marriage before the age of 25=failure...

Options

Comments

• BabyBugatti
    BabyBugatti Members Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    oh.ok.

anyways. i wanna be married at 24.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Moreno.S wrote: »
    oh.ok.

anyways. i wanna be married at 24.

why is that out of curiousity?
  • Soulljah T
    Soulljah T Banned Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Marriage is an outdated concept. Marriage was an institution based on codependecy of Men and Woman
    woman could not work so they needed the stable commitment from a husband for money and financial support. This resorted in it not being
    alot of single woman around so if men wanted steady sex on a daily basis a serios relationship or marriage
    was there best option Those marriages in the 1950's and 60's were not about love it was about convience and security.

now that woman can work the NEED for marriage no longer applies. which is why most marrieges fail now
    Men and woman no longer need each other in the long-term commited way.

Marriage now a days is a nice addition or accesory i life not a requirement.
    The problem is people treat it like a requirment. i would say only about 25% of people
    i9n our generation could really do marriage for 20 yrs plus. its not that we bad people
    its just the economic circumstance for marriages to work smooth on a widescale is not there.

besides if you love each other why do you need a piece of paper to validateit its just
    a freaking piece of paper signed by a judge.

Because that's the law to have a piece of paper in order to have a right to say "my wife" or husband. Is that their fault? No. & we don't have to agree with your definition of marriage. Idc what ignorant way marriage was used for back then. Idc what ignorant marriage is used for NOW. I'm me and I have my own definition and beliefs and feelings about marriage and I found someone who also shares the same beliefs. & that's all that matters. ? the rest of what anyone says about it. It isn't about y'all or them or whatever. It's about us & our beliefs. So ? it.
  • BabyBugatti
    edited August 2010
    Options
    c1up wrote: »
    why is that out of curiousity?

no clue whats so ever.
    just always liked the idea of settling down young.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
  • Focal Point
    edited August 2010
    Options
    yo Soulljah T... why you taking everything so personal... simmer simmer down
  • Focal Point
    edited August 2010
    Options
    no clue whats so ever.
    just always liked the idea of settling down young.

I can dig that, have you done everything that you wanted to do before you become beholded to one man
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    yo Soulljah T... why you taking everything so personal... simmer simmer down

lol look at who your talking to. what kind of question is that?
  • BabyBugatti
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I can dig that, have you done everything that you wanted to do before you become beholded to one man man

well i think so.

ok there partying..thats nothing special.
    what else?
    and im saving myself for marriage anyways soo.
    everythings been done.
  • politicalthug202
    politicalthug202 Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    LPast wrote: »
    If it comes down to this...whats the big deal with getting married when at the end of the day the signing of this paper might bring you SOME financial breaks with taxes.

because if we get into arguement and things get tense. i have to worry about her taking half my ? .
    and yiger got a prenup and still got tooken to the wood work.
  • Focal Point
    edited August 2010
    Options
    well i think so.

ok there partying..thats nothing special.
    what else?
    and im saving myself for marriage anyways soo.
    everythings been done.

That's what it is, but being how old you are you're more than likely to change ya mind as you get older, you'll want to establish yaself and your independence for a bit
  • D-Marco
    D-Marco Members Posts: 4,308 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Marriage is an outdated concept. Marriage was an institution based on codependecy of Men and Woman
    woman could not work so they needed the stable commitment from a husband for money and financial support. This resorted in it not being
    alot of single woman around so if men wanted steady sex on a daily basis a serios relationship or marriage
    was there best option Those marriages in the 1950's and 60's were not about love it was about convience and security.

now that woman can work the NEED for marriage no longer applies. which is why most marrieges fail now
    Men and woman no longer need each other in the long-term commited way.

Marriage now a days is a nice addition or accesory i life not a requirement.
    The problem is people treat it like a requirment. i would say only about 25% of people
    i9n our generation could really do marriage for 20 yrs plus. its not that we bad people
    its just the economic circumstance for marriages to work smooth on a widescale is not there.

besides if you love each other why do you need a piece of paper to validateit its just
    a freaking piece of paper signed by a judge.

Good post. I just hate when people act like marriage is a life goal for everyone and if its not then ur jus a ? or sumthin. It aint that deep to me.

Like Loo said... when women start nearing 30 their biological clock starts ticking and they see all their friends getting married and havig kids..... and they falll in love with the fairytale.

Then in 10-15 yrs, when their friends are divorced with 2 kids... then they'll understand a ? like me's mindset. That ? is overrated. There's a reason it only works half the time. Because you spendin 2-4 yrs to figure out who u wanna spend FOREVER WIT.

U KNOW HOW LONG FOREVER IS??? lol
  • Kadillak
    Kadillak Members Posts: 42
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Marriage in General is an L doesn't matter what age. 90% of people male or female are full of sh*t, and the media has programmed people to believe that they will find "love." Actually very few people will find love let alone true love if love even exists. Most people end up in a stagnant relationship where they don't wanna be involved with each other, but because of kids and finances they can't seperate. And to those who do go through with divorce its because it was absolutely necessary f*ck kids or finances I rather struggle than to be that miserable. Companionship and friendship is what people should look for and leave love for the Hallmarks, De Beers and Diamond Industry, and Madison Ave.'s, and the Family Court System. All these sects make money off foolling people love exists....
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    so much ether in this thread

makes a ? mad to think he used to believe in the same fairytales SMH
  • Kadillak
    Kadillak Members Posts: 42
    edited August 2010
    Options
    so much ether in this thread

makes a ? mad to think he used to believe in the same fairytales SMH

I think all of us did at one time. I mean Love and Marriage is one those fairytales you're told just like the Santa Claus, The Tooth Fairy, or the easter Bunny. Kids be heartbroken when they find out they those characters don't exist and they feel lied to, well its the same when you become an adult and reality hits you that another fairy tale told to you as a child that you believed in from adolescent,teen, and some adult years just isn't true or is as rare as a black pearl it can hurt some people. Eh for as i'm concerned personal sucess, material things, and acheivement are far more important and self-assuring to me than a gamble like love or marriage in which there's a high probability that it will fail whether I put forth my all or not. I'm ? when my Ipod breaks, I'm ? when I scratch my PS3 Disc, Very ? when somebody tries to f*ck me over on my money, not ? when a b*tch walks ya dig. Love don't put no food on no table....
  • Reina B
    Reina B Members Posts: 2,190 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    MichaelJacksoneatingpopcorn.gif
  • D-Marco
    D-Marco Members Posts: 4,308 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Kadillak wrote: »
    I think all of us did at one time. I mean Love and Marriage is one those fairytales you're told just like the Santa Claus, The Tooth Fairy, or the easter Bunny. Kids be heartbroken when they find out they those characters don't exist and they feel lied to, well its the same when you become an adult and reality hits you that another fairy tale told to you as a child that you believed in from adolescent,teen, and some adult years just isn't true or is as rare as a black pearl it can hurt some people. Eh for as i'm concerned personal sucess, material things, and acheivement are far more important and self-assuring to me than a gamble like love or marriage in which there's a high probability that it will fail whether I put forth my all or not. I'm ? when my Ipod breaks, I'm ? when I scratch my PS3 Disc, Very ? when somebody tries to f*ck me over on my money, not ? when a b*tch walks ya dig. Love don't put no food on no table....

YUP cuz at the end of the day... its a glorified RELATIONSHIP. It just sounds worse when someone cheats on thier Husband or Wife. But to each his own. Marriage aint for everybody just like the sinigle life aint for everybody. But If ur getting married before 23-24, ur crazy anyway u cut it.

To alot of people it seems like more of a status symbol and alot arent ready to change their ways and really commit to someone. They just see it as the cool thing to do, like gettin them lower back tattos.

But @ the bolded- u said some real ? right there
  • BabyBugatti
    edited August 2010
    Options
    That's what it is, but being how old you are you're more than likely to change ya mind as you get older, you'll want to establish yaself and your independence for a bit

Maybe.
    i doubt it, lol.
    but you never know.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    yo i'm not really going to participate much in this thread, cuz i feel like a broken record talkng about marriage all the time...

but it comes down to the same ? it always comes down to.

people just not using good judgement and thinking or planning things through on the same level..

you take two very reasonable and responsible people, who fully understand what marriage is, and what it's supposed to be about,...

they share like views in commitment, loyalty, respect for each other, ideals with rasing children, display of finacial responsibilty, and all the things that go along with marriage besides "i think i love them enough" asect of it, and you're much more likely to have a successful marriage...

it's not always age specific, but it's defeintely maturiy specific....so many ppl go into marriage not even seriously taking into consideration what they're supposed to be signing up for..

people go into marriages thnking this might be temporary...

firstthings first, if you don't truly and 100% begin to even entertain the idea that this person is going to be the only person in your life for the rest of your life before marriage, all the other ? doesn't even matter... and most ppl don't even take that part seriously....

i mean there's so many things in a relationship that can go wrong, let alone marriages, and people can't even get past cheating.. that's what's crazy to me.....

cheating? are u serious???

so i mean, in a way i agree with many ppl just all out not getting married, cuz most ppl just don't take that ? seriously, and that's just wrong all together....
    and even the people who do take the commitment aspect seriously neglect a lot of the other things that go along with marriages....

it's just too much for most people, too much work, and too much dedication of ones self, that a lotta people of today's society just don't have the paitnce or mental capacity to even begin to deal with the ideal of marriage....yet thy still do it,? 's stupid to me....

i've been talking to a few married couples who never in 10+ years with their spouses developed the kind of relationship with their spouse that me and my lady heave developed in 2 years....we only been together 2 years and do more than people who been together for 10-15-20+

and it's not some new ? ....they look at us and have no issues saying that they NEVER felt like that or treated each other like we do....if there ever was a couple they personally thoguht could handle marriage, it would be us.. and while we're plannign it we're still taking our time, because as much as we do, and dedicate to eachother, we still feel there's a lot of work to be done to get to where we want to be when we walk down that isle....

if everyone took marriage as seriosuly as we did, if eeryone who ever got married put the kinda work and communication, and sacrifice, and dedication that me and my lady are putting in now, i'm 100% confient the marriage stats and impression wouldn't be the way it is now...

and this is not me being snobby or talking down to ppl, it's just an oberservation... ppl just don't take marriage as seriously as they need to to avoid the problems they create with it....
  • BabyBugatti
    edited August 2010
    Options
    no one.
    is gonna.
    read.
    all.
    that.
    ? .
  • Dupac
    edited August 2010
    Options
    no one.
    is gonna.
    read.
    all.
    that.
    ? .

u never read one of my longer posts before i take it..

my ? are always that ? that make ur whole day feel better.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    edited August 2010
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »
    u never read one of my longer posts before i take it..

my ? are always that ? that make ur whole day feel better.

you need to be more pacific and susinked.
  • Dupac
    edited August 2010
    Options
    you need to be more pacific and susinked.

? u coming to the fish fry too???
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    edited August 2010
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »
    ? u coming to the fish fry too???

when and where my ? ?
  • Dupac
    edited August 2010
    Options
    when and where my ? ?

when the flyers get printed up imm scan some, i'll send u one too,

august 28th, west bmore at my church...

if u know edmondson village, it's on walnut right behind the popeyes and the new library