Suge Knight Details Assistance On The Notorious B.I.G.'s "Ready To Die"

Options
123457»

Comments

• a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Remember Lil Shawn said that Big did warn him about rolling with those cats and he went back and told Jimmy and them, which led to Big being robbed....
  • Midwest_Journalist
    Midwest_Journalist Members Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Eastcoast squad got together like voltron in here huh

yeh..
    too bad im over it..

jus like a eastcoast "when he gone i be talkin again." ? ...

jus like when Pac died ? started poppin all types of ? from over yonder.. this thread die i come to lay ome flowers and its ? in here talkin ? ..

i jus woke up..
    i aint even got the energy. lol

A NY ? (Pac) gave you westcoast ? the heart to talk ? is what I'm getting from all this you typed.................East Coast wins again.

:joy:

I would say 2Pac was somewhat bicoastal ... that's what made him special and the GOAT (in my opinion). But I would say he's a little more West Coast since his music career started in the Bay Area with Digital Underground.

• JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

yeh..
    too bad im over it..

jus like when Pac died ? started poppin all types of ? from over yonder.. this thread die i come to lay ome flowers and its ? in here talkin ? ..

i jus woke up..

A NY ? (Pac) gave you westcoast ? the heart to talk ? is what I'm getting from all this you typed.................East Coast wins again.

I would say 2Pac was somewhat bicoastal ... that's what made him special and the GOAT (in my opinion). But I would say he's a little more West Coast since his music career started in the Bay Area with Digital Underground.

It's a Case by Case thing. Especially When it comes to rapper who claim Atlanta, they have to be born and raised there or people totally denounce that ? .
    Ludacris moved to Atlanta at 9 yrs old, but people quick to say he a Illinois ? . Lol we kinda like that in the city too. Territorial for no reason like ? changes outside them city limits
  • Midwest_Journalist
    Midwest_Journalist Members Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options

yeh..
    too bad im over it..

i jus woke up..

It's a Case by Case thing. Especially When it comes to rapper who claim Atlanta, they have to be born and raised there or people totally denounce that ? .
    Ludacris moved to Atlanta at 9 yrs old, but people quick to say he a Illinois ? . Lol we kinda like that in the city too. Territorial for no reason like ? changes outside them city limits

That's a good point. I guess it's different in certain locations and it's up to the individual. Take Kurupt from Tha Dogg Pound, he didn't move to LA, Cali until he was 16 (originally from Philly on some Fresh Prince of South Central stuff) but he claims the West Coast and speaks about Philly every now and then. I don't know ... I guess his few years in Cali (before meeting Dre and Snoop) was more meaningful to him than his time growing up in Philly.
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everybody bit everybody and then they made it better. Thats how life and music works. You see something you like and you emulate it and hopefully try to make it better.

It always happens, NY set the format and made it cool to rap and be tough, Cali drew from that and gave it more personality and gangster appeal, midwest brought melodies, the south brought dance and soul... Since then everybody has mixed up aspects of everything popular from every region to make their style.

50 got hot teaming with west coast ? , and you can say the same about Pac. The lines are so far beyond blurred when you start factoring not only the artists, but the producer, who they hung with.. Like Ice Cube isn't chill like Snoop but he still west coast, and he really broke his shell when he came out and worked with NY producers.

Once you transcend your region the type of sound you make doesnt really matter, because the whole country is hearing it at the same time. Look at Drake, he is proof that people no longer give a ? where you are from, that was an older business model in hip hop to use you city as a marketing point.

Nobody mad at Biggie or 50 for using a west coast sound, because they did a damn good job at it.
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

yeh..
    too bad im over it..

i jus woke up..

That's a good point. I guess it's different in certain locations and it's up to the individual. Take Kurupt from Tha Dogg Pound, he didn't move to LA, Cali until he was 16 (originally from Philly on some Fresh Prince of South Central stuff) but he claims the West Coast and speaks about Philly every now and then. I don't know ... I guess his few years in Cali (before meeting Dre and Snoop) was more meaningful to him than his time growing up in Philly.

I think it may be a West Coast thing...
    Cause So is his cousin Redrum, he a "OG" Blood out there but he's a Philly ? too
    Lady of Rage from Virginia but considered a LA artist.
    The DOC a Dallas ? but considered a West Coast Legend.

I get it though, they popped in Cali, but that same ? don't seem to go for artists in Atlanta. Lol ? is quick to dismiss that ? .

Remember when T.I. Got accused of being from Riverdale.? He not, but Riverdale/Clayton Co ain't no Hoe though...Waka and other official MF from there and it's just right outside the City Limits of ATL.
    Same ? going on there, just was more gritty environment with all the projects we had and has the Sticker of Atlanta on it.
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I heard that the world stole reading and writing from the West Coast as well. True innovators
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options