Desiigner’s “Panda” Charts Higher Than Any Solo Future Song Ever Has (UPDATE: Hits #1)

Options
MrCrookedLetter
MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2016 in The Reason
Desiigner-Future.jpg?zc=1&s=0&a=t&q=89&w=1080

Future has dominated the rap game, though he hasn’t dominated the Billboard charts on his own. But Desiigner, the man who many feel jacked Future’s style, is finding great success on the charts. In fact, Desiigner’? single “Panda” has charted higher than any solo track Future has ever released.

Music writer Al Shipley pointed this fact out when news broke that Desiigner’s “Panda” hit No. 14 on the Billboard Hot 100. This is far higher than any Future solo release. The highest spot Future has attained on his own is No. 28. The Atlanta rapper’s DS2 track “Where Ya At” and Evol single “Low Life” have both reached No. 28.

It is shocking to see that Future’s singles have not charted very well while “Panda,” which come feels cribs from Fut’s style, has skyrocketed up the charts. The most success Future has found came through last year’s tandem with Drake as “Jumpman” did reach No. 3 on the Hot 100.

Perhaps the most surprising revelation in Future’s lack of Billboard chart success is the relatively low position of his most popular songs. 2014’s “Move That Dope” only managed to reach No. 46 on the Hot 100. The huge single “? Up Some Commas” could not even ? the top 50, peaking at No. 55.

In the end, Future’s doing fine without the Billboard accolades while Desiigner must prove that he is more than a one-hit wonder.

Read More: Desiigner's "Panda" Charts Higher Than Any Solo Future Song - XXL |

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2016/04/desiigners-panda-charts-future/?trackback=tsmclip

Comments

• xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's unfortunate in a lot of ways :/

It charted higher than Turn on the Lights??
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't pusha t or kanye sign him? Let's see if he can make another hit
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Key word is "solo".
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think if the song was in the OP I would've finally clicked to hear it.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That tweet is hilarious.

Especially the part about Drake.
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? acting like future made artistically tasteful music. all these songs aren't that much different than each other aside from the beats. and that panda beat was hard af
  • xxCivicxx
    Options
    This is unfortunate because it's gonna gas Desiigner to keep biting Future. Panda is a good song but it should have been a one-off at best, now this ? is gonna go overboard with the Future cloning
    gns wrote: »
    First time I heard "panda" I was like ; wow, future really stepped up his pen and flow game to something tolerable.
    The energy from that track was refreshing and exciting. Now I find out it wasnt future im not surprised at all by the chart placement.
    Future is an old ? with no crossover appeal. He should stick to ghostwriting for beyonce. Old head is trash.

Cross over to what??

Future makes drugged out music and love songs. How can he do that at a higher level than what he's doing??

How many times in history has the originator of something received less credit/love/accolades than someone who bites/clones that thing later??

Oh, it happens all the time?? Yeah I know
  • xxCivicxx
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Panda>>>>>>>>>>? Sprite

Lol I doubt you ever even listened to the original ? Sprite all the way through

And I don't understand how ? can say Future doesn't have lyrics but at the same time they refuse to listen to any Future that they haven't heard on the radio
  • xxCivicxx
    Options
    rubixcuban wrote: »
    ? acting like future made artistically tasteful music. all these songs aren't that much different than each other aside from the beats. and that panda beat was hard af

You have no idea what you're talking about, please stop lol

You've probably heard <10% of Future's whole discography.

Yes, the Panda beat is hard

Yes, the Panda flow/style is hard

The Panda flow/style is also Future's...

Tbh it sounds like Desiigner took a Chiraq beat and put some Future flows/adlibs over it

He's repping NY but the first thing out of his mouth is Atlanta

I just hope he develops a unique style, he's definitely talented at Future's style
  • xxCivicxx
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    This is unfortunate because it's gonna gas Desiigner to keep biting Future. Panda is a good song but it should have been a one-off at best, now this ? is gonna go overboard with the Future cloning
    gns wrote: »
    First time I heard "panda" I was like ; wow, future really stepped up his pen and flow game to something tolerable.
    The energy from that track was refreshing and exciting. Now I find out it wasnt future im not surprised at all by the chart placement.
    Future is an old ? with no crossover appeal. He should stick to ghostwriting for beyonce. Old head is trash.

Cross over to what??

Future makes drugged out music and love songs. How can he do that at a higher level than what he's doing??

How many times in history has the originator of something received less credit/love/accolades than someone who bites/clones that thing later??

Oh, it happens all the time?? Yeah I know

He's not the first person to extensively use autotune. He's not the originator.

I knew you was gon come to your daddy rescue

? when did I mention autotune??

Why do you keep imagining ? about me lol
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Future don't even make "hits", he makes mixtapes so this isn't surprising.

• Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Because we all thought it was future......