New Joe Budden - "Wake" (Dissing Drake Again)

Options

Comments

• Lebong James
    Lebong James Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Drake got no memes to help him out this time. He ain't gonna respond. Joe killed him with the party/Weeknd lines. Drake so fake it's unbelievable. That line about Canadian, Jamaican, Houston was so spot on too.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited July 2016
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    The pump it up back n forth was before Talk To Em.

that's what i'm saying....the pump it up remix was the "ether" of the jay/joe beef....joe could respond a million times...but once jay took his beat and ripped it like that....the ? was over....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTPyT3PhA-Y
    JayZ 5 lines in comes in passive aggressively "talking about nobody in particular" that whole Pump it Up was a competitive collab of passive aggressive subliminals.

Talk To Em was venting.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Drake got no memes to help him out this time. He ain't gonna respond. Joe killed him with the party/Weeknd lines. Drake so fake it's unbelievable. That line about Canadian, Jamaican, Houston was so spot on too.
    Drake would eat Kanyes food bro. Staaaap it!
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    It's Hovi baby you Kobe, maybe Tracy McGrady
    Matter fact you a Harold Miner, J.R. Rider, washed up on marijuana
    Even worse you a Pervis Ellis, you worthless fella you ain't no athlete you Shawn Bradley
    I ain’t talkin' to nobody in particular, my flow's just vehicular homicide when I’m kickin' up dust!
    Anybody in my path is a car crash waiting to happen, ? what?
    I got my foot on the throat on the pulse of this rap game and I ain’t letting up, YUP!
    Who’s the nicest life or lifeless on these mic devices and I don't write this
    I just mic this I will it to happen
    One take Hov I’m real at this rapping
    My new name is just the facts, while the rest of y'all just adjust the facts
    Put words together, just to match
    I say what I feel y’all adjust to that
    I do the opposite of y’all so I just attract, the realer audience usually unjustly black
    Know my flow and the ? they go through just match like the sound of my voice and a choice Just track
    I just tackle the subject the flack from the public is nothing, I know real ? happen to love it
    If you don’t like it then look in the mirror, most likely you ain’t live it so you don’t get it
    You ain’t did it so you can't vision the picture I’m painting ain't vivid the language I’m spitting is so foreign to ya
    See what starving will do to ya growin up hard in a little apartment'll do to ya
    I’m just talkin’ to ya, I'm just talkin' through ya

Easily one of my favorite verse from Jay he ? abused and shredded that beat.
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea, Joe got him. This half & half Drake don't know who he is. One minute he's Canadian, the next he's a rasta from Jamaica. Some days he wanna be a country ? from Memphis.

I don't think he responds. He doesn't need to. He's doing big things in the pop world. #1 hits & albums and sht. He's a great pop artist.
  • Lebong James
    Lebong James Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

RIP to your Papi tbh
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    Why would Drake respond to a ? who aint been relevant since Vick was on the cover of Madden?

c'mon fam...it aint like Lil Yachty or Kodak Black took a shot or made a diss

Joe is certified in the rap game

people need to stop trying to correlate album sales to caliber of emcee

Drake just tied Michael ? Jackson for #1 on the charts and ya'll want him to respond to a podcaster?? LMFAOOOOOO
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There are two mfs in the game that you don't want to rap beef w/.......Buddens and Game. Those 2 bipolar mfs
    can actually rap and they're mentally unstable enough to keep pursuing the drama....lol.

Joey went in though. I can't see Drake doing anything but ignoring this or dropping a 1 bar subliminal.

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The pump it up back n forth was before Talk To Em.

that's what i'm saying....the pump it up remix was the "ether" of the jay/joe beef....joe could respond a million times...but once jay took his beat and ripped it like that....the ? was over....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTPyT3PhA-Y
    JayZ 5 lines in comes in passive aggressively "talking about nobody in particular" that whole Pump it Up was a competitive collab of passive aggressive subliminals.

Talk To Em was venting.
    Sion wrote: »
    AP21 wrote: »
    Why would Drake respond to a ? who aint been relevant since Vick was on the cover of Madden?

c'mon fam...it aint like Lil Yachty or Kodak Black took a shot or made a diss

Joe is certified in the rap game

people need to stop trying to correlate album sales to caliber of emcee

? stay relevant... follows current events better than most rappers.....been on them reality shows ? love to watch...dropped a few nice singles over the years..that ? "she don't put it down like you' ? was a decent track...and slaughterhouse been consistent with their ? as well...maybe cuz i listen to shade 45 i hear them more than most people... but joe been dropping tracks...

Du my ? you reaching fam LOLOLOL. Don't mean they on the same level. Difference between Hov and NaS is Joe isn't NaS. That was Jay first major beef everyone was watching. The S.carter tape is a reach also LOLOL. Yall acting like Hov made the tape FOR Joe come on now !!!

naw he took that ? beat on a mixtape and killed it...

of course he said he ain't talking to nobody in particular, but that ? the king of sublims.....

the fact is he took joe's beat.. ripped it.... and put it on a mixtape at a time when you dissed someone you did it on a mix tape....

? ain't have twitter and sound cloud in 2003...

jay ripped joe with one response, and all joe's reply's don't match up to jay's one track....
  • Dupac
    Options
    thing is, jay has gotten his share of criticism for picking and choosing who he responds to, and his use of sublims.....

drakes going to get his too....yall just keep undermining the impact of eras...

in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, the entire hip hop community wasn't linked together through the internet like it is today....

peep what i'm saying...like it is today......

jay's past beefs in this era woulda went down completely different...how long after take over did ether drop....

how long after ether did jay respond on blue print 2?

? 's just different.....

but that takes nothing away from drake getting skulldragged right now.....
  • Mr.LV
    Options
    Lyrics are definitely on point ,but he needs a better producer for his beats cause that ? sounds outdated.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options

RIP to your Papi tbh
    You realize I'm the biggest Joe Budden fan on here?
  • inori
    inori Members Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Again I ask yall the million dollar question - what's in it for Drake to respond ? Most ? want Joe to end dude's career, kinda like the old saying "show me where I die so I know not to go there". So why would you engage him if there's nothing in it for you ? Why risk something important for something that isn't ?

How come when Jay got dissed and ignored 50 Cent from 2003 onwards (flight 187, publicly denouncing Jay, clowning Jay and Beyonce, etc.) no one said anything about it ?

I doubt Drake will respond.. but pride is a muhfucka..if Budden presses the right buttons he might be able to force dude into making a mistake and responding.. doubt it tho
  • Dupac
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Again I ask yall the million dollar question - what's in it for Drake to respond ? Most ? want Joe to end dude's career, kinda like the old saying "show me where I die so I know not to go there". So why would you engage him if there's nothing in it for you ? Why risk something important for something that isn't ?

How come when Jay got dissed and ignored 50 Cent from 2003 onwards (flight 187, publicly denouncing Jay, clowning Jay and Beyonce, etc.) no one said anything about it ?

i'm all about a dollar what the ? is 50 cent?

I was waiting for that one but that was way before 50 became 50 like literally 3 years prior. Why ain't Hov go at 50 in 05 for saying he was Beyonce's boyfriend, or that Beyonce made him more famous, what about flight 187, 50 ? on him during the situation with Beanie Sigel, or calling out Jay for taking Defjam budget shelving artists and putting out Kingdom Come ?? Why Hov aint go at 50 then ?

If Drake do that and give Joe a line like that that will yall still complain it wasn't a full song ?? LOLOLOLOL

and jay caught criticism for it.....heavy.....again this is pre-twitter

i don't know how it was in canada, but here in baltimore we was all clowning jay for not going at 50....it was like ? was scared to go at 50

? was all over the place then.....

bleek vs budden
    50 vs budden
    50 vs fat joe
    50 vs ja
    50 vs game
    beans vs jada
    young gunz just dissing whoever cuz they didnt care
    katt williams dissing the young gunz

new york was just all over the place man... twitter being out back then would have had much more of an impact... but i do remember ? getting on jay for not saying nothing about 50 unless we missed it in a sublim....

all you heard was that i'm all about a dollar what the ? is 50 cent line get recycled
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    What? Why should Drake respond?

He said he's the best of the new school. Show and prove. Plus he was in his feelings about Joey podcast soooo......put in a rap.

This ? is a sport, this ? can't pick and chose when he wanna respond depending on who the opposition is.

FOH
  • Mr.LV
    edited July 2016
    Options
    50 Cent says Jay-Z avoids real beefs & always puts his soldiers to take care of his work
    https://youtu.be/SHFLdYQgqiM

• Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? hate Drake so much they hyping Joe Budden. Incredible. Is it 2003?? Am I in a time warp??
  • Dupac
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    It's Hovi baby you Kobe, maybe Tracy McGrady
    Matter fact you a Harold Miner, J.R. Rider, washed up on marijuana
    Even worse you a Pervis Ellis, you worthless fella you ain't no athlete you Shawn Bradley
    I ain’t talkin' to nobody in particular, my flow's just vehicular homicide when I’m kickin' up dust!
    Anybody in my path is a car crash waiting to happen, ? what?
    I got my foot on the throat on the pulse of this rap game and I ain’t letting up, YUP!
    Who’s the nicest life or lifeless on these mic devices and I don't write this
    I just mic this I will it to happen
    One take Hov I’m real at this rapping
    My new name is just the facts, while the rest of y'all just adjust the facts
    Put words together, just to match
    I say what I feel y’all adjust to that
    I do the opposite of y’all so I just attract, the realer audience usually unjustly black
    Know my flow and the ? they go through just match like the sound of my voice and a choice Just track
    I just tackle the subject the flack from the public is nothing, I know real ? happen to love it
    If you don’t like it then look in the mirror, most likely you ain’t live it so you don’t get it
    You ain’t did it so you can't vision the picture I’m painting ain't vivid the language I’m spitting is so foreign to ya
    See what starving will do to ya growin up hard in a little apartment'll do to ya
    I’m just talkin’ to ya, I'm just talkin' through ya

Never really digested what he said in this verse but ? .

? talking Jay>>>>>>>>Rich ? Jay

bruh you gotta really listen to that ? while reading it... this ? went in crazy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFE5ucG9Yn4

unexpectedly.....
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "No really, we want a Party album
    But you keep stealing all of Party's album
    To go and put it on your party album
    It's plenty reason to slay you
    Kept going up Tuesday's and now The Weeknd just hates you"...

giphy.gif

"So I take all the guns, load half the clips
    I just notice you run, we mention half of Clipse"...

Devbx.gif

? SICK.........this ? went in.
  • nohiphop1
    nohiphop1 Members Posts: 600 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    nohiphop1 wrote: »
    Drake will respond. It will be strategic.
    50 won rap beefs cause of his antics more than bring lyrical. Drake will use that formula, again.
    Meme help Drake beat Meek.

Y'all ? do know Drake ain't have ? to do with them memes, right.

"HELP"
    It helped.

I know he didn't have to do with them. Just like 50 didn't have nothing to do with the ones for Meek but reposted them and helped him destroy Meek without rapping.

Once they created a bad public perception of their opponent turn the vein became easy with songs, add water.

Tell me it was all rapping that destroyed Ja Rule.