• vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How I get a wack? I'm just the messenger...smh
  • vagrant-718
    Options
    this franchise went from top 5 to not mentioned at all

Capcom real lazy with it and the pro players acting like its the greatest thing ever
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nemesis, haggar, frank West and Spider-Man revealed at comic con. Look like a copy and paste job from capcom and add a new super

I don't really understand these complaints honestly. What fighting game doesn't have returning characters from the previous installment? We know for a fact that every returning character on the game has new moves, so it's not just a copy and paste job. Why did people have this expectation for MvC:I that the roster would be completely different? If the leaks are correct, we're going to get around 10 characters that weren't in UMvC3 and that's not counting the 6 DLC who are supposedly all new too. Since when is a fighting game with 10 new characters a copy and paste job.

All the people making these complaints must be new to FGs or something. Back in the day, you might get 3 - 5 new characters per installment.
  • vagrant-718
    Options
    Nemesis, haggar, frank West and Spider-Man revealed at comic con. Look like a copy and paste job from capcom and add a new super

I don't really understand these complaints honestly. What fighting game doesn't have returning characters from the previous installment? We know for a fact that every returning character on the game has new moves, so it's not just a copy and paste job. Why did people have this expectation for MvC:I that the roster would be completely different? If the leaks are correct, we're going to get around 10 characters that weren't in UMvC3 and that's not counting the 6 DLC who are supposedly all new too. Since when is a fighting game with 10 new characters a copy and paste job.

All the people making these complaints must be new to FGs or something. Back in the day, you might get 3 - 5 new characters per installment.

marvel vs capcom is different because its all of capcom's properties so it's a chance for capcom to go in their toolbox for a vast array of characters.

other fgs are different because they cant shoo in characters from different games
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    this franchise went from top 5 to not mentioned at all

? is trash AF bruh. ? LITERALLY copied and pasted mv 3 unto this with non inspired graphics, lackadaisical engine, and ? poor roster, just to get folks must have characters as dlc. What happened to DLC actually being charcters that was long shots or dream scenarios?

Super smash brothers do ? right with their roster, add ons and dlc and I don't even play that.

Just marvel itself, their in-game start up roster of 15 should have went like this:

Wolverine
    Spiderman
    Doom
    Cyclops
    Magento
    Juggernaut
    Groot/rocket
    Captain America
    Storm
    Deadpool
    Gambit
    Iceman
    Venom
    Iron Man
    Thor

And their Dlc "could" have been something unique or dope new characters like

Silver surfer
    Daredevil
    Jessica Jones
    Luke Cage
    Mr fantastic
    Purple man
    Dr octopus
    Blade
    Star Lord
    Stan Lee
    Squirrel girl
    Toad
    Mary Jane
    Professor X

Etc

It's all about just exciting fans. They tend to ignore that and give out the most subpar ass rosters or try to save it for dlc out of greed.
  • silverfoxx
    Options

Mvc to mvc 2 was completely different. Mvc 2 to mvc 3 was completely different roster. This is pretty much the same attire, the same animations outside of two new features, ? just doesn't feel (played the demo) or look like they truly tried. And this is coming from a HUGE MVC fan, I spent 80 dollars on their last game.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    How I get a wack? I'm just the messenger...smh

Sorry man.
  • vagrant-718
    Options
    i dont think marvel roster is up to capcom and marvel love using characters that got movies out.

capcom's roster on the other hand is up to capcom and they ? up with characters with nemesis that was never used
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited July 2017
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    Mvc to mvc 2 was completely different. Mvc 2 to mvc 3 was completely different roster. This is pretty much the same attire, the same animations outside of two new features, ? just doesn't feel (played the demo) or look like they truly tried. And this is coming from a HUGE MVC fan, I spent 80 dollars on their last game.

lol Are you sure you want to bring up MvC? The roster for MvC2 was just the MvC roster with a bunch of characters that were literally cut and pasted from other games. You can't bash this game for recycling characters and then hold up another game that is basically the hallmark of recycling characters as an example of how things should be done. Also, if you're talking about the story demo, you should know that that is probably like 5 months old at this point. They are like 3 builds past that, so it doesn't make much sense to develop opinions on the what the game will be based on something that came so early in the development cycle. That's not me saying that either. If you get on youtube, a lot of the people that hated that demo are saying that the game is great after playing more recent builds. For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXeORX76ODw

marvel vs capcom is different because its all of capcom's properties so it's a chance for capcom to go in their toolbox for a vast array of characters.

other fgs are different because they cant shoo in characters from different games

lol That's not true. Street Fighter is full of Final Fight characters. And NRS games always have guest characters. None of that changes the fact that 10 characters is a lot to get in a sequel. This idea that it's common for FGs to reinvent rosters with every sequel is just incorrect. What we're seeing with MvC:I is typical especially considering they just revamped the roster with MvC3.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Even aside from the terrible roster and ? graphics, that...gameplay :/

2v2 with no assist is looking boring af.

• The Lonious Monk
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Even aside from the terrible roster and ? graphics, that...gameplay :/

2v2 with no assist is looking boring af.

We can agree to disagree there. I never really liked the assists that much, and the free tag combos look way more interesting. It's different though, so I guess it's just a matter of personal taste. If you prefer 3v3 with assists, the DB game next year will be a better choice for you.
  • vagrant-718
    Options

lol That's not true. Street Fighter is full of Final Fight characters. And NRS games always have guest characters. None of that changes the fact that 10 characters is a lot to get in a sequel. This idea that it's common for FGs to reinvent rosters with every sequel is just incorrect. What we're seeing with MvC:I is typical especially considering they just revamped the roster with MvC3.

Sf2 was a reinvention of sf1 roster. Only Ken and Ryu returned from sf1. Sagat was unplayable

Sf3 originally was going to be all new roster until Ken and Ryu were put in it. Everybody else was new

Tekken 3 also had a influx of new characters

It isn't common to reinvent rosters because fgc complained when past characters are not in. Look at sfv, when they announced season 2 characters were going to be all new, ppl complained and they still complaining
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Sf2 was a reinvention of sf1 roster. Only Ken and Ryu returned from sf1. Sagat was unplayable

Sf3 originally was going to be all new roster until Ken and Ryu were put in it. Everybody else was new

Tekken 3 also had a influx of new characters

It isn't common to reinvent rosters because fgc complained when past characters are not in. Look at sfv, when they announced season 2 characters were going to be all new, ppl complained and they still complaining

True, which goes to show that the optimum way is not to try an replace all the old characters. It's to find a good balance between old and new characters.

I'm not saying that the roster shouldn't be criticized. I just think the copy/paste criticism is wrong. The problem isn't how many old characters they are using. The problem is some of the choices they made (e.g., Nemesis over Wesker) and the lack of some highly requested new characters (e.g., Asura).
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope Taskmaster gets in.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol hype for this game is gone
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    art direction reminds me of this ?
    n8fq6g4ppbbv.jpg
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    art direction reminds me of this ?
    n8fq6g4ppbbv.jpg

lol I liked this game
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

Not really. There are a lot of people that have had there hype restored after the gameplay vids from D23 and SDCC. I has been damaged though. Capcom made some huge missteps. They said they learned after SFV, but apparently they didn't.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not really. There are a lot of people that have had there hype restored after the gameplay vids from D23 and SDCC. I has been damaged though. Capcom made some huge missteps. They said they learned after SFV, but apparently they didn't.

Well people are still gonna buy it. Well everyone except @konceptjones and @psychobutcher there too busy ? each other.
    eolpcr99zfka.png
  • focus
    Options

lol, the more they show the worst it gets.

Honestly, Id feel kind of like a sucker for buying this.

What are they thinking?
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited July 2017
    Options
    focus wrote: »

lol, the more they show the worst it gets.

Honestly, Id feel kind of like a sucker for buying this.

What are they thinking?

I'm not really sure what you're talking about. There is no question Capcom ? themselves. They've probably lost a big chunk of the fanbase and won't get that back unless they release some really hype characters as DLC. Still the loss of hype isn't increasing the more they show like you're suggesting. The reception to all the Evo and SDCC videos has been almost universally good. It won't necessarily save the game, but some people are coming around, especially since Capcom also confirmed they'd be fixing some of the models and graphical problems people have been complaining about.

I will say there are a large contingent of people that seem to really want this game to do bad and are actively ? on it at every turn. I can't say I've ever seen anything like that even with SFxT and SFV, which both also had bad receptions. I guess people have really just had it with Capcom's ? .
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe were all just mad they didnt market it for us...but for the highschool kids lol. Forget the days of xmen vs sf, marvel vs. Capcom 1/2....

Injustice 2 ? all over this...
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Maybe were all just mad they didnt market it for us...but for the highschool kids lol. Forget the days of xmen vs sf, marvel vs. Capcom 1/2....

The production value of Injustice 2 does. That gameplay doesn't from what I've seen, but that's purely subjective.
  • focus
    Options

I said this months ago after MKX ? on SFV that Capcom was gonna have a problem with MvCI dropping around the same time as Injustice 2. The writing has been on the wall for awhile.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I guess it all depends on what you mean by "? on." MKX made more money on the front end for sure, but the game is basically done now. They have no further plans for supporting it as far as I know and big tournments for it have slowed down. It didn't even make the cut for Evo. Meanwhile, as much as people bash SFV, Capcom is still making money off DLC and Capcom Cup. They are planning on doing this for at least another 2 years. So in the long run, which is what Capcom was going for from the start, MKX may very not be the more profitable game. It all depends on how much revenue SFV can continue to generate over the next two years. I'm not saying Capcom played it right with SFV at all, but the game isn't nearly the failure people are claiming just because it didn't meet the sales goals.

It'll probably be the same thing with MvCI. Capcom games always last longer than NRS games. Again, that doesn't make Capcom any less dumb for how they go about things, because if they put a little more work into their games, they'd probably get the short term money along with the long term money.