The Official NBA Lotto/Draft Thread

Options

Comments

• #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Even the kid from China looks some what intriguing with a low 1st early to mid 2nd round pick. He has to bulk up just like Thon and learn more about the game. The Chinese kid's jumper and shot over all looks really good on tape, like way better than Thon's but I wonder how well he can adjust to american way of life and the language?

Then the scary thing about getting these big guys to try and pack on muscle is can their bodies take on the weight without doing any major damage or diminishing their athletic ability?
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I need to get familiar with the players in the late 1st early 2nd range. Especially the Centers. I'm more intrigued about pick #32 than 2.

Pick 2 a given, Ingram
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    I hope we use our 23rd pick on thon maker dude has a lot of versatility even tho he's raw the ability to run the floor, face up, drive and hit jumpers on occasion has me intrigued. I'm still salty we passed up Greek freak so I'm hoping ainge takes this gamble

He tested out with the best vertical of any big man 6'11 or above in combine history. Wouldn't mind taking that gamble at 11.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    Tyler Ulis is currently my favorite prospect. Can be a poor mans Chris Paul
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options

My boy keep tellin me this,and he thinks the bulls should draft him at 14 but he mad little!! How is that not gonna get exposed?
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hope the sixers don't draft Ingram and ruin his career
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Ulis from matteson too that's south suburbs right next to robbins where wade played high school ball.

I like his game cuz he does play like chris paul his size the only concern
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Dude you got a serious problem with overhyping and miss- comparing players. Lol

There's a TON of other players to compare guys to other than big names. Its a bit telling if u always use big names.

How about Ulis compares to a healthy TJ Ford. How bout that instead of "porr mans chris paul ", like what does that even mean lls
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope we use our 23rd pick on thon maker dude has a lot of versatility even tho he's raw the ability to run the floor, face up, drive and hit jumpers on occasion has me intrigued. I'm still salty we passed up Greek freak so I'm hoping ainge takes this gamble

Individual workouts is gonna be huge for that young guy. The mixtape's (even he said so) have him a bit over hyped with a lot of people who haven't did their due diligence on him though. I read your Celtics already had workouts scheduled with the guy.

But the thing that is intriguing like you stated about him is the fact that he is a legit 7 footer who isn't a complete stiff and he has a little bit of touch from the outside with his shooting range. I honestly don't think he is as nice with the face up, drive aspect of his game but young guys who are that tall and can actually move and jump a bit is always worth taking a flyer on lower in the draft.

Stevens can make it work with him Im hopeful we take the chance
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He tested out with the best vertical of any big man 6'11 or above in combine history. Wouldn't mind taking that gamble at 11.

Damn didn't know that aspect, he might rise in the draft but not to the 11th, I would even use our 16th pick on him if his stock climbs
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hope the sixers don't draft Ingram and ruin his career

.....ok..........
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options

I'll take your word for it, only player with those picks I wouldn't mind them picking is Sabonis' kid
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    Heard the Celtics flew to Israel to see the Dragan and they were very impressed.

Means Buddy may fall to my Pels :)
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited May 2016
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

There's a TON of other players to compare guys to other than big names. Its a bit telling if u always use big names.

How about Ulis compares to a healthy TJ Ford. How bout that instead of "porr mans chris paul ", like what does that even mean lls

He's not nearly as explosive as a healthy TJ Ford actually he's not anywhere near his athleticism. Doesn't finish at the rim as well. That comp is ass. I haven't "hyped" anyone in this class in fact I've gone the other way for the most part. Btw I make those comparisons for the laymen. Stop trying to impress ? with your "basketball knowledge" doggy. You know a little bit but your not even in Thee top 70th percentile on the CS. Your a poor mans version of Shilanzky
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options

Damn didn't know that aspect, he might rise in the draft but not to the 11th, I would even use our 16th pick on him if his stock climbs

It's still early. Winslow was considered a top 6/7 lock before last years draft hell Elfird saw a meteoric rise occur once he got to work out for teams and all side other prospects. I think at the end of the day it's a sub par class and that along with his intriguing measurables will ultimately cement him in the mid to late first round. He's still raw but he's too talented to slip that far. Gianis went 15 with similar question marks and in a draft class that at the time at least seemed to be one of the weaker ones in recent memory. I don't think
    he will be there at 23 but if he is that's well worth the risk.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options

My boy keep tellin me this,and he thinks the bulls should draft him at 14 but he mad little!! How is that not gonna get exposed?

Check this out

@Tommy bilfiger

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dzSHS4Yx0DI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zo6esOFbYsg
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options

Check this out

@Tommy bilfiger

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dzSHS4Yx0DI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zo6esOFbYsg

I watched these yesterday and a few more videos.I like what he brings but the passing over bigger defenders,finishing at the rim and separating himself from defenders are concerns that could get exposed in the nba.I still would want the bulls to draft ulis but not at 14
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOg1u0nqyhg

Pretty skillful for a 7'1" player, I think Porzingis is more athletic tho but he's 2 years older than ? , Phoenix is prolly praying that Boston passes on this dude in a effort to 'win now'
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options

He's not nearly as explosive as a healthy TJ Ford actually he's not anywhere near his athleticism. Doesn't finish at the rim as well. That comp is ass. I haven't "hyped" anyone in this class in fact I've gone the other way for the most part. Btw I make those comparisons for the laymen. Stop trying to impress ? with your "basketball knowledge" doggy. You know a little bit but your not even in Thee top 70th percentile on the CS. Your a poor mans version of Shilanzky

Man, what lls You are the company you speak to. So dont get aggy when a non lay-person looks at you like you're crazy when every player u compare is to an all star. You comparing mid round talents to hall of famers

And I'll take 'Tyler is Tj Ford minus a little athletiscm' over 'tyler is chris paul minus 3 inches, strength, weight, vision, and tenacity, and impeccable mid range '. You look silly
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited May 2016
    Options

Man, what lls You are the company you speak to. So dont get aggy when a non lay-person looks at you like you're crazy when every player u compare is to an all star. You comparing mid round talents to hall of famers

And I'll take 'Tyler is Tj Ford minus a little athletiscm' over 'tj is chris paul minus 3 inches, strength, weight, vision, and tenacity, and impeccable mid range '. You look silly

cool. ? bless
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'm going to say this now as a Sixer fan:

? Ben Simmons.I do not want that dude. He wants to be Hollywood: let him. Take that diva ? to LA, cause the Philly fanbase goin crush dude if he comes here with the ? entitlement attitude.

This being said, I would honestly trade the pick down. They don't need Ingram from Duke; the front court is too loaded at this point. Maybe holla at Chicago to get Jimmy Buckets, possibly giving them Jahlil with it. We need guard play most of all, and I'd honestly think about giving Buddy a look, but the #1 overall pick may put this guy in a unwinnable vantage point of expectation.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »

? Ben Simmons.I do not want that dude. He wants to be Hollywood: let him. Take that diva ? to LA, cause the Philly fanbase goin crush dude if he comes here with the ? entitlement attitude.

This being said, I would honestly trade the pick down. They don't need Ingram from Duke; the front court is too loaded at this point. Maybe holla at Chicago to get Jimmy Buckets, possibly giving them Jahlil with it. We need guard play most of all, and I'd honestly think about giving Buddy a look, but the #1 overall pick may put this guy in a unwinnable vantage point of expectation.

What made you say that about Simmons?
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1) His play the last month of the season.

2) Him trying to demand to go to LA for a shoe deal.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »

The ? you talking about? Philly sports talk radio? Simmons never said he wanted to play in la. He had a sneaker deal he was holding out on because if he goes to LA he will get more money.

If you traded the #1 pick and Okafor to Chiaago for butler you wouldn't be allowed back in Philly.