The devil loves you

Options

Comments

• zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    The devil loves me? The devil knew that without wisdom or understanding; knowledge of good and evil is a curse. I never knew of evil, so how could I avoid getting caught in the snares of evil? ? knew, ? said not to touch that ? , cuz ? knew without wisdom and understanding, knowledge of good and evil is a death sentence.

Devil didn't tell me, "oh btw, you won't have that knowledge right away, it gathers over time, mistake after mistake after mistake, and that's only if you learn from the mistake."
    There is no wisdom without knowledge. That's called foolishness; to profess to understand without even knowing.

YEAH NOW thanks to the snake

That doesn't even make any ? sense.

If makes perfect sense, adam and even did not need to learn anything in the way we do now , they had ? the sources of all wisdom. Now thanks to the snake we have to seek wisdom and knowledge... yes there is a difference between the 2
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still see the same debate going on and on and on and on for years and years and years.

But I guess this is just a way to pass the time I guess.
  • zzombie
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    I still see the same debate going on and on and on and on for years and years and years.

Religion has been around for thousands of years this is not a joke for many many people it's llife or death serious.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Assuming things really get that bad worldwide, what do you think this ? would do? I'm not sure humans would act better or more humane if things hit rock bottom either, people if anything would be more likely to turn into savages.

I hope ? wouldn't do anything, how insulting to give humans all these faculties to be great and then ? steps in a does ? for us, that kind of thing takes away from the opportunity to learn from mistakes. And people tend to get a different perspective after they've lost practically everything.

Wow, you would hope ? does nothing? Geez, even most religious people hope it does something someday lol but I respect your opinion. I'm not religious so I don't expect much on a worldwide basis but after reading the news today, I think a little divine intervention wouldn't hurt. Many people can't even help or take care of themselves, especially since their countries are bankrupt or don't have the resources.

Holy heaven, ? has tried, he's begged, he's pleaded, he's slaughtered, he's sacrificed himself, there is nothing that is gonna wake these humans up!!! Except, maybe them almost wiping themselves out.

Maybe humans haven't "woken up" because ? didn't try hard enough to gain the attention and respect of mankind. What is this ? doing now, in the age of Youtube, Twitter, and Snapchat? Nowhere to be found. And what do you mean ? pleaded, I don't see any gods begging and pleading anywhere.

? doesn't beg anymore, learned long ago humans were too selfish to notice.

When did this ? ever beg for humanity's attention though? People have claimed to speak to several gods throughout history, but they seem to be so absent now. It's one of the things that's fascinated me about religion since I was young, how active the gods seem to have been in ancient days but in modern times, they seem either dead or in hiding.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The devil loves me? The devil knew that without wisdom or understanding; knowledge of good and evil is a curse. I never knew of evil, so how could I avoid getting caught in the snares of evil? ? knew, ? said not to touch that ? , cuz ? knew without wisdom and understanding, knowledge of good and evil is a death sentence.

Devil didn't tell me, "oh btw, you won't have that knowledge right away, it gathers over time, mistake after mistake after mistake, and that's only if you learn from the mistake."
    There is no wisdom without knowledge. That's called foolishness; to profess to understand without even knowing.

If makes perfect sense, adam and even did not need to learn anything in the way we do now , they had ? the sources of all wisdom. Now thanks to the snake we have to seek wisdom and knowledge... yes there is a difference between the 2

The fact that you would want to live in a world where you don't have to know anything speaks to how little you care about purpose and self value.

Imagine someone telling you "Nah you don't need to know anything about anything. Nothing matters, you don't matter... well I matter because I'm ? ... but to be absolutely painstakingly clear, you don't matter so you don't need to know... ANYTHING"
  • zzombie
    Options

The fact that you would want to live in a world where you don't have to know anything speaks to how little you care about purpose and self value.

Imagine someone telling you "Nah you don't need to know anything about anything. Nothing matters, you don't matter... well I matter because I'm ? ... but to be absolutely painstakingly clear, you don't matter so you don't need to know... ANYTHING"

Is that what you really got from my post??.... SMH
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It seems Christians rarely know the Bible ? 's plans lol, that's part of my problem with the Christian view. We demand transparency from politicians, but the Bible ? won't make its plans clear. I'm not seeing a compelling reason to take the Bible ? seriously when Jesus himself said ? answers prayers and can fulfill anything, but yet millions of kids worldwide are afflicted with incurable, natural diseases and disasters.

In mostly Christian Venezuela, people throughout the country are telling reporters they're hungry and water has been cut off, and all I see is an absentee ? who is doing his best Harry Houdini impression. Spiritual blessings are great too I guess but I see no evidence it's even capable of that. What makes you think the Bible ? is capable of spiritual blessings when it can't even give many the basics of life?
    We don't know anybody plans much less ? plans outside of what they reveal to us about it. He told us the main plan as it pertain to us as a whole. As far as for each of us individually? Some stuff others just can't know. why that is so hard to accept?

A hint Jesus gave about prayer is ppl don't accomplish much good with theirs because they don't have enough faith.
    Some stuff ? expect us to settle on our own if we have have the tools and potential to do so.

And when did ? ever promise that we wouldn't experience any harm at all? You miss out many good things in life when you only focus on negativity, I wouldn't want to look at things like that..I'd be depressed.
  • Ajackson17
    Options

Religion has been around for thousands of years this is not a joke for many many people it's llife or death serious.

And no one has proven a thing, just believe what you want as long as it doesn't infringe on a person negatively. Be a Christian, Muslim, Atheist, Buddhist, agnostic, rastafarian, whatever. No one can prove at the end of the day, this is why I don't debate on it. It's not like there is any new finds or new information, nothing. Just rhetoric.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A child knows fire is hot because his mother tells him so. He understands what 'fire is hot' means when he touches it for himself. Wisdom is the application of that understanding.
    A child understands what "fire is hot" means when the child knows the definition of the words fire, is, and hot. Simply being told a fact is not equivalent to knowing or understanding it. If you cannot comprehend what you're being told, then how could you possibly know it? You've merely been made aware of it.

So it's awareness, then comprehension, then, knowledge, then understanding, then wisdom.

And then action.

You know your abc's before you understand what they mean and their purpose.

Comprehension is understanding and being made aware of something is knowing something. If you are not aware of something, you don't know something.

You're mostly agreeing with me.

I make the difference between comprehension and understanding in that comprehending a thing is conceptualizing what it is fundamentally on its own, whereas understanding it is getting its role in relation to other things.

But I said it first....
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options

Assuming things really get that bad worldwide, what do you think this ? would do? I'm not sure humans would act better or more humane if things hit rock bottom either, people if anything would be more likely to turn into savages.

I hope ? wouldn't do anything, how insulting to give humans all these faculties to be great and then ? steps in a does ? for us, that kind of thing takes away from the opportunity to learn from mistakes. And people tend to get a different perspective after they've lost practically everything.

Wow, you would hope ? does nothing? Geez, even most religious people hope it does something someday lol but I respect your opinion. I'm not religious so I don't expect much on a worldwide basis but after reading the news today, I think a little divine intervention wouldn't hurt. Many people can't even help or take care of themselves, especially since their countries are bankrupt or don't have the resources.

Holy heaven, ? has tried, he's begged, he's pleaded, he's slaughtered, he's sacrificed himself, there is nothing that is gonna wake these humans up!!! Except, maybe them almost wiping themselves out.

Maybe humans haven't "woken up" because ? didn't try hard enough to gain the attention and respect of mankind. What is this ? doing now, in the age of Youtube, Twitter, and Snapchat? Nowhere to be found. And what do you mean ? pleaded, I don't see any gods begging and pleading anywhere.

When did this ? ever beg for humanity's attention though? People have claimed to speak to several gods throughout history, but they seem to be so absent now. It's one of the things that's fascinated me about religion since I was young, how active the gods seem to have been in ancient days but in modern times, they seem either dead or in hiding.

In hiding I think, or maybe we really are blind.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    Options
    There is a difference between giving advice on how to live...and giving life. All the devil offers is advice. Given that the devil can masquerade as an angel of light, he can offer good advice that could better ourselves, but he does not care whether our next breath is our last.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    A child knows fire is hot because his mother tells him so. He understands what 'fire is hot' means when he touches it for himself. Wisdom is the application of that understanding.
    A child understands what "fire is hot" means when the child knows the definition of the words fire, is, and hot. Simply being told a fact is not equivalent to knowing or understanding it. If you cannot comprehend what you're being told, then how could you possibly know it? You've merely been made aware of it.

So it's awareness, then comprehension, then, knowledge, then understanding, then wisdom.

And then action.

You know your abc's before you understand what they mean and their purpose.

Comprehension is understanding and being made aware of something is knowing something. If you are not aware of something, you don't know something.

You're mostly agreeing with me.

I make the difference between comprehension and understanding in that comprehending a thing is conceptualizing what it is fundamentally on its own, whereas understanding it is getting its role in relation to other things.

But I said it first....

...My thread
  • soul rattler
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    There is a difference between giving advice on how to live...and giving life. All the devil offers is advice. Given that the devil can masquerade as an angel of light, he can offer good advice that could better ourselves, but he does not care whether our next breath is our last.

This is false.

Speaking in Abrahamic terms, the devil merely wants to give you the opportunity to decide. It's ? who wants to push you in a particular direction with commands and threats and consequences and rewards.
  • zzombie
    edited May 2016
    Options

And no one has proven a thing, just believe what you want as long as it doesn't infringe on a person negatively. Be a Christian, Muslim, Atheist, Buddhist, agnostic, rastafarian, whatever. No one can prove at the end of the day, this is why I don't debate on it. It's not like there is any new finds or new information, nothing. Just rhetoric.

The reason why there will always be a fuss made about what other people believe is because religion just like any other ideology is a container of how an individual sees the world and how you see the world will affect how you think about your fellow man.

like I tried to make you understand in a few other threads THAT in human society ideology, philosophy and psychology are more important to human life than what can be empirically/objectively proved.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited May 2016
    Options
    It's ? who wants to push you in a particular direction with commands and threats and consequences and rewards.

Sounds like society. Maybe we are made in ? 's image.
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I ain't ever loved a cac but I must admit y'all take good notes when you want .
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »

This is false.

Speaking in Abrahamic terms, the devil merely wants to give you the opportunity to decide. It's ? who wants to push you in a particular direction with commands and threats and consequences and rewards.

Though I don't agree with ? threatening people, I will agree with one thing...? does address consequence. ? did give Adam and Eve opportunity to choose and made them aware of the consequences of a particular choice...as with the devil, he essentially said...you can make a choice apart from consequence by saying "you will not surely die". If there is no consequence to the choices we make, then what is going to keep us from choosing what is wrong.

What the Devil wants is for us to spiritually keep putting our hands in the fire though we may not physically feel the burn.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Fosheezy wrote: »
    It seems Christians rarely know the Bible ? 's plans lol, that's part of my problem with the Christian view. We demand transparency from politicians, but the Bible ? won't make its plans clear. I'm not seeing a compelling reason to take the Bible ? seriously when Jesus himself said ? answers prayers and can fulfill anything, but yet millions of kids worldwide are afflicted with incurable, natural diseases and disasters.

In mostly Christian Venezuela, people throughout the country are telling reporters they're hungry and water has been cut off, and all I see is an absentee ? who is doing his best Harry Houdini impression. Spiritual blessings are great too I guess but I see no evidence it's even capable of that. What makes you think the Bible ? is capable of spiritual blessings when it can't even give many the basics of life?
    We don't know anybody plans much less ? plans outside of what they reveal to us about it. He told us the main plan as it pertain to us as a whole. As far as for each of us individually? Some stuff others just can't know. why that is so hard to accept?

A hint Jesus gave about prayer is ppl don't accomplish much good with theirs because they don't have enough faith.
    Some stuff ? expect us to settle on our own if we have have the tools and potential to do so.

And when did ? ever promise that we wouldn't experience any harm at all? You miss out many good things in life when you only focus on negativity, I wouldn't want to look at things like that..I'd be depressed.

I guess I'm the type of person to question things thoroughly before I believe in it, but I agree many things about life are great, without a doubt. I'm sure you can understand though why many people remain skeptical about the Christian viewpoint, it seems there's more questions then answers when I think about the Christian view. Maybe I have unrealistic ideas of what a ? is supposed to be, but otherwise I don't see any evidence the Bible ? is a real ? at all. It seems just as active as my dead guinea pigs.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

As long as the gods hide from us, people in general have no choice but to be blind to them. Most people can see as far as I know lol, most of us, if not all of us, are willing to give a supernatural being a chance. But first, it has to act supernatural.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options

As long as the gods hide from us, people in general have no choice but to be blind to them. Most people can see as far as I know lol, most of us, if not all of us, are willing to give a supernatural being a chance. But first, it has to act supernatural.

I only came in here to talk about the devil's love not all this other ? .
  • Ajackson17
    Options

The reason why there will always be a fuss made about what other people believe is because religion just like any other ideology is a container of how an individual sees the world and how you see the world will affect how you think about your fellow man.

like I tried to make you understand in a few other threads THAT in human society ideology, philosophy and psychology are more important to human life than what can be empirically/objectively proved.

So you don't realize that might be the very reason why we have so many issues as a species?

c487llrdbxt5.jpg
  • kingblaze84
    Options

I only came in here to talk about the devil's love not all this other ? .

Lol I feel you....humanity can use all the love it can get!
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    powerful thread right here
  • zzombie
    Options

So you don't realize that might be the very reason why we have so many issues as a species?

c487llrdbxt5.jpg

The only difference between a so called fable and our so called objective reality is the human mind. Now the human mind is shaped by religion and religion can be shaped by the human mind which is why what you disrespectfully consider to be fables IS of utmost importance to what kind of world the human species creates.
  • Ajackson17
    Options

c487llrdbxt5.jpg

The only difference between a so called fable and our so called objective reality is the human mind. Now the human mind is shaped by religion and religion can be shaped by the human mind which is why what you disrespectfully consider to be fables IS of utmost importance to what kind of world the human species creates.

Perception and reality are not the same.