Greatest Southern Producer ever

Options

Comments

• HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mannie Fresh
    Stew wrote: »
    If you got 8 different ? working on one beat you cant be goat producer IMO. Sorry dre and Ye....

So Quincy Jones aint the GOAT producer in music period cause he didnt play the guitar on "Beat It"?

:joy:

Eddie van Halen>>>>

Fight me.

On a serious note though. I never said dre aint great he just cant be goat.

If you apply that to quincy jones so be it *shrugs*
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Organized Noize
    If you got 8 different ? working on one beat you cant be goat producer IMO. Sorry dre and Ye....

So Quincy Jones aint the GOAT producer in music period cause he didnt play the guitar on "Beat It"?

Eddie van Halen>>>>

Fight me.

Eddie van Halen>>>>

Fight me.

U do know Quincy asked him to play on that record right? lol Had it not been for his vision on that record "Beat It" wouldnt be what it is and you're discrediting both Dre and QJ at the same time for saying that. Blasphemy son. So u think Mannie Fresh is the GOAT producer in all of music?
  • ChillaDaKilla
    ChillaDaKilla Members, Banned Users Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    N.O. Joe

Quincy composed music though ......while Dre twisted a ? or 2 on some songs

Wait, so Dre doesnt compose music? And which songs on the bolded, ill wait :joy:

? it's Wednesday I ain't looking that ? up

edit: off the top of my head lil ghetto boy

Great explanation to prove a point smh

I gave you a song....Daz instrumented more of that song than Dre

So that means all Dre did was "twist a ? or 2". Please tell me you were there to see this homie.

other ppl have said Dre wasn't a one man crew though .when it came to arranging beats ......hell even Warren G mentions this and that's his brother
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Organized Noize

Quincy composed music though ......while Dre twisted a ? or 2 on some songs

Wait, so Dre doesnt compose music? And which songs on the bolded, ill wait :joy:

? it's Wednesday I ain't looking that ? up

edit: off the top of my head lil ghetto boy

Great explanation to prove a point smh

I gave you a song....Daz instrumented more of that song than Dre

So that means all Dre did was "twist a ? or 2". Please tell me you were there to see this homie.

other ppl have said Dre wasn't a one man crew though .when it came to arranging beats ......hell even Warren G mentions this and that's his brother

:joy: Who said he was a one man crew?
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mannie Fresh

Eddie van Halen>>>>

Fight me.

Eddie van Halen>>>>

Fight me.

U do know Quincy asked him to play on that record right? lol Had it not been for his vision on that record "Beat It" wouldnt be what it is and you're discrediting both Dre and QJ at the same time for saying that. Blasphemy son. So u think Mannie Fresh is the GOAT producer in all of music?

Nope lol
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Mannie Fresh
    I realized my statement about the Chronic and ? may have went left for some folks. I heard a CMR mix not to long ago put together and most of the songs on the list didn't go past 1999 with the exception of the songs that came from "singles" or songs that folks on here talked about and pushed out there to be CMR staples. No old BG, No Gurella Warfare, No "Get it How you Live", nor old CMR songs were on that mix.

Majority of the songs were from Lil Wayne and DRAKE comical Lol,and songs from off the radio. So I can understand folks not understanding Fresh's greatness. I get it, not enough hours dedicated to listening to "old" CMR and folks think old CMR is Lil Wayne's Carter 1 smh. I get it though.

Some of these cats, haven't heard a Mannie Fresh produced "Full" album outside of Carter 1, or the typical CMR singles that plays on the radio.

You can't really judge the 400 degrees and Guerilla Warfare albums being >>> than "The Chronic" and "? " when "I need a Hot Girl" and "Back that Ass up" and "Ha" is the only thing that the radio plays. so I rest my argument.

• Knock_Twice
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Mannie Fresh
    Cain wrote: »
    So Mannie Fresh is a goat producer? LMAO man I tell ya the Reason gon Reason never fails

Mannie produced for the entire roster for CMR, Most of, if not all of their projects that came out were bumped heavily down here. Pre-Universal is to me where Mannie put in work. Let's not forget the material he put out after they got on Universal. 400 degress - Carter 1. Mannie's tenure.

After leaving CMR he produced more heat, See Jeezy, See Webbie, See Slim Thug and others.

I mean for the most part of dude's career he has put out nothing but heat and been the most consistent producer in the game. It's hard to find a bad Mannie track.

He's doing this 'by himself" where as others, like KLC, he had Craig B, Moby ? (both producers themselves) to bounce ideas off or to assist with this or that. Did KLC push out heat, of course. Did KLC produce albums "by himself" track for track (I doubt it) Mannie came with every pattern, melody, 808 kick, hi-hat etc by himself for ALL of CMR artists. Later on he got some assistance from Jazzy Pha, but majority of CMR production, came from "one dude" Fresh.

I don't understand why Mannie is not a GOAT producer?

Again, we can make a thread and go track for track? Pick any rap producer you think is GOAT and line yours up with Fresh.

One cat called out Ye as being better, smh not even close. Mannie got to much heat.
  • Knock_Twice
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Mannie Fresh
    Any of you ? that wanna go "track for track" against Fresh material with your favorite "GOAT" or whatever producer,
    Create that thread and let's get it. All this back and forth about who turned the ? and what album magazines said were GOAT and aligned hip hop and ? , and what the meaning of a producer is. ? line your tracks up and let's get it. Put this ? to an end.

Fresh is the best rap producer that came through this game IMO.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Mannie Fresh
    @_goldie_, @cain,

im letting ya'll know now...i aint participating b/c of the reasons i stated to Beta,

but entertain him

should be an interesting convo
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mannie Fresh
    Yea I agree with ol' boy Cash Money before the record deal Mannie was a beast on them boards..
  • Knock_Twice
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Mannie Fresh
    AP21 wrote: »
    @_goldie_, @cain,

im letting ya'll know now...i aint participating b/c of the reasons i stated to Beta,

but entertain him

should be an interesting convo

Man dudes have their opinion and like who they like, no harm. I'm just riding for Fresh and his production, and I don't see anyone in the game "now" or back then that was/is seeing this dude. I'm just puttin it out there how over-look this dude be when it comes to the production game. Ppl put your Dre's, your Timbos this and that persons because of their notoriety and who they've worked with, but if we pull of them crates out and go track for track, None of those producers IMO are even coming close to Fresh greatness track for track, if you really know music and study/listen to it, Fresh been killing the game since he stepped on the scene and been probably the most consistent dude in the game.

Not one Fresh track sound the same.
    Birdman Jr and Back that Ass Up was produced by the same person Lol.
    Most of Dre ? sound P-Funkish (no harm) but you can tell a Dre track for the most part.

• ChillaDaKilla
    ChillaDaKilla Members, Banned Users Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    N.O. Joe
    I realized my statement about the Chronic and ? may have went left for some folks. I heard a CMR mix not to long ago put together and most of the songs on the list didn't go past 1999 with the exception of the songs that came from "singles" or songs that folks on here talked about and pushed out there to be CMR staples. No old BG, No Gurella Warfare, No "Get it How you Live", nor old CMR songs were on that mix.

Majority of the songs were from Lil Wayne and DRAKE comical Lol,and songs from off the radio. So I can understand folks not understanding Fresh's greatness. I get it, not enough hours dedicated to listening to "old" CMR and folks think old CMR is Lil Wayne's Carter 1 smh. I get it though.

Some of these cats, haven't heard a Mannie Fresh produced "Full" album outside of Carter 1, or the typical CMR singles that plays on the radio.

You can't really judge the 400 degrees and Guerilla Warfare albums being >>> than "The Chronic" and "? " when "I need a Hot Girl" and "Back that Ass up" and "Ha" is the only thing that the radio plays. so I rest my argument.

@_Goldie_
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Manny fresh has not produced an album of the quality of 2001, ? , or The Chronic. Hell, I can even come with NWA beats from the 80s that fresh can't touch, always into somethin and dopeman for starters.

And for everybody sayin other ? is responsible for Dre's success. Somebody explain to me how this man in 4 seperate decades has been at the top of producing, and with beats that you can namely say are dre beats. Like, I could see if his style was all over the place, but for the most part, you know a dre beat when you hear one. They may sound different in each era he produced in but c'mon.

It's intro and outro beats that dre has that manny can't jump with, let alone album cuts. I might cut you some slack for Manny vs Kanye, but Dre is an absolute forgetaboutit bruh.... Only thing Manny got over dre is more beats.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mannie Fresh
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    Manny fresh has not produced an album of the quality of 2001, ? , or The Chronic. Hell, I can even come with NWA beats from the 80s that fresh can't touch, always into somethin and dopeman for starters.

And for everybody sayin other ? is responsible for Dre's success. Somebody explain to me how this man in 4 seperate decades has been at the top of producing, and with beats that you can namely say are dre beats. Like, I could see if his style was all over the place, but for the most part, you know a dre beat when you hear one. They may sound different in each era he produced in but c'mon.

It's intro and outro beats that dre has that manny can't jump with, let alone album cuts. I might cut you some slack for Manny vs Kanye, but Dre is an absolute forgetaboutit bruh.... Only thing Manny got over dre is more beats.

good points fam
  • Knock_Twice
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Mannie Fresh
    Ppl saying Dre this and that, not taking nothing away from Dre, but let's look at the overall thing, Dre produced "The Chronic, ? and 2001 along with other "singles" from other ppl projects, but how many sample clearings did he have to get? Those albums did what they did in their "time" Like I stated, where I from and most of the ? in the Southern part of the world would reach for a 400 degrees before they reach for a ? record to ride around town listening to IMO.

Plus the fact that Dre produces what every 3 to 4 years? Dude sits on time. Fresh stayed producing whole albums, not just the 3 that folks are naming (The Chronic, ? , and 2001)
    Fresh produced by himself

Soulja Rags (solid)
    400 degrees (solid)
    G-Code (solid)
    Gurella Warefare (solid)
    Get it How you Live (solid)
    It's all on you Vol 1 & 2 (solid)
    Chopper City (solid)
    Chopper City in the Ghetto (solid)
    Big Tymers How you love that (solid)
    Big Tymers Big Money Heavy Weight (ok)
    Big Tymers I got that Work (solid)
    Big Tymers Hood Rich
    Birdman (first two albums) (ok)
    Lil Wayne - Lights Out (solid)
    Lil Wayne - Carter 1 (solid)
    Lil Wayne - (2nd album) (ok)
    Lil Wayne - 500 degrees (no)
    Turk - Young & Thugging (no)
    Mack 10

And not to name the albums of UNLV, ? Daddy and other projects

And you mean to tell me "more beats is your argument" instead of saying "more better tracks"
    Dre production aint seeing Mannie Fresh production from those albums I've listed.
    Outta all those albums listed, Fresh sampled only one time which again was "Way of Life"
    Dayum near every album I listed, if you was to ask folks who follow CMR or listen to Fresh production would say they are solid albums.

If you would have listened to just those albums listed and not the radio singles, 98% of those albums ? today still bump on a regular down here and 98% of those albums would be grabbed first to be played before grabbing "The Chronic and Doggstyle.

• Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Organized Noize
    but how many sample clearings did he have to get?

Who gives a ? . You still have to make a fire beat.

Slim you losing the battle if you worrying bout ? sample clearings.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other
    Timberland but later in his career I heard he was pulling a Dr. Dre and putting his name on other people production credit.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other
    kzzl wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »
    Virginia is definitely considered the South

Heeeeeeeell, no. Since the ? when? Said who?

Y'all ? need to stop.

Bruh I stayed in VA. If that aint the south I dont know what is.
  • Knock_Twice
    Options
    Mannie Fresh
    but how many sample clearings did he have to get?

Who gives a ? . You still have to make a fire beat.

Slim you losing the battle if you worrying bout ? sample clearings.

Folk

The sampling ? whatever

Everyone does it

A ? producing multiple albums for different artists without having to use one is cool wit me.

• eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DJ Toomp
    No DJ Premier?

I turn in my Hip-Hop card now. I guess cause he's one of the foundations of East Coast sound, I forgot..
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mannie Fresh
    caddo man wrote: »
    kzzl wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »
    Virginia is definitely considered the South

Heeeeeeeell, no. Since the ? when? Said who?

Y'all ? need to stop.

Bruh I stayed in VA. If that aint the south I dont know what is.

What part of VA did you stay in? My uncle stays in Herndon or NOVA, and culturally wise, that area doesn't have a southern feel to it at all. I've had ? from up there tell me they're not southern. I've had people I went to school with at A&T from the Newport News area tell me they're not southern. Virginia's tricky though, because if you go through areas like Bristol, Roanoke, and even Richmond, you do get that southern vibe. I do understand that geographically speaking, they are southern.

It was like that in NC, too. I remember when I first got up there in '07 for school in Greensboro, they were on that Mideast ? for the longest. Lol, it died down but I had ? who would tell me they're a mixture of the south and east.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DJ Paul and Juicy J
    No Timbo, ? C, or Premier this ? wack I aint answering.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DJ Paul and Juicy J
    I would take Paul and Juice before Mannie though, they influenced the game far more than Mannie Fresh did, they influence is still felt to this day.
  • Lefty_
    Options
    I would take Paul and Juice before Mannie though, they influenced the game far more than Mannie Fresh did, they influence is still felt to this day.

? don't wanna hear that... Trap beats, horror core, and crunk get child support from paul and juice.
  • Lefty_
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Ppl saying Dre this and that, not taking nothing away from Dre, but let's look at the overall thing, Dre produced "The Chronic, ? and 2001 along with other "singles" from other ppl projects, but how many sample clearings did he have to get? Those albums did what they did in their "time" Like I stated, where I from and most of the ? in the Southern part of the world would reach for a 400 degrees before they reach for a ? record to ride around town listening to IMO.

Plus the fact that Dre produces what every 3 to 4 years? Dude sits on time. Fresh stayed producing whole albums, not just the 3 that folks are naming (The Chronic, ? , and 2001)
    Fresh produced by himself

Soulja Rags (solid)
    400 degrees (solid)
    G-Code (solid)
    Gurella Warefare (solid)
    Get it How you Live (solid)
    It's all on you Vol 1 & 2 (solid)
    Chopper City (solid)
    Chopper City in the Ghetto (solid)
    Big Tymers How you love that (solid)
    Big Tymers Big Money Heavy Weight (ok)
    Big Tymers I got that Work (solid)
    Big Tymers Hood Rich
    Birdman (first two albums) (ok)
    Lil Wayne - Lights Out (solid)
    Lil Wayne - Carter 1 (solid)
    Lil Wayne - (2nd album) (ok)
    Lil Wayne - 500 degrees (no)
    Turk - Young & Thugging (no)
    Mack 10

And not to name the albums of UNLV, ? Daddy and other projects

And you mean to tell me "more beats is your argument" instead of saying "more better tracks"
    Dre production aint seeing Mannie Fresh production from those albums I've listed.
    Outta all those albums listed, Fresh sampled only one time which again was "Way of Life"
    Dayum near every album I listed, if you was to ask folks who follow CMR or listen to Fresh production would say they are solid albums.

If you would have listened to just those albums listed and not the radio singles, 98% of those albums ? today still bump on a regular down here and 98% of those albums would be grabbed first to be played before grabbing "The Chronic and Doggstyle.

My ? no disrespect but your biased to your hometown hero. Mannie is talented but he's not a GOAT producer he's a good producer with some good to classic hits under his belt.

Mannie is like Swizz Beats imo there they're part of classic songs not so much for their production but for the lyrics the artist that was on the songs made classic.

Aight bruh lets not go too far.