The Official NBA Lotto/Draft Thread

Options

Comments

• af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If anyone wants to listen to some draft talk, Mike Schmitz was a guest on this show and gave his opinion on the prospects in our range. Interesting stuff said about Skal, Davis, & Baldwin. For anyone that doesn't know, he's the guy that does all of the draftexpress strengths/weaknesses videos & last year, i believe he said he would've taken Mario #2/3 and he was his favorite prospect.

Part 2: Prospects in our range
    http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/locked-on-nba/e/44872139?autoplay=true

Part 1: Top 8 prospects
    http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/locked-on-nba/e/44839148?autoplay=true
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only real problem I got with Barnes is the contract he's going to get this offseason, he's only 23 the verdict isn't out on him yet, his numbers will look better in an extended role and I think he's a better defender then people are giving him credit for, I personally think that would be a good look for NO especially if they drafted Hield who's probably more NBA ready than anyone coming out right now, until the contract becomes a major issue signing other free agents which I don't see happening in NO I would blank it out and just focus on the player and the fit around AD, or they can stick with Quincy Poindexter and Alonzo Gee at the 3
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    If anyone wants to listen to some draft talk, Mike Schmitz was a guest on this show and gave his opinion on the prospects in our range. Interesting stuff said about Skal, Davis, & Baldwin. For anyone that doesn't know, he's the guy that does all of the draftexpress strengths/weaknesses videos & last year, i believe he said he would've taken Mario #2/3 and he was his favorite prospect.

Was just watching Hield's and Jaylen Brown's draftexpress videos, if Hield don't end up in Boston I hope it's NO where he can be a number 2 option right out the gate, that's a yearly game I'll be at whenever he comes to Boston, heard he's working out with Kobe
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jamal Murray hit 79 of 100 3’s in Boston last week. Buddy Hield, per source, hit 85 of 100 in front of Celtics brass today in California.
    12:43 PM - 13 Jun 2016
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Jamal Murray hit 79 of 100 3’s in Boston last week. Buddy Hield, per source, hit 85 of 100 in front of Celtics brass today in California.
    12:43 PM - 13 Jun 2016

It's been posted already
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only real problem I got with Barnes is the contract he's going to get this offseason, he's only 23 the verdict isn't out on him yet, his numbers will look better in an extended role and I think he's a better defender then people are giving him credit for, I personally think that would be a good look for NO especially if they drafted Hield who's probably more NBA ready than anyone coming out right now, until the contract becomes a major issue signing other free agents which I don't see happening in NO I would blank it out and just focus on the player and the fit around AD, or they can stick with Quincy Poindexter and Alonzo Gee at the 3

man...NOLA dont want NO parts of Barnes

eff all dat
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Yea NO of all teams will probably be tentative about who they lock up long term and overpay for, they been failing miserably with contracts in recent years
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options

Was just watching Hield's and Jaylen Brown's draftexpress videos, if Hield don't end up in Boston I hope it's NO where he can be a number 2 option right out the gate, that's a yearly game I'll be at whenever he comes to Boston, heard he's working out with Kobe

Yea Buddy has an enigmatic ceiling. I'm really interested to see how he progresses at the next level.
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea NO of all teams will probably be tentative about who they lock up long term and overpay for, they been failing miserably with contracts in recent years

I'd rather just draft Jaylen Brown and pay Eric Gordon to comeback than vastly overpay just for that underachieving ? to join our squad
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    I see the Pelicans Report fanatic wanna wack me for my stance on Jaylen Brown and Harrison Barnes but can't explain why being scoreless off 8 wide open field goal attempts in the NBA Finals is worth ANYWHERE close to $20 ? million dollars a year over a 19 year old who probably can become a DeMar DeRozan type of player in the NBA with time
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i dont think thats why he wacked your post brah lol
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see the Pelicans Report fanatic wanna wack me for my stance on Jaylen Brown and Harrison Barnes but can't explain why being scoreless off 8 wide open field goal attempts in the NBA Finals is worth ANYWHERE close to $20 ? million dollars a year over a 19 year old who probably can become a DeMar DeRozan type of player in the NBA with time

I didn't wack you for Harrison Barnes. Dude is straight garbage. I wacked you because Jaylen Brown is a player that needs to go to the right organization to become a good NBA player. That's not new Orleans. This coming from someone who watched alot of his games and kept up with dude. Dude is VERY raw. He has a broken jumper, no post game, can't play defense, is turnover prone, and is not good around the basket. Only thing he got going for him is athleticism and potential . Dude is JuJu Wright IMO.

The Pelicans have not improved they developed players yet. The only thing they have done is fix guys 3 point jumper, but outside of that I can't think of anything elese. I just believe the wait for Brown to become a "decent " player is not worth it with AD timeline.

Dunn
    Murray
    Heild

Is all I want. All three I think can contribute immediately and take pressure of AD and Jrue. Dunn and Murray both still have potential to grow. Nor sure about Buddy.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

Yea Buddy has an enigmatic ceiling. I'm really interested to see how he progresses at the next level.

His work ethic will prevail
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

I think he blew that 20 million dollar a year contract after the last two games, he was having a good enough series before that to have teams make a desperation move and actually give him a max, Ainge just recently met with Jeff Shwartz which is Barnes and Love's agent smdh
  • ZydecoShawty
    edited June 2016
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »

I didn't wack you for Harrison Barnes. Dude is straight garbage. I wacked you because Jaylen Brown is a player that needs to go to the right organization to become a good NBA player. That's not new Orleans. This coming from someone who watched alot of his games and kept up with dude. Dude is VERY raw. He has a broken jumper, no post game, can't play defense, is turnover prone, and is not good around the basket. Only thing he got going for him is athleticism and potential . Dude is JuJu Wright IMO.

The Pelicans have not improved they developed players yet. The only thing they have done is fix guys 3 point jumper, but outside of that I can't think of anything elese. I just believe the wait for Brown to become a "decent " player is not worth it with AD timeline.

Dunn
    Murray
    Heild

Is all I want. All three I think can contribute immediately and take pressure of AD and Jrue. Dunn and Murray both still have potential to grow. Nor sure about Buddy.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Demar-DeRozan-1319/stats/

DeMar DeRozan, as well as Kawhi Leonard were already complete all-around players coming in to the NBA when they was drafted :/

o_o
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    https://theundefeated.com/features/jaylen-brown-the-2016-nba-drafts-renaissance-man/

And I never seen any well respected NBA journalist take the initiative to write about Julian Wright in this way leading up to the draft
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    Will according to Chad Ford Jaylen Brown killed it in a workout for the Pelicans. Since the Pels are tight lipped, I think they told the media this to engage a trade with Boston. Boston likes Jaylen and wants two top 8 picks. So we shall see. I'm just hoping we draft one of the three guards and I'm Gucci.
  • its....JOHN B
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Ainge is bringing in Brown for a second workout, he brought in Smart and Rozier for a 2nd workout for what it's worth
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    He has the potential to be a two way player, after Ben Simmons, he's the most athletic in the draft and has an NBA ready physique.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If the bulls could get timothe liwawu,kris dunn(trading up or draft night trade) or baldwin I'd be cool
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's looking like hes our pick, I'm glad to hear that he shot well in his workouts although I prefer Murray
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

It's looking like hes our pick, I'm glad to hear that he shot well in his workouts although I prefer Murray

If y'all pick Brown at the 3 spot, Boston will be my 3rd favorite team. Please pick this dude! Save my team the time!!!
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Welp NBA season over, time for the draft.

https://youtu.be/tDglKX5gczM
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    DRuss for Rubio/5th pick? Hmmmm