The Official NBA Lotto/Draft Thread

Options

Comments

• ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No ? way I would condone the Pelicans offering Harrison Barnes anything close to $15 million, I don't give a damn if Alvin Gentry coached him before, that dude is a NBA career underachiever, worst than Eric Gordon, Jrue Holiday, and Tyreke Evans combined
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Steve kyler said the Bulls told wade baldwin if he's still on the board they picking him.He plays like russ 6-3 with a 6-11 wingspan

I'M IN
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "But there has been blow-back against that notion, according to sources within the organization, especially if the Warriors win another title. Several teams with significant cap space this summer — the Celtics, Lakers, Suns, Mavericks among them — have the intention of pursuing Barnes, especially as a fallback option for Durant. Barnes is expected to receive and offer of at least $20 million per year or perhaps as much as a max offer starting at about $23 million."
    Beta wrote: »
    I pray to ? that the Celtics' big FA splash is Harrison Barnes

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm about to watch tape on 10 prospects and get on my scouting ? ...

Tired of seeing these names and not knowing anything about them
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do you just keep your synopsis to yourself, nobody cares
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll be ? if ainge is stupid enough to give Barnes $20 mil a year, he's like another Jeff green ? he might be worse
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I've watched too many tapes man lol. I know too much
  • Beta
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    I'll be ? if ainge is stupid enough to give Barnes $20 mil a year, he's like another Jeff green ? he might be worse

But you loved UNCLE JEFF!
  • BlackAX410
    Options

But you loved UNCLE JEFF!

Green showed flashes of stardom, he'd have u fooled that he turned the corner then he'd shrink. You don't understand until he's on your team
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Damn tyler ulis was already slippin now this
    Kentucky guard Tyler Ulis is said to have a pretty significant hip issue, which some believe may require surgery down the line. A medical red flag combined with his size, Ulis could slide deep into the first round or even over into the second depending on how team medical staffs view his situation.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mychal Thompson, who was the top pick of the 1978 NBA draft, said he’s puzzled that Hield isn’t expected to be the No. 1 pick or even widely projected as a top-three pick for the upcoming NBA draft. He's currently projected to go No. 7 in USA TODAY Sports' latest mock draft.

“I don’t know what else they want this young man to do," said Thompson, who was selected by the Portland Trail Blazers and later played for the Los Angeles Lakers teams that won the 1987 and 1988 NBA titles. “He can do everything you ask of an NBA guard.

“He moves without the ball like J.J. Reddick. He shoots like he’s a member of the Golden State Warriors. He can create his own shot. He’s got a high basketball I.Q. He can move his feet defensively."
    Thompson said he thinks Hield, who has led Oklahoma to the Final Four and is a top candidate for college Player of the Year, is suffering from bias that led Stephen Curry to being picked seventh in the 2009 NBA draft

Hasheem Thabeet and Jonny Flynn, both considered busts, were picked ahead of Curry, as were Tyreke Evans and Ricky Rubio.
    “It’s the Stephen theory," Thompson told USA TODAY Sports of Hield’s NBA draft stock. “The scouts don’t believe what their lying eyes are telling them. Just like they didn’t believe in Steph, for some reason they don’t see what Buddy’s doing as translating to the NBA at the highest level."

^^real talk
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »

Where do you go to check out prospects?
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »

Various scouting sites and YouTube. I also watched alot of college basketball.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »

Various scouting sites and YouTube. I also watched alot of college basketball.

Also I gather information from insiders
  • moneycrooksent.
    moneycrooksent. Members Posts: 74 ✭✭
    Options
    I like Dunn but I see him as a lesser Tyrek Evans(not D-Wade) with more athleticism. Ainge should trade the #3 pick for Okafor ASAP!!! He definite future all-star. Buddy scares me cause I don't see him getting a handle anytime soon but (Steph #7 draft pick) what if he turn into a Steph like sleeper??? Tough call for my Celts at #3.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No ? way I would condone the Pelicans offering Harrison Barnes anything close to $15 million, I don't give a damn if Alvin Gentry coached him before, that dude is a NBA career underachiever, worst than Eric Gordon, Jrue Holiday, and Tyreke Evans combined

Iman Shumpert got 10mill/yr. Barnes is worth 15 mill. Not a dollar more tho
  • S2J
    Options
    Mychal Thompson, who was the top pick of the 1978 NBA draft, said he’s puzzled that Hield isn’t expected to be the No. 1 pick or even widely projected as a top-three pick for the upcoming NBA draft. He's currently projected to go No. 7 in USA TODAY Sports' latest mock draft.

“I don’t know what else they want this young man to do," said Thompson, who was selected by the Portland Trail Blazers and later played for the Los Angeles Lakers teams that won the 1987 and 1988 NBA titles. “He can do everything you ask of an NBA guard.

“He moves without the ball like J.J. Reddick. He shoots like he’s a member of the Golden State Warriors. He can create his own shot. He’s got a high basketball I.Q. He can move his feet defensively."
    Thompson said he thinks Hield, who has led Oklahoma to the Final Four and is a top candidate for college Player of the Year, is suffering from bias that led Stephen Curry to being picked seventh in the 2009 NBA draft

Hasheem Thabeet and Jonny Flynn, both considered busts, were picked ahead of Curry, as were Tyreke Evans and Ricky Rubio.
    “It’s the Stephen theory," Thompson told USA TODAY Sports of Hield’s NBA draft stock. “The scouts don’t believe what their lying eyes are telling them. Just like they didn’t believe in Steph, for some reason they don’t see what Buddy’s doing as translating to the NBA at the highest level."

^^real talk

Cant say he too off. I remember i doubted Steph

BUT...The first name out his mouth is JJ Reddick. ..

Buddy is tough to grade. Would i be surprised if he's a Eddie House/JJ Reddick? Nope.

Would I be surprised if he's similar to Steph? Not really
  • S2J
    Options
    Kris Dun looks so identical to Wade to me.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Kris Dun looks so identical to Wade to me.

I love KD as a prospect but I never got the explosion of athleticism from him like many says he will be. I hope KD falls to my Pels. Worst case is all three guards gone by the 6 pick.
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't know about that, but I'm not willing to find out.
  • S2J
    Options
    If there are no trades, which id be very surprised, i see it going:

1. Philly- Simmons
    2. LA-Ingram
    3. Boston- Murray
    4. Phx-Chriss
    5. Minn-Dunn
    6. NO-Buddy
    7. Denver-?
    8. Sac-Jaylen Brown
    9. Toronto- Labisserie
    10. Milwaukee- D. Murray
    11. Orlando- Sabonis
    12. Utah-Korkmaz
    13. Phx-Poetl
    14. Chicago- Diallo
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options

Iman Shumpert got 10mill/yr. Barnes is worth 15 mill. Not a dollar more tho

Honestly, I have more faith in Festus Ezeli being able to live up to a big contract when given more of a opportunity to play a larger role than Barnes strictly because of his defensive and rebound ability. If I'm Alvin Gentry, the one Warrior player I'd lobby for is Festus Ezeli, regardless if we already paid Omer Asik.

Tell Demps to do a sign and trade between Ezeli and Asik so the Warriors wouldn't lose him for nothing if they choose not match his contract offer in restricted free agency, Ezeli and Allen Crabbe is two restricted free agents I think some folks are really overlooking
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    I'm hearing we're either going Murray or jaylen brown if we keep the pick
  • Beta
    Options
    If there are no trades, which id be very surprised, i see it going:

1. Philly- Simmons
    2. LA-Ingram
    3. Boston- Murray
    4. Phx-Chriss
    5. Minn-Dunn
    6. NO-Buddy
    7. Denver-?
    8. Sac-Jaylen Brown
    9. Toronto- Labisserie
    10. Milwaukee- D. Murray
    11. Orlando- Sabonis
    12. Utah-Korkmaz
    13. Phx-Poetl
    14. Chicago- Diallo

No ellenson?
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A little news bit that I saw this morning on Basketball Insiders:

Word is Michigan State’s Denzel Valentine may have a fairly significant knee issue, so much so that one team sort of compared him to former Indiana Pacers All-Star Danny Granger, who came into the league with a degenerative knee condition and struggled every year to play 82 games. League sources said it’s still likely he will get drafted in the first round, but his stock looks to be a tough one to lock in with so many teams believing his knee will be a problem