Options

Comments

• vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    focus wrote: »
    That leaked roster tho lol

lol People having a fit. It's not a great roster. It's cool with me though. Oh well, sounds like Capcom is about to take another L.

Do they like do this ? ? on purpose? Why they gotta always try to milk folks through Dlc or ? rosters?

Capcom don't have any control over the marvel roster
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Why they didnt just show this at the conference I have no idea...

https://youtu.be/9eJoVJAjADI
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn Thanos don't look like the thanos from the old games like marvel super heroes and mv 2

Looks like they wanted to copy paste as many people as possible from mvc3
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    That leaked roster tho lol

lol People having a fit. It's not a great roster. It's cool with me though. Oh well, sounds like Capcom is about to take another L.

Do they like do this ? ? on purpose? Why they gotta always try to milk folks through Dlc or ? rosters?

I don't know man. I honestly don't have a problem with the roster other than it's too small. I don't have a problem with the DLC because DLC practices are much better than the full game small update iterations that Capcom used to do.

That said, Capcom has to know how its fanbase at large feels about some of this ? . You'd think they'd learn some lessons and be smarter about what they do.
  • focus
    Options
    Im more postive on the game after playing the demo. It looks better in person, but still fugly overall. Horrible loading times, and lol at the "story mode". Neatherealm doesnt have anything to worry about there.

But it feels good to play. Its still fun. I miss alot assists though. I miss 3v3 too, but I feel like i'll get over that. I dunno about assists.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Netherrealm studios forcing capcom and namco to put a decent story mode in their fighting games now smh.
  • vagrant-718
    Options
    Played the demo
    -gfx a step down from sfv
    -loading time before fights can get annoying
    -demo has easy mode for combos which I hate
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Played the demo
    -gfx a step down from sfv
    -loading time before fights can get annoying
    -demo has easy mode for combos which I hate

Ono came out and said they'd fix the graphics.
    Hopefully, the loading time is fixed before released.
    The easy mode combos can be turned off.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trash. Graphics trash. Boss trash. Characters trash. Stages trash. Voice acting trash. ? this cash grab of a game smh.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    All the impressions coming from E3 are that the game is great.

Combofiend did a breakdown with Yipes. The gameplay does look pretty awesome and the in-game graphics look good too. Some of the character models are still ? . Also, if you think the roster is lackluster, you're still going to think that, with the caveat that even though many of the characters are returning, apparently a lot of them have been changed up in a way that keeps them interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--PpTCTFxDM
  • focus
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    Easy mode combos means sion is gonna love this game

Pretty much, but umm...I didnt think the dial a combo was optional? Pressing the same button 3 times is an auto combo. Thats just...how this game is? Atleast thats my understaning?
  • vagrant-718
    Options

Pretty much, but umm...I didnt think the dial a combo was optional? Pressing the same button 3 times is an auto combo. Thats just...how this game is? Atleast thats my understaning?

Apparently im hearing you can turn it off but capcom left it on by default
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Apparently im hearing you can turn it off but capcom left it on by default

Yeah you can turn them off and they aren't very good combos.
  • focus
    Options
    They shouldve just announced this as MCU vs Capcom, and approached it like a spiritual successor to X-Men vs Street Fighter. I think people would recieve it better. They could then justify the roster, 2v2 and overall more accessible design of the game. Then just really blow it out with MCU characters (Daredevil, Luke Cage, Loki, Black Widow, etc).
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    They shouldve just announced this as MCU vs Capcom, and approached it like a spiritual successor to X-Men vs Street Fighter. I think people would recieve it better. They could then justify the roster, 2v2 and overall more accessible design of the game. Then just really blow it out with MCU characters (Daredevil, Luke Cage, Loki, Black Widow, etc).

They could have done that, but I'm betting they will eventually bring X-men and F4 characters as DLC.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Played the demo. Didn't like it.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    Played the demo. Didn't like it.

Supposedly, the demo is trash compared to the E3 build.
  • focus
    edited June 2017
    Options
    lol, Capcom actually said they dont believe the "modern Marvel fan" remembers the X-Men. They really tryin to downplay this ? lol
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Capcom. I'm not buying this ? ass game. Ruined a decent franchise for me :s
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited June 2017
    Options
    lol, Capcom actually said they dont believe the "modern Marvel fan" remembers the X-Men. They really tryin to downplay this ? lol

The aren't lying. A lot of the people criticizing the decision to go back 2 vs 2 didn't realize that the Vs series started off like that. So a lot of the more vocal critics are younger players. It's the same way they keep criticizing this game for reused assets, but act claim MvC2, a game that was like an 80% copy/paste jobs, was the greatest game ever.

And I'm not worried about anyone on here saying they aren't buying a game. Ya'll ? talk all that ? about the games you are going to buy, and then when they come out you ? are never on. lol
  • focus
    Options
    So you agree with Capcom that the X-Men arent needed in MvCI because people dont know who they are anymore anyway?

Just trying to figure out why you quoted me?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    So you agree with Capcom that the X-Men arent needed in MvCI because people dont know who they are anymore anyway?

Just trying to figure out why you quoted me?

I agree with Capcom that a lot of their modern and more vocal fans don't even remember earlier games in the Vs series. I disagree with them that that's a valid reason for excluding the XMen. It doesn't matter though. We all know that's not the reason the XMen characters aren't in the game anyway. It's just spin and damage control.

And I quoted you because you were the one bringing up Capcom's comments about the modern Marvel fan to which I directly responded.
  • vagrant-718
    Options
    Nemesis, haggar, frank West and Spider-Man revealed at comic con. Look like a copy and paste job from capcom and add a new super

• Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this franchise went from top 5 to not mentioned at all