How Do You Eat Your Steak?

Options

Comments

• ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well Done
    So do you ? eat your hamburgers raw too?
  • mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »

Hamburgers are a very different situation. However, I don't eat steaks anything under medium well. I've had it in all doneness levels. If a chef knows wtf they're doing and using a high grade cut, you can make medium-well or welldone be juicy and tender. Anyone who's had a welldone steak that had the texture of a leather shoe had a wack ass chef or working with low grade meat.

If you prefer Medium, medium rare or raw, that's cool. But don't use bad texture as the excuse for not liking well done. You just had a trash chef or meat grade.

My favorite steak I've ever had was a well done Hawaiian Ribeye. I was able to reheat it in the oven the next day and it was just as tender as the day before.
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Medium Rare

Nope. Ground beef needs a higher internal temp. to be safe to eat.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Medium Well
    ? mom's should be ashamed of him for this ? . ? scust
  • chompollet
    chompollet Members Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whatever just because something looks strange does not mean it taste bad. I actually went to an cooking/restaurant gymnasium for 3 year. I know how to cook
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    chompollet wrote: »
    I am a chef idiot. Now ? and never mention my name Again. I will ignore everyone now. Cant stand hating people

you're a chef about as much as you owned that BMW you fraudulently posted.
  • chompollet
    chompollet Members Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I went to a chef School 3 years
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Medium
    I started out at well done and have been working backwards for years now. I'm down to medium and can't push it to medium rare. Seems a bit too uncooked for my tastes.
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Medium Rare
    charles2 wrote: »
    I started out at well done and have been working backwards for years now. I'm down to medium and can't push it to medium rare. Seems a bit too uncooked for my tastes.
    You'll never know. "Seems" means you have no clue. Can't hurt to try it bruh.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Well Done

Hamburgers are a very different situation. However, I don't eat steaks anything under medium well. I've had it in all doneness levels. If a chef knows wtf they're doing and using a high grade cut, you can make medium-well or welldone be juicy and tender. Anyone who's had a welldone steak that had the texture of a leather shoe had a wack ass chef or working with low grade meat.

If you prefer Medium, medium rare or raw, that's cool. But don't use bad texture as the excuse for not liking well done. You just had a trash chef or meat grade.

My favorite steak I've ever had was a well done Hawaiian Ribeye. I was able to reheat it in the oven the next day and it was just as tender as the day before.

its from the same animal and is the same meat ground up.... raw is raw aint so semantics lol yall heathens like that raw cave man meat
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Medium Rare
    aneed123 wrote: »

its from the same animal and is the same meat ground up.... raw is raw aint so semantics lol yall heathens like that raw cave man meat

It's not the same ? , not even a little. Do your research haha
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Medium Rare
    A1 is kinda good tho lol. I don't put it on steak but as just a regular sauce that ? be hitting. I use it marinade sometimes and if I'm feeling extra and wana make my own salad dressing I'll throw a couple teaspoons in the mix

Lea & Perrins >>>

i dont use it on u steaks but i pour some in when im mixin the ground beef to make burger patties and i but a few dabbles in my tuna..

? is goat!
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well Done
    Mastery wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »

It's not the same ? , not even a little. Do your research haha

? no lol
This discussion has been closed.