Desiigner’s “Panda” Charts Higher Than Any Solo Future Song Ever Has (UPDATE: Hits #1)

Options

Comments

• gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    R.D. wrote: »
    I don't mind it all

If what you do can be that easily replicated, maybe you don't deserve your spot

What about biggie and guerrilla black

U could tell the difference. Just the voice was similar.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    charles2 wrote: »
    Desiigner is a product of today's hip hop. Young Thug started it when he blew after admittedly stealing Wayne's style.

Dude in the FTESWL podcast made a good point comparing hip hop to rock and how they became a commodity. Labels want to put out a product with the least amount of money and effort for the biggest profit. When that occurs the copycats come out in droves because the label knows it's a formula that wins and the blueprint is already there. Movie studios do the same thing. A movie hit then you see 10 more just like it. Art should never be ran like a manufacturing company.
    Seriously ?

Like Shyne didn't copy Big voice 20 years b4 there was a Young thug ?

And Thug didn't take Wayne style, you can hear the influence but Wayne never did what Thug does
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't mind it all

Guerilla Black was not good
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't mind it all

Guerilla black could kinda imitate the flow and voice but could never write songs and lyrics like Big
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »
    and to think, dude was inspired by the car he was in on GTA V.

and he had NEVER been to atlanta before.

Wait what?

lol exactly.

"I’ve never been to Atlanta. I’ve never seen Atlanta, never smelled Atlanta, never touched Atlanta." -Desiigner

Oh wow lol smh
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    Nah Son wrote: »
    The way he performs makes him look seriously retarted

Word my ? ?

LOL......
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    and to think, dude was inspired by the car he was in on GTA V.

and he had NEVER been to atlanta before.

Wait what?

lol exactly.

"I’ve never been to Atlanta. I’ve never seen Atlanta, never smelled Atlanta, never touched Atlanta." -Desiigner

Lol I'm moreso talking about the GTA5 thing

i tried to tol ? about the importance of GTA V...

It's the best game of all time to me
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Desiigner is a product of today's hip hop. Young Thug started it when he blew after admittedly stealing Wayne's style.

Dude in the FTESWL podcast made a good point comparing hip hop to rock and how they became a commodity. Labels want to put out a product with the least amount of money and effort for the biggest profit. When that occurs the copycats come out in droves because the label knows it's a formula that wins and the blueprint is already there. Movie studios do the same thing. A movie hit then you see 10 more just like it. Art should never be ran like a manufacturing company.
    Seriously ?

And Thug didn't take Wayne style, you can hear the influence but Wayne never did what Thug does

• Ghostdenithegawd
    Options
    Only place I hear the shyness copied big voice thing is here doesn't he just nattualy sound like that? Sit the ? down

https://youtu.be/dm-HEq8jESs
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't hear it

Get mad
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Eh http://youtu.be/NPcPgAjHiRw

but desiigner naturally sounds like future too
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    Future be talkin bout ? ..what is this ? desiiiiner talking about?

"I got broads in Atlanta somethin somethin somethin scanner somethin somethin somethin with a panda"

I'm just not getting it..and it sound like he bought the beat off soundclick for $75 in 2013. New york need to focus on making sure Dave East wins and leave mumble rap to those that know how to do it.
    BMW
    Credit card scams
    I got ? who'll ? you

Typical street Brooklyn ?

I just cant get jiggy to that ? ..bobby shmurda repped bk better

How would you know/tell tho? They rap about the same ?
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options

Seriously ?

Nah, I can tell a distinct difference between Shyne and Biggie. True their voices sound the same, but that was how Shyne naturally sounded. But when he rapped he had a different cadence to his flow. And his voice was a little more subdued and at a lower tone. He didn't project as much as Big did. If you can't tell that then maybe that's why you ok with this copycat ? .

As far as Young Thug, he just elaborated on a portion of Wayne's style. The sing songy, nasally, barely audible and incomprehensible part of Wayne's flow.

And Guerilla Black didn't surpass Big and get accepted like these copycat ? these days are. He's best known for playing Biggie in the movie, not his music. Can't even remember any of his songs right now.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When you heard shyne rap you knew it wasn't biggie
    When you heard guerilla black rap you also knew it wasn't biggie
    But I'm sure when you heard TLOP everyone thought it was future if it wasn't for the tracklist. So those examples are weak
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options
    Eh http://youtu.be/NPcPgAjHiRw

but desiigner naturally sounds like future too

So the ad libs came prepackaged with the voice also?
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I laugh at ? being tight at this cat for droppin a song mumbling nothing but being ok with future doing it

You missed the entire point of the thread

You should reread it
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gemini86 wrote: »
    I don't mind it all

U could tell the difference. Just the voice was similar.
    But I'm sure when you heard TLOP everyone thought it was future if it wasn't for the tracklist. So those examples are weak

I could tell the difference btween future and desiigner on first listen tho not everybody fell for it so to me the examples are on the spot
  • gemini86
    Options
    Can south ? admit that future isn't all that great and he has no classics?
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who said he was and that he did tho?
  • gemini86
    Options
    So the 2 ? that flagged me can say this dude has classics and is a good rapper? See what I be talkin about. I personally think young thug better than future but that's not saying much
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Future is a legend in the making and Trap ? and March Madness along with the whole 56 nights tape are classics and if racks on racks comes on in the club/bar people still going crazy
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Future be talkin bout ? ..what is this ? desiiiiner talking about?

"I got broads in Atlanta somethin somethin somethin scanner somethin somethin somethin with a panda"

I'm just not getting it..and it sound like he bought the beat off soundclick for $75 in 2013. New york need to focus on making sure Dave East wins and leave mumble rap to those that know how to do it.
    BMW
    Credit card scams
    I got ? who'll ? you

Typical street Brooklyn ?

I just cant get jiggy to that ? ..bobby shmurda repped bk better

How would you know/tell tho? They rap about the same ?

I could understand shmurda for the most part
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Um... nobody was credited on the tracklist. You either knew who the artist was or found out via the credits released like a week after the fact
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes.