Philippines President Puts U.S. on Blast: Why Are You Killing Black People?

Options
Maximus Rex
Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2016 in For The Grown & Sexy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt9umInZatM
A Powerful Question From the Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte!

http://atlantablackstar.com/2016/08/24/philippines-president-puts-u-s-on-blast-why-are-you-killing-black-people/

During an Aug. 20 press conference, the President of the Philippines, Rodrigo Duterte, confronts a reporter about the backlash his nation has received regarding their policing.

Over the last few months, the United Nations and United States have criticized Duterte for his heavy-handed response to drug dealers.

There have been claims of extreme police brutality and human rights violations thrown his way.

In the clip, the president points out the hypocrisy of the two political bodies alleging that his administration violates citizens’ rights.

“The Philippine government is worried about what is being done to the Black people there in America,” Duterte starts. “[They are] being shot even while lying down. Why are the Blacks being killed on trumped up charges? There’s a hatred there being sowed by their government.”

The controversial new president of the Philippines is now urging the public to ? drug addicts

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/07/01/the-controversial-new-president-of-the-philippines-is-now-urging-the-public-to-? -drug-addicts/

By Melissa Etehad July 1

ebc48ae6442dce4_w550_h364.jpg
Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte arrives at Camp Crame Philippine National Police headquarters in suburban Quezon City on July 1. (Aaron Favila/AP)

The newly elected Philippines president, Rodrigo Duterte, urged a crowd of about 500 people on Thursday to ? drug addicts, according to the Guardian.

"If you know of any addicts, go ahead and ? them yourself, as getting their parents to do it would be too painful," he told people in a Manila slum he was visiting after taking his presidential oath.

Duterte has not shied away from making other rather shocking requests to the public. Early last month, the former lawyer and mayor made similar comments urging citizens to fight crime by turning in and even killing suspected drug dealers.

"If a drug dealer resists arrest or refuses to be brought to a police station and threatens a citizen with a gun or a knife, "you can ? him,"
Duterte said in a nationally televised speech in early June. "Shoot him and I'll give you a medal."

But in what seems to be an escalation, the 71-year-old president is now suggesting that the responsibility for the country's drug problem rests with addicts themselves and that killing them would be good business for funeral parlors.

“I assure you you won’t go bankrupt. If your business slows I will tell the police, ‘Do it faster to help the people earn money,' " he told the crowd.

Duterte, who was sworn in as president this week, has been accused of having previous links to vigilante death squads in Davao, the Guardian reported. His presidential campaign was focused largely on what he described as his fight against corruption and illegal drugs.

Human rights groups have told reporters that they are concerned that Duterte's comments regarding fighting crime and corruption in the Philippines might lead to rights violations.

giphy.gif

Rex has long said that dope fiends are the cause of the drug problem and the only effective way to deal with problem is to eliminate the demand and you eliminate the demand by liquidating the fiends. Props to President Duterte for having the ? to recognize and understand this and encouraging his countrymen to do so. Also props to him putting the U.S. on blast.

Comments

• The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at liquidating a person or a group of people. Not only is that something you would expect an edgy child to say, you're ignoreing the fact that on one hand
    "The Philippine government is worried about what is being done to the Black people there in America,” Duterte starts. “[They are] being shot even while lying down. Why are the Blacks being killed on trumped up charges? There’s a hatred there being sowed by their government" and instead praising “I assure you you won’t go bankrupt. If your business slows I will tell the police, ‘Do it faster to help the people earn money,'

You can't condemn the killing of young black men while on the other hand if his country had the sane ethnic background of America we cab see that young black man would also be killed on trumped up charges.
  • Maximus Rex
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    Lol at liquidating a person or a group of people. Not only is that something you would expect an edgy child to say, you're ignoreing the fact that on one hand
    "The Philippine government is worried about what is being done to the Black people there in America,” Duterte starts. “[They are] being shot even while lying down. Why are the Blacks being killed on trumped up charges? There’s a hatred there being sowed by their government" and instead praising “I assure you you won’t go bankrupt. If your business slows I will tell the police, ‘Do it faster to help the people earn money,'

You can't condemn the killing of young black men while on the other hand if his country had the sane ethnic background of America we cab see that young black man would also be killed on trumped up charges.

But he's killing fiends though and he should be commended for that.
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've been saying something like this is needed. There is no way to correct issues that have been plaguing our community. I'm not talking outside forces (i.e. police, racism, etc.). I'm talking incorrigible African Americans ? , pimping, killing, selling drugs. Purge them all. Only then can we truly move forward as a race of people that can be great for us
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meh....

I've never been to the Phillipines, but I'm guessing blacks over there aren't treated much better.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? said "liquidating fiends". Lord help em.
  • Maximus Rex
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I have a feeling this is simply political posturing.

? is working though. Unlike Tony Montana and El Chapo'em they ain't trying to go to war.

In Philippines’ War on Drugs, Dealers Choose Retirement Over Death
    President Rodrigo Duterte’s ? crackdown has suspects surrendering and addicts flooding rehabilitation centers

http://www.wsj.com/articles/in-philippines-war-on-drugs-dealers-choose-retirement-over-death-1468509951

Police officers investigate the body of an alleged drug dealer, his face covered with packing tape and a placard reading "I'm a pusher,” on a street in Manila on July 8. PHOTO: NOEL CELIS/AGENCE FRANCE-PRESSE/GETTY IMAGES

By TREFOR MOSS
    July 14, 2016 11:25 a.m. ET

MANILA—Thousands of drug dealers and addicts have been surrendering themselves at police stations and flocking to rehabilitation centers across the Philippines, hoping to escape a ? war on drugs unleashed by newly elected President Rodrigo Duterte. But there’s a problem: Authorities say they can’t cope with the sheer number of drug addicts suddenly seeking help.

A campaign pledge to take extreme action on drugs—primarily by killing thousands of suspected dealers—helped propel Mr. Duterte to a comfortable election victory two months ago. In the first 10 days after he took office June 30, police by their own reckoning shot dead around 60 suspected dealers, compared with 39 killed between Jan. 1 and May 9, the day Mr. Duterte was elected.

Police officials say the officers involved in these incidents followed the rules of engagement and were forced to shoot suspects who resisted arrest. Several lawmakers, however, have called for an investigation into the sudden increase in killings.

During a visit to police headquarters early this month, Mr. Duterte encouraged officers not to hold back. “Do your duty, and if in the process you ? 1,000 persons because you were doing your duty, I will protect you,” he said.

Like other countries in the region, the Philippines in recent years has experienced a surge in the use of highly addictive crystal methamphetamine, known locally as “shabu.” The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime says that methamphetamine seizures in East Asia, Southeast Asia and Oceania quadrupled between 2008 and 2013.

The Philippines’ Dangerous Drugs Board counted 1.3 million drug users nationwide in a 2012 study, but lawmakers have said the true figure may be nearer 10 million—one-tenth of the population. The U.N. statistics suggest methamphetamine use is more common in the Philippines than in neighboring countries.

To see drug suspects surrendering to police or users seeking rehabilitation en masse is a “happy problem,” said board chairman Felipe Rojas. But resources are urgently needed to treat them, he said.

Leaders in some of the Philippines’ poorest communities say that Mr. Duterte’s approach is doomed to fail unless his administration stops viewing the drug problem as a law-and-order issue and starts addressing it as a social one. Otherwise, they say, dealers and addicts will return to their old ways or be replaced by a new generation of offenders.

The Philippines has 45 rehabilitation centers nationwide—too few to cope with the number of addicts being driven into the open by the antidrug campaign, according to people familiar with the challenges of weaning addicts off crystal ? .

“Ever since May 9 there’s been huge demand,” said Guillermo Gomez, program director at Bridges of Hope, a Manila rehabilitation center. “We were full even before Duterte came in.”

Bridges of Hope only has space for 92 patients, Mr. Gomez said. But in the single largest mass surrender of drug dealers and addicts, around 4,000 individuals handed themselves into police in Davao on Saturday, filing into a large hall to sign a giant “commitment wall” confessing their crimes, the police said. In the first 10 days of July, more than 17,000 drug users surrendered to the authorities in the Davao region alone, the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency said this week, with thousands more surrendering nationwide.

Parents of addicts, worried their children will be shot by the police, are bringing them in, Mr. Gomez said.

Mr. Gomez, himself a recovering drug addict, said that without well-planned social initiatives to help people beat addiction for good, Mr. Duterte’s purge at best would produce a short-term dip in levels of drug offending.

As a young man, Mr. Gomez, now 44 years old, played soccer for the Philippines’ national junior team and majored in journalism. But close to graduation he started dabbling in shabu. For the next 15 years, his life became a morbid cycle of addiction, rehab and relapse, he said. Mr. Gomez finally won his battle with shabu five years ago and started working in rehabilitation to help others, he said.

Mr. Duterte has underestimated the economic power of the drug trade, Mr. Gomez said. When he started using shabu in the 1990s it was a pricey, imported drug available only in Manila, he recalled. But today, cooking shabu is a widespread cottage industry, which has helped to spread the drug nationally and halved the price to $2 for a single hit.

Community leaders in the central Philippine city of Bacolod said shabu has become a ubiquitous problem there in recent years.

In the Barangay 2 district, one of the city’s most deprived, community leader Victor Aliguin said one-third of the neighborhood’s 5,000 residents were actively involved in selling shabu, which they obtain in small amounts from the city’s drug networks. Pushing has become the only way to make ends meet in a former fishing community whose waters have been fished out, he said.

“Duterte doesn’t understand the problems we have in small communities where people depend on selling drugs to survive,” said Mr. Aliguin. “Duterte needs to prioritize jobs, not crime—then people wouldn’t need to sell drugs in the first place.”

But in nearby Barangay 26, community leader Tony Arroz said Mr. Duterte’s plan to eliminate drug dealers first and foremost was the correct approach. He identified several local dealers he planned to target in support of Mr. Duterte’s clampdown.

“He’s a pusher,” Mr. Arroz said, pointing to a young man loitering outside a food stall drinking a beer. “He’s a pusher, too,” as another rode past on a flashy motorbike. “Drugs are rampant here. I’ve been shouting about fighting drugs for so long, but until now I’ve been a one-man army.”
  • prime_time_willy
    prime_time_willy Members Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sound like he just tryna deflect to get the heat off his own fuckery. What he said about how Americans treat blacks wasn't incorrect, but he damn sure didn't say it out of a genuine concern for us.

He just pulled a white man comeback.

"Well what about black on black crime?"

Because we know white people don't care about blacks killing blacks, they just use it as a way to deflect. Same ? he's doing.
  • Maximus Rex
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Drug addicts in jail cells and dealers' bodies littering the streets: 60,000 people turn themselves in to authorities in the Philippines after the president tells citizens to 'go ahead and ? ' drug users
      [*] Philippines president Rodrigo Duterte, dubbed 'The Punisher', has waged a war on drugs throughout the country
      [*] After winning elections in May this year he has urged citizens to ? suspected drug users and dealers
      [*] Police have confirmed killing more than 110 drug suspects since the president came to power
      [*] Communications Office Secretary Martin Andanar said 60,000 drug dependents have surrendered to authorities

WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3691692/Drug-addicts-Philippines-surrender-authorities-president-Rodrigo-Duterte-urges-citizens-ahead-? -drug-users-dealers.html

By MAX MARGAN and NELSON GROOM FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA
      PUBLISHED: 05:12 EST, 15 July 2016 | UPDATED: 09:02 EST, 15 July 2016

Nearly 60,000 Filipino drug addicts have surrendered themselves to the government after President Rodrigo Duterte urged citizens to 'go ahead and ? ' drug dealers and users.
      Mr Duterte, dubbed 'The Punisher', won elections in May and promised a law-and-order crackdown on drugs.
      'These sons of ? are destroying our children. I warn you, don't go into that, even if you're a policeman, because I will really ? you,' the president told an audience during a speech in the country's capital, Manila. Presidential Communications Office Secretary Martin Andanar said close to 60,000 drug dependents have surrendered to authorities since the administration began its intensified campaign against drugs.

364B291800000578-0-Nearly_60_000_drug_addicts_across_the_Philippines_have_handed_th-a-36_1468573236262.jpg
      Nearly 60,000 drug addicts across the Philippines have handed themselves in to authorities after president Rodrigo Duterte promised a law-and-order crackdown on drugs

364B290D00000578-0-Filipinos_allegedly_involved_in_illegal_drugs_handcuffed_togethe-a-31_1468573236104.jpg
      Filipinos allegedly involved in illegal drugs handcuffed together inside a police headquarters in Manila. Presidential Communications Office Secretary Martin Andanar said close to 60,000 drug dependents have surrendered to authorities

364B542B00000578-0-Filipino_inmates_are_seen_inside_a_jail_in_Manila_Close_to_60_00-a-34_1468573236140.jpg
      Filipino inmates are seen inside a jail in Manila. President Rodrigo Duterte has urged citizens to 'go ahead and ? ' drug dealers and users

Police have confirmed killing more than 110 drug suspects since the president came to power,
      while local news reports suggest that figure is around 200. At least 43,000 alleged drug traffickers have been 'neutralised' and 300kg of shabu, a highly addictive methamphetamine, has been confiscated, according to local reports.

President Duterte has warned of widespread bloodshed as part of the government's war on drugs. He vowed on one occasion during the election campaign that 100,000 people would die, and so many bodies would be dumped in Manila Bay that the fish there would grow fat from feeding on them, according to the South China Morning Post. Duterte has also told police he would protect them from legal consequences if they killed drug dealers, the Post reported.

Last week, gruesome images showing slain drug dealers with 'I'm a pusher' signs covering their chests emerged. The grim scenes of alleged drug dealers found shot dead in Manila last week are growing increasingly common as police wage a ? war on narcotics.

The government's top lawyer called for police to ? more suspected drug criminals, as he defended president Duterte's brutal war on crime against mounting criticism.

As the official death toll has mounted, and other bodies not confirmed killed by police have been found with placards declaring them drug traffickers, human rights lawyers have expressed deep concerns about the war on crime spiralling out of control.

In response to the criticism, Solicitor General Jose Calida held a press conference on Monday at national police headquarters to insist on the legality of the police killings and to encourage more deaths of people suspected of being involved in the drug trade. 'To me, that is not enough,' Calida said of the killings so far. 'How many drug addicts or pushers are there in the Philippines? Our villages are almost saturated (with drugs).' A lawyer and a former prosecutor, Duterte has urged law enforcers to ? those they believe are involved in the drug trade, as well as other criminals.

In one of the deadliest single incidents, police reported killing eight 'drug personalities' during a pre-dawn raid on Saturday in a small southern town. One of the nation's top human rights lawyers, Jose Manuel Diokno, warned last week that Duterte had 'spawned a nuclear explosion of violence that is spiralling out of control and creating a nation without judges'.

Former senator Rene Saguisag, a prominent human rights lawyer during the regime of dictator Ferdinand Marcos, also criticised Duterte's statements naming and shaming alleged drug lords and police officers ahead of a formal investigation.

'Do we still probe and have a trial as part of due process? Useless, it seems to me,' Saguisag wrote in an online column last week. Some opposition lawmakers have also called for a congressional investigation into the spate of killings.

Calida, a Duterte appointee, said he would protect police from or during congressional probes, while emphasising it was up to critics to prove allegations of abuse rather than base inquiries on speculation. 'I am here to encourage the (police) not to be afraid of any congressional or senate investigations. We will defend them ... I am the defender of the (police),' he said.
    • atribecalledgabi
      atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
      Options
      Why punish the drug addicts tho? Go after how the drugs get into the country in the first place. Go after poverty. Cuz nobody cares about rich drug users, only the poor ones.
    • Vellum
      Vellum Members Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭
      Options
      Im not listening to some Filipino president that tells people to murder people with drug addictions. Filipinos dont even ? with black people like that, and im suppose to listen to this guy.

Im listening to this dude like...
      seh6p.gif
    • huey
      huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
      Options
      Sound like he just tryna deflect to get the heat off his own fuckery. What he said about how Americans treat blacks wasn't incorrect, but he damn sure didn't say it out of a genuine concern for us.

Exactly. This dude literally sanctioned killings of citizens from his own mouth.
    • babelipsss
      babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
      Options
      We don't need his kind of help.
    • NothingButTheTruth
      NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
      Options
      This is good because it justifies the cries from the black citizens of Amerikkka. Everyone sees what's happening, so it's always a plus when other governments speak out, even if they do have an ulterior motive.

Anyone who has a problem with dude speaking out is suffering from some kind of post slave disorder or is still a slave. Ol' leave my ? alone ass ? .
    • NothingButTheTruth
      Options
      So let me get this straight some of are advocating a "cleansing" of drug addicts. Basically stating they are beyond redemption?

You do realize this man was a drug addict, thief and criminal right?

m_x_1.gif

And what's that suppose to mean? Stop worshiping the vessel, and work on comprehending the message that was presented.
    • atribecalledgabi
      atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
      Options
      This is good because it justifies the cries from the black citizens of Amerikkka. Everyone sees what's happening, so it's always a plus when other governments speak out, even if they do have an ulterior motive.

Anyone who has a problem with dude speaking out is suffering from some kind of post slave disorder or is still a slave. Ol' leave my ? alone ass ? .

And what is he doing about it besides talking out both sides of his mouth? Is he offering ? a place to stay that wana migrate from America? Is he doing anything that will put pressure on the American govt to treat us better? He can save his words if she ain't gon do ? behind it.
    • Vellum
      Vellum Members Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭
      Options

Yes, im a slave. You got me. That stupid ? youre saying only flies in circles of other morons. You go around actual smart people and use a president who called for the genocide of his own people simply because they were addicts, as some type of credible voice to be listened to, and see how they laugh you out of their circle.

Philippines is filled with racism against blacks, and darker skin Filipinos in general. Yet here you are taking the scraps from a dude who aint ? , just because it fits your agenda. Who sounds like a slave now?
    • Copper
      Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
      Options
      America is asking him about why he kills drug dealers and questioning his leadership.

His rebuttal is “well why are you killing your black citizens?"

Seems like a legit response and question?
      Him caring about us isn't valid to his inquiry.
    • NothingButTheTruth
      Options

And what is he doing about it besides talking out both sides of his mouth? Is he offering ? a place to stay that wana migrate from America? Is he doing anything that will put pressure on the American govt to treat us better? He can save his words if she ain't gon do ? behind it.

I don't do the whole hand out thing, I'll handle my own problems. I just see the good in calling ? ? out, despite who says it. Hopefully it starts a trend, and we eventually get the spotlight, which can spark change a little quicker.

I don't see how this can be spinned as something negative if you're black in Amerikkka.
    • Shizlansky
      Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
      Options
      I ? hate fiends.