The Official NBA Lotto/Draft Thread

Options

Comments

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    People really forget they dealing with 18, 19 year olds

And when you SUCK, you don't draft for need. Philly is an EXTREME case bc they have four 6'10 lottery picks, but if it werent for Ingram you'd have to say ? it and just draft Simmons .

History is littered with teams who passed on Hall of Famers bc they 'already had a guy' at that position that no one remembers
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    People really forget they dealing with 18, 19 year olds

And when you SUCK, you don't draft for need. Philly is an EXTREME case bc they have four 6'10 lottery picks, but if it werent for Ingram you'd have to say ? it and just draft Simmons .

History is littered with teams who passed on Hall of Famers bc they 'already had a guy' at that position that no one remembers
    Simmons is the pick, let that ? play point guard just draft him.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    I'm going to say this now as a Sixer fan:

? Ben Simmons.I do not want that dude. He wants to be Hollywood: let him. Take that diva ? to LA, cause the Philly fanbase goin crush dude if he comes here with the ? entitlement attitude.

This being said, I would honestly trade the pick down. They don't need Ingram from Duke; the front court is too loaded at this point. Maybe holla at Chicago to get Jimmy Buckets, possibly giving them Jahlil with it. We need guard play most of all, and I'd honestly think about giving Buddy a look, but the #1 overall pick may put this guy in a unwinnable vantage point of expectation.

Why don't you want Ingram? Who's going to play the 3?
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1) His play the last month of the season.

2) Him trying to demand to go to LA for a shoe deal.

He chose his shoe deal already with addias
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Philly has to take Simmons. He has a higher ceiling than Ingram imo. His play making ability gives him a huge advantage over others in this draft. I aint worried about his jumper. It will come. His form on his shot is not flawed so he can improve. It wasn't like he was shooting bricks all the damn time, he just didn't take that many shots from long range from the clips i seen of him. A player that has guard skills in a pf body and can score and pass with both hands vs a skinny shooter like Ingram is a no brainer imo. Philly better take Simmons.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Philly is taking Ben. Colangelo and Brett Brown basically alludes to it in two separate interviews.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »
    I'm going to say this now as a Sixer fan:

? Ben Simmons.I do not want that dude. He wants to be Hollywood: let him. Take that diva ? to LA, cause the Philly fanbase goin crush dude if he comes here with the ? entitlement attitude.

This being said, I would honestly trade the pick down. They don't need Ingram from Duke; the front court is too loaded at this point. Maybe holla at Chicago to get Jimmy Buckets, possibly giving them Jahlil with it. We need guard play most of all, and I'd honestly think about giving Buddy a look, but the #1 overall pick may put this guy in a unwinnable vantage point of expectation.

The ? you talking about? Philly sports talk radio? Simmons never said he wanted to play in la. He had a sneaker deal he was holding out on because if he goes to LA he will get more money.

If you traded the #1 pick and Okafor to Chiaago for butler you wouldn't be allowed back in Philly.

He did. In a slick way though.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still not sure about ? I would like Murray instead but I'm hearing we're huge on dude
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Jah beats AND the #1 pick for jimmy?? loll is this ? serious?!? Homeboy buggin
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Still not sure about ? I would like Murray instead but I'm hearing we're huge on dude

I'm starting to think ? is the way to go, at 7'1 his potential is crazy and I like what I seen in his highlight vids even though highlight videos make everyone look good, I don't know much about him outside of those vids but I'm going to trust Ainge, Stevens, Wyc and whoever else been doing their homework on him, the one thing I heard somewhere that I like is at 18 he's much more advanced than Porzingis was at 18
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My thing with ? is what are the odds two euros 2 years in a row hit. It'd go agaisnt everything history says.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder if Porzingis didn't have as much success year 1 if ? would have this much buzz around him
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The fact of the matter is, there's not many young, 'skilled', 7'1" players in the NBA, other than Karl Anthony and Porzingis, who's the other skilled 7 footers in the NBA? If any tries to include Andre Drummond or Hassan Whiteside in that conversation you need to ? slap yourself. We're constantly reminded in every national televised NBA game these muthafuckas play in if the NBA should change the free throw rules to reward these big men with incompetent offensive skills
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    The fact of the matter is, there's not many young, 'skilled', 7'1" players in the NBA, other than Karl Anthony and Porzingis, who's the other skilled 7 footers in the NBA? If any tries to include Andre Drummond or Hassan Whiteside in that conversation you need to ? slap yourself. We're constantly reminded in every national televised NBA game these muthafuckas play in if the NBA should change the free throw rules to reward these big men with incompetent offensive skills

KD

I don't care what they list him as (6'9) he look taller than Adams when they stand next to each other
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Rumor has it that the lakers are interested in ? now and ingram might be available to us
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Rumor has it that the lakers are interested in ? now and ingram might be available to us

ESPN generating clicks.

Not saying it's impossible but Lakers dealings be air tight. Woj doesn't even get Lakers scoops like that. chad Ford started the rumor so what does that say.
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »

ESPN generating clicks.

Not saying it's impossible but Lakers dealings be air tight. Woj doesn't even get Lakers scoops like that. chad Ford started the rumor so what does that say.

We'll see bruh, ? seems to be impressing but we'll see what happens could be a smoke screen foreal
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nigs really wanna trade Jrue?

wow
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »

wow

He's Mr. Glass.
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    That $11+ million could be put to good use, primarily for someone that's more reliable
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »

wow

You damn Skippy. I'll trade Jrue if we get Dunn, and get get a pick for Jrue to draft a smart IQ wing
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    I'm tired of waiting on injury prone, career underachievers in their mid 20's to finally start reaching their 'potential'
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ya'll funny lol
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My mock lottery

Philadelphia - Ben Simmons

Los Angeles - Brandon Ingram

Boston - Jamal Murray

Phoenix - Dragan ?