Huge Debate Erupts After ‘Teacher Bae’ Outfits Criticized As Inappropriate

Options

Comments

• Ol Jay's
    Ol Jay's Members Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh this ? compared ? saying she need to cover up to how white folks treated Saartjie Baartman

That would be the total opposite of what ? are doing by telling her to not be so revealing and putting her curves on display

I could careless what she wears, so you over-sexualized demonic heathens have no fight here, lol

Just pointing out the hypocrisy in @Black_Samson's post, those encouraging her and her herself are essentially doing what the white people did to Baartman, putting her on display
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Ol Jay's wrote: »
    smh this ? compared ? saying she need to cover up to how white folks treated Saartjie Baartman

That would be the total opposite of what ? are doing by telling her to not be so revealing and putting her curves on display

I could careless what she wears, so you over-sexualized demonic heathens have no fight here, lol

Just pointing out the hypocrisy in @Black_Samson's post, those encouraging her and her herself are essentially doing what the white people did to Baartman, putting her on display

No some just understand that she's a woman with a body and that ? can't always be "hidden". Her just walking is going to put her body on display when she's built like that
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think he only brought her up because of fact that people are making a big deal about her body in that dress, when it really isnt even revealing. And had another woman with a different body type (and race) wore that dress, it would have been a non issue.

So he's saying that people in general have internalized a degrading and oversexualized view of black womens bodies. And it's so bad that even when a full figured woman is covered, she is still a "hoe" or "thot", and only should be looked at as a sexyal object.

Venus Hottentot....
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lurker6 wrote: »
    You ? weirdos blew up her IG so much she deleted that ? before i could see. Couldnt you ? just lurked on it like normal creeps, ? .

696.gif
  • Ol Jay's
    Options

I think he only brought her up because of fact that people are making a big deal about her body in that dress, when it really isnt even revealing. And had another woman with a different body type (and race) wore that dress, it would have been a non issue.

So he's saying that people in general have internalized a degrading and oversexualized view of black womens bodies. And it's so bad that even when a full figured woman is covered, she is still a "hoe" or "thot", and only should be looked at as a sexyal object.

Venus Hottentot....

tbh I really don't care what his point is or was, just think it's asinine to be for a curvy woman to wear revealing clothes but against the treatment of Baartman, let alone bring her up in his argument
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Venus Hottentot....

tbh I really don't care what his point is or was, just think it's asinine to be for a curvy woman to wear revealing clothes but against the treatment of Baartman, let alone bring her up in his argument

Tight or revealing clothing? She was "covered" in the pictures i saw.

• Ol Jay's
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

No some just understand that she's a woman with a body and that ? can't always be "hidden". Her just walking is going to put her body on display when she's built like that

this isn't the only woman built like that

And let's not act like the male support isn't coming from a sexually influenced perspective
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lurker6 wrote: »
    You ? weirdos blew up her IG so much she deleted that ? before i could see. Couldnt you ? just lurked on it like normal creeps, ? .

Sorry fam... I'm still in though!!
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meh, skin tight clothes aren't exactly professional attire but all I would care about is how she does at educating my child.

She wearing the hell out of that pink dress.
  • Kai
    Kai Members, Moderators Posts: 704 Regulator
    edited September 2016
    Options
    BoyPussy wrote: »
    babelipsss wrote: »
    She knows what she's doing. I can respect that. But not around my little boy or girl. That's why we pay for private education.

LMFAOOOO what exactly is she doing that's so detrimental to their education?

Looking good and making all those mothers insecure about themselves..................oh wait, you asked what she was doing that was detrimental to the children's education, not what was she doing to bring out the green eyed monster in the mothers

As an aside, seriously it's frustrating how mfs can discount your achievements based on your appearance. Like if you're even half way cute men and women are quick to diminish your accomplishments. Like ? is just handed to you cuz you look good

I had a colleague basically insinuate that I got more TA positions cuz the profs preferred looking at me during their office hours than someone more professional like her, smh. I asked her to explain how I'm unprofessional and she rambled on about how I look younger and that somehow means the under grads won't respect me cuz I look like one of them *side eye*

There are you hating ass hoes happy, she deleted her Instagram

• bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shorty gonna have to buy some moo-moo's...that's the only solution lol.
  • Ol Jay's
    Options

Venus Hottentot....

Tight or revealing clothing? She was "covered" in the pictures i saw.

tomatoes bro

Just to make myself clear, i wholeheartedly support this sister to wear whatever she chooses, I just don't agree with the Baartman argument being used against those who don't agree with what she wears
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

this isn't the only woman built like that

And let's not act like the male support isn't coming from a sexually influenced perspective

Some is coming from that place...some just see as others have said. She's built a certain way so no matter what she wears her figure is going to show. She ain't teaching nowhere near me and I don't have child in the 4th grade so there's no real benefit to me saying it solely because she's attractive as if I gain something
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Somebody hack her phone and spoiler them nudes and lingerie pics
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She didn't delete her IG she just made it private

she went from like 60K followers to 124k in one day.. thats overwhelming
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »

I'm not on IG, do you get paid for having followers? Or is having followers a possible business opportunity?
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All these mothers who say 'she wouldn't be teaching my kid!' should really consider the message they're sending their children.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So basically you are going to pull your child from her class & school because a certain teacher have curves lol?
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    LPast wrote: »
    Trillfate wrote: »

I'm not on IG, do you get paid for having followers? Or is having followers a possible business opportunity?

Absolutely. These eye candy ? with several thousand followers get paid for endorsing products like athletes