Comments

• Mr_Vicodin81G
    Mr_Vicodin81G Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell seems a lot more fun than heaven imo
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Mr_Vicodin81G Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Which ever one has the weed heaven or hell is the place I would want 2 end up. They both bogus tho.
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I guess I'm the type of person to question things thoroughly before I believe in it, but I agree many things about life are great, without a doubt. I'm sure you can understand though why many people remain skeptical about the Christian viewpoint, it seems there's more questions then answers when I think about the Christian view. Maybe I have unrealistic ideas of what a ? is supposed to be, but otherwise I don't see any evidence the Bible ? is a real ? at all. It seems just as active as my dead guinea pigs.
    @kingblaze84
    I get that. It's all gravy. As long as you not like some ppl that go around purposely lying about the facts.

I be praying that ppl come to their senses about the word but if a person won't be honest with themselves it's hard...it's like something ppl refuse to do these days it seem.

Maybe your mind is completely made up already. I had a couple friends like that....some of them I'm no longer friends with. Not because I did anything wrong to them but just because my strong held biblical views...but at least I know the reason they don't wanna be friends isn't because I wasn't being real with em
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    I still see the same debate going on and on and on and on for years and years and years.

But I guess this is just a way to pass the time I guess.

Religion has been around for thousands of years this is not a joke for many many people it's llife or death serious.

And no one has proven a thing, just believe what you want as long as it doesn't infringe on a person negatively. Be a Christian, Muslim, Atheist, Buddhist, agnostic, rastafarian, whatever. No one can prove at the end of the day, this is why I don't debate on it. It's not like there is any new finds or new information, nothing. Just rhetoric.

The reason why there will always be a fuss made about what other people believe is because religion just like any other ideology is a container of how an individual sees the world and how you see the world will affect how you think about your fellow man.

like I tried to make you understand in a few other threads THAT in human society ideology, philosophy and psychology are more important to human life than what can be empirically/objectively proved.

So you don't realize that might be the very reason why we have so many issues as a species?

c487llrdbxt5.jpg

The only difference between a so called fable and our so called objective reality is the human mind. Now the human mind is shaped by religion and religion can be shaped by the human mind which is why what you disrespectfully consider to be fables IS of utmost importance to what kind of world the human species creates.

Perception and reality are not the same.

PERCEPTION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN REALITY. There are scientist that will tell you that what we call reality is a 3-d projection ( look it up ) but who cares??? that doesn't affect anything in human life that is actually pertinent to human life... those fables however do actually address human life and have guided humanity
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fosheezy wrote: »
    I guess I'm the type of person to question things thoroughly before I believe in it, but I agree many things about life are great, without a doubt. I'm sure you can understand though why many people remain skeptical about the Christian viewpoint, it seems there's more questions then answers when I think about the Christian view. Maybe I have unrealistic ideas of what a ? is supposed to be, but otherwise I don't see any evidence the Bible ? is a real ? at all. It seems just as active as my dead guinea pigs.
    @kingblaze84
    I get that. It's all gravy. As long as you not like some ppl that go around purposely lying about the facts.

I be praying that ppl come to their senses about the word but if a person won't be honest with themselves it's hard...it's like something ppl refuse to do these days it seem.

Maybe your mind is completely made up already. I had a couple friends like that....some of them I'm no longer friends with. Not because I did anything wrong to them but just because my strong held biblical views...but at least I know the reason they don't wanna be friends isn't because I wasn't being real with em

Yeah I got friends who are Christian and it's a shame you lost some friends over your beliefs, but I wouldn't stop respecting someone just because they have different religious beliefs then me. My homegirl (the chick on my avy) is herself Christian and sometimes after smoking weed she likes to get a little preachy on me, and she knows exactly how I feel about the Bible ? but respect is respect.

As far as my mind being made up, as I've said throughout this thread and others ones, I'm open to a ? proving itself to me. But if my basic questions about life can't be answered, then my mind will remain closed to the Bible and whatever stories are in it. Believe it or not I myself prayed when I was younger to have my faith be increased, but all I felt was silence. Being honest with myself, I decided I can't believe what I don't see or feel. But congrats on being able to feel the Bible ? 's presence lol

• kingblaze84
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hell seems a lot more fun than heaven imo

Word, assuming the devil is real (which of course it isn't), it seems like more of an easy going guy then the Bible ? , who comes across as a giant ? in the grand scheme of things. Case in point....

https://youtu.be/Pq2z6VfZu6Q

^^That's a little girl by the way.
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Why did you wack that Zombie? Are you not proud of what your so called ? has created? I can always post more wonderful videos of flesh eating bacteria at work, worse then the one above. Are you not proud of ALL of its creations.....?
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options

Yeah I got friends who are Christian and it's a shame you lost some friends over your beliefs, but I wouldn't stop respecting someone just because they have different religious beliefs then me. My homegirl (the chick on my avy) is herself Christian and sometimes after smoking weed she likes to get a little preachy on me, and she knows exactly how I feel about the Bible ? but respect is respect.

As far as my mind being made up, as I've said throughout this thread and others ones, I'm open to a ? proving itself to me. But if my basic questions about life can't be answered, then my mind will remain closed to the Bible and whatever stories are in it. Believe it or not I myself prayed when I was younger to have my faith be increased, but all I felt was silence. Being honest with myself, I decided I can't believe what I don't see or feel. But congrats on being able to feel the Bible ? 's presence lol

I appreciate that you question stuff though. Questioning is good, but it's better when someone around that know the right answer that can quickly help, since Christianity is a religion of teaching. and in the Bible it teach that belief (faith) is necessary, but that belief is based on "hearing" the truth. which Jesus said the word of ? is (actually) truth...truth is what people really hungry for. majority of what is taught in mainstream CHristianity is watered down versions of this truth...it's missing the nutrients and substance. therefore it doesn't produce a true 'hearing' (understanding) in the ears of many non-christians with questions..and for many is probably why it lead to disbelief. gotta go to the source to get the real deal. Society and mainstream Christianity is not teaching yall how to fish.

But i'm not gonna get too deep in the game, i'ma leave it alone for now. lol.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still see the same debate going on and on and on and on for years and years and years.

Religion has been around for thousands of years this is not a joke for many many people it's llife or death serious.

And no one has proven a thing, just believe what you want as long as it doesn't infringe on a person negatively. Be a Christian, Muslim, Atheist, Buddhist, agnostic, rastafarian, whatever. No one can prove at the end of the day, this is why I don't debate on it. It's not like there is any new finds or new information, nothing. Just rhetoric.

The reason why there will always be a fuss made about what other people believe is because religion just like any other ideology is a container of how an individual sees the world and how you see the world will affect how you think about your fellow man.

like I tried to make you understand in a few other threads THAT in human society ideology, philosophy and psychology are more important to human life than what can be empirically/objectively proved.

So you don't realize that might be the very reason why we have so many issues as a species?

c487llrdbxt5.jpg

The only difference between a so called fable and our so called objective reality is the human mind. Now the human mind is shaped by religion and religion can be shaped by the human mind which is why what you disrespectfully consider to be fables IS of utmost importance to what kind of world the human species creates.

PERCEPTION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN REALITY. There are scientist that will tell you that what we call reality is a 3-d projection ( look it up ) but who cares??? that doesn't affect anything in human life that is actually pertinent to human life... those fables however do actually address human life and have guided humanity

So if a man's perception that he can fly when he jumps off a building and that the laws of gravity don't apply to him when will reality become important for him to realize that he cannot survive jumping off a 32 story building?
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I CANT DO NOTHING BUT LAUGH AT THIS THREAD AND THE RESPONSES
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    MARIO_DRO wrote: »

Cause you can't comprehend the discussion? @MARIO_DRO
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

OH.. I CAN COMPREHEND QUITE WELL... JUST LAUGHIN AT THE IGNORANCE OF IT ALL
  • Ajackson17
    Options

Explain your piece in here.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

I appreciate that you question stuff though. Questioning is good, but it's better when someone around that know the right answer that can quickly help, since Christianity is a religion of teaching. and in the Bible it teach that belief (faith) is necessary, but that belief is based on "hearing" the truth. which Jesus said the word of ? is (actually) truth...truth is what people really hungry for. majority of what is taught in mainstream CHristianity is watered down versions of this truth...it's missing the nutrients and substance. therefore it doesn't produce a true 'hearing' (understanding) in the ears of many non-christians with questions..and for many is probably why it lead to disbelief. gotta go to the source to get the real deal. Society and mainstream Christianity is not teaching yall how to fish.

But i'm not gonna get too deep in the game, i'ma leave it alone for now. lol.

I actually went to Catholic school when I was younger, went to one for about 10 years, elementary and first two years of high school, so I know the Bible very, very well. I've read it over and over and while I was always questioning things then, I was at one point a Christian.

I've read it and I gotta be honest, many parts of the Bible disgusted me. There seem to be too many lies in it, remember what Jesus said about prayer? Didn't he say he'd come back "quickly"? 2,000 plus years later, nothing is going on. Million year old grudges? Nevermind the ridiculous things the Old Testament supports, the more I read it, the more I realized the Bible ? is some kind of nutcase, not a reasonable being.

I do agree mainstream Christianity is watered down, but that's because Christianity and the Bible have lost a ton of influence worldwide. If it wasn't for European colonization and them destroying the cultures and religions of millions around the world, a ton of people wouldn't even be Christian right now. Think about that.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

Why can't your Bible ? prove us all wrong then? Why the giant Harry Houdini act?
  • zzombie
    Options

c487llrdbxt5.jpg

So if a man's perception that he can fly when he jumps off a building and that the laws of gravity don't apply to him when will reality become important for him to realize that he cannot survive jumping off a 32 story building?

smh... you still don't get what i am saying perception is more important than reality among humans... do you get it now??? how we think and what we think is real is more important than what can be scientifically proven because those thoughts have more affect on daily human life and at a certain level science becomes bloodklatt mumbo bloodklatt jumbo that has no effect on anything that actually matter to human life. So what matter more is human perception

which is why people are in a constant ideological battle with each other because the thoughts expressed in an ideology can go on to have drastic effect on humanity.

IT WILL always be this religion against that religion/ this religion against secular humanism and atheism.

IT will always be this economic system ( capitalism) against that economic system (communism/socialism)

and the one that predominates will have sway over humanity which is the same as have ? over reality.
  • Ajackson17
    Options

c487llrdbxt5.jpg

smh... you still don't get what i am saying perception is more important than reality among humans... do you get it now??? how we think and what we think is real is more important than what can be scientifically proven because those thoughts have more affect on daily human life and at a certain level science becomes bloodklatt mumbo bloodklatt jumbo that has no effect on anything that actually matter to human life. So what matter more is human perception

which is why people are in a constant ideological battle with each other because the thoughts expressed in an ideology can go on to have drastic effect on humanity.

IT WILL always be this religion against that religion/ this religion against secular humanism and atheism.

IT will always be this economic system ( capitalism) against that economic system (communism/socialism)

and the one that predominates will have sway over humanity which is the same as have ? over reality.

Lmfao, basically you pretty much said humans live in their imagination lol. Everyone got the best idea in the world when a natural disaster hits and nothing else matters after that point.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Lmfao, basically you pretty much said humans live in their imagination lol. Everyone got the best idea in the world when a natural disaster hits and nothing else matters after that point.

Lankavatara-sutra says:
    All things appear as perfect reality to the mind.
    Apart from the mind no reality as such exits.
    To perceive external reality is to see it wrongly.

Vajrapanjara-tantra says:
    Neither ordinary beings nor enlightened ones
    Exists outside of the precious mind.
  • Ajackson17
    Options

Lankavatara-sutra says:

Neurological components that is affected by stimuli to their environment that is reality.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • zzombie
    edited May 2016
    Options

Lankavatara-sutra says:

Neurological components that is affected by stimuli to their environment that is reality.

Except at it's deepest level science has begun to dispute that base reality and also you still cannot grasp what I am saying... I am not actually questioning the realness of reality (although science itself does question that) I am questioning how much "reality" actually matters compared to what humans think.

I say, what we think is more important because it has more effect on human life. Therefor there will always be a battle of ideologies.

? thought the Nordics were superior we thought otherwise and as a result millions of people died. Compare that reality to the "reality" of any natural disaster which is more pertinent???

• Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sounds like The Devil=Ayn Rand
  • zzombie
    Options

Lankavatara-sutra says:

Do You also realize that what you are saying here is that reality is only what we can perceive
  • Ajackson17
    Options

Lankavatara-sutra says:

Except at it's deepest level science has begun to dispute that base reality and also you still cannot grasp what I am saying... I am not actually questioning the realness of reality (although science itself does question that) I am questioning how much "reality" actually matters compared to what humans think.

I say, what we think is more important because it has more effect on human life. Therefor there will always be a battle of ideologies.

? thought the Nordics were superior we thought otherwise and as a result millions of people died. Compare that reality to the "reality" of any natural disaster which is more pertinent???

There are a few that think because of the mathematics that reality maybe simulated and as well the universe has a grid. There is a lot of controversy and the scientific hypothesis of that reasoning really is radical which we need radical thought, but sometimes we have to ask even deeper questions which some scientists are really asking. But anyway.....

What is being thought and what is being actually played out and what actually is happening are very different things. ? did thought the Nordics were a superior people, but if he actually paid attention to history, he would have realized that Nordics were the last to make significant amount of history to the global world. Their biggest fame was the Spartacus rebellion which ended due to their ability to separate and not a lot of resources while living in the mountains and hills. So his judgement wasn't based on anything logical, but based on what he thought should happen and he lost a war the and his life. Also, his paternal nephews who are paternally related to his father have all E markers in which you only get from your father on the Y chromosome haplogroup and ? would have had a E marker and probably descended from East/North Africans which destroys his own theory.

I'm not denying that man's imagination isn't pertinent to the discussion, I'm saying how it is shaped and the irrationality/false rational conclusions can cause way more harm than any good without doing the proper research. If DNA existed in ? 's time before his rise, his own ideologies would have marked him DEAD.

http://www.eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_E1b1b_Y-DNA.shtml

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/world-war-two/7961211/? -had-Jewish-and-African-roots-DNA-tests-show.html

I'm saying be careful what your ideologies lead you because they sure can lead you to your demise and show you are very ignorant of who you are.
  • zzombie
    Options

Lankavatara-sutra says:

There are a few that think because of the mathematics that reality maybe simulated and as well the universe has a grid. There is a lot of controversy and the scientific hypothesis of that reasoning really is radical which we need radical thought, but sometimes we have to ask even deeper questions which some scientists are really asking. But anyway.....

What is being thought and what is being actually played out and what actually is happening are very different things. ? did thought the Nordics were a superior people, but if he actually paid attention to history, he would have realized that Nordics were the last to make significant amount of history to the global world. Their biggest fame was the Spartacus rebellion which ended due to their ability to separate and not a lot of resources while living in the mountains and hills. So his judgement wasn't based on anything logical, but based on what he thought should happen and he lost a war the and his life. Also, his paternal nephews who are paternally related to his father have all E markers in which you only get from your father on the Y chromosome haplogroup and ? would have had a E marker and probably descended from East/North Africans which destroys his own theory.

I'm not denying that man's imagination isn't pertinent to the discussion, I'm saying how it is shaped and the irrationality/false rational conclusions can cause way more harm than any good without doing the proper research. If DNA existed in ? 's time before his rise, his own ideologies would have marked him DEAD.

http://www.eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_E1b1b_Y-DNA.shtml

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/world-war-two/7961211/? -had-Jewish-and-African-roots-DNA-tests-show.html

I'm saying be careful what your ideologies lead you because they sure can lead you to your demise and show you are very ignorant of who you are.

@ the bold which is why i have been saying that what people think is more important than "reality"

The reality judging by the historical record is that nordic people were more primitive but like i just told you that reality meant nothing. HIS genealogy and family history all of that means absolutely nothing what mattered more was what ? perceived. Dna exist now but nazis with ? like thoughts still exist because the reality of the DNA IS OF INFERIOR IMPORTANCE. The whole ? was jewish thing is dubious

proper research once held that all black people were inferior, is was once consider a rational conclusion that what slaves ran away they were suffering from drapetomania When it come to certain subjects don't put so much stock in "proper research" BECAUSE research is only the compiling of information gathered from human beings and Humanity is not logical nor do we often truly understand what we perceive.