New Joe Budden - "Wake" (Dissing Drake Again)

Options

Comments

• gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options
    siilentlou wrote: »
    Never heard drake say top 5 "rapper" .. Top 5 could be anything hit maker , Song writer , chart topper watever ... Am a joe fan .. But like another dude posted ... I think what's hurting joe is that his disses ain't going mainstream... And he need to come at drake with something more hurtful similar to what meek did ... Joe winning in the underground scene so to say ... Drake if and when he put out a diss record he gonna go the mainstream route I just don't think buddens is worth it at this point .. If joe was a bigger artist at this point in time I think it would be different .. Kendrick has not put out a full diss song coming at drake just subs and drake has thrown subs his way ..that's why u see drake still throw subs at some people while his songs still go number 1... Can't knock drake for doing him ..

Smh R u serious? So u think Drake is out here claiming top 5 but it's not top 5 rapper? If that's the case y is that Canadian culture vulture claiming to be the nu J of hip hop? Joe is making a mistake tryna battle a poser like Drake who's not a real rapper & everybody knows this after meek ethered Drake wit Twitter fingers......Joe would b better off tryna go after a real rapper like meek but joe knows the chasers ain't ovo & they will beat his washed up ass like he stole something ? rap...
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    The 'Drake avoids ? and so did Jay z' ? simply does not compute.

Period. Bc 1) Jay z came up in the beef era, and 2) When he did decide to engage he killed ? ,

Drake got Meek, ok, but other than that he has never engaged PERIOD . Its equity, he doesn't have it. Jay z does and did.

Him and Common's back and forth. I remember the reaction when "Stay Schemin" came out. ? was out there giving Drake all the props in the world because nobody had ever heard him be that aggressive on a song before....and the comparison with Jay is there because Drake is pretty much copying Jay's move. He picks and chooses who he responds to. If you're gonna fault Drake for it, gotta fault Jay for all the rapper's he ignored who called him out over the years too when he's only responded to a few of them.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay z has put in work and has went at multiple rappers on one song by name.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all call him a pop star all the time so why yall expecting hip hop ? from him lol.

We call him that out of disrespect
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    IC is a weird place. Same place that put me on Budden is the same place that talk the most ? . What the absolute ? ? It's like looking at me post on his name when "Pump It Up" was everywhere and then me after Def Jam Fight for NY dropped and I heard "Walk with Me" in the ? credits.

Another example of the Godhand and how it's amplified with good music.
  • gee757
    Options
    So today Drake is not a rapper ?

uv4gdix3qygu.jpg

Drakes white privilege nuff said...
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »
    The 'Drake avoids ? and so did Jay z' ? simply does not compute.

Period. Bc 1) Jay z came up in the beef era, and 2) When he did decide to engage he killed ? ,

Drake got Meek, ok, but other than that he has never engaged PERIOD . Its equity, he doesn't have it. Jay z does and did.

Him and Common's back and forth. I remember the reaction when "Stay Schemin" came out. ? was out there giving Drake all the props in the world because nobody had ever heard him be that aggressive on a song before....and the comparison with Jay is there because Drake is pretty much copying Jay's move. He picks and chooses who he responds to. If you're gonna fault Drake for it, gotta fault Jay for all the rapper's he ignored who called him out over the years too when he's only responded to a few of them.

Yea, Common too.

But you cant be serious putting Drake and Jay in the same box in that regard. Jay is damn near 50 still goin at ? straight head on

Maybe what ? expect is Jay to get ? and tussle with ? and be angry and drop a song called *RAPPER DISS TRACK*. Cmon now he dont need to do that, but he addresses them swiftly with BARS tho. Drake addresses them swiftly without bars

Ie, Beans for example. He adressed Beans THREE times :

all I see is these ? I’ve made millionaires
    milling about, spilling their feelings in the air
    :s

I tried to teach ? how to be kings
    And all they ever wanted to be was soldiers
    :s
    So the love is gone, til blood is drawn
    So we no longer wear the same uniform
    ? you squares, the circle got smaller
    The castle got bigger, the walls got taller
    And truth be told after all that said
    ? still got love for you

Grown men want me to sit em on my lap
    But I don't have a beard and Santa Claus ain't black
    I repeat, You can't sit on my lap
    I don't have a beard Now get off my sack, scream at me

4f7589212f928f561d21453c1f4ee6e4.jpg

? thats enough. He's GOOD.
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »
    One thing I do wonder if Budden will ever answer though, Meek went harder at him than Drake's subs in 4 PM in Calabass...wonder what made Joey release these Drake disses but he refused to release the Meek Mill disses?

he said he didnt want to beat a man when he was down and that he wasnt a bully.

But...Meek aint' down no more...and he's still taking shots at him...so what's the hold up now?

I dunno.

All I know is that the track in question was recorded last year.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited July 2016
    Options
  • Young Stef
    Young Stef Members Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @illedout They have their chosen one now they don't give a ? about the genre neither does he.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    siilentlou wrote: »
    Never heard drake say top 5 "rapper" .. Top 5 could be anything hit maker , Song writer , chart topper watever ... Am a joe fan .. But like another dude posted ... I think what's hurting joe is that his disses ain't going mainstream... And he need to come at drake with something more hurtful similar to what meek did ... Joe winning in the underground scene so to say ... Drake if and when he put out a diss record he gonna go the mainstream route I just don't think buddens is worth it at this point .. If joe was a bigger artist at this point in time I think it would be different .. Kendrick has not put out a full diss song coming at drake just subs and drake has thrown subs his way ..that's why u see drake still throw subs at some people while his songs still go number 1... Can't knock drake for doing him ..

What did meek do to hurt drake ? War paint didn't get any air play and it was dope. And budden been black balled he's not getting on the radio. Not to mention he don't talk about ? ? enough to get on the radio.i agree with you about drake doing him but still that I'm too big to respond ? is weak. Hiphop needs that competitive edge all this kumbaya ? wack. I wish someone else get in it make this ? fun
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake gonna respond and shock y'all watch. My popcorn ready.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    illedout wrote: »
    So today Drake is not a rapper ?

uv4gdix3qygu.jpg

Honestly,
    When I seen them put drake up there with Rakim, NAS, and Biggie is when I started to believe "THEY" were pushing an agenda..

Then on top of that I find out drake don't even write his own rhymes..

How the ? they got this ? on the Mount Rushmore of Hip Hop with Rakim, NAS, and Big ???

"this" was supposed to happen once they did that....

dude should never be included with them.....and hip hop needs to be vocal about it
  • gee757
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Drake gonna respond and shock y'all watch. My popcorn ready.

U mean drakes ghostwriter is gonna respond.. but if Drake really wanna win this battle wit joe he better get his ghostfighter to punch joe n the eye on camera
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe shoulda used this for his intro haha

• A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    It's Hovi baby you Kobe, maybe Tracy McGrady
    Matter fact you a Harold Miner, J.R. Rider, washed up on marijuana
    Even worse you a Pervis Ellis, you worthless fella you ain't no athlete you Shawn Bradley
    I ain’t talkin' to nobody in particular, my flow's just vehicular homicide when I’m kickin' up dust!
    Anybody in my path is a car crash waiting to happen, ? what?
    I got my foot on the throat on the pulse of this rap game and I ain’t letting up, YUP!
    Who’s the nicest life or lifeless on these mic devices and I don't write this
    I just mic this I will it to happen
    One take Hov I’m real at this rapping
    My new name is just the facts, while the rest of y'all just adjust the facts
    Put words together, just to match
    I say what I feel y’all adjust to that
    I do the opposite of y’all so I just attract, the realer audience usually unjustly black
    Know my flow and the ? they go through just match like the sound of my voice and a choice Just track
    I just tackle the subject the flack from the public is nothing, I know real ? happen to love it
    If you don’t like it then look in the mirror, most likely you ain’t live it so you don’t get it
    You ain’t did it so you can't vision the picture I’m painting ain't vivid the language I’m spitting is so foreign to ya
    See what starving will do to ya growin up hard in a little apartment'll do to ya
    I’m just talkin’ to ya, I'm just talkin' through ya

Lol @ the dust reference