Suge Knight Details Assistance On The Notorious B.I.G.'s "Ready To Die"

Options

Comments

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    i ro ny wrote: »

? give love to the west coast all the time.

? in here acting like when people don't name their influences, the west coast ain't in there. Like folk over on this side are hiding it.

Sad that even la folks have an inferiority complex towards ny

Lol ? acting like NY ain't just a bunch of haters.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? in here acting like when people don't name their influences, the west coast ain't in there. Like folk over on this side are hiding it.

? no we dont..

? really said we have a complex to NY...

yeh..
    iunno where the ? that came from! hahaha

we dont even be thinkin bout them ? . lol
    ? are non factors in our lives.. but thats what happens when u suffer from illusions of grandeur..

we who we is.. and NY has no influence whatsoever on what we do..
    they betta take that ? to Atlanta or North Carolina wit that ? ..

come to the west talkin that NY ? get socked in they muthafuckin mouth! lol
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options

Also, the rest of the country aint really thinking about what went on 25 years ago in rap like that...I'll still bump the Chronic,etc. and maybe even reminisce but there is enough going on now to...its not something other regions dwell on. All regions can think of how they influenced (and influence) others. Also why divide everything by region? I like to enjoy music freely without thinking somehow they "different" over there and all that.
    I agree that at that time, early 90s with the influences mentioned here. Its just that, Isnt that a good thing and understandable that something would be more influential in a time period? So I dont get the point of even worrying about that type of thing especially now. Also as has been asked when was this said and what was the context?
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? no we dont..

yeh..

? are non factors in our lives.. but thats what happens when u suffer from illusions of grandeur..

Hol up nah, New Yawkers got they ass whooped plenty a time down here talkin that ?
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    New York sound was boom bap... when New York rappers started sounding all funky its biting the west period....just like New York rappers sounding like future and using southern trap beats now... Stop being so defensive and call a ? a ? .

This. Everyone and they mama thought asap rocky and fetty wap were southern ?
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    New York sound was boom bap... when New York rappers started sounding all funky its biting the west period....just like New York rappers sounding like future and using southern trap beats now... Stop being so defensive and call a ? a ? .

add Designer, Bobby Shmurder, Young MA... the production and chorus heavy sound is southern... Hell 50 cent did it to with his more hook heavy sound vs 3 verses of rap on that type of production. Of course regions have variety but looking at how Ney York sounded back in they hey day to now it aint hard to tell.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • JonnyRoccIT
    Options

add Designer, Bobby Shmurder, Young MA... the production and chorus heavy sound is southern... Hell 50 cent did it to with his more hook heavy sound vs 3 verses of rap on that type of production. Of course regions have variety but looking at how Ney York sounded back in they hey day to now it aint hard to tell.

BARS SON
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I really don't have a problem with other regions using our style my only problem comes when our artist get criticize for the style but other ? get praised for it...... We ain't had a artist to really blow in the bay in a minute the closet we got right now is G-Eazy and Mozzy (yes I know he from sac just making the point) but if you trace the sound the style and the lingo you'll see it all over it really is ppl love what we do it's just they don't wanna accept hearing it from us that's my problem
  • StillFaggyAF
    edited March 2017
    Options

New York's sound hasn't been boom bap since 98/99

And even then, it wasn't all boom bap

Y'all think any thing with a sample is boom bap
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    $tayRichROLLIN Members Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? no we dont..

yeh..

Real ? .. them niccas don't squabble on the daily like us.
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Suge-Biggie took it like a fat ?
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Really I look at all if it as head phone music... that style for new York is gone ....
  • emanuel08
    emanuel08 Members Posts: 515 ✭✭✭
    Options
    StreetRap wrote: »
    I don't see it on the funkdafied song
    I don't agree with the chronic being bit at this point

cmon man lol , listen to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCchQDE6iXk
  • StreetRap
    StreetRap Members Posts: 416
    Options
    but the Funk was made in the South
    Da Brat is from the South
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    but the Funk was made in the South
    Da Brat is from the South

She's from Chicago
  • StreetRap
    Options
    and Pac is from New York
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

Really I look at all if it as head phone music... that style for new York is gone ....

Well your wrong. Y'all have this idea of what ny music is that is inaccurate
  • StreetRap
    Options
    What's wrong with sounding New York?
  • mr.october
    mr.october Members Posts: 340 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man I thought y'all was joking but y'all serious though.
    Can someone answer this please cuz I'd honestly like to know y'alls opinions on this...
    How can black people appropriate their own culture?
  • JonnyRoccIT
    Options
    and Pac is from New York

? shut up

Da ? is this ? talkin bout.?
  • JonnyRoccIT
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Well thanks to the east coast for creating the genre in the first place so y'all have y'all own "style" so instead of ?

You're welcome

lol and there you have it. Hiphop started in NY and can't nobody from another region deny it. All regions bit from NY period

? are heartbroken scorn ? if they disagree..................................I'm a South ? btw

Django-Livre.jpg
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Naw the south doesn't claim Brat as theirs. She is midwest, she was just signed to a southern label