The Official NBA Lotto/Draft Thread

Options

Comments

• twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the Bulls will draft Wade Baldwin if he's there. I'm not feeling that. Luwawu or Davis I would prefer.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    if i were any team in the top 6, i wouldnt do ANY business with Philly

why would anyone want to just let them stockpile young talent on the cheap like that?

Especially if im NOLA, i wouldnt even pick up the phone after the ? they did with the Jrue trade...

? logic like this will never get you a championship. So no matter if the deal is beneficial to your team or not your not going to do it because of who it is too? Smh
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

why would anyone want to just let them stockpile young talent on the cheap like that?

Especially if im NOLA, i wouldnt even pick up the phone after the ? they did with the Jrue trade...

Boston has a glut of guards. They cant take Dunn. Getting Okafor and surrounding him wirh scrapy guys and plenty of defense is a steal.

Wrong, if they feel as strong as others about this kid that are projecting him to be a superstar then you don't pass up on him because of the makeup of your roster, especially when our primary ball handler is a proven liability in the playoffs and is better playing off the ball and the only other guy who can handle ball handling duties might sign somewhere else

I agree with that notion, you draft best available. But Boston isn't gonna do that.

You can't not wanna ever trade Bradley and Crowder AND draft a guard. (And still have Smart)

Im pretty convinced Boston overvaluing their lil ? is gonna ? up the money. Dont wanna teade for betrwr players, now the mock drafts im seeing has them avoiding guards, had em taking ? first, now Brown. Meanwhile all the ballers outside of the top 2 are guards lol
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Boston has a glut of guards. They cant take Dunn. Getting Okafor and surrounding him wirh scrapy guys and plenty of defense is a steal.

Wrong, if they feel as strong as others about this kid that are projecting him to be a superstar then you don't pass up on him because of the makeup of your roster, especially when our primary ball handler is a proven liability in the playoffs and is better playing off the ball and the only other guy who can handle ball handling duties might sign somewhere else

I agree with that notion, you draft best available. But Boston isn't gonna do that.

You can't not wanna ever trade Bradley and Crowder AND draft a guard. (And still have Smart)

Im pretty convinced Boston overvaluing their lil ? is gonna ? up the money. Dont wanna teade for betrwr players, now the mock drafts im seeing has them avoiding guards, had em taking ? first, now Brown. Meanwhile all the ballers outside of the top 2 are guards lol

We're not interested in ? we hardly ever were lol with us you can't read too deep in mock drafts. I'm hoping we pick Murray as he's in the top 4 of guys we reportedly want but brown or chriss would be disappointing
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ingram is 20 pounds lighter than KD when he came out.

He said he been working out and eating trying to put on weight since the end of the season and gained 7 pounds.

Dude ain't gon be NBA ready for two years.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

just put a ? on ignore

what a time
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Malik Beasley add him to the group of players I hope the bulls draft.
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    In his 2nd workout it's rumored jaylen brown hit 76 out of 100 3's, he might sway me
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

He said he been working out and eating trying to put on weight since the end of the season and gained 7 pounds.

False. For one, KD was 6'10 in shoes, 212lbs, couldn't bench 185 even 1 rep. Ingram 6'9, 196-205. Bc of the slight height difference, they're basically equals strength wise. Plus Length > strength these days anyway.

2nd, what u mean 'nba ready', this ain't the 90s. Half these guys are dudes he already played against in high school/ aau.

3, These ? cant post up for ? , if he's weak who's gonna take advantage of him strength wise at the 3?? Andrew Wiggins? Corey Brewer? You clearing out for Wes Johnson?

He'll be just fine
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

False. For one, KD was 6'10 in shoes, 212lbs, couldn't bench 185 even 1 rep. Ingram 6'9, 196-205. Bc of the slight height difference, they're basically equals strength wise. Plus Length > strength these days anyway.

2nd, what u mean 'nba ready', this ain't the 90s. Half these guys are dudes he already played against in high school/ aau.

3, These ? cant post up for ? , if he's weak who's gonna take advantage of him strength wise at the 3?? Andrew Wiggins? Corey Brewer? You clearing out for Wes Johnson?

He'll be just fine

Ingram measured st 6"10 and he said his self his 196lbs
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not worried about BI dude has broad shoulders he'll fill out.

Same size as Gianni's coming out. More polished at that stage of development.

He'll be effective as 3&D from day one and expand from there with time.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options

He'll be just fine

While I do agree that not many wing players post up like they used to there are a bit of guys who do so and are solid to really good at it.

Wiggins as of this season has been posting up more, Gordon Hayward post up a bit, Kawhi always post up guys he is stronger than, Lebron post guys but not as much as he should, Carmelo Anthony, D. Wade, Klay Thompson, even Derozan has done so decently the last couple of seasons.

I agree though that having a big wingspan and at least not being afraid of being physical is very key with these young guys coming into the league defensively. If he really wants to and puts in the work he will get better on defense, especially when it comes to team defense.

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I kinda like Timothe Luwawu gAme tape
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    In his 2nd workout it's rumored jaylen brown hit 76 out of 100 3's, he might sway me

I got faith that this dude gonna put it all together in the pros, plus the spacing is way better than college
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crazy trades going down right now. Any of yall that lose yall picks, sorry man. One more damn day man, hoping the Pels keep it!
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Now hearing Dunn and brown are the favorites, only reason taking Dunn is wanting IT off the ball and replacing turner, one of these young guards gotta go my guess is rozier
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    Now hearing Dunn and brown are the favorites, only reason taking Dunn is wanting IT off the ball and replacing turner, one of these young guards gotta go my guess is rozier

Man ? YALL if y'all get Dunn. Y'all don't need anymore guards fam. Please just my damn Pelicans have SOMETHING good with AD.
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »

Man ? YALL if y'all get Dunn. Y'all don't need anymore guards fam. Please just my damn Pelicans have SOMETHING good with AD.

Ainge wants to take the best available, he's gotta start cashing out on these picks cuz his recent track record been shaky
  • silverfoxx
    Options

Ainge wants to take the best available, he's gotta start cashing out on these picks cuz his recent track record been shaky

Please son. Have mercy on our souls, just choose Jaylen Brown trash ass or ? and let us have nice things for once.

Y'all have so many picks, y'all fools can develop a raw player and draft other players that can contribute for y'all.
  • BlackAX410
    Options

Please son. Have mercy on our souls, just choose Jaylen Brown trash ass or ? and let us have nice things for once.

Y'all have so many picks, y'all fools can develop a raw player and draft other players that can contribute for y'all.

I actually think brown can be decent especially if his jumper improved, I have no idea where we're gonna go tho, Ainge usually keeps our picks under wraps
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dunn going top 5 kid. He's not falling to 6
  • silverfoxx
    Options

Don't say that man....not you man! :anguished:
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Don't say that man....not you man! :anguished:

Apparently the Suns love him and are looking to move Bledsoe.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    Smh. Welp Buddy Love or Murray it is.
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I done lost all hope on the basketball gods blessing us with Dunn after finding out about what Suns plan on doing which completely ? me off seeing as that they don't need another ? point guard