The devil loves you

Options

Comments

• WYRM
    WYRM Members Posts: 993 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe we are an side effect act of ? "for lack of a better idea", contemplating and reflecting upon "it's" own existence. Even can be applied to a pantheon if that is a part of the discussion. ? and the Devil are in the same pantheon to a degree, and all "gods" may be a part of a greater whole that a singular entity used to explore the phenomenon of it's own existence and they therefore created us to explore their own creation. "As above, so below" the occult idea of reflections of macro and microcosms on the universal condition. Occult meaning more as the definition of universal mysteries.

Please don't assume what my faith is or isn't by a simple philosophical post discussing the subject. The idea of a devil or malevolent entity transcends "Judaic beliefs" and exist on some level in every culture.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idk why more people don't point out the mind when trying to make a point about ? illusiveness. We all agree we have a mind, this container like things that holds our thoughts and "who" we are, we can be inside our mind completely oblivious to "reality" but no one can find the damn thing! But we all swear we have it, well except for those who have "lost it". Ahhh well, smoke a bowl and think about it haha.

We know it operates with Neurons and such, but consciousness is a mystery on how it operates. A lack of data doesn't mean to be philosophical and think what ever conjure out of it is concrete data. It's safe to say we don't have any data to make a determination if a creator exists or not. I'm fine with that. The mind we know it operates cause the neurological impulses, but it could be that the brain is just the vehicle for consciousness, not the actual consciousness. That we don't know and cannot have a scientific model on what consciousness is. Maybe a scientific hypothesis...I don't know.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    I don't see ? as an individual-like being. Tho if ? is ? , ? is definitely the only one in that class. I see ? as a permeating presence, to be used by, felt by, heard and see by or not by humans. Humans are the only ones on the planet(as far as I know) that have developed the ability(by use of ? 's permeating presence) to even ponder this ? . ? imo "comes from" or rather resides in the void and from there everything is possible; undifferentiated potential(and also why we are "cut off" from ? . It is intelligent in that some sort of intelligence has collected overtime or it could not have progressed to this point, and it is that collection that anyone is able to connect to.

It is as mysterious yet wonderful as the mind. And if not for "? " and the 'serpent', I'd have not the mind to know! Haha damn that bowl was this morning....

It's a definitely a positive thing to ponder on and try to connect dots and all we know this force could just be like the speed force that it tampers with humanity a lil and see what it does with what gifts..... It may not be personal at all or it could be just a growing consciousness that takes all of the experiences that we have and thoughts and thinking and combined it with itself to get a conclusion about itself. Maybe we are just nutrients for this thing.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I cannot prove ? 's existence but I do maintain there is one. It is too much effort to convince someone, and it is not my job or business really. But I have no other explanation as to how I am able to be aware seconds before someone says something what they are going to say. Or maybe they didn't say it and I mention it and then they mention they were just thinking the same thing. This happens a little to frequently for it to be coincidence. I'm not a mind reader, I can't look at you and know what you're thinking, but a lot times I will get "impressions", like the information has be "pressed" upon me, instantaneous knowing. I didn't hear it, see it or read invisible words outside my head I just instantly "knew". I don't try to do, it just happens.

So then wtf is that ? and where is it coming from? It is not of my creation, I didn't think it, it came to me. Those are some of the things that tell me there is something else, something greater than myself, and obviously a lot more aware than myself, giving me information.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    I cannot prove ? 's existence but I do maintain there is one. It is too much effort to convince someone, and it is not my job or business really. But I have no other explanation as to how I am able to be aware seconds before someone says something what they are going to say. Or maybe they didn't say it and I mention it and then they mention they were just thinking the same thing. This happens a little to frequently for it to be coincidence. I'm not a mind reader, I can't look at you and know what you're thinking, but a lot times I will get "impressions", like the information has be "pressed" upon me, instantaneous knowing. I didn't hear it, see it or read invisible words outside my head I just instantly "knew". I don't try to do, it just happens.

So then wtf is that ? and where is it coming from? It is not of my creation, I didn't think it, it came to me. Those are some of the things that tell me there is something else, something greater than myself, and obviously a lot more aware than myself, giving me information.

https://www.brainpickings.org/2012/11/08/the-science-of-intuition-answers-for-aristotle/

Your brain understands repeated processes over time and time again. Our brain is a processor for quick and efficient work.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    Oh yes, I am very aware of that @Ajackson17 and keep it in mind.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Oh yes, I am very aware of that @Ajackson17 and keep it in mind.

Double entendre
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't see ? as an individual-like being. Tho if ? is ? , ? is definitely the only one in that class. I see ? as a permeating presence, to be used by, felt by, heard and see by or not by humans. Humans are the only ones on the planet(as far as I know) that have developed the ability(by use of ? 's permeating presence) to even ponder this ? . ? imo "comes from" or rather resides in the void and from there everything is possible; undifferentiated potential(and also why we are "cut off" from ? . It is intelligent in that some sort of intelligence has collected overtime or it could not have progressed to this point, and it is that collection that anyone is able to connect to.

It is as mysterious yet wonderful as the mind. And if not for "? " and the 'serpent', I'd have not the mind to know! Haha damn that bowl was this morning....

I can dig that, I've always thought there are multiple forces at work throughout the world, maybe different spirit forces of some kind. I'm still not ready to call these spirit forces gods but who knows. Interesting theory.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    one word. Choice. When you choose to give energy to either side, good or evil, you will see how far the Spirit goes. Make the right choice because your soul depends on it.........
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options

I can dig that, I've always thought there are multiple forces at work throughout the world, maybe different spirit forces of some kind. I'm still not ready to call these spirit forces gods but who knows. Interesting theory.

I'm leery af to nail down definitions or descriptions of things too cuz for me it's like the ten commandments, you carve something in stone and ? gonna break.

And the ten commandment phenomenon happens with A LOT of ? .
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    How do you even attempt to prove a deity even exists? What method did you use, what testing and experimentation did you do? Do you have an encounter that you could definitely prove and show us to quantify what you are saying? Or is it just belief?

you cannot prove a ? exists to someone else because a ? has agency and power of it's own a ? would have to reveal himself to you. I cannot tell you how I know ? exists but I can tell you how to find ? on your own I can put you on the path and you can find ? on your own but you would have to be willing to actually do it.

An easier way to know for sure that the supernatural exists is to look to the negative aspects of the spiritual world because they will look into you. ? and the positive aspects are working on your behalf everyday but most people are just not sensitive enough to pick up on it.

There are reasons I asked these questions because Luke said there is a definite way of proving ? exists. Then I asked him a serious of questions to see how he knows this. You cannot say you can prove something and then don't prove it. That's ? . Reeks of con-artistry.

i said obviously. get it right. i did not say definite. u say definite. what is obvious to some obviously is not to others. Just like it's obvious I wrote alot to explain just a few things that are obvious things that stand out to me of ? 's existence.

Really zzombie explained it quite well.
    With me, these arguments don't so much interest me because I'm not the one questioning ? 's existence. You are. But, b/c you accuse and challenge me sometimes I get bored at work and might respond as such:

1-Another example is the voice in your head. Prove it exists. What method do you use, test it, experiment it. There is a voice in my head, sometimes a voice that doesn't quite sound like my own and seems to just know something and is telling me something. Now, do I say inside my head there are no lips, there are no vocal chords, there is nothing to emit sound? Therefore I did not hear it. You can say it, but its obvious something is sometimes talking. I can argue with it, reason with it and differentiate the other voice from my own thoughts, but my thoughts or conscious is what you use to define it as. Once you figure out how many chromosomes something has, you therefore say this proves there is no ? . What? So because I know a kid comes from sex or that a body conducts and emits electricity then all of a sudden THIS proves there is no ? .
    2-Proof of Jesus existence is good enough for me according to what I've read, but then for you and many like you will say its myth or mixed with lies. I can look at 66 different books written (proving ? 's direct existence but you don't accept it as evidence) and collected as the bible and thousands others omitted but written to confirm accounts all the way from Egypt to Syria to Greece to Palestine, Iran Ethiopia even China.
    3-I can look at Josephus and Eusebius authors and historians who lived within 50-200 years of Jesus's departure writing on what happened in response to his leaving and how Christians formed to be more than a sect.
    4-I can look at the order of things in the world as proof such as the ridiculous set of order set in place that obviously points to a creator or if not Christian or one who believes in a deity then it obviously points to life having come from somewhere else besides Earth who orchestrated this like a garden where everything survives off the other. And no, I don't believe it's just by accident, obviously. Also sidenote: since many planets of water, some carbon, light and yet no life exists. None & if it did I would be very interested to hear their accounts of their origin. Small clue into the order is (the earth moves at 46,000 mph, the sun is like a magnet holding planets in order, the moon acts as a balance for the tides, plants breathe in the carbon we exhale and we breathe in the oxygen they exhale keeping both of us alive, the balance of something being created in life yet also having a complete diet and the ability to procreate just in time before a species death and then death in many ways serving the revolution of life.

5-I can look at death and the fact that there has been non consistent or actual proof of what happens when you die as pointing to something else existing beyond life as we know it.

6-I can look to ouija boards or other attempts to call up evil in other forms that shows itself in the human world.
    7-I can look at the energy in ur body having to be released in some non-physical form and obviously entering a metaphysical or state of existence without a body.
    8-I can look at the bible as the only book as constantly showing ? 's intervention while doing it through hundreds of people's families who still exist today in Palestine, Ethiopia, Greece, Rome and can still trace their family names and written accounts kept by Eastern Orthodox and Catholics to verify existence. On top of this and using real people that existed this is also the only book that has the creation of humans with names all the way to where we can trace today detailing an intricate account of man's relationship with ? .
    But to someone who doesn't read the bible and just reads on ways how to critique it then all the bible's direct examples don't matter to you. They do matter to me and are evidence.

9-I can look at the healing powers of prayer or even evil seances that sometimes have an effect on people (be it consciously or subconsciously--though some in hospitals are unconscious while others are praying for them)

10-I can look at many of the prophecies by these people coming true as evidence (which was part of their point in making the prophecy)
    11-small things such as the bible saying ? created light and from that came life and in 2016 it being confirmed that at the first collision of all organic life's conception point an incalculable measure of light is emitted. (again, not evidence but interesting). Or humans living much longer and taller if carbon in the atmosphere was more pure.
    But my reasons aren't yours, so since you make an argument your point will be to refute or ridicule "my" belief and basis with challenges as if your beliefs cannot also be challenged. So I guess I'm supposed to keep defending my belief to someone who refuses to study on their own but wants me to engage in an endless argument to convince them of something they are set on discounting as folly. What's obvious to me, obviously is not so with you. Even though the voice in your head speaks to your heart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2016
    Options

I'm leery af to nail down definitions or descriptions of things too cuz for me it's like the ten commandments, you carve something in stone and ? gonna break.

And the ten commandment phenomenon happens with A LOT of ? .

Yep I agree, unless I see official evidence of something, I'll always question it in some way, and that's never a bad thing. Even with our closest friends or family members, we question things if they act in a way that demands answers. So assuming there is a (reasonable) ? out there, I'm sure it would welcome anyone questioning how and why the way the world is. My thoughts as I'm high again lol, I gotta smoke them bowls the way you be doing
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    I've only been smokin more during my extra time of, normally I do it occasionally cuz I find a lot more things come together in my mind when I only smoke once a month or so.
  • Ajackson17
    Options

No, I wasn't making fun, but when you give an absolute then you must provide an absolute answer. This is why scientist give probabilities versus giving absolutes if information changes based on new evidence.

We can't prove consciousness and that's real, we can't prove how it works and operates, we know it interfaces with your brain but we don't make conclusions then come down and prove conclusions.

The thing is I always said a belief is personal and if it's rejected then it's rejected, but to prove or disprove something you can't even prove in the first place is the issue. You can I say I believe in a ? that's cool, but you cannot say ? exists without using objective measures not subjective measures. A billion people can be wrong and one can be correct, but without objectivity then you can never be sure if it's correct or not cause humans have biases tendencies.

Another Ouija boards, I played with them all the time and nothing happened to me while someone says something awful happened to them. That's subjective.

An accident is not even in science, just phenomenons. It's the intelligent design or it's natural selection. Again we can't test a creator/deity so this is why we can never know.

You need a device to see the energy in me and energy is in everything and is movement and motion.

You can't explain why I don't believe and why I am critical because critical analysis is the beginning of questioning and learning. If you don't now something you must question it, correct? There are events that did take place in the bible, highly exaggerated in some instances, but it did happened such as semites entering in canaan and egypt leaving sumer and going back to that land when it was conquered by the babylonians and persians. 44

Number 9 I have yet to see an documentation on that happening, but people who think positively have shown to do better and possibly due to the brain giving signals to continue fighting and those who think negatively tend to do worse since they are probably sending signals for the body to give up.

10 I won't go into much detail on prophecies due to some them we haven't found original text that can be properly measured to the time it was said to be written in.

11) Life isn't known how it started from a scientific lense. Abiogensis is only a scientific hypothesis not a scientific theory.

I'm not even convincing you of not being a Christian or having any spiritual beliefs, but you were the one who gave a staunch stance and saying your deity exists without a question or doubt. It's not me to prove you that it doesn't exist but the one who says the being exists.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

No, I wasn't making fun, but when you give an absolute then you must provide an absolute answer. This is why scientist give probabilities versus giving absolutes if information changes based on new evidence.

We can't prove consciousness and that's real, we can't prove how it works and operates, we know it interfaces with your brain but we don't make conclusions then come down and prove conclusions.

The thing is I always said a belief is personal and if it's rejected then it's rejected, but to prove or disprove something you can't even prove in the first place is the issue. You can I say I believe in a ? that's cool, but you cannot say ? exists without using objective measures not subjective measures. A billion people can be wrong and one can be correct, but without objectivity then you can never be sure if it's correct or not cause humans have biases tendencies.

Another Ouija boards, I played with them all the time and nothing happened to me while someone says something awful happened to them. That's subjective.

An accident is not even in science, just phenomenons. It's the intelligent design or it's natural selection. Again we can't test a creator/deity so this is why we can never know.

You need a device to see the energy in me and energy is in everything and is movement and motion.

You can't explain why I don't believe and why I am critical because critical analysis is the beginning of questioning and learning. If you don't now something you must question it, correct? There are events that did take place in the bible, highly exaggerated in some instances, but it did happened such as semites entering in canaan and egypt leaving sumer and going back to that land when it was conquered by the babylonians and persians. 44

Number 9 I have yet to see an documentation on that happening, but people who think positively have shown to do better and possibly due to the brain giving signals to continue fighting and those who think negatively tend to do worse since they are probably sending signals for the body to give up.

10 I won't go into much detail on prophecies due to some them we haven't found original text that can be properly measured to the time it was said to be written in.

11) Life isn't known how it started from a scientific lense. Abiogensis is only a scientific hypothesis not a scientific theory.

I'm not even convincing you of not being a Christian or having any spiritual beliefs, but you were the one who gave a staunch stance and saying your deity exists without a question or doubt. It's not me to prove you that it doesn't exist but the one who says the being exists.

You do know that the OUIJA BOARDS people play with are not real witch boards???? you cannot buy this ? in a store and expect it to work the way it was intended. YOU HAVE TO MAKE ONE.

• zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this whole believers vs non believers things really comes down to perspectives on reality

on one side you have the materialist who think that reality can be reduced to only being phenomenons that can be studied experimented on and that we can draw conclusions from these experiments these people reduce humanity to being nothing more than a collection of atoms.

On the other side you have the people who think that reality is more than that, who think that reality is only partially composed of the material world with it's atoms, partial waves, strings and whatnot. These people believe that our species is above but within the material universe.

It's like the human species is literally split in half you have the people with spiritual senses and you the people who either don't have any at all or whose spiritual ability has atrophied to almost nothingness.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    this whole believers vs non believers things really comes down to perspectives on reality

on one side you have the materialist who think that reality can be reduced to only being phenomenons that can be studied experimented on and that we can draw conclusions from these experiments these people reduce humanity to being nothing more than a collection of atoms.

On the other side you have the people who think that reality is more than that, who think that reality is only partially composed of the material world with it's atoms, partial waves, strings and whatnot. These people believe that our species is above but within the material universe.

It's like the human species is literally split in half you have the people with spiritual senses and you the people who either don't have any at all or whose spiritual ability has atrophied to almost nothingness.

I can only go what we can base our information on as of now, but if you want my perspective and my beliefs that if there is a creator than we are within that creator as with evolution all life has a common ancestor a progenitor. I personally believe that consciousness is the existence force learning more of itself using us. I can't prove that is the case and thus I keep that to myself or if someone asks.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    take away titles and describe each entity as a human, ppl will say that the one w Gods description is the evil person and the devil is good

titles play the part here, nothing else
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    take away titles and describe each entity as a human, ppl will say that the one w Gods description is the evil person and the devil is good

YOU THINK THATS ALL IT IS?

IF THE DEVIL IS KNOWN TO LIE AND DECIEVE, WOULDNT HE ALSO DO THAT WITH HIS APPEARANCE/WHOLE BEING AND SAID PURPOSE?

• kingblaze84
    Options

MARIO_DRO wrote: »

IF THE DEVIL IS KNOWN TO LIE AND DECIEVE, WOULDNT HE ALSO DO THAT WITH HIS APPEARANCE/WHOLE BEING AND SAID PURPOSE?

Jesus lied about coming quickly (2,000 years later, no appearances lol), and the Bible ? in the OT admits to sending lying and deceiving spirits several times. What's your point?

• kingblaze84
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Satanists are planning to create a giant pentagram hologram in the sky in Lancaster, California tomorrow, for 6-6-16 celebrations. Supposedly the hologram will have the pentagram expand and be seen from throughout the whole city. They released a statement on it earlier this week....

http://macarthur.charismanews.com/opinion/57497-6-6-16-satanists-in-los-angeles-will-construct-a-giant-pentagram-to-raise-awareness-for-satanism

The Pentagram is a star with five points. Using GPS technology we will place the five points of the star so that the Pentagram will encompass your entire city. When all of the points are in place, the Pentagram is completed. Drawing this symbol around your city represents a solemn promise from us, the Satanic Temple of Los Angeles. We will stand with the good people of the City of Lancaster and struggle for our constitutional right to individual liberty, freedom of expression and the separation of church and state in your community.

--Sounds interesting.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lol what you just said would actually prove his point. The Devil would be posing as ? as he's known to lie and deceive, and he/she would have the impressionable believing that good is bad and bad is good.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What did the devil ever lie about?
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^ we've been through this @kingblaze84 .... that's man's handiwork, not gods.

And what exactly is this "? " (which ? ?) doing about it? Humans have polluted and screwed up the world in many ways, true, but what exactly is this ? doing about the natural parasites and other horrors of the world? Is this ? really that lazy, or just a giant ? ? After all these years, let's be honest, humans aren't going to improve by much.
    Humanity has to hit rock bottom first.

How far to the bottom does humanity have to hit lol?? Many people are doing fine of course but BILLIONS of people are living horrible, awful lives, often from natural causes. And humans aren't going to be any less greedy or reckless with how they treat the environment and other people, wars will continue to rage and landfills are only going to get more overcrowded. Some places have already hit rock bottom, and yet the misery in some places continues.

my theory is the moment one human feels like they can actually rival ? ...(and has the potential (through technology) will he appear again..

honestly if you read both testaments you see in the old testament that ? had limitations and had more "human" emotions. Its the new testament where ? is perceived as this "perfect" being..

either way the bible is different accounts of how those particular people experienced his presents and how they perceived him. Honestly there is no "wrong or right way" believe in him..

• Ajackson17
    Options
    ^^^ we've been through this @kingblaze84 .... that's man's handiwork, not gods.

And what exactly is this "? " (which ? ?) doing about it? Humans have polluted and screwed up the world in many ways, true, but what exactly is this ? doing about the natural parasites and other horrors of the world? Is this ? really that lazy, or just a giant ? ? After all these years, let's be honest, humans aren't going to improve by much.
    Humanity has to hit rock bottom first.

How far to the bottom does humanity have to hit lol?? Many people are doing fine of course but BILLIONS of people are living horrible, awful lives, often from natural causes. And humans aren't going to be any less greedy or reckless with how they treat the environment and other people, wars will continue to rage and landfills are only going to get more overcrowded. Some places have already hit rock bottom, and yet the misery in some places continues.

my theory is the moment one human feels like they can actually rival ? ...(and has the potential (through technology) will he appear again..

honestly if you read both testaments you see in the old testament that ? had limitations and had more "human" emotions. Its the new testament where ? is perceived as this "perfect" being..

either way the bible is different accounts of how those particular people experienced his presents and how they perceived him. Honestly there is no "wrong or right way" believe in him..

That's evolution of a deity.