American Horror Story, S6 Teaser Trailer

Options

Comments

• BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A bit underwhelming but I'll continue with it.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    15 mins in

Trash
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked it. After all these years of over the top characters beginning with Asylum it's nice to see normal people carry a season again.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    normal people and a diff perspective of story-telling, in what looks like multiple diff stories.. could be like Tales of Halloween.. I like it so far
  • VIBE
    Options
    a bit of backstory on the "true events" that inspired AHS: Roanoke Nightmare and a clue that ties in another season to this one

Historical Mystery Behind ‘American Horror Story’s’ Roanoke Nightmare – TheWrap

Befitting a season that has been shrouded in mystery, “American Horror Story 6” didn’t outright reveal what this season’s theme is going to be.

Instead, it was revealed through the premiere episode’s show-within-a-show format, which told the story of a North Carolina couple’s haunting experiences as reenacted by the fictional paranormal TV series, “My Roanoke Nightmare.”

This title, which appeared just before each commercial break and at the end of the episode, hints at a famous historical mystery that has gone unsolved for over 400 years: the lost colony of Roanoke Island.

In the late 16th century, Sir William Raleigh, the explorer after whom the capital of North Carolina would later be named, selected artist John White to lead a group of 115 colonists to start a new colony on Roanoke Island off the coast of what is now Dare County.

A previous colony had been established on the island, but had been abandoned after its leaders killed the chief of the Native American tribe that had been its primary trade source.

After founding the colony in 1587, White returned to England to get more supplies. He hoped he would only be gone for three months, but England’s war with Spain prevented White from returning as all English ships were seized by the government for the war effort.

It wasn’t until 1590 that White returned, and when he did, every single person in the Roanoke colony had disappeared, including his wife, daughter and granddaughter.

The only clue left behind was a word carved in a post: “Croatoan,” the name of a nearby tribe.

According to a New York Times report from last year, recent archeological finds have led some to believe that at least some of the Roanoke colonists may have assimilated into nearby Native American tribes.

English artifacts such as flintlocks and food jars were found at sites populated by Native Americans.

Even as recently as this past June, archeologists continue to find new artifacts from the lost colony on Roanoke Island. Still, historians don’t have a clear answer as to what happened to the colony.

The title “My Roanoke Nightmare,” combined with the premiere episode’s setting in North Carolina, are strong clues that the eerie happenings that have surrounded Shelby and Matt are connected to this strange disappearance.

It should also be noted that the word “Croatoan” appeared in the very first season of “American Horror Story.”

In Episode 11 of that season, a psychic tells a ghost story about an exorcism that happened at Roanoke Colony after all the colonists died.

To banish the spirits of the colonists that kept haunting the island, one of the Native American elders performed a ritual that ended with him shouting “Croatoan.”

If the Roanoke Colony comes into play in future episodes, don’t be surprised if the first link between “AHS” seasons past and present begins with this legend.

• BangEm_Bart
    Options
    Are they only doing 1 story or multiple?
  • VIBE
    Options
    I'm thinking the same story but diff perspectives of those who experienced it?
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think its gonna be multiple stories

i dont see them being able to drag this one out the whole season

• BangEm_Bart
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    I'm thinking the same story but diff perspectives of those who experienced it?

That sounds dope cause continuing 1 story through 2 or 3 episodes is wack.
  • Broddie
    edited September 2016
    Options
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How long before oj is a ? ?
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like it so far.

didn't watch the freak show season after seeing the dude get ?
  • BangEm_Bart
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

I should've never doubted y'all, now I see where the story is going. Can't wait to see Kathy Bates.
  • Broddie
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Still funny that we're now at a point in time were Bassett and Gooding went from playing mother and son to playing siblings.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Still funny that we're now at a point in time were Bassett and Gooding went from playing mother and son to playing siblings.

yea, that bugged me out too
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    Dead @ "Yoga is not a job, I used to play sports back in the day. Back then yoga was called STRETCHING!!" HAHAHAHA!!!!!
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    House big as ? ..

? id be equipped with a sawed off on the back a hand gun on my waist

How a house that big only got 3 bedrooms tho??
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I love this mockumentary/reality show/found footage style.

I think when she touched him in the hospital and brought him back it killed the baby.

What ? would move in the woods with rednecks?Matt really wanted that house.

Ain't no ? good enough to ignore loud pig sounds.Shelby must have the bomb.So is that pigman from season 1

? I'll never get used to weather that makes teeth fall from the sky.

They should have moved to Raleigh since he's always there.I think he's in on this.

Random(Shotgun Suge voice) I wanna do Lily Rabe

? how you see 2 ppl in your house and talk about "is anyone there" then go get in the hot tub outside,in the dark.? ya self ? .You deserve to be attacked.

So Matt got there in half the time huh?I swear dude is suspect.

Tara's mom.Shelby lost a baby and she was randomly shot finding a baby.Angela's fine ass.Why didn't dude assume that was just her meds and got his pen and moved on?Her husband left her with the www quickness.

They needed that gun.That's scary.That may be pigman on that video.

? gets real ? up everytime Matt leaves.

Blair witch in the building

That's a smart white girl now.Let's leave now.Too bad she had to fall like every white girl.I think Shelby has powers hand she made the ground move.

Keep in mind that we are watching a show called My Roanoke Nightmare,not AHS

We don't even know if the ppl on the show are Matt and Shelby and what about the actors playing them?Were they killed?Where is the daughter who appears in the promos in the reality show?

This could go many ways.I love it

Ppl think this is that psychic Billy Dean from season 1 and 5's show

• loch121
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    I like it so far.

didn't watch the freak show season after seeing the dude get ?

I think you mean Hotel
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    House big as ? ..

? id be equipped with a sawed off on the back a hand gun on my waist

How a house that big only got 3 bedrooms tho??

Same thing I thought
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? stupid bruh.... I'm just watching out of curiosity
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    This episode good. Thread should be stickied.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    I don't get how y'all didn't like it. That episode was scary as ? .
  • OhMars
    OhMars Members Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This people stupid as ? . ? money,I'm out that ? .

This ? is wack. I'm watching mr.robot instead of this next Wednesday
  • loch121
    Options
    I figured this would be a situation where she would be in the middle of the ritual,but not seen by them.

Don't steal from the store.Anybody want ribs now?

Cuba coonin Jr.

How can she say it's the mtn men after what she saw?Something off with Shelby.

Why would she want to bring her kid there?? .They let her play a game where she runs away.Smart

Ain't nobody coming to see you Otis.Otis smart though.Time to get my seed.

Oh hell no.Pig head ? appearing.Burning Blair Witch dolls.

Them nurse hoes were ruthless.No respect for their elders.C is for crazy.

Now yall wanna sale huh?Is this the bank of Satan.

Why bring your kid back?Stupid ass.Mason will regret letting her stay.

Damn Angela been on here for 4 seasons now.

Mason and the kid are missing from the mockumentary.

I think this season will include all the things in the promos somehow.A lot have been in these 2 eps

Maybe that ghost girl or Flora are the kid in the promo with the scare crows.Gotta ring vibe going on.