It all changes when it's YOUR Father, Brother, nephew or cousin who gets killed who loses his life over some "replaceable" property.

Nope

My piece of mind > his life
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Cuz, let a member of my family do some ? like this. The 1st words out of my mouth will be "His ass had no business breaking into some else's house. He got what he deserved."
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not with real people who understand why things happen. Will I feel pain and sorrow? Of course I just lost a family member that I love.

At the same time though I will realize they got caught on a move and the folks did that to them. I can live with that because I've been a person who understands that when you jump off that porch you have to accept the consequences of your actions before you even commit those actions. If you can't accept the consequences of your actions then you shouldn't be doing it. Its really that simple.

? ain't about some material possessions being able to be replaced. Its about principle that someone broke into YOUR home. That ? a major violation of my person ? the money.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He broke into her home man that's all on him and his parents
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man I remember when I was his age I used to hit licks and ? , but I always expected the worse. This is Texas we have the castle doctrine, this wouldn't even make the news out here.

It wasn't until I got older and was put through a serious robbery attempt on me that left me with a physical scar that I realized how that ? 'll ? with you. I can only imagine if I had a wofe and kids and somebody tried to break into my ? , ? wouldn't ? make it bruh.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options

It aint about ? being replaceable or not(which you wouldn't know if she had anything that couldn't be) Its about invading on land that wasn't yours and suffering the consequences because of it. Nothing more or less

• NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

We need a "? outta here " button STAT.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    ChiCity wrote: »
    I don't disagree with anyone saying that the kid did some ? and then suffered the consequences of what happened. Cool. Can't argue with that.

But the same thing goes for this woman. If the article is correct and she shot him while he fled and there was no imminent danger...then she should suffer the consequences - which is jail.

I don't really see the difference if the argument is 'THIS action leads to THAT consequence'.
    I think that's the hitch of the SYG law, as long as he was in the homme she can say she was in imminent danger

Was he going out to get a weapon?
    Was he going to get friends?
    What type of confrontation did they have?

The law as it is currently written protects her which a whole different thread in and of itself.

According to the law, she did nothing wrong and shouldn't see a lick of jail time.

But...he wasn't shot in the home. The article says he exited through the rear of the house. It also says that she 'came out' and shot him.

As far as the rest, we'll see. Given the details as I understand them though, she should definitely go to jail.
    I'm not sure if property and home are interchangeable but it's whatever
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Man I remember when I was his age I used to hit licks and ? , but I always expected the worse. This is Texas we have the castle doctrine, this wouldn't even make the news out here.

It wasn't until I got older and was put through a serious robbery attempt on me that left me with a physical scar that I realized how that ? 'll ? with you. I can only imagine if I had a wofe and kids and somebody tried to break into my ? , ? wouldn't ? make it bruh.

Preach.

Im not gon give out anymore detail but I 200% cosign this truth

• AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hate the lil dude had to die, but you risk death when you do what he did.
    You come into my home, where my family lays their heads...you're getting shot. If I'm away and you set off my alarm while I'm not there...you better do what you gotta do and get what you gotta get and gone...cause I'm coming home, and I'm going to ? the intruder in my house or in my yard. Don't play about that. I'd be paranoid for lord knows how long if someone came in my house and got away. Chances are they are going to come back.

That lady should not have to go to jail.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm legit curious: How would this have had to play out for you guys to feel like she SHOULD have to go to jail? For example:

-He comes out of her house and is walking down the driveway, she pulls up in her car. He freezes. She hops out and they exchange words and she shoots him? Jail time or naw?

-He comes out of her house, walks down the driveway and starts walking down the sidewalk. She is coming down the street and sees him leave her house and she pulls up next to him on the street 50 feet from her house and shoots him? Jail time or naw?

-He comes out of her house and is hopping over the fence. She pulls a Willie Manchester and shoots him in the back as he is hopping the fence to get away. Jail time or naw?

Serious questions. Anyone want to tackle these?
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I bet his moms was the type to go to his school and try and fight the teacher when dude was dead wrong.... this is what that bs parenting leads too....
  • Shizlansky
    Options
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm legit curious: How would this have had to play out for you guys to feel like she SHOULD have to go to jail? For example:

-He comes out of her house and is walking down the driveway, she pulls up in her car. He freezes. She hops out and they exchange words and she shoots him? Jail time or naw?

-He comes out of her house, walks down the driveway and starts walking down the sidewalk. She is coming down the street and sees him leave her house and she pulls up next to him on the street 50 feet from her house and shoots him? Jail time or naw?

-He comes out of her house and is hopping over the fence. She pulls a Willie Manchester and shoots him in the back as he is hopping the fence to get away. Jail time or naw?

Only legitimate one that would require jail time is the second. In 1&3 he is still on her property though it would be unfortunate if she shoot him in the back it wouldn't change him still be on her property. Of course things wouldn't be as cut in dry seeing we wouldn't know if she was threatened in the first instance and I highly doubt that she would beable to hit a moving target with a Manchester, especially since said women is suppose to be older.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »

Only legitimate one that would require jail time is the second. In 1&3 he is still on her property though it would be unfortunate if she shoot him in the back it wouldn't change him still be on her property. Of course things wouldn't be as cut in dry seeing we wouldn't know if she was threatened in the first instance and I highly doubt that she would beable to hit a moving target with a Manchester, especially since said women is suppose to be older.

Gotcha. So it's a property thin for you?

If a person is on your property and you shoot them, you shouldn't have to go to jail.

You agree or disagree with that?
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is anything ever black and white to you or is everything a giant hypothetical question?