marriage before the age of 25=failure...

Options

Comments

• willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    and there was ? everywhere when I was younger too. Thing is, past generations were brought up to be more responsible and to be marriage minded. The whole point of graduating high school, then going on to college or trade school was to prepare a MAN for the responsibility of taking care of a family. A 1920's man at 22 would be a hell of a lot more mature than a 2010 cat at 22. You spend far more time partying these days than even I did in the 90's. Dudes these days don't know their role in society, which is why they spend so much time ? around, not doin ? until they're older. If you went to college, you should be done by 22 or 23 at the very least and starting your career (unless you're going for a masters or phd). Instead, these days dudes ? off so much that they don't finish school until 26 or 28 (if ever).

You got good argument I'll give you that but times have drastically changed from the 1920's and the decades afterward. I ain't gone front though when I was about 19-21 or 22 I stayed procrastinating trying to basically figure out what adulthood was about but, I did go to school as well but the school I went to was a bad choice for me and I had to transfer and basically start from scratch again but I started getting it together. I ain't never been one of them cats to chase after women, ? off your financial aid, and party all day type of dudes.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited July 2010
    Options
    My thing is that we as young adults should try and find ourselves, date different people and get all that out their system before committing to marriage.
  • betterthenu84
    betterthenu84 Members Posts: 861
    edited July 2010
    Options
    If you marry a scuzzbucket well thats what u get....personally I would love to marry someone who I love because I think marriage is beautiful building a family with your bestfriend is amazing.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    My thing is that we as young adults should try and find ourselves, date different people and get all that out their system before committing to marriage.

and these days most people are taking 10-15 years to do that. That's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long to "figure it out" or to get it out your system.

That dude that's still up in "da club" at 35 didn't get it out of his system, what's the chances he'll EVER be a good husband?
  • betterthenu84
    edited July 2010
    Options
    damnkp wrote: »
    ? can't see past they ? ...and if u ain't ? , u won't attract a female worth anything

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The point of marriage is to build a life with someone. How the ? you gonna build a life with someone when you haven't built one for yourself. At 25 you haven't even defined who you're going to be in life. if your sole definition in life is "husband-father" then you're in for a MEEEAN midlife crisis.
  • damnkp
    damnkp Members Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The point of marriage is to build a life with someone. How the ? you gonna build a life with someone when you haven't built one for yourself. At 25 you haven't even defined who you're going to be in life. if your sole definition in life is "husband-father" then you're in for a MEEEAN midlife crisis.

25? are you serious...if you don't have a clue by 25, you're destined to be a loser...then u have ? who have no problem being babby daddy's at this age so what does that tell you...i'd rather be an ex husband than a babby daddy
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited July 2010
    Options
    and these days most people are taking 10-15 years to do that. That's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long to "figure it out" or to get it out your system.

That dude that's still up in "da club" at 35 didn't get it out of his system, what's the chances he'll EVER be a good husband?

Then whenever it takes because once you get married you dont cheat.
  • konceptjones
    edited July 2010
    Options

The point is to build with someone, not include them after you've already established yourself.

Besides, if these young dudes out here would stop bullshittin with their lives then they would have defined themselves long before 25. If you stop bullshittin, you'll knock out a bachelors by the time you're 22 or 23 and are into a career by 25. If you took up a trade, hell you can get a good paying trade skill before you're 20 and be years into your trade by 25. ? , there's dudes out there now that were millionaires before they were 25 through hard work and dedication and you over here taumbout "still finding yourself" at 25???
  • the_underground
    the_underground Members Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I know people who got married at the age of 19. They are still together and expecting a child.
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    Fundz O' Plenty Members Posts: 10,382 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    If you marry a scuzzbucket well thats what u get....personally I would love to marry someone who I love because I think marriage is beautiful building a family with your bestfriend is amazing.

*shakes the ? out of Ms. Better*

WAke up ? ... lol.
  • betterthenu84
    edited July 2010
    Options
    *shakes the ? out of Ms. Better*

WAke up ? ... lol.
    i'm awake...ain't nothing wrong with Marriage Fundzy
  • fdouglass
    fdouglass Members Posts: 548
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Marriage before you're in your thirty's is just stupid. People should be taking their time to either go to college or get involved in a skilled trade trying to plan your career out and at least have some type of fun life. Most people that get married before the age of 25 lack the maturity and understanding of what it takes make a actual marriage. I think most women are in love with the status of being married but don't time out to understand what marriage consist of.

At 28, I'm not even thinking about being married to anyone anytime soon and with the way end result of marriages are turning out, I highly doubt if I ever get married.

Exactly It doesnt make sense to rush into a situation Like that. Marriage is overrated and meaningless in the day & age. All that Alimony and ? ..? that.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The point is to build with someone, not include them after you've already established yourself.

Besides, if these young dudes out here would stop bullshittin with their lives then they would have defined themselves long before 25. If you stop bullshittin, you'll knock out a bachelors by the time you're 22 or 23 and are into a career by 25. If you took up a trade, hell you can get a good paying trade skill before you're 20 and be years into your trade by 25. ? , there's dudes out there now that were millionaires before they were 25 through hard work and dedication and you over here taumbout "still finding yourself" at 25???

Yes, ? . The world is a lot bigger for me than a ? ' degree from Devry and a "good paying job." I would like to think that at 25 the world is still full of options and possibilities, because if at 25 I've settled into a career and family and that's the next 50 years of my life, that's pretty ? ' pathetic. But that's just me. The average person enters law school at 26. They don't finish school until they're 29-30. Average age of a Person earning a doctorate is even older than that. If your goal in life is simply to get into a routine and spawn, be my guest. But I don't think I was put on this earth for the sole purpose of producing off-spring. If you see that as your life's goal, then have at it. But don't knock me for wanting something more for myself.
  • Reina B
    Reina B Members Posts: 2,190 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    marriage should be left up to the individuals who choose to do so.

Either way it goes, gotta remember divorce rates are high so it doesn't matter what age you get married there is still a 50% chance that it won't last.
  • jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ? might not be everybody's thing but that's why ? made us all different. Some people are more mature at early ages than other people and also depends on upbringing and things like that. Why the ? ya'll gotta hate when it comes to if somebody get married early? Im not married and im in my late 20's but I know a girl got married at 20 years old and been married 9 years and her and her ? still happy so I cant sit here and tell her ? like "ahh you lawse for gettin married so early" ? , evidently they was ready. How yall know the person that they marrying cant help push and encourage them as far as they career goes? Everybody aint gotta wait till they old to find somebody they dont wanna live without, you ? is a trip.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    edited July 2010
    Options
    jek wrote: »
    ? might not be everybody's thing but that's why ? made us all different. Some people are more mature at early ages than other people and also depends on upbringing and things like that. Why the ? ya'll gotta hate when it comes to if somebody get married early? Im not married and im in my late 20's but I know a girl got married at 20 years old and been married 9 years and her and her ? still happy so I cant sit here and tell her ? like "ahh you lawse for gettin married so early" ? , evidently they was ready. Everybody aint gotta wait till they old to find somebody they dont wanna live without, you ? is a trip.

yeah, I know a couple like that too.

but I also know 9 that tried and failed.

It's a numbers game, fam. Would you make an investment on a 10% chance?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited July 2010
    Options

your friends don't make up a big enough number to make it a 10% chance...as far as people getting married early if they feel they're ready then go for it...i know some who it's worked out for and some who it hasn't...but i'm not the type to let the success or failure of other people's relationships to affect my own...ya'll sounding like them ? that would be scared to take their girl to a wedding because "she might start wanting to get married"
  • jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options

? I wouldn't when I was that age based off the seletion and choices I had to make in my life back then... but then again if I met the girl im with now at a young age I cant make no gurantees. It's not set in stone that you cant fall in love before 25. The reason the ? dont be workin these days is because people made a mockery outta marriage. People do it for greencards and everything else . Then you got some people that only THINK they wanna be married but really be only wanting a partime marriage, that ? is suppose to be till death do you part. Alotta people dont think the financial situations all the way through and statistically ? it up (with they "quick to get a divorce" ? ) for the couples that do hold it down at a young age.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ? I wouldn't when I was that age based off the seletion and choices I had to make in my life back then... but then again if I met the girl im with now at a young age I cant make no gurantees. It's not set in stone that you cant fall in love before 25. The reason the ? dont be workin these days is because people made a mockery outta marriage. People do it for greencards and everything else . Then you got some people that only THINK they wanna be married but really be only wanting a partime marriage, that ? is suppose to be till death do you part. Alotta people dont think the financial situations all the way through and statistically ? it up (with they "quick to get a divorce" ? for the couples that do hold it down at a young age.

Love isn't enough for a marriage.
  • konceptjones
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Yes, ? . The world is a lot bigger for me than a ? ' degree from Devry and a "good paying job." I would like to think that at 25 the world is still full of options and possibilities, because if at 25 I've settled into a career and family and that's the next 50 years of my life, that's pretty ? ' pathetic. But that's just me. The average person enters law school at 26. They don't finish school until they're 29-30. Average age of a Person earning a doctorate is even older than that. If your goal in life is simply to get into a routine and spawn, be my guest. But I don't think I was put on this earth for the sole purpose of producing off-spring. If you see that as your life's goal, then have at it. But don't knock me for wanting something more for myself.

and who says you can't experience the world with your spouse???

yeah... though so.
  • the_underground
    the_underground Members Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Dude, if you don't want to marry before you are 25, that's cool. It's your decision. What feels wrong for you may be right for someone else. Cliche, but everyone has different life paths that are for them.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    edited July 2010
    Options
    and who says you can't experience the world with your spouse???

yeah... though so.

? , don't get glib with me. We obviously have different perspectives on the world. Let's just leave it at that.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ? I wouldn't when I was that age based off the seletion and choices I had to make in my life back then... but then again if I met the girl im with now at a young age I cant make no gurantees. It's not set in stone that you cant fall in love before 25. The reason the ? dont be workin these days is because people made a mockery outta marriage. People do it for greencards and everything else . Then you got some people that only THINK they wanna be married but really be only wanting a partime marriage, that ? is suppose to be till death do you part. Alotta people dont think the financial situations all the way through and statistically ? it up (with they "quick to get a divorce" ? ) for the couples that do hold it down at a young age.

people don't ask important questions before getting married...for the life of me I will never understand how a couple can get a divorce because one of them wants kids and the other doesn't...how do you NOT talk about that ? before you get engaged let alone get married?
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    fdouglass wrote: »
    Exactly It doesnt make sense to rush into a situation Like that. Marriage is overrated and meaningless in the day & age. All that Alimony and ? ..? that.

That's why it's just best to get a pre-nump b/c people get married for all the wrong reasons.