Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite Teaser Trailer

Options

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What happened to this game? Injustice about to do to this what MKX did to SFV

What did MKX do to SFV? Isn't MKX basically dead now? People complained about SFV, but it's still active.

Most of the damage done to SFV was done by Capcom not competition. The team behind MvC:I have already stated they won't be making those mistakes. I think it's just a case of them announcing the ? too early. We'll probably see something at E3 though.
  • Phantom Pain
    Phantom Pain Members Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What did MKX do to SFV? Isn't MKX basically dead now? People complained about SFV, but it's still active.

Most of the damage done to SFV was done by Capcom not competition. The team behind MvC:I have already stated they won't be making those mistakes. I think it's just a case of them announcing the ? too early. We'll probably see something at E3 though.

MKX isn't dead. The game is still very alive and active. Tournaments, updates, online community....

SFV never lived up to the hype.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

MKX isn't dead. The game is still very alive and active. Tournaments, updates, online community....

SFV was never hyped to begin with, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

These ? live in a fantasy world where MKX didn't outperform SFV in literally every way possible. Capcom wouldve killed for SFV to have had the success MKX did.

Im actually more interested in MvC:I than I am Injustice 2, but Injustice 2 is looking really good and is sure to be another hit. The jury is still out on MvC: I though.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    focus wrote: »

These ? live in a fantasy world where MKX didn't outperform SFV in literally every way possible. Capcom wouldve killed for SFV to have had the success MKX did.

Im actually more interested in MvC:I than I am Injustice 2, but Injustice 2 is looking really good and is sure to be another hit. The jury is still out on MvC: I though.

lol MKX outsold SFV. That's about it. MK always outsells SF. NRS has always done a better job catering to casual audiences.
  • Phantom Pain
    Phantom Pain Members Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm not too sure even you know what you're talking about
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options

NRS games never have longevity. Soon as injustice 2 comes out mkx won't be heard from again.

Capcom is able to sustain multiple games at the same time. They still have tourney for super turbo and usf4. There's no tournament for mk9 or mk2
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

I'm not too sure even you know what you're talking about

Considering I followed the development of the game from beginning to release, yeah I know what I'm talking about. Outside, of core SF fans, SFV did not have this major hype you're trying to claim. And it had considerably less hype 7going for it when people found out about the bare bones single player experience. So I'm not really sure what hype you feel it didn't live up to.
  • focus
    edited April 2017
    Options
    lol, so now...SFV supposedly had no hype, and Capcom planned for it to flop all along because "something something core", and MKX didnt ? on it because somewhere theres a SF2 tournament happening? So that somehow makes it all better? The MKX tourneys and leagues dont count tho. Ok. lol.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    lol, so now...SFV supposedly had no hype, and Capcom planned for it to flop all along because "something something core", and MKX didnt ? on it because somewhere theres a SF2 tournament happening? So that somehow makes it all better? The MKX tourneys and leagues dont count tho. Ok. lol.

You're being a clown as usual. MKX killed SFV in sales. No one is arguing that. MK always kills SF in sales. That's by design. NRS designs games specifically to appeal to a wide player base. Capcom markets to their core base and seeks to have those people support the games for years. Capcom said from the beginning that their plan was to have SFV supported for 5-7 years. They ? up the release, but they never expected to get MK numbers out of the gate. If they didn't they'd just copy MK's format.
  • focus
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I guess that Brainiac trailer finally pushed Capcom over the edge because this trailer looks like it was done in a day lol. Super meh, especially compared to the Marvel 3 reveal/story trailer.

Im glad theres a release date, I was beginning to think this was gonna slip. Im still excited about this, but thats based soley on previous installments. Nothing about Infinite itself makes me hype. Still dont like the artstyle either.

lol @ still no mutants/Fox characters.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I guess that Brainiac trailer finally pushed Capcom over the edge because this trailer looks like it was done in a day lol. Super meh, especially compared to the Marvel 3 reveal/story trailer.

Im glad theres a release date, I was beginning to think this was gonna slip. Im still excited about this, but thats based soley on previous installments. Nothing about Infinite itself makes me hype. Still dont like the artstyle either.

lol @ still no mutants/Fox characters.

Yeah, I don't think they put much effort into this. I think they just threw it out there because people were complaining about the lack of information. With the release date so close, I doubt this trailer even represents the current developmental state of the game. I'm betting we'll have to wait until E3 before we see a real representation of the game.

The artstyle won't change though. I don't mind it, but if they were going to borrow heavily from another game for the artstyle, it should have been UMvC3 not SFV. Capcom does some dumb ? sometimes. They literally make moves they have to know, no one likes.
  • focus
    Options
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Looks better in action. I think it's pretty clear the flaws in graphics and some of the gameplay are just a result of the development process. MvC3 had similar flaws and went through several upgrades throughout its development.
  • focus
    Options
    I still feel pretty much the same having seen gameplay. Its all fine, I guess. Im not amazed by anything im seeing, but im gonna get the game regardless because Marvel/why not, so any real critique is pointless.

Some of the OTGs look really weird without assist, but whatever.

The gameplay has obviously been drastically simplified in the same way 3 was coming from 2. We will see if that pays off. People did get use to 3 being overall more casual and still found depth.

Artstyle is just bad. That MCU Hawkeye smh.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    We'll have to see if it's actually been simplified or not. It's less chaotic because of the lack of assists, but it looks like they made some changes to nullify that loss in some ways. For instance, we see some OTGs for characters that weren't there before and it looks like there is a combo breaker now. Plus the gem abilities look useful so far.

So far the game still clearly needs work, but it looks like they are on a good track.
  • focus
    Options
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

NRS games never have longevity. Soon as injustice 2 comes out mkx won't be heard from again.

Capcom is able to sustain multiple games at the same time. They still have tourney for super turbo and usf4. There's no tournament for mk9 or mk2

Boon talked about making his fighting games tournament viable starting with mk9. Before that it wasnt a point of focus for them. Now they have esports league for mk and injustice, weekly and monthly tournaments with up to 50k in winnings, and a regular at evo. Id say netherrealm is doing fine for recently hopping in the tourney scene in 2011.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Boon talked about making his fighting games tournament viable starting with mk9. Before that it wasnt a point of focus for them. Now they have esports league for mk and injustice, weekly and monthly tournaments with up to 50k in winnings, and a regular at evo. Id say netherrealm is doing fine for recently hopping in the tourney scene in 2011.

They're doing fine. Capcom just has a different model. NRS is getting tournament money, but depends more on big sales with casuals. Capcom botched their release and didn't sell much, but initial sales weren't really their main goal. They are planning on using the Capcom Pro Tour to make money of the games. They confirmed that they will be supporting SFV until 2020.
  • focus
    edited April 2017
    Options
  • focus
    Options
    That leaked roster tho lol
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

lol People having a fit. It's not a great roster. It's cool with me though. Oh well, sounds like Capcom is about to take another L.
  • focus
    edited June 2017
    Options
    9f2fhy9c0qe8.jpg

gin9bxcs9af2.jpg

Profile pic vs tagged pic
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lol People having a fit. It's not a great roster. It's cool with me though. Oh well, sounds like Capcom is about to take another L.

Do they like do this ? ? on purpose? Why they gotta always try to milk folks through Dlc or ? rosters?