The Official NBA Lotto/Draft Thread

Options

Comments

• ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No it doesn't, why the hell would Minnesota want Kris Dunn and not Buddy Hield if Thibs is saying he likes what Ricky Rubio brings to the game as a floor general and defender?
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No it doesn't, why the hell would Minnesota want Kris Dunn and not Buddy Hield if Thibs is saying he likes what Ricky Rubio brings to the game as a floor general and defender?

Is he supposed to trash Rubio in the media? I thought about sending Buddy to the Wolves but Lavine balled out post all star break. Rubio is a solid PG but his deficiencies have yet to improve and at this point it looks like he is what he is.

I'm all for drafting the best player available but if the gap in talent and potential is a thin as it is between Hield and Dunn for instance it makes more sense to draft at a position of need. Once Lavine gets a little stronger he can play the 2 full time.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Minny don't need a PG that is a scorer.

They have 3 other players for that. They need a passer like Rubio and he can defend
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options

Is he supposed to trash Rubio in the media? I thought about sending Buddy to the Wolves but Lavine balled out post all star break. Rubio is a solid PG but his deficiencies have yet to improve and at this point it looks like he is what he is.

I'm all for drafting the best player available but if the gap in talent and potential is a thin as it is between Hield and Dunn for instance it makes more sense to draft at a position of need. Once Lavine gets a little stronger he can play the 2 full time.

The Star-Tribune writers for the team say they don't believe Zach Lavine alone is enough to solve the teams 3 PT problem, which they say besides defense is one the primary areas that need to be addressed this offseason. Unless Thibs has finally decided to move on from Rubio through trade I see no reason not take what Thibs says about Rubio as fact, he has all the power to make whatever move he chooses with the roster
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Still not sure about ? I would like Murray instead but I'm hearing we're huge on dude

I'm starting to think ? is the way to go, at 7'1 his potential is crazy and I like what I seen in his highlight vids even though highlight videos make everyone look good, I don't know much about him outside of those vids but I'm going to trust Ainge, Stevens, Wyc and whoever else been doing their homework on him, the one thing I heard somewhere that I like is at 18 he's much more advanced than Porzingis was at 18

Avg 3 points overseas dawg

giphy.gif
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Still not sure about ? I would like Murray instead but I'm hearing we're huge on dude

I'm starting to think ? is the way to go, at 7'1 his potential is crazy and I like what I seen in his highlight vids even though highlight videos make everyone look good, I don't know much about him outside of those vids but I'm going to trust Ainge, Stevens, Wyc and whoever else been doing their homework on him, the one thing I heard somewhere that I like is at 18 he's much more advanced than Porzingis was at 18

giphy.gif

I think Brandon Jennings averaged like 8 points.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

giphy.gif

Not even gonna lie I saw his stats and was disgusted lol but a lot of young players don't get burn overseas (he was at 10mpg) he's too much of a mystery to me I'd feel more comfortable with Murray or hield
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options

giphy.gif

Not even gonna lie I saw his stats and was disgusted lol but a lot of young players don't get burn overseas (he was at 10mpg) he's too much of a mystery to me I'd feel more comfortable with Murray or hield

At this stage y'all better gamble on him. Y'all a playoff team without him and y'all have a ton of picks. Y'all definitely can gamble and still pick a very decent prospect with other picks. Y'all better go for it!
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options

The Star-Tribune writers for the team say they don't believe Zach Lavine alone is enough to solve the teams 3 PT problem, which they say besides defense is one the primary areas that need to be addressed this offseason. Unless Thibs has finally decided to move on from Rubio through trade I see no reason not take what Thibs says about Rubio as fact, he has all the power to make whatever move he chooses with the roster

He's not and your right they do need to add shooters. With they being said Lavine more then capable of starting at the 2 and might even make a few all star teams in the future. Rubio is a weak link in thier SL and only hurts their shooting even more when he's on the floor.

Dunn isn't Ray Allen by any means but he's already a better shooter then Rubio is with the ability to run the show and defend as well as Ricky. If there was a PF in the wolves draft range I would have elected to go that route but after ? there's a bit of a drop off in terms of talent/potential. Taking a PG makes the most sense for them.
  • ZydecoShawty
    edited May 2016
    Options

He's not and your right they do need to add shooters. With they being said Lavine more then capable of starting at the 2 and might even make a few all star teams in the future. Rubio is a weak link in thier SL and only hurts their shooting even more when he's on the floor.

Dunn isn't Ray Allen by any means but he's already a better shooter then Rubio is with the ability to run the show and defend as well as Ricky. If there was a PF in the wolves draft range I would have elected to go that route but after ? there's a bit of a drop off in terms of talent/potential. Taking a PG makes the most sense for them.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/minnesota_timberwolves/

Rubio is making TOO much money to be used as a backup point guard, and I don't think many teams would just be willing to trade for his contract without trying to take one of the Wolves core players in return as well. Minnesota has no legitimate backup point guard on it's roster, so taking Hield and bringing LaVine off the bench as a combo guard I still wouldn't think is completely out of the equation either.

Andrew Wiggins is the one really hurting the Wolves shooting, he shot .300% from 3 off 2.3 attempts a game, Rubio shot .324% off 2.5 attempts a game, I think you got it wrong with that perception that Rubio is hurting the team's outside shooting if his 3 PT % off more attempts is significantly better than the team's 2nd best player and it's leading scorer.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    Nigs really wanna trade Jrue?

wow

He's a non factor as a point guard. Treadmill point guard. See Jeff Teague.

Kris Dunn will be better than him in 2 years
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

They have 3 other players for that. They need a passer like Rubio and he can defend

U aint doin ? in the leaugue nowadays without a PG who can hit the 3.

Also i really dont think people realize how well Levine was playing at sg. His 3pt percentsge was pretty high too. Thats why im not buying all those mocks projecting Minny grabbing a SG.

Do theybneed shooting, yes. But you can get that via free,agency and from a bench guy.

Im tellin you, Levine is going to be an elite 3 and D and def not off the bench
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

wow

nah

lol

i aint bout to do this with you...i've seen what a healthy Jrue and AD can do.
  • silverfoxx
    Options

wow

nah

lol

i aint bout to do this with you...i've seen what a healthy Jrue and AD can do.

We did this year, how many wins though? Empty ass stats from them.
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options

Also i really dont think people realize how well Levine was playing at sg. His 3pt percentsge was pretty high too. Thats why im not buying all those mocks projecting Minny grabbing a SG.

Do theybneed shooting, yes. But you can get that via free,agency and from a bench guy.

Zach LaVine is not a better 3 PT shooter nor a better defender than Buddy Hield, superior athlete tho
  • Shizlansky
    Options

Miami 4 finals
    SA 2 finals
    Dallas 1 finals.
    OKC 1 finals (maybe 2 after tonight)

All had PGs that was just ok 3 point shooters. And Russ is terrible with his 3 ball.

But yea. Rubio can't hit ? though. His ? is terrible.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/minnesota_timberwolves/

Rubio is making TOO much money to be used as a backup point guard, and I don't think many teams would just be willing to trade for his contract without trying to take one of the Wolves core players in return as well. Minnesota has no legitimate backup point guard on it's roster, so taking Hield and bringing LaVine off the bench as a combo guard I still wouldn't think is completely out of the equation either.

Andrew Wiggins is the one really hurting the Wolves shooting, he shot .300% from 3 off 2.3 attempts a game, Rubio shot .324% off 2.5 attempts a game, I think you got it wrong with that perception that Rubio is hurting the team's outside shooting if his 3 PT % off more attempts is significantly better than the team's 2nd best player and it's leading scorer.

I never said anything about him being used as s backup. They've apparently been trying to move him for a few years now and with the cap increasing his contract won't look as daunting. Listen I like Rubio as s player and I think he has game but the fact remains that he can't shoot and he's been injury prone throughout his career.

And lol @ .324 being "significantly" better then .300 percent. Thats a reach. btw Wiggins shot 46 percent from the field while Rubio was at a staggering 37 lol. That's not a fluke either. In fact that was the second best shooting percentage of his career. His jumper is historically bad my g.
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    Why are you comparing field goal % to 3 PT % to make your argument? DeAndre Jordan's FG% is always above .500, does that mean he can shoot the ? basketball from 3 PT range just because his field goal percentage is way higher than Andrew Wiggins ? ? ?
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thread should be "pelicans draft war room" lol
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    Why are you comparing field goal % to 3 PT % to make your argument? DeAndre Jordan's FG% is always above .500, does that mean he can shoot the ? basketball from 3 PT range just because his field goal percentage is way higher than Andrew Wiggins ? ? ?

you keep reaching dog. If you actually watched the games you would know that Wiggins has versatility to his game and isn't just a guy who lives in the paint and at the FT line. He has a decent pull up off the bounce... can post up and knock down a fade away J ect. Not to mention he draws the other teams best perimeter defender every night. There are so many variables at play outside of the numbers. A lot of Rubios outside attempts don't come off the dribble..are uncontested and most of the time the defender is sagging off daring him to shoot.
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    Once again, there's a difference between a 2 PT shot and a 3 PT shot, and Wiggins is not very good shooting the 3 to the point that Rubio is a better 3 point shooter than him at this point in their careers.

The T-Wolves as a team struggle collectively defending and shooting the 3 PT shot, how does passing on a efficient, high volume 3 PT shooter in the draft who plays defense better than the player currently starting in the T-Wolves lineup help the T-Wolves improve defensively and as a 3 PT shooting team?

Who's the biggest defensive liability on the perimeter in the Wolves starting lineup? Rubio, Wiggins, or LaVine?
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Once again, there's a difference between a 2 PT shot and a 3 PT shot, and Wiggins is not very good shooting the 3 to the point that Rubio is a better 3 point shooter than him at this point in their careers.

The T-Wolves as a team struggle collectively defending and shooting the 3 PT shot, how does passing on a efficient, high volume 3 PT shooter in the draft who plays defense better than the player currently starting in the T-Wolves lineup help the T-Wolves improve defensively and as a 3 PT shooting team?

Who's the biggest defensive liability on the perimeter in the Wolves starting lineup? Rubio, Wiggins, or LaVine
    ?

and who's the biggest shooting liability? And since you completely missed the point If Wiggins got the looks that Rubio got from his percentage would be a lot higher. Look dog I'll leave it at this. Watch the games. ? bless
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    Dunn and KAT was killing workouts together. They getting along already. To all my Pellies ? let's get ready for Buddy Love y'all. Dunn to Minny is more likely. Don't believe, then check out them Chad Ford video tweets.