The Official NBA Lotto/Draft Thread

Options

Comments

• silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shoulder history is more concerning, everything else about his game can be worked on, but shooting is not the #1 problem wrong with his game. Honestly, if we can get Dunn in this draft I'm not opposed to trading both Tyreke and Jrue if the trades can help provide a better 10 man rotation. AD and Kris would give this team a 2-man duo it could finally rely on a nightly basis instead of the AD and a by committee approach on any random night we've been relying on for the past 4-5 years, I'm just ready to move on from the failed Dell Demps 'young underacheiving vets' experiment

That's alot to ask if this organization to admit defeat and stop this ? win now motto. It's all because Benson thinks he will see a championship before he leaves, but honestly when they realize that they to change the core then they will succeed.

Btw Pelicans Report be ? me off with those over the super optimism ass fans man. I swear I be wanting to swing on them lol
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So I just did a lil research, and this Okafor to Boston trade rumor is being amped up by Boston's local sports media (why the ? should even take anything they say serious to begin with?) all because a Philly.com writer assumes that Jerry Colangelo is stupid enough to trade away his best player to make way for injury prone center who hasn't played a singe game in the NBA, who we still to this day don't even know if he can even play on this level? The ? is basically the Greg Oden of this era and some of these basketball media muthafuckas think Sam Hinke is still running the 76ers, boy I tell you the gossip ? some of these reporters come up with man.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So I just did a lil research, and this Okafor to Boston trade rumor is being amped up by Boston's local sports media (why the ? should even take anything they say serious to begin with?) all because a Philly.com writer assumes that Jerry Colangelo is stupid enough to trade away his best player to make way for injury prone center who hasn't played a singe game in the NBA, who we still to this day don't even know if he can even play on this level? The ? is basically the Greg Oden of this era and some of these basketball media muthafuckas think Sam Hinke is still running the 76ers, boy I tell you the gossip ? some of these reporters come up with man.

Aye fam that's dope you looked that up. Hopefully this ? does not happen because Dunn going at 3 will ? up the flow of the draft.
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »

Aye fam that's dope you looked that up. Hopefully this ? does not happen because Dunn going at 3 will ? up the flow of the draft.

That article from that speculative Philadelphia Inquirer reporter about Jahlil Okafor was written on March 27, Sam Hinkie was forced to resign from the 76ers on April 7th, take it for what it's worth but I'm not buying that ? and I definitely don't give a ? about ANYTHING the Boston local sports media has to say, even if they throw Ben Simmons irrelevant ass opinion in the mix
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

We almost acquired Okafor at the trade deadline last year so it's not baseless or made up. Honestly idk what we're gonna do with this pick I don't think yall have to worry about us picking dunn cuz he doesn't even wanna work out for us. I believe it's Murray and hield as the top 2 candidates. I just don't want ? cuz I'd prefer guys who can contribute now
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

We almost acquired Okafor at the trade deadline last year so it's not baseless or made up. Honestly idk what we're gonna do with this pick I don't think yall have to worry about us picking dunn cuz he doesn't even wanna work out for us. I believe it's Murray and hield as the top 2 candidates. I just don't want ? cuz I'd prefer guys who can contribute now

I was about to type this here. It's not an made up rumor It almost happen at the trade deadline, same offer.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think there's a good possibility that Noel or OK4 gets moved. Embids value is in the toilet and Saric should be coming over. If I was the sixers i would offer Noel + Covington + a future protected 1st for the 3rd pick. If they insisted on OK4 I would ask for 3 + Smart
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I think there's a good possibility that Noel or OK4 gets moved. Embids value is in the toilet and Saric should be coming over. If I was the sixers i would offer Noel + Covington + a future protected 1st for the 3rd pick. If they insisted on OK4 I would ask for 3 + Smart

Don't want smart, he's an average pg.I rather trade Okafor to the suns with our 24 and 26th pick for Bledsoe and their 4th pick .
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »

Don't want smart, he's an average pg.I rather trade Okafor to the suns with our 24 and 26th pick for Bledsoe and their 4th pick .

I don't think he's a PG. His shooting and shot selection are awful but I think he's going to be a key contributer on a contender one day. Love his heart and defense he can handle and distribute the rock. I see him as a mix between Ton Allen and Tyreke Evans. I guess you could ask for Crowder but they seem to be really attached to him. He's still relatively young and improving every year not to mention he's on the best contract in the NBA outside of Curry and rookie deals. Bottom line the Sixers and Celtics making a deal makes too much sense
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options

Sam Hinkie is no longer part of the organization and this sounds like some ? he would do (he traded Michael Carter-Williams right after his rookie season), I ain't buying that ? .
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options

If Simmons is gonna be the pick does that make Saric the small forward when he comes over or is he still considered a stretch 4? Looking like Philly is gonna have to move out at least 2 of those players to clear the log jam they have in the front court or just draft Brandon Ingram to start the process of acquiring some outside shooting.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not even that high on Okafor to be honest I mean I'll take him and hope for the best but to me he's in that Greg Monroe/Al Jefferson cloth, I'd rather break the bank for Jimmy and sign some free agents
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Or just draft Buddy Hield and sign free agents, that's preference number 1
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

Good points but they are flooded in the front court and still need a point, it won't happen but that team needs a veteran or two and I think at the point would be the perfect place to have one, that would be cool for someone like Mike Conley as long as he's getting his money to be the heart and soul of a squad full of young up and coming stars and help them form into a legit squad, because everyone is going to be looking for Simmons to do that it isn't going to happen, a lot of young ego's, a lot of selfishness, a lot of guys playing for contract and not to win, a lot of guys putting effort in on one side of the floor
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I like Jerami Grant too if we trade for Okafor he would be a good throw in, dude plays with grit and had a nice 2nd half of the year last year, there's no spot for him in Philly he would be a nice bench piece for us
  • BlackAX410
    Options

What's your thoughts on Murray?
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    Buddy Hield is 22 RED FLAG.....

So was Lillard, Leonard, Draymond, etc.....

Kawhi Leonard wasn't 22 when he got drafted. He will be 25 this season and he has been in the league 5 years.

I agree with the fact that where they get drafted and the system or vision their coach has for them plays a huge part in a lot of these young guys failures or success in the NBA
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

Technically he's a better fit for us than Hield and I wouldn't be mad if they drafted him instead, taking that Atlanta series for example plugging Evan Turner into the starting lineup changed the whole dynamic, he could give us what Evan Turner gave us with more explosiveness and a three point shot, but that's not all going to happen right away he's still young and who knows how long it will take him to reach his full potential, look how long it took Turner, as far as ? at first I was intrigued because another example from the Atlsnta series was how Jerebko changed the whole dynamic so imagine a 7 footer that can do everything Jonas does but better right away and has superstar potential, im patient and all but I'd rather get someone who can help us right now and not wait a few years
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
  • BlackAX410
    Options

Technically he's a better fit for us than Hield and I wouldn't be mad if they drafted him instead, taking that Atlanta series for example plugging Evan Turner into the starting lineup changed the whole dynamic, he could give us what Evan Turner gave us with more explosiveness and a three point shot, but that's not all going to happen right away he's still young and who knows how long it will take him to reach his full potential, look how long it took Turner, as far as ? at first I was intrigued because another example from the Atlsnta series was how Jerebko changed the whole dynamic so imagine a 7 footer that can do everything Jonas does but better right away and has superstar potential, im patient and all but I'd rather get someone who can help us right now and not wait a few years

I'm not feeling ? , he's too raw I see some talent but iont see any immediate impact
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    http://upsidemotor.com/2016/03/10/jamal-murray-scouting-report-2016-nba-draft-lottery-brandon-roy-comparison/

This scouting report got me thinking twice about Murray and him being a fit in Boston

Man he's an explosive scorer and good shooter, he's needed, we'll just disagree on this one, I ? with hield too
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I thought ? wasn't even going to play in the NBA year one, now I'm reading he is
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    edited May 2016
    Options
    If a lot of these foreign players pull out of the draft it's seriously going to weaken it. They have a solid a mount of projected big guys coming from foreign leagues.

Hopefully most of them stay in the draft especially for my team picking at the end of the 1st round. French wing player Isaia Cordinier looks like he could be a steal low in the 1st round to mid 2nd round. He will most likely take his name out of the draft because he didn't play well in the hoop summit and web sites have soured on him.
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    I hope we use our 23rd pick on thon maker dude has a lot of versatility even tho he's raw the ability to run the floor, face up, drive and hit jumpers on occasion has me intrigued. I'm still salty we passed up Greek freak so I'm hoping ainge takes this gamble
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    Options
    I hope we use our 23rd pick on thon maker dude has a lot of versatility even tho he's raw the ability to run the floor, face up, drive and hit jumpers on occasion has me intrigued. I'm still salty we passed up Greek freak so I'm hoping ainge takes this gamble

Individual workouts is gonna be huge for that young guy. The mixtape's (even he said so) have him a bit over hyped with a lot of people who haven't did their due diligence on him though. I read your Celtics already had workouts scheduled with the guy.

But the thing that is intriguing like you stated about him is the fact that he is a legit 7 footer who isn't a complete stiff and he has a little bit of touch from the outside with his shooting range. I honestly don't think he is as nice with the face up, drive aspect of his game but young guys who are that tall and can actually move and jump a bit is always worth taking a flyer on lower in the draft.